Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   How much weight can you lose in 21 days? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/808792-how-much-weight-can-you-lose-21-days.html)

kitty_el 07-28-2013 07:12 AM

How much weight can you lose in 21 days?

Hi everyone, I am new to Stillmans, I am currently doing JUDDD and have lost about 15lb's in 6ish weeks. I love JUDDD/IF and will definetely go back to this WOE but I want something that will help me lose 10lb's in 3 weeks.
I have done a lot of reading around and I think this seems like a good plan.

Just out of interest what is the most anyone has lost in 21 days (3 weeks)?

I am very excited to start this WOE - Just got back from shopping and picked up some chicken, tuna and other lean meats :)

Collegegal 07-28-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitty_el (Post 16533968)
Hi everyone, I am new to Stillmans, I am currently doing JUDDD and have lost about 15lb's in 6ish weeks. I love JUDDD/IF and will definetely go back to this WOE but I want something that will help me lose 10lb's in 3 weeks.
I have done a lot of reading around and I think this seems like a good plan.

Just out of interest what is the most anyone has lost in 21 days (3 weeks)?

I am very excited to start this WOE - Just got back from shopping and picked up some chicken, tuna and other lean meats :)

From what I understand 15 lbs in 3 weeks is doable. If you stick to plan you should be able to lose an average of 5lbs per week. However if you cheat from what I understand your basically putting yourself 2 days behind. I'm new here but that's what I've basically taken from all the information I've read.

kitty_el 07-28-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collegegal (Post 16534018)
From what I understand 15 lbs in 3 weeks is doable. If you stick to plan you should be able to lose an average of 5lbs per week. However if you cheat from what I understand your basically putting yourself 2 days behind. I'm new here but that's what I've basically taken from all the information I've read.

Thank you for your reply collegegal, 15lb's would be great - I just hope I can stay on track, I think I am going to take things one day at a time - 21 days seems more doable than 3 weeks lol.

Are you doing Stillmans? what are your goals? :)

Collegegal 07-28-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitty_el (Post 16534037)
Thank you for your reply collegegal, 15lb's would be great - I just hope I can stay on track, I think I am going to take things one day at a time - 21 days seems more doable than 3 weeks lol.

Are you doing Stillmans? what are your goals? :)

I just started stillman's actually, I spent last week mainly reading and researching. I did stick to the diet last week as well. I had more of an Atkins day yesterday. I'm planning about one cheat day a week basically where I just add in vegetables. If I want the occasional treat I'll most likely have it. Ideally I'm looking to lose about 50 lbs total. As far as excercize goes I probably won't do anything outside of walking.

kitty_el 07-28-2013 08:55 AM

Did you lose much last week?

I was just reading : http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/st...ns-diet-2.html and one of the woman posting there managed to lose 55lb in just 2 months. So quick weight loss does seem achievable on this WOE :)

Collegegal 07-28-2013 01:11 PM

Tuesday will be my full one week and it looks like I've lost 11.5 lbs.

kitty_el 07-28-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collegegal (Post 16534423)

Really that is fantastic!!! well done :D
I hope I have similar results, good luck for the next week. Please report back and let me know how you get on.

krissakris 07-28-2013 02:53 PM

I'm in! Still mans works but you have to be super strict. I have a little over 4 weeks and I'd love to lose 12-15lbs. I was planning on doing still man/dukan style m+e. No bacon and no cheese except for TOM if I absolutely need it.

kitty_el 07-28-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krissakris (Post 16534543)
I'm in! Still mans works but you have to be super strict. I have a little over 4 weeks and I'd love to lose 12-15lbs. I was planning on doing still man/dukan style m+e. No bacon and no cheese except for TOM if I absolutely need it.

Yay!! I am definitely up for a challenge - I need to lose around 10lb for a wedding.
I am planning on doing very strict stillman's - lean chicken, eggs and tuna. I did meat & eggs a few months ago and lost 7lb's in about a week but felt so sick from the high fat I had to stop - I will do better this time!!!!

Good luck :D :D

deborahlh 07-28-2013 05:25 PM

Count me in too! I have a vacation in about 51/2 weeks and would like to lose as many lbs as possible. Been on Stillman's almost a week and down 6lbs so far!:jumpjoy: I have done Atkins for quite awhile but stopped losing because I wasn't weighing portions, using too much cream and cheese, and making too many lc desserts.
I am actually loving the strict limits of this (so far anyway). There really isn't any wiggle room.

deborahlh 07-28-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

WOW that is awesome!:clap:

krissakris 07-28-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Do u mind me asking how much you weigh? I only ask to see if that's realistic results for me. Thx :)

maepowers 07-28-2013 06:20 PM

Hey Kris! Yes I'm stalking you now. :)

Hi Deb, Collegegal, & Kitty.

I'm gonna join you all. I have a 10 week challenge to lose 40-50 lbs, which puts the goal by Oct 3. Started it July 22, so Stillman's will be part of it. I LC like everyone else, but my way. I do like some variety, so use Atkins, Stillmans, M/E for guidelines, did lots of research on LC plus tried different things, so know what works for me. I'm here to support ya all. Good luck and have a great week. Mae ;)

krissakris 07-28-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maepowers (Post 16534813)
Hey Kris! Yes I'm stalking you now. :)

Hi Deb, Collegegal, & Kitty.

I'm gonna join you all. I have a 10 week challenge to lose 40-50 lbs, which puts the goal by Oct 3. Started it July 22, so Stillman's will be part of it. I LC like everyone else, but my way. I do like some variety, so use Atkins, Stillmans, M/E for guidelines, did lots of research on LC plus tried different things, so know what works for me. I'm here to support ya all. Good luck and have a great week. Mae ;)

I feel the same as you mae my plan is. Hodge podge of all my lc know how, but I'm going to aim for lower fat bc that's when I stopped bloating and felt the best. I have some amazing smoked chicken from our BBQ this weekend so I'm looking forward to using that up the next few days. It's almost August 1st how insane!

Collegegal 07-29-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krissakris (Post 16534777)
Do u mind me asking how much you weigh? I only ask to see if that's realistic results for me. Thx :)

Kris- I started at 183 and have gotten down to 171.5 now that is with clothes on so I could probably take another 3 lbs off of that... Maybe? I'll see what the unclothed weight is on Tuesday when my full week is up.

kitty_el 07-29-2013 03:08 AM

Hey everyone, so today is day one of my 21 day challenge, I am feeling good so far. I have only drank black coffee, may have some HB eggs in a bit.

Good luck :)

Collegegal 07-29-2013 04:31 AM

Good morning!

My day has begun. I hate having to be awake this early. I get up at 5:30 on work days. I had 3 hard boiled eggs and only ate one of the yolks. I already got about half a mile of a walk in. 1 glass of water down 7 more to go.

kitty_el 07-29-2013 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collegegal (Post 16535104)
Good morning!

My day has begun. I hate having to be awake this early. I get up at 5:30 on work days. I had 3 hard boiled eggs and only ate one of the yolks. I already got about half a mile of a walk in. 1 glass of water down 7 more to go.

Where do you live collegegal? I live in the UK so its 12pm here - I am just eating some lunch (turkey breast).
I am not working at the minute, I had a baby 5 months ago so I am on maternity leave till Nov which means I can get out and do lots of walking :)

Collegegal 07-29-2013 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitty_el (Post 16535121)
Where do you live collegegal? I live in the UK so its 12pm here - I am just eating some lunch (turkey breast).
I am not working at the minute, I had a baby 5 months ago so I am on maternity leave till Nov which means I can get out and do lots of walking :)

I live in Michigan (Detroit area) to be specific. The last few days have been quite chilly! It's only 59 degrees currently.

idioglossic 07-29-2013 06:00 AM

I am in, I want to lose 15lbs in 21 days! Starting with QWL for as long as I can stand it and then I will move to what they call Inches Off Stillmans. . . time to climb out of the fat!

Collegegal 07-29-2013 06:46 AM

Yay more people to join in!

SkinnyNikki 07-29-2013 06:52 AM

HI all wow amazing losses!

I am in too :) I am going away this friday, have been on/off low carb for a few weeks but recently went off due to injury. I want to shed a few #s and some water weight before my vaca, but when i get back will be strict ;) I wish i had joined in here earlier before my vaca :( but i guess its better now then never!

kitty_el 07-29-2013 07:49 AM

Hey there idioglossic & SkinnyNikki - glad you can join us, it will be really interesting to see how much everyone loses in 21 days.
I weighed myself this morning (I really didn't want but I thought I better for the most accurate results)
I am doing well so far today I have only had some turkey breast and 2 boiled eggs - haven't drank enough water though!!
The real challenge will be this evening when my other half gets back from work - he always tries to tempt me lol

kitty_el 07-29-2013 01:58 PM

So day one is almost over for me - its 9pm here in England.

Today has been okay - I have eaten : some turkey breast, 2 HB eggs, tin of tuna (mixed with a little bit of mayo - I had nothing else and couldn't face it dry) a chicken breast & lots of water!!

I am feeling hungry and a bit sick but think these are to be expected. I am looking forward to tomorrow and losing weight!!!

Only 20 more days to go!!!!

How has everyone else got on? What have you all eaten?

maepowers 07-29-2013 03:50 PM

QUOTE=krissakris;16534956]I feel the same as you mae my plan is. Hodge podge of all my lc know how, but I'm going to aim for lower fat bc that's when I stopped bloating and felt the best. I have some amazing smoked chicken from our BBQ this weekend so I'm looking forward to using that up the next few days. It's almost August 1st how insane![/QUOTE]

:cry:[I want BBQ. Darn you, KrisKris.
L;)L. Glad we're similar. I lub da BBQ. I do lower fat too, but like I've mentioned numerous times, a little for flavor, pleasure and satiation. August is just getting here too quick, right? darn!
You can do this gal. You better, or I'll stalk you all over this board.:hugs:

maepowers 07-29-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitty_el (Post 16535850)
So day one is almost over for me - its 9pm here in England.

Today has been okay - I have eaten : some turkey breast, 2 HB eggs, tin of tuna (mixed with a little bit of mayo - I had nothing else and couldn't face it dry) a chicken breast & lots of water!!

I am feeling hungry and a bit sick but think these are to be expected. I am looking forward to tomorrow and losing weight!!!

Only 20 more days to go!!!!

How has everyone else got on? What have you all eaten?

:jumpjoy:Good going Kitty, I hope the sickiness passes soon. :console:
Do eat some mayo with Tuna, it needs it! Don't stress on that factor. A little on chicken is good too. However, try that mixed with a tiny bit of mustard and you have a good sauce too. Also, a different way to do chichen (breast, thigh or shredded meat), is just add some of it shredded to a skillet with some butter and pepper. It is awesome, even the next day.

I sometimes cook, bake or roast in my oven on very low heat, a whole chicken and then debone it and pack it shredded in snack bags (usually get 8-12 meals from it for just me); then I warm some up in a skillet with butter (oil/seasalt blend at times) and put some pepper or whatever herb/spice I'm in the mood for, and a meal so tasty, I don't mind having seconds. You'll get use to doing less too when you find satifying meals. Mae
I have a doc of meal ideas if you need one. Let me know, send PM. Mae

maepowers 07-29-2013 03:58 PM

:welcome:Idioglossic!! We're glad to have you. This is a great group of supportive people. Good luck. mae

Quote:

Originally Posted by idioglossic (Post 16535157)
I am in, I want to lose 15lbs in 21 days! Starting with QWL for as long as I can stand it and then I will move to what they call Inches Off Stillmans. . . time to climb out of the fat!

maepowers 07-29-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyNikki (Post 16535198)
HI all wow amazing losses!

I am in too :) I am going away this friday, have been on/off low carb for a few weeks but recently went off due to injury. I want to shed a few #s and some water weight before my vaca, but when i get back will be strict ;) I wish i had joined in here earlier before my vaca :( but i guess its better now then never!

:welcome:Nikki. Hope you have a good vacation. Hey, you're trying, don't be down on yourself!! you can do this. Glad you joined us! Take care. Mae;)

maepowers 07-29-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitty_el (Post 16535282)
Hey there idioglossic & SkinnyNikki - glad you can join us, it will be really interesting to see how much everyone loses in 21 days.
I weighed myself this morning (I really didn't want but I thought I better for the most accurate results)
I am doing well so far today I have only had some turkey breast and 2 boiled eggs - haven't drank enough water though!!
The real challenge will be this evening when my other half gets back from work - he always tries to tempt me lol

Some men can be so tempting, can't they/!?. lol. Hey just tease him back and say you're doing it for both of ya! Good on the walking and menu. I peek occasionally too, but mostly just once a week weigh in. Remember though the clothing helps too. My clothes are getting looser on me and I am happy about that. And drink the water or I'll tell on you. :DMae

maepowers 07-29-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collegegal (Post 16535188)
Yay more people to join in!

That's right CG and more people to lovingly tease...er yeah I mean be supportive of ;)