Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 11:33 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kitty_el
WOE: JUDDD - EOD/STILLMANS :)
Start Date: June 2013
Just woke up on day 4 and I am down another pound so thats 3lb so far

I didn't eat much yesterday but really didn't feel that hungry. I had some chicken breast, 2 HB eggs, some tuna and one baby bel cheese.

Good luck everyone - nearly the end of week one!!!
kitty_el is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2013, 04:30 AM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: idioglossic
Stats: 179/148/140 5'2"
WOE: Stillmans, low carb, low fat, low sodium, 2 meals
Start Date: August 29, 2004/Restart July 28, 2013

Morning of Day 5 and down another pound for 4!

I just love not being hungry. Only got in 2 meals yesterday- B 1 egged boiled au natural and D scallops and salad. Worked straight through lunch, I just hate wasting an hour in the middle of the day, eating, plus eating in the middle of the day in the heat, makes me tired. I know, I know, they say we are suppose to eat many meals. . .sigh

Deb, fasting is amazing.

Kitty, used to fast on weekends, 2 days. The longest I ever fasted was 8 days, water only.

I am excited about being into Day 5 of this 21 Day experiment to see how much weight I can lose. . . to get me well on my way towards feeling comfortable in my own skin.

I am just sick of being uncomfortable. and determined to get comfortable again without my legs brushing each other, arms touching my sides, my upper belly sticking out farther than my lower belly. ,not being able to cross my legs comfortably, clothes being tight. Time to find my lap when I sit down

Have a super Thursday girls!
GOAL 135 12/17/04
30 LB CLUB 11/25/04
40 LB CLUB 1/14/05
50 LB CLUB 5/16/05
60 LB CLUB 8/19/05[/color]
[color=PURPLE]729 CHEAT FREE DAYS THE ONLY PERSON I WAS FOOLING WAS MYSELF!!! [/color]
[color=red]The Sayonara CARBOnara Challenge *Colonel* GOAL[/color]
[color=green]"we need to love ourselves enough to give up entitlement thinking and start thinking in terms of what we need to do in order to be healthy." - Terry [/color]
Lowered goal to 120 1/10/05
idioglossic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:04 AM   #63
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Collegegal
Stats: 180/165/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: July 23rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
HI, Kitty, Deb, Collegegal, Welcome Love2Lift, Starmomz and Idio; Hi and welcome anyone else too, lol.

Kitty, you're welcome and doing great. Go you. Doing good. TY.

L2L & Idio, & Starmomz--Good luck to all of you.

That's a good week Collegegal! Did yo excercise a lot? Do you repeat your menu daily/weekly?

Deb: hope you enjoy your vacation.

Happy losing and have a good week all. Mae
I walk no more then 2 miles a day. My menu currently has been the same for the last 2 weeks. If I get bored I'll decide if I'm going to change it or not.
Collegegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:06 AM   #64
Junior LCF Member

Yesterday started TOM and here's the awesome thing... I CRAVE NOTHING!
Old 08-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idioglossic View Post

Morning of Day 5 and down another pound for 4!

I just love not being hungry. Only got in 2 meals yesterday- B 1 egged boiled au natural and D scallops and salad. Worked straight through lunch, I just hate wasting an hour in the middle of the day, eating, plus eating in the middle of the day in the heat, makes me tired. I know, I know, they say we are suppose to eat many meals. . .sigh

Deb, fasting is amazing.

Kitty, used to fast on weekends, 2 days. The longest I ever fasted was 8 days, water only.

I am excited about being into Day 5 of this 21 Day experiment to see how much weight I can lose. . . to get me well on my way towards feeling comfortable in my own skin.

I am just sick of being uncomfortable. and determined to get comfortable again without my legs brushing each other, arms touching my sides, my upper belly sticking out farther than my lower belly. ,not being able to cross my legs comfortably, clothes being tight. Time to find my lap when I sit down

Have a super Thursday girls!
Well done on another pound down - you are well on your way to feeling more comfortable. I know that feeling though especially now in England, we are in the middle of a heatwave and I just hate the heat because I hate wearing less clothes & then I get too hot..

I have not been hungry at all today - I was driving home earlier and thought you haven't actually eaten anything. I had some turkey breast with a bit of mayo when I got home because I thought I should but I could have gone without lol.

An 8 day water fast sounds intense, I have always wanted to try something longer but have been too scared. The longest I have water fasted is 3 days. I love the light feeling and mental clarity that you get
Old 08-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegegal View Post
Yesterday started TOM and here's the awesome thing... I CRAVE NOTHING!
I am feeling exactly the same, no cravings & no hunger its very liberating.
Are you going to weigh at all before next Tuesday?
Old 08-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #67
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty_el View Post
I am feeling exactly the same, no cravings & no hunger its very liberating.
Are you going to weigh at all before next Tuesday?
I did weigh today and dropped 2.4 already!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone, so its on to day 5 , I just weighed again this morning and I am down another 2lb's so that's 5lb's total I might not weigh now until Monday. I am going to cut out the mayo with my tuna today just to see if it makes a difference.
This week seems to have gone so quickly

Collegegal - that is fantastic - you're on fire with the weight loss - I am so jealous
Old 08-02-2013, 04:18 AM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

Good Morning All ! down another pound and thrilled. . . what have I been thinking for the last several years?? The weight will come off if I just focus and do not eat fat or carbs. . . ahhh and I love all the extra energy I have and the feeling of alertness! Have a wonderful day all and treat yourselves to thin, no one else can give it to you!

How much can I loose in 21 days?

07.28.13 ~ 165
07.29.13 ~ 163
07.30.13 ~ 163
07.31.13 ~ 162
08.01.13 ~ 161
08.02.13 ~ 160
Old 08-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
Start Date: 03/26/12
Hi Everyone! Looks like you are having a great run with Stillman's. I started today. Have a cruise coming up next month so want to have a little leeway to be able to splurge on vacation.

Had 2 boiled eggs, a bit of cottage cheese, and some turkey today.

Hope I see great results in the morning!

I have Stillman's books from the 70s. It says you can lose up to 10% of your body weight the first week. I don't think I've actually ever had those great results, but even 5% for me would be about 10 lbs. the first week and I just saw someone here lose 15 lbs. SUPER!!!
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good Morning All ! down another pound and thrilled. . . what have I been thinking for the last several years?? The weight will come off if I just focus and do not eat fat or carbs. . . ahhh and I love all the extra energy I have and the feeling of alertness! Have a wonderful day all and treat yourselves to thin, no one else can give it to you!

07.28.13 ~ 165
07.29.13 ~ 163
07.30.13 ~ 163
07.31.13 ~ 162
08.01.13 ~ 161
08.02.13 ~ 160
You are doing great - congratulations on another 1lb

The weight definitely comes off with low carb, my problem is keeping it off after, hopefully transitioning back to JUDDD will help me lose the rest and keep it off

So far today I have eaten 2 HB eggs, one mini cheese and some 'dry' chicken breast that I am currently trying to force down, but I really am not hungry at all.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Yay day 6!!! & down another pound which means 6lb's gone

Hope everyone else is still on track, good luck and have a good Saturday
Old 08-03-2013, 04:24 AM   #73
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Day 7

Scale is the same as yesterday!! I love stable!

07.28.13 ~ 165
07.29.13 ~ 163
07.30.13 ~ 163
07.31.13 ~ 162
08.01.13 ~ 161
08.02.13 ~ 160
08.02.13 ~ 160
Old 08-03-2013, 04:39 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Happy Day 7

Scale is the same as yesterday!! I love stable!

07.28.13 ~ 165
07.29.13 ~ 163
07.30.13 ~ 163
07.31.13 ~ 162
08.01.13 ~ 161
08.02.13 ~ 160
08.02.13 ~ 160
I think tomorrow you will be 2lb's down I hate not seeing a loss but we have to focus on the bigger picture - how much slimmer we will be in 14 days
Old 08-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Well today was not a good day, I had 2 HB eggs for breakfast and then went out shopping. I was in the supermarket and noticed the Atkins Advantage bars (I have never tried these before) & before I knew what was happening I had bought one and then I ate it!!!

Aggghhh - this is not good!! It said on the label 2g of 'net' carbs, hmmmmm I am guessing in reality it is a lot more.

I really hope this doesn't impact my weight loss, I am back on track now and am having tuna for tea so fingers crossed I haven't gained anything tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BBare
Stats: (210/ 139 /125) 5'9.5
WOE: LOW FAT/ LC for wt loss, Atkins~Mnt VERY LOW CARBS
HELLO FELLO STILL'S GALS!

I am SOOOOO HAPPPY to finally see a real challenge here with gals who are actually losing at the rapid pace that Still's can bring!

I have here on Stills for years now. There is really no other way to "getter done" as fast as eating low carb, low fat. Our bodies turn into a fat moving machine of goodness.

When I first did this 3 yrs. ago, I lost 20 lbs in 3 weeks. I was astonished!!! It was effortless, really! Once I got into the groove, my clothing fit instantly.

I am so excited to watch and see how everyone succeeds. I'm gonna join ya all as I need to drop a cool 10-15 as well.

Happy losing to we all! This can be done, "One bite at a time!" And, "with God, All things are possible!"

Let me know how I can help!

Hugs,
Beth:jum pjoy:
BBare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBare View Post

I am SOOOOO HAPPPY to finally see a real challenge here with gals who are actually losing at the rapid pace that Still's can bring!

I have here on Stills for years now. There is really no other way to "getter done" as fast as eating low carb, low fat. Our bodies turn into a fat moving machine of goodness.

When I first did this 3 yrs. ago, I lost 20 lbs in 3 weeks. I was astonished!!! It was effortless, really! Once I got into the groove, my clothing fit instantly.

I am so excited to watch and see how everyone succeeds. I'm gonna join ya all as I need to drop a cool 10-15 as well.

Happy losing to we all! This can be done, "One bite at a time!" And, "with God, All things are possible!"

Hugs,
this is such an awesome, inspiring post!
krissakris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

I weighed the same this morning, not sure if that is because of the Atkins bar or just because that's what it would be anyway. Today I will be strictly on plan, next week I'm getting stricter with Stillmans - no occasional mayo, cheese!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend
Old 08-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Hugs,
30lb in 3 weeks is incredible!!! - are you very strict on Stillmans, so no mayo with your tuna etc?
Old 08-04-2013, 04:46 AM   #80
Big Yapper!!!!

Good Morning, This is the Morning of Day 7 ~ 6 lbs gone!

I love how Stillman's works.

07.28.13 ~ 165
07.29.13 ~ 163
07.30.13 ~ 163
07.31.13 ~ 162
08.01.13 ~ 161
08.02.13 ~ 160
08.03.13 ~ 160
08.04.13 ~ 159

Last edited by idioglossic; 08-04-2013 at 04:49 AM..
Old 08-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BBare
Stats: (210/ 139 /125) 5'9.5
WOE: LOW FAT/ LC for wt loss, Atkins~Mnt VERY LOW CARBS
AWWW! Thanks, Krissankris! Bless ur heart. That's my intent; to encourage and support here. This diet is such a Godsent, it truly is. Here we are, beating our heads against the wall, year after year... We search for the answers and struggle in our 'fat-agony' suffering with defeat when all along, the answer is EAT LEAN PROTEINS! Plain and simple.

Kitty El, I lost 20 in 3 weeks as I did exactly what the diet says do. I figured, I'd obey and put this diet to the test... IT WORKED!!! Please, do yourself the biggest favor and look that cheese and mayo in the eyes and tell them to SHUT UP!!! You are in control of your body. It truly is mind over matter. If you eat no fat and no carbs, you will rip that fat off your body, lickidisplit. I am proof. Please, JUST DO IT! Don't toy with defeat any longer. You can do it. Don't allow a very few moments of gratification to derail your skinny body from emerging. Look at all the other's who are losing a lb a day. GO FOR IT!

WTG SUPERSTAR IDIOGLOSSIC! YOU ROCK!!! I am so happy for you! Doesn't it feel insanely liberating! When I found this ace in the hole, I was on cloud nine. My whole life changed. I wasn't chained to the gym, I wasn't defeated and perplexed as to why I couldn't lose on Atkins eating nuts, cheese, and full-fat-fair... I mastered something that once had me mastered... NO MORE!

A side note. I am back for on the diet as I have gained 10ish lbs. I had to take a round of Anitbiotics over the course of a few months and I got the worse case of Candida ever! My stomach exploded and I put on lots of toxic wt. NO FEAR, I know exactly what to do. STILLS TO MY RESCUE!

PLEASE, DON'T EAT LOW CARB: BARS, PORK RINDS, FULL-FAT MEATS, DON'T NIBBLE ON YOUR CHILDRENS FRUIT, OR DRINK ALCOHOL! DON'T TAKE ONE NIBBLE OF ANYTHING BUT LEAN MEAT!!!! YOU WILL BE AMAZED!

YOU CAN'T FAIL!

I'm praying for we all, to achieve our wt. loss goals and to walk into our God given destiny. Freedom and peace awaits, if we obey the rules

BBare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
AWWW! Thanks, Krissankris! Bless ur heart. That's my intent; to encourage and support here. This diet is such a Godsent, it truly is. Here we are, beating our heads against the wall, year after year... We search for the answers and struggle in our 'fat-agony' suffering with defeat when all along, the answer is EAT LEAN PROTEINS! Plain and simple.

Kitty El, I lost 20 in 3 weeks as I did exactly what the diet says do. I figured, I'd obey and put this diet to the test... IT WORKED!!! Please, do yourself the biggest favor and look that cheese and mayo in the eyes and tell them to SHUT UP!!! You are in control of your body. It truly is mind over matter. If you eat no fat and no carbs, you will rip that fat off your body, lickidisplit. I am proof. Please, JUST DO IT! Don't toy with defeat any longer. You can do it. Don't allow a very few moments of gratification to derail your skinny body from emerging. Look at all the other's who are losing a lb a day. GO FOR IT!

WTG SUPERSTAR IDIOGLOSSIC! YOU ROCK!!! I am so happy for you! Doesn't it feel insanely liberating! When I found this ace in the hole, I was on cloud nine. My whole life changed. I wasn't chained to the gym, I wasn't defeated and perplexed as to why I couldn't lose on Atkins eating nuts, cheese, and full-fat-fair... I mastered something that once had me mastered... NO MORE!

A side note. I am back for on the diet as I have gained 10ish lbs. I had to take a round of Anitbiotics over the course of a few months and I got the worse case of Candida ever! My stomach exploded and I put on lots of toxic wt. NO FEAR, I know exactly what to do. STILLS TO MY RESCUE!

PLEASE, DON'T EAT LOW CARB: BARS, PORK RINDS, FULL-FAT MEATS, DON'T NIBBLE ON YOUR CHILDRENS FRUIT, OR DRINK ALCOHOL! DON'T TAKE ONE NIBBLE OF ANYTHING BUT LEAN MEAT!!!! YOU WILL BE AMAZED!

YOU CAN'T FAIL!

I'm praying for we all, to achieve our wt. loss goals and to walk into our God given destiny. Freedom and peace awaits, if we obey the rules

Thank you for the inspiring words I am definitely on strict stillmans for the next 14 days - lean protein and eggs only - I know it will be hard but I know the results will be worth it

Do you have a time frame you are staying on the diet or just until you lose those 10lb's?

Please keep us updated on your progress
Old 08-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Hi All

WTG all on your weight losses!
Hi Kitty, Idio, Collegegal, Bare, KrisKris, Deb, FoxyL, and All. Proud of your hardwork. This is such a great thread/forum. I post on M/E & Stillman's mostly, cause both threads have a great group of people. I'll be weighing in Wednesday like usual. Keep up the great work and loss everyone. You'll get there. Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:03 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Love2Lift
Stats: 193/185/150
WOE: Atkins / protein powder
Start Date: 23rd July 2013
If my sums are right I was 3lb in 3 days and now had 5 days at the same. yes time of the month threw me a curve ball and a whole load of cravings too.
But.. I'm now 1lb down so that is 4lb in 8 days fingers x'd I can up the ratio of loss for the next 13 days.

Well done everyone!
Love2Lift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:10 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Day 7 for me and I have lost 7lb's - I think this could have been more if I hadn't eaten mayo, cheese, pork rinds and an Atkins bar. I am back on STRICT stillmans for the next 14 days and fingers crossed I can double this 7lb

Congratulations on all your losses in the last week, everyone has done brilliantly
Old 08-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #86
Big Yapper!!!!

Day 8 ~ 6 lbs gone!

I love how Stillman's works.

07.28.13 ~ 165
07.29.13 ~ 163
07.30.13 ~ 163
07.31.13 ~ 162
08.01.13 ~ 161
08.02.13 ~ 160
08.03.13 ~ 160
08.04.13 ~ 159
08.04.13 ~ 159
Old 08-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #87
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nvrgvup7777
Stats: 205/194/175
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 7/29/13
Hello, just became of aware of this msg board - started Stillman last week - lost 11 lbs first week and am excited to learn more from all of you!
Nvrgvup7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone so its been a week and I am down 10lb's - excited to see what I can lose in the next two weeks.

How is everyone doing today?

idioglossic - any more losses?

Collegegal - how much have you lost? I am really intrigued as you lost so much the first week
Old 08-06-2013, 01:19 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Love2Lift
Stats: 193/185/150
WOE: Atkins / protein powder
Start Date: 23rd July 2013
Wow well done all with the big numbers.
Love2Lift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:36 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starzmom
I'm down 3.5 pounds the first week. Not bad for me as I'm a slow loser.
Starzmom is offline   Reply With Quote