Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kitty_el
WOE: JUDDD - EOD/STILLMANS :)
Start Date: June 2013
Stillmans & Protein Sparing Modified Fast

Hey everyone
Does anyone know if Stillmans is essentially the same as the protein sparing modified fast diet? I have been researching different WOE and stumbled across this and it sounded very similar to Stilmans.

Just curious really
kitty_el is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty_el View Post
Hey everyone
Does anyone know if Stillmans is essentially the same as the protein sparing modified fast diet? I have been researching different WOE and stumbled across this and it sounded very similar to Stilmans.

Just curious really
HI Kitty,
According to Wikipedia, it was created in the1970's for a rapid weight loss for the morbidly obese. PSMF is a type of very low calorie diet with dehydration being a health concern, hence fluids, vitamin and mineral (potassium and sodium) supplementation is necessary and doctor's supervision is recommended. PSMF diets consist in foods that are naturally rich in good-quality protein and particularly low in fats (chicken breast, egg white, ham, cottage cheese). Recently it's become popular due to the French Dukan diet. It is also used by professional bodybuilders. Some consider it close to Stillman's, I think. But as with any high protein diet, there should be a little good fat in it to support the body, and drink lots of liquids, especially water. Proteins only can tend to dehydrate the body a bit. So supplements like a daily vitamin are reccommended to help with any dietary deficiences.
http://diet.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Reci...ow_a_PSMF_Diet Here is a good article on it.
Hope this helps. Have a great weekend. Mae

Last edited by maepowers; 07-27-2013 at 05:43 PM..
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:09 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kitty_el
WOE: JUDDD - EOD/STILLMANS :)
Start Date: June 2013
Thank you for your reply I am thinking I may try Stillmans for 3 weeks - I have an event coming up and would like to lose 10lb in this time, I am currently doing JUDDD (which I love and will definitely go back to) but I need something that provides quicker losses.
kitty_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty_el View Post
Hey everyone

Just curious really
I think it is esp if you keep your cald under 800.
krissakris is offline   Reply With Quote