Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #211
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Callianna
That's great to know that magnesium capsules help, will make a note to buy some!

Calli
Callianna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Calli,
It works every time. You have to play with the dose too avoid too much action!

Do any of you eat quality deli meat?

I started yesterday. Down almost 3 pounds. I have had success years ago. Will cycle with low carb for date nights and social events. Want to lose 15 before Thanksgiving.
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anonymousity
Stats: 195.2/190.0/135 5'6" (highest wt. 215)
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat Stills
Start Date: August 8, 2014 (restart)
Day 18 and I've lost 16 pounds! Woohoo! I'm now about half way to my first goal which is a normal BMI.
Anonymousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #214
Junior LCF Member

I'd like to get some deli meat, Stevie, but don't know of a good brand with minimal additives-- do you know of one? Would love to be able to roll some deli meat around string cheese for a snack.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #215
Junior LCF Member

Wow, Anonymousity!! That is FABULOUS!! Do you plan on staying on Stillman for awhile?
Old 08-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callianna View Post
I'd like to get some deli meat, Stevie, but don't know of a good brand with minimal additives-- do you know of one? Would love to be able to roll some deli meat around string cheese for a snack.
I buy the Trader Joe's roast beef. It has no sugar or starch.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymousity View Post
Day 18 and I've lost 16 pounds! Woohoo! I'm now about half way to my first goal which is a normal BMI.

Wow! Awesome
Old 08-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BBare
Stats: (210/ 139 /125) 5'9.5
WOE: LOW FAT/ LC for wt loss, Atkins~Mnt VERY LOW CARBS
BATHROOM, POTTY ISSUES!

If you can buy SENNA TEA at the Health Food Store, this REALLY WORKS! LIKE REALLY

Today's Menu is as such:

1 Turkey Bacon (Trader Joe's has an amazing low fat Turkey Bacon) 35 cals and 1.5 gr. fat
3 oz skinless ckn breast
1 tsp. mustard

Egg White Salad (Trader Joe's)
2 oz. ckn plain

2 ckn breasts skinless

1 ckn hot dog.

Worked out 1 hour on the Tmill.

MUCH SUCCESS TO YOU ALL! REMEMBER, WITH EVERY BITE WE HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE OUR WORLDS. ONE BITE AT A TIME, ONE DAY AT A TIME! CHOOSE WISELY WHAT GOES INTO YOUR MOUTH... WE CAN DO THIS!!! ONCE AND FOR ALL, WE WILL MAKE GOAL AND BE FREE~
BBare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #219
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TrishaLynn
Stats: (296) 273/239/170
WOE: Still's
Start Date: 8/15/13
Thank you all for the wonderful advice, I get off work in11.5 hours and will be riding to the store! Im hurting and going to get everything might take the mag with the tea lol! I absolutely love tea but never had that one.

What I ate today
6 oz of chicken throughout day (nibbled here an there i have no hunger!)
3 eggs
1/4 cup turkey sausage

Fat 19
Carbs 4
Protein 61

Oh Bbare I never thought of chicken dogs! I might pick some of those up too!! That sounds good dipped in mustard.
TrishaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow, Anonymousity!! That is FABULOUS!! Do you plan on staying on Stillman for awhile?
Yes, I plan on sticking to stillmans for awhile! I never seem to be able to lose on other plans because cravings derail me.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #221
Junior LCF Member

BBare, your posts make me smile. And inspire me, too! I love what you said... "With every bite we have the power to change our worlds."
Old 08-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

GOOD MORNING, LADIES!!!!

TODAY IS ANOTHER DAY WE'VE BEEN GIVEN TO CHANGE THE COURSE OF OUR DESTINY!!! "With every bite we have the power to change our worlds."

This is my new motto!

CALIANNE, thank you, girlile for your encouragement. This statement is beyond true. We live our lives one moment at time and yet, often we spend our NOW in the future or remembering the past. I say LIVE EACH SECOND IN THE NOW!!! Food is just energy. And, if we have wt. to lose, we have energy to burn.

This diet has literally changed my life. I have Insulin Resistance and Hypothyroiodism. I would have to starve myself to death just to maintain my wt. It really got insane when during pregnancy. I gained 110 bs. while eating only 1200 cals a day. I WAS 6 MO. PREGGERS BEFORE I EVEN ATE A COOKIE.

Its was my worse nightmare. THANK THE LORD, that He directed my path to a low carb lifestyle. Who wants to spend year after year being misearable, when eating lean protein will deliver us from misery. It's all a mind game. Once you get it into your mind that GLUCONEOGENESIS is your best friend, and all you need do is allow the body to rip the fat off your bones, your headed for massive success, AND AT LIGHTNING SPEED AT THAT...

TRISHALYNN! Do you have a Trader Joe's by you? This place is LOW CARB HEAVEN. I get their ckn hot dogs, turkey bacon, pre-cooked ckn (plain) canned salmon, tuna, egg salad, seaweed, etc. I'll go and stock up like mad. Oh, and they have the leanest ground beef out there.

MUCH LOVE AND SUCCESS TO YOU ALL TODAY. JUST THINK, BY TOMORROW, WE COULD BE ONE MORE LB LOSS CLOSER TO GOAL. "HAPPY SKINNY-JEAN-MOMMA BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS to you all~" I can't wait...

P.s. CALIANNE, I JUST SAW THAT YOU LIVE IN LA. GO TO THE 99 CENT STORE AND BUY THE SENNA TEA THERE. IT;S CALLED "DIETER'S TEA" IT'S IN A KELLY GREEN BOX. SOME OF THE BOXES DON'T SAY SENNA, JUST "DIETER'S TEA" THIS WILL CURE YOUR POTTY PROBS. GUARANTEED. MAKE SURE TO LET THE TEA BAG STEEP 5 MINS B4 DRINKING. OMGOODNESS. Hope this helps you, love. I know your pain, not fun.

Last edited by BBare; 08-23-2013 at 09:15 AM..
Old 08-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #223
Junior LCF Member

Down 6 pounds in 3 days! Loving this!

August 20 - 271.2
August 21 - 269.2
August 22 - 267
August 23 - 265.2
Old 08-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #224
Junior LCF Member

Wow, BBare, your story of how you gained and lost weight is amazing. Thanks again for all the positive energy!

And thanks for the tip about the 99 cent store! (I go there all the time.) I don't have potty problems yet, that was someone else, but it's good to know about the magnesium and the tea!

Calli

Last edited by Callianna; 08-23-2013 at 10:57 AM..
Old 08-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #225
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
It's also called "smooth move" tea....... just lurking. Love all the great losses you ladies are having !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #226
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBare View Post
GOOD MORNING, LADIES!!!!

TODAY IS ANOTHER DAY WE'VE BEEN GIVEN TO CHANGE THE COURSE OF OUR DESTINY!!! "With every bite we have the power to change our worlds."

This is my new motto!

CALIANNE, thank you, girlile for your encouragement. This statement is beyond true. We live our lives one moment at time and yet, often we spend our NOW in the future or remembering the past. I say LIVE EACH SECOND IN THE NOW!!! Food is just energy. And, if we have wt. to lose, we have energy to burn.

This diet has literally changed my life. I have Insulin Resistance and Hypothyroiodism. I would have to starve myself to death just to maintain my wt. It really got insane when during pregnancy. I gained 110 bs. while eating only 1200 cals a day. I WAS 6 MO. PREGGERS BEFORE I EVEN ATE A COOKIE.

Its was my worse nightmare. THANK THE LORD, that He directed my path to a low carb lifestyle. Who wants to spend year after year being misearable, when eating lean protein will deliver us from misery. It's all a mind game. Once you get it into your mind that GLUCONEOGENESIS is your best friend, and all you need do is allow the body to rip the fat off your bones, your headed for massive success, AND AT LIGHTNING SPEED AT THAT...

TRISHALYNN! Do you have a Trader Joe's by you? This place is LOW CARB HEAVEN. I get their ckn hot dogs, turkey bacon, pre-cooked ckn (plain) canned salmon, tuna, egg salad, seaweed, etc. I'll go and stock up like mad. Oh, and they have the leanest ground beef out there.

MUCH LOVE AND SUCCESS TO YOU ALL TODAY. JUST THINK, BY TOMORROW, WE COULD BE ONE MORE LB LOSS CLOSER TO GOAL. "HAPPY SKINNY-JEAN-MOMMA BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS to you all~" I can't wait...

P.s. CALIANNE, I JUST SAW THAT YOU LIVE IN LA. GO TO THE 99 CENT STORE AND BUY THE SENNA TEA THERE. IT;S CALLED "DIETER'S TEA" IT'S IN A KELLY GREEN BOX. SOME OF THE BOXES DON'T SAY SENNA, JUST "DIETER'S TEA" THIS WILL CURE YOUR POTTY PROBS. GUARANTEED. MAKE SURE TO LET THE TEA BAG STEEP 5 MINS B4 DRINKING. OMGOODNESS. Hope this helps you, love. I know your pain, not fun.

I just google Trader Joes and we have one in Columbus about an hour away. the next time we heading that direction I'll definitely be stopping. Thank you for the advice. I looked up the white egg salad was, when you would put it on your menu for the day. might be planning a trip to Columbus center then I think now lol!

Last edited by TrishaLynn; 08-23-2013 at 12:05 PM..
Old 08-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #227
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow, BBare, your story of how you gained and lost weight is amazing. Thanks again for all the positive energy!

And thanks for the tip about the 99 cent store! (I go there all the time.) I don't have potty problems yet, that was someone else, but it's good to know about the magnesium and the tea!

Calli
oh that was me with the problem finally made it to the store picked up the tea and magnesium pills hopefully that'll work, thank you!#!
Old 08-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #228
Junior LCF Member

Forgot to post weight! I'm very happy. Down another pound! Now I wool be thrilled to stay at this rate
Old 08-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #229
Junior LCF Member

Trisha, once your tea works maybe you'll have lost 20 pounds instead of 17!!! hahahahahahaha
Old 08-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #230
Senior LCF Member

CAN I GET AN AAMMMEENNN ON THE TEA AND MAGN. THIS TEA IS INSANE, LADIES!

When I first happened onto it, it was a total GODSEND. I really did lose 4 lbs. after the first .... EXPERIENCE! Man, what we carry around inside us. Not good. I now take the mag and a colon cleasne, FROM TJ'S no less, every night. It has kept me regular like clockwork. I only do the tea 2 times a week as it really is intense.

TRISHALYNN! YOU'RE FROM OHIO?!!! ME 2. I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN MANSFIELD. I now live in Cali.

Here is my own egg salad recipe:

12 egg whites,
2 egg yokes
ACV 1 Tbsp.(give or take)
1 T Dijon Mustard
3 drops of splenda, vanilla flavor
tiny amnt. of green onions.
dash of sugar free seven up.
Garlic spice mix. Sea Salt.

IT'S FANTASIC. It lasts a few days. Give it a try for something different.

Last edited by BBare; 08-23-2013 at 01:09 PM..
Old 08-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #231
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Trisha, once your tea works maybe you'll have lost 20 pounds instead of 17!!! hahahahahahaha
Ooh that would be GREAT!!
Old 08-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #232
Junior LCF Member

Bbare I drank the tea one cup nothing yet should I drink more? YES! I go there all the for Sams club and gfs. I live in Mount Vernon. Isn't that neat. Thanks for the recipe! The kids will love you for me having too buy soda!
Old 08-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #233
Junior LCF Member

DON'T DRINK MORE!! At least not the first time to see how it affects you. I had a tea like that one time, and like BBare said, it was intense. You don't want to end up locked in the bathroom all weekend.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #234
Junior LCF Member

Egg salad recipe looks great! Thanks! I love getting new ideas and TESTED recipes!
Old 08-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: girondet
Stats: Maintaining 125-128, 5'5"
WOE: Bernstein/paleo
Start Date: May 2009
I'm hoping to stay on Stillman's long enough to lose 10 lbs. I'm hoping it won't take 21 days. I have done it before, decades ago, and the quick weight loss was no exaggeration.

Yay and kudos to everyone who can do this!
girondet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #236
Junior LCF Member

well it finally happened I went off plan... I'm not going to be too hard on myself because I have stuck to stills strictly. and I'm totally back on plan today my menu was:
4 ounces of steak, here comes off plan stuff: 8 grams or 1 1/2 half cups of romaine lettuce( 2 carb). 2 ounces chicken, tablespoons of olive garden dressing (2 carbs) 4 croutons I cut into 4ths (4 carbs), cup ofcoffee with real sugar creamer (10 carbs)

So there is my confession lol... And I'm posting it to be accountable. I weighed this morning and lost .4 so it does make a difference in my weightloss. I'm going strong again today and not to down on myself! It could have been much worse! We have alot of cookies, icecream and chips in house!

And it did go through my mind..."you already messed up why not ready the treats.... That's when I got coffee and used the caramel and coconut girl scout creamer...telling myself no you may have it but nothing else"

Last edited by TrishaLynn; 08-24-2013 at 07:56 AM..
Old 08-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #237
Junior LCF Member

Trisha, you did MUCH better than I did with your little detour. I was just fixing dinner last night when my daughter (light of my life) called and said she'd had a really rough week at work, her fiance was off on a trip to Vegas with some guy friends, and would I PLEASE go get Mexican food and a drink with her? Well, despite having JUST gotten into ketosis, I said, "Sure, let's go out!"

One shared bowl of chips, one combination plate and one big margarita later, we came back to my place and then she went home

At that point I also had the same, "Well, I already messed up" thoughts... and if there had been sweets in the house I WOULD have gotten into them... in fact, if it had been earlier in the evening, I would have gone out and BOUGHT some chocolate or ice cream... but just like you, I ended up having some sweetened creamy coffee, and called it a day.

My weight was up 1.6 pounds this morning, but that means that I'm still down 4.4 pounds from when I started on 8/20. Today (8/24) I begin again on The Road To Ketosis.

Congrats to you for still showing a loss this morning!

I'm proud of us for getting right back on the wagon!

Calli

Last edited by Callianna; 08-24-2013 at 09:36 AM..
Old 08-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #238
Junior LCF Member

Calli,
I guests its going to happen once and awhile, we are doing the best thing we , and that's jumping right back on the wagon. Not letting that spiral out of control again. we can certainly do this! Now in the past I've had issues with binge eating and I mean 1000 calories at once of everything I've deprive myself from. right after or the next day realize I had really screwed up and just fall off the diet totally. so in reality I know I'm becoming stronger im able to stay in control. now when I told my husband about this. he kind of looks at me dumbfounded and argued with me saying for the salad good for you that is diet food. then he started asking questions about how long I have to stay on this. it was getting upset when I said forever, explained it was a way of life a way it be eating. and once I got closer to my goal weight I would be looking for an alternative way to live. I'm here for you or anyone needing to talk!
Old 08-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Day 20 and im down 17 pounds!

Now I'm 170...... its been SO long since I've been in the 160's, but I should be seeing a new decade this upcoming week! I'm thrilled with my losses so far!

Oh, I lost a pound since yesterday, but I ate off plan. I had dreamfields for dinner. It was my off plan day of the week.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #240
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymousity View Post
Day 20 and im down 17 pounds!

Now I'm 170...... its been SO long since I've been in the 160's, but I should be seeing a new decade this upcoming week! I'm thrilled with my losses so far!

Oh, I lost a pound since yesterday, but I ate off plan. I had dreamfields for dinner. It was my off plan day of the week.
Great job!!!! I'm sure you will see it tomorrow!! So exited for you!!!