Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 12:47 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kitty_el
WOE: JUDDD - EOD/STILLMANS :)
Start Date: June 2013
Morning everyone, so today is day 2 and I am HUNGRY!!! I am going to do some boiled eggs in a bit and have some water.
I got on the scales and I am down one pound, was hoping for more but it is still 1lb overnight
kitty_el is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 12:49 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Good going Kitty, I hope the sickiness passes soon.
Do eat some mayo with Tuna, it needs it! Don't stress on that factor. A little on chicken is good too. However, try that mixed with a tiny bit of mustard and you have a good sauce too. Also, a different way to do chichen (breast, thigh or shredded meat), is just add some of it shredded to a skillet with some butter and pepper. It is awesome, even the next day.

I sometimes cook, bake or roast in my oven on very low heat, a whole chicken and then debone it and pack it shredded in snack bags (usually get 8-12 meals from it for just me); then I warm some up in a skillet with butter (oil/seasalt blend at times) and put some pepper or whatever herb/spice I'm in the mood for, and a meal so tasty, I don't mind having seconds. You'll get use to doing less too when you find satifying meals. Mae
I have a doc of meal ideas if you need one. Let me know, send PM. Mae
Thank you for the ideas Mae - I think I might get some mustard later and try that to add some flavour.

How are you getting on?
Old 07-30-2013, 04:39 AM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: idioglossic
Stats: 179/148/140 5'2"
WOE: Stillmans, low carb, low fat, low sodium, 2 meals
Start Date: August 29, 2004/Restart July 28, 2013
Thanks for your welcoming comments. It is nice to be back at Low Carb Friends again. I lost lots of weight in 2004 and now I am focused and ready to get the fat off again. I stayed faithful to low carb for 4 years, then in '04 my life changed, a cousin came to life with me and my mom, and she loves to cook, and yes carbs were on the menu often. . . I did ok at first, but gave in somewhere along the line. . . when she arrived I was wearing size four shorts and size 4 shirts. . I remember what I wore when I picked her up at the airport.

When she left, 2 years later, I weighed 165. . . I love her and know it was all my fault because I put that food into my mouth. The lesson for me is that I need to abstain forever from high carb food, because for me carbs are addicting, I just can not have a small portion, and I crave for days more. . .

Yesterday went well, chicken and romaine and a sprinkling of onion, vinegar and salt. . . so not QWL diet, because I just really wanted the romaine salad and after a long active day at work, I needed it. This morning the scale is the same, 163, and I am good with that. Today is actually my 3rd day, I had started on Sunday then found this wonderful group on Monday, so I am down 2 lbs since starting at 165!. . . God is good!

To day I am going to eat the other half of the cornish hen I baked yesterday and have another romaine with a little bit of onion salad. . .

Have a great day everyone and let us remain focused, and we will all be thinner tomorrow. . .
GOAL 135 12/17/04
30 LB CLUB 11/25/04
40 LB CLUB 1/14/05
50 LB CLUB 5/16/05
60 LB CLUB 8/19/05[/color]
[color=PURPLE]729 CHEAT FREE DAYS THE ONLY PERSON I WAS FOOLING WAS MYSELF!!! [/color]
[color=red]The Sayonara CARBOnara Challenge *Colonel* GOAL[/color]
[color=green]"we need to love ourselves enough to give up entitlement thinking and start thinking in terms of what we need to do in order to be healthy." - Terry [/color]
Lowered goal to 120 1/10/05
idioglossic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:56 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idioglossic View Post
Thanks for your welcoming comments. It is nice to be back at Low Carb Friends again. I lost lots of weight in 2004 and now I am focused and ready to get the fat off again. I stayed faithful to low carb for 4 years, then in '04 my life changed, a cousin came to life with me and my mom, and she loves to cook, and yes carbs were on the menu often. . . I did ok at first, but gave in somewhere along the line. . . when she arrived I was wearing size four shorts and size 4 shirts. . I remember what I wore when I picked her up at the airport.

When she left, 2 years later, I weighed 165. . . I love her and know it was all my fault because I put that food into my mouth. The lesson for me is that I need to abstain forever from high carb food, because for me carbs are addicting, I just can not have a small portion, and I crave for days more. . .

Yesterday went well, chicken and romaine and a sprinkling of onion, vinegar and salt. . . so not QWL diet, because I just really wanted the romaine salad and after a long active day at work, I needed it. This morning the scale is the same, 163, and I am good with that. Today is actually my 3rd day, I had started on Sunday then found this wonderful group on Monday, so I am down 2 lbs since starting at 165!. . . God is good!

To day I am going to eat the other half of the cornish hen I baked yesterday and have another romaine with a little bit of onion salad. . .

Have a great day everyone and let us remain focused, and we will all be thinner tomorrow. . .
Hey idioglossic... I don't get why on Stillman's we are not supposed to eat lettuce and low carb veg but we can eat cottage cheese?!?! - this really makes no sense to me at all At the moment I am eating neither.

I am definitely the same re carbs - one bite turns into 2 months which turns into a year & they make me feel really awful - why do we do it to ourselves??

Well done on it being your 3rd day, that is really great, apparently it gets much easier from this point on & well done on your 2lb loss - you are well on your way to losing those 15lb's.

I noticed that at some point you plan on moving to the inch loss diet - have you tried this plan before?
Old 07-30-2013, 05:00 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starzmom
Count me in. I hope a challenge helps me lose!
Starzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Collegegal
Stats: 180/165/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: July 23rd
My first week is done for a total of 15lbs lost! Now to see what next week brings.

My menu usually stays the same for the most part. Right now I'm okay with that as I don't have to worry about what I'm going to cook. That is the truly easy part of stillman's. Here is what my usual menu looks like.

Breakfast: 3 egg whites
Lunch: 2 turkey burgers or chicken patties
Snack: 1 tin of tuna packed in water (sometimes I add mayo, most of the time I don't.)
Dinner: opposite of whatever I had for lunch.
Other snacks if needed: cheese, and sparkling ICE it's a no calorie artificially sweetened with vitamins water. It really is the best ever! That's not to replace the water I'm supposed to drink however. In fact I won't even go and buy it until I've drank all my water for the day and I also require myself to walk to the store if I want it. Lol.
Collegegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegegal View Post
My first week is done for a total of 15lbs lost! Now to see what next week brings.

My menu usually stays the same for the most part. Right now I'm okay with that as I don't have to worry about what I'm going to cook. That is the truly easy part of stillman's. Here is what my usual menu looks like.

Breakfast: 3 egg whites
Lunch: 2 turkey burgers or chicken patties
Snack: 1 tin of tuna packed in water (sometimes I add mayo, most of the time I don't.)
Dinner: opposite of whatever I had for lunch.
Other snacks if needed: cheese, and sparkling ICE it's a no calorie artificially sweetened with vitamins water. It really is the best ever! That's not to replace the water I'm supposed to drink however. In fact I won't even go and buy it until I've drank all my water for the day and I also require myself to walk to the store if I want it. Lol.
Collegegal - that really is brilliant, I hope I have such fantastic results!!

Are you hungry during the day? - its only day 2 for me and I am starving, I am hoping this will pass soon!! - no cravings though

That has made a big dent in those 50lb's you are aiming for. Are you planning on staying on Stillman's for the next 35lb?

Please keep us all updated over the next week - I can't wait to see what you lose by next week

Last edited by kitty_el; 07-30-2013 at 08:24 AM..
Old 07-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Love2Lift
Stats: 193/185/150
WOE: Atkins / protein powder
Start Date: 23rd July 2013
wow at 15lb in one week the rush is partly water but must feel amazing.

Day 2 for me too of fully lowered carbs.
Love2Lift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:26 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starzmom View Post
Count me in. I hope a challenge helps me lose!
Hey Starzmom - How much weight are you hoping to lose?
Is this your first day of Stillman's?
Old 07-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Lift View Post
wow at 15lb in one week the rush is partly water but must feel amazing.

Day 2 for me too of fully lowered carbs.
Hey Love2lift - Are you doing Stillman's? How are you finding the first couple of days?
Old 07-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty_el View Post
Collegegal - that really is brilliant, I hope I have such fantastic results!!

Are you hungry during the day? - its only day 2 for me and I am starving, I am hoping this will pass soon!! - no cravings though

That has made a big dent in those 50lb's you are aiming for. Are you planning on staying on Stillman's for the next 35lb?

Please keep us all updated over the next week - I can't wait to see what you lose by next week
Quite the opposite actually. I'm almost never hungry. I actually have to make myself eat. I find that as long as I eat enough I can get through to the next meal just fine. Now if I know there is junk in the house it becomes more difficult. Dieting when your surrounded by family can be very annoying. It'll get easier in another month when college starts because I'll be around my family a lot less. College brings its own stress though. This isn't going to be an easy semester by any means.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Quite the opposite actually. I'm almost never hungry. I actually have to make myself eat. I find that as long as I eat enough I can get through to the next meal just fine. Now if I know there is junk in the house it becomes more difficult. Dieting when your surrounded by family can be very annoying. It'll get easier in another month when college starts because I'll be around my family a lot less. College brings its own stress though. This isn't going to be an easy semester by any means.
For me dieting whilst at university was impossible, it was a nightmare with all my friends encouraging me to go out drinking & eating so much junk! I put on 30lb's in my first year (It was a lot of fun though)

You have given me hope that the hunger will pass, I am looking forward to tomorrow
Old 07-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
For me dieting whilst at university was impossible, it was a nightmare with all my friends encouraging me to go out drinking & eating so much junk! I put on 30lb's in my first year (It was a lot of fun though)

You have given me hope that the hunger will pass, I am looking forward to tomorrow
Fortunately I live at home during the school year. I'm 31 and getting a late start with college but waiting has proven to pay off. I'm drinking days are pretty much passed. I only work part time so even if I wanted to party I know I don't have the means to do so. Being broke gives me time to focus on my dieting as well as my studies.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Fortunately I live at home during the school year. I'm 31 and getting a late start with college but waiting has proven to pay off. I'm drinking days are pretty much passed. I only work part time so even if I wanted to party I know I don't have the means to do so. Being broke gives me time to focus on my dieting as well as my studies.
Ah that makes sense then
Old 07-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Day two is almost over
So today I have eaten :
2 HB eggs, some pork tenderloin deli meat, 1 mini baby bel, one chicken breast and half a chicken leg. I did have a teeny tiny bit of mayo (hopefully I can avoid this completely tomorrow)

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

well done
I've had:
3 scrambled eggs
2 cherry tomatos (through the egg)

1 chicken portion for lunch

sliced ham (off the bone) - snack one thick slice

2 chicken portions with asparagus for dinner

Good luck for your weigh in, how often do you weigh?
Old 07-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
well done
I've had:
3 scrambled eggs
2 cherry tomatos (through the egg)

1 chicken portion for lunch

sliced ham (off the bone) - snack one thick slice

2 chicken portions with asparagus for dinner

Good luck for your weigh in, how often do you weigh?
That asparagus sounds so nice right now!!
I pretty much weigh everyday - the temptation is too much not to in the morning & I like to not miss any losses. How about you?
Old 07-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starzmom
Quote:
Hey Starzmom - How much weight are you hoping to lose?
Is this your first day of Stillman's?
Yes this is my first day and I'm on plan!.
In the three weeks I hope to lose 15. I've done that before.
Starzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:28 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starzmom View Post
Yes this is my first day and I'm on plan!.
In the three weeks I hope to lose 15. I've done that before.
I am sure you can lose 15lb!!! Good luck for day 2
Old 07-31-2013, 12:29 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Just weighed this morning and I am down another pound, so that's 2 pounds in 2 days - yay
Old 07-31-2013, 04:20 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey Love2lift - Are you doing Stillman's? How are you finding the first couple of days?
No sorry I saw your thread and dipped in before I saw Stillmans, I don't know what that is. I'm on Atkins based but with protein shakes added if needed. I haven't used them after day one though so not sure if they'll come into play or not.

I'll have to have a read up on Stillmans, are there any good sites on it?

Am feeling rough today but with my time of the month which does knock me for six anyhow. But other than that really pleased and going well. I have lost 3lb since starting and had worked my way down gently with a few lbs before that so finishing July lower than I have been all month is a great feeling.

Hope you've been enjoying the losses and doing well.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:20 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Just weighed this morning and I am down another pound, so that's 2 pounds in 2 days - yay
fantastic! well done
Old 07-31-2013, 04:43 AM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

Good Morning

down another pound today!! 3 in 3 not bad!

food for today

B 2 hard boiled eggs
L scallops
D water packed tuna

Kitty el, Dr. Stillmans’ 14 Day Shape Up Program allows veggies but also bread??? not sure what is up with that? Today I am going for 3 meals. I am not hungry so eating 3 times is a pain. . . but they say it make you lose faster and more. . . and that is what I want.

Have a great day all 162 is feeling fantastic, and I can not wait to shower and dress and see the difference in how my clothes fit.

Feels soooo good to be in control and focused and losing weight!
Old 07-31-2013, 05:06 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
No sorry I saw your thread and dipped in before I saw Stillmans, I don't know what that is. I'm on Atkins based but with protein shakes added if needed. I haven't used them after day one though so not sure if they'll come into play or not.

I'll have to have a read up on Stillmans, are there any good sites on it?

Am feeling rough today but with my time of the month which does knock me for six anyhow. But other than that really pleased and going well. I have lost 3lb since starting and had worked my way down gently with a few lbs before that so finishing July lower than I have been all month is a great feeling.

Hope you've been enjoying the losses and doing well.
It is the first time for me doing Stillmans, I have done Atkins many times and until recently was doing alternate day fasting - which I will return to, because I love that way of eating
Stillmans promises quick weight loss (which is what I need) - its low carb, low calorie/fat with no fruit/veg. It's pretty much lean meat, eggs and fish.
It's quite hardcore but then some of the results I have been reading about are worth a couple of weeks of being very strict.

Well done on your 3lb weight loss!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 05:09 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good Morning

down another pound today!! 3 in 3 not bad!

food for today

B 2 hard boiled eggs
L scallops
D water packed tuna

Kitty el, Dr. Stillmans’ 14 Day Shape Up Program allows veggies but also bread??? not sure what is up with that? Today I am going for 3 meals. I am not hungry so eating 3 times is a pain. . . but they say it make you lose faster and more. . . and that is what I want.

Have a great day all 162 is feeling fantastic, and I can not wait to shower and dress and see the difference in how my clothes fit.

Feels soooo good to be in control and focused and losing weight!
Yay to the 3lb in three days.. it really is such a great feeling to step on the scales and see consistent losses.

I just had a look at the 14 day shape up program - and I see it seems a lot less restrictive than the QWL - I just can't see how you can eat all that and lose - but if it works then even better lol
Old 07-31-2013, 06:09 AM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

Kitty el, I love fasting. . . so we can do that some time as partners.

I am out to get into the 140's and really do not care how. I am on the train now to thinville, and may move on to perfection town, 140 No cheating, no mistakes no leaving the train, until I arrive at my destination!
staying focused and alert and will not cheat myself.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:32 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It is the first time for me doing Stillmans, I have done Atkins many times and until recently was doing alternate day fasting - which I will return to, because I love that way of eating
Stillmans promises quick weight loss (which is what I need) - its low carb, low calorie/fat with no fruit/veg. It's pretty much lean meat, eggs and fish.
It's quite hardcore but then some of the results I have been reading about are worth a couple of weeks of being very strict.

Well done on your 3lb weight loss!!!
I had a read of it this afternoon and it looks good, strict works for me, if I'm allowed things I start cheating! So might be something for the future to think about.

Good luck, will be great to see how we both get on as we started same time. I've done a bit of IF too but do the 16:8 so eat for 8 hours, that suits me down to the ground on work days and I was so surprised I can actually have a 6 hour eating window and feel great. A Friend is doing 5:2 and doing better on fast days than on eating days. She is really shocked by it I think.

it's so empowering to see different ways of eating.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:31 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deborahlh
Stats: 191/191/150
WOE: IF
Start Date: July 2014
Quote:
Kitty el, I love fasting. . . so we can do that some time as partners.

I am out to get into the 140's and really do not care how. I am on the train now to thinville, and may move on to perfection town, 140 No cheating, no mistakes no leaving the train, until I arrive at my destination!
staying focused and alert and will not cheat myself.
I love to fast too...actually was doing LC/ JUDDD for awhile, but needed a jump start for my vacation in a month. I will probably go back to that after this next 30 days just to add more variety. But this has not been as hard as I expected.

LOVE your attitude btw!!
deborahlh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:30 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
HI, Kitty, Deb, Collegegal, Welcome Love2Lift, Starmomz and Idio; Hi and welcome anyone else too, lol.

Kitty, you're welcome and doing great. Go you. Doing good. TY.

L2L & Idio, & Starmomz--Good luck to all of you.

That's a good week Collegegal! Did yo excercise a lot? Do you repeat your menu daily/weekly?

Deb: hope you enjoy your vacation.

Happy losing and have a good week all. Mae

Last edited by maepowers; 07-31-2013 at 09:35 PM..
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:31 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahlh View Post
I love to fast too...actually was doing LC/ JUDDD for awhile, but needed a jump start for my vacation in a month. I will probably go back to that after this next 30 days just to add more variety. But this has not been as hard as I expected.

LOVE your attitude btw!!
Hey Deborahlh - glad to hear you love fasting as much as me were you doing every other day rotations?