Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/173/120
WOE: stillman weekdays/Atkins week-ends
Start Date: September 2nd 2014
Success-Is-Sweet

Hi Stillies and Newbies and Oldies,

This is a modified stillmans plan. I'm bringing this Weightloss baby in for the landing.

The plan is basically Stillman's QWL with a twist. The twist is up to you as far as what makes it work for you. For me, I'm planning to add a green shake at 5 carbs and a romaine lettuce heart at 3 on a daily basis. Remembering the vitamins.

Another twist on my modified plan is as needed a break is acceptable, then right back to plan. If I go to a restaurant I will most likely just go Atkins that meal.

My plan will bring me down to my desired weight of 130. Come and join me if you'd like to change up your Stillman's plan for a while or for the long haul.

I've always loved the basic plan, I've just never been able to stick with it. This is it. It's Time to do it.

I have the Stillman's book and I know his philosophy would be fine with my plan. He has several other plans in his book that are totally different than the QWL one, because his philosophy is whatever it take, just take it off.

Frances
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Weigh in is Mondays:

Frances,,,,,175
Old 07-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Just add your name and weight to the weigh in post and let's get going. Success loves company

Old 07-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Wisteria
Stats: 242/176/120
WOE: stillman's/primal
Start Date: March 2013
I don't know how to add my name and weight to the weight in post,my weight today is 218,i plan on exercising everyday and hoping to lose 10lbs by the end of the month.
Wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Weigh in is Mondays:

Frances,,,,,175
Wisteria,,,,218

Your In! Let's do this Ten pounds sounds good!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

What is your plan Wisteria,,,,or shall I say tweaks
Old 07-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

down one pound! I would have done better except for the off plan eating.

Today I'm wanting to stay closer to plan
Old 07-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
I may join you, so I can stop feeling guilty about not sticking to the plan perfectly. I'm actually following dukan, but i'll be back on track more so after this weekend
krissakris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
I may join you, so I can stop feeling guilty about not sticking to the plan perfectly. I'm actually following dukan, but i'll be back on track more so after this weekend

Glad to have you join! I know guilt is our enemy when it comes to dieting. Guilt can sure lead to eating more once you feel like Oh Well

Tell me about the tweaking plan you have been thinking of. A little dukan and a little stillmans?
Old 07-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday was an off day for me. I really usually go off a plan almost immediately after starting a new plan, but I'm not feeling guilty at all. Today I am aiming to stay on plan with the following foods.

Turkey,
one romaine heart
egg (anyway)
turkey sausage
green shake
water, water, water and tea
Old 07-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

calling All Tweakers,,,,,,Calling All Tweakers,,,,,weigh in is Monday,,,,

Be you a Newbee Or be you an OldBee

You are invited to start fresh and new with a diet made up just by you!

Tweak it till it works

Old 07-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Yesterday was an off day for me. I really usually go off a plan almost immediately after starting a new plan, but I'm not feeling guilty at all. Today I am aiming to stay on plan with the following foods.

Turkey,
one romaine heart
egg (anyway)
turkey sausage
green shake
water, water, water and tea
Sounds like a good menu to me It'sTIme. Good luck to you and everyone on the TWeakin Challenge. I'm in with ya. I post on the M/E & Stillman's threads, great group of people there too. I'm hoping to lose 10-14 lbs by end of July. Eggs in AM, salads for dinner and lunch, that's my tweak and change up from straight Stillman's, doing it a little different this week. Will change it up a little more the following week, testing the waters again, so to speak. Have a lovely Thursday all. Mae
PS, my weigh ins are usually on Wednesday.
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Sounds like a good menu to me It'sTIme. Good luck to you and everyone on the TWeakin Challenge. I'm in with ya. I post on the M/E & Stillman's threads, great group of people there too. I'm hoping to lose 10-14 lbs by end of July. Eggs in AM, salads for dinner and lunch, that's my tweak and change up from straight Stillman's, doing it a little different this week. Will change it up a little more the following week, testing the waters again, so to speak. Have a lovely Thursday all. Mae
PS, my weigh ins are usually on Wednesday.

Oh, So nice to meet you mae! Posting on a few threads really can keep you motivated. On my best days I will be eating very close to pure QWL plus my shake and 3 carb salad.

Today I had a Rueben omelet. It was so good. 3 eggs, two slices of swiss, turkey and saurerkraut. Yum! Tonight a lean steak! I made it through yesterday with no slip ups. Wishing you the best Mae,,,,,,glad to have you and you can just tell me your weight when your ready
Old 07-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh, So nice to meet you mae! Posting on a few threads really can keep you motivated. On my best days I will be eating very close to pure QWL plus my shake and 3 carb salad.

Today I had a Rueben omelet. It was so good. 3 eggs, two slices of swiss, turkey and saurerkraut. Yum! Tonight a lean steak! I made it through yesterday with no slip ups. Wishing you the best Mae,,,,,,glad to have you and you can just tell me your weight when your ready
Hi and Thanks ITime. It's on my stats lol. Lean steak sounds yummy. Not much on sauerkraut myself, but otherwise you have a good menu. Best to you also. MP
Old 07-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pleth
Stats: 243/233.6/135
WOE: Stillman's - first time
Start Date: July 11, 2013
I would like to join you. Weight: 243

My tweak would be doing Stillman's the best I can on what's available in the house right now because I won't be able to drive to town before Sunday. I started today with leftover cold lean ground beef, maybe 1/3 cup. (I'm not usually hungry in the morning, so that's all I ate.) Lunch was leftover baked salmon, maybe 1/2 cup. Dinner was a salmon patty (some fat in that one) and 1/3 cup of cottage cheese. They went really well together.
Pleth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleth View Post
I would like to join you. Weight: 243

My tweak would be doing Stillman's the best I can on what's available in the house right now because I won't be able to drive to town before Sunday. I started today with leftover cold lean ground beef, maybe 1/3 cup. (I'm not usually hungry in the morning, so that's all I ate.) Lunch was leftover baked salmon, maybe 1/2 cup. Dinner was a salmon patty (some fat in that one) and 1/3 cup of cottage cheese. They went really well together.

Nice to meet you Pleth

I'll post the weights on Monday and put you in at 243,,,Unless you have an update by then.

If want to daily weigh in because it helps keep on track, do feel free with that I will just put the Monday one up on whatever you weigh Monday.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
What is your plan Wisteria,,,,or shall I say tweaks
I'll be adding coconut oil,cream and butter,love this thread so positive and upbeat
Old 07-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Monday weigh-in

Just weighed myself this morning i'm 214.6 down from 218 i will definitely stick with this plan for the rest of the month.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Just weighed myself this morning i'm 214.6 down from 218 i will definitely stick with this plan for the rest of the month.
WTG Wisteria! May you lose even more. Have a great week. Let us know your menu. How many days? What kind of exercise are you doing? Just curious. TY.

I was down tdoay, from 250 to 246.2 so happy about that. Officially I usually weigh in on Wednesdays, will do then too. Take care all and happy LCing.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #20
Junior LCF Member

It's so nice to read everyone's losses!

I was 237.4 this morning, down from 243.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Congrats on the 4 lbs weight[ lossQUOTE=maepowers;16516423]

WTG Wisteria! May you lose even more. Have a great week. Let us know your menu. How many days? What kind of exercise are you doing? Just curious. TY.

I was down tdoay, from 250 to 246.2 so happy about that. Officially I usually weigh in on Wednesdays, will do then too. Take care all and happy LCing.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

WTG Pleth! Thank you and everyone else for your support.
Wednesdays are my usual weigh in day, so have gone down to 243, posted the other day, just to see. So a total of almost 7 pounds for this week. Dropped what I gained over the holiday and then some. So that's a good start. Hoping to be under 230 by end of July, first week of August at the latest. We'll see. Working on a carb cycling plan for myself. Happy LCing and losing everyone. Hugs. Mae
Old 07-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

Congrats on losing 4 lbs well done.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:31 AM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
WTG Pleth! Thank you and everyone else for your support.
Wednesdays are my usual weigh in day, so have gone down to 243, posted the other day, just to see. So a total of almost 7 pounds for this week. Dropped what I gained over the holiday and then some. So that's a good start. Hoping to be under 230 by end of July, first week of August at the latest. We'll see. Working on a carb cycling plan for myself. Happy LCing and losing everyone. Hugs. Mae
Maepowers 7 lbs loss in a week ! that's awesome
Old 07-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Maepowers 7 lbs loss in a week ! that's awesome
Hi Wisty and All, thank you very very much. Tomorow's my Bday so gonna have all LC, but some goodies on the list, like a cheese burger on an oopsie roll. Oopsie roll french toast, and then some beef tips too with grilled onions. A little carby on some but not real high. So tasty and will be even better, my daughter's cooking it all and spoiling me. lol. What a day of fun it will be. Then she's even doing something better, she's making sure I stick to my own self-challenge I'm gonna do this coming Sunday, and then go through the 21st through 30 th. I've got ten days of LC food prepared, in freezer mostly, cooked and prepped, meats, LC casseroles and such. So this will be a great challenge and with a good variety, something different but on the plan. Gonna weigh on Sunday and then again on the 31st to see how it goes. Most all will be under 10-15 carbs and between 1100-1400 cals. It's a Stillman's/Akins/LC/ME, my way blend. lol. I think I'll make my 8-10 lb goal for the 31st weigh in. Wish me luck.
Hope every one has a great LC and weight loss and happy weekend.Mae

Last edited by maepowers; 07-19-2013 at 09:32 PM..
Old 07-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #26
Junior LCF Member

Mae, your plan sounds great, I'm excited for you!

I'm familiar with oopsie rolls, but how do you make it french toast and keep it low carb? (We always poured maple syrup over our french toast.) If you ever want to share recipes... I'm all ears. I've been doing really bland and simple, but my 18 yo wants to join me, and she needs more variety.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Maepowers wishing you a great day!

Last edited by Wisteria; 07-21-2013 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: left out an a
Old 07-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I'm familiar with oopsie rolls, but how do you make it french toast and keep it low carb? (We always poured maple syrup over our french toast.) If you ever want to share recipes... I'm all ears. I've been doing really bland and simple, but my 18 yo wants to join me, and she needs more variety.
HI Pleth, thank you very much! I had a stupendous weekend. We went to go see Pacific RIm, entertaining movie (sorta like Independance Day meets Transformers vs Aliens, lol). I took a bag in with me, inside was water and pork skins. Didn't eat at the movies. My one bad thing for the weekend was my daughter made homemade biscuits and boy did I lather one of those tasty things wiht butter. Yeps, enjoyed every bit and don't feel one damn bit guilty. LOL.

Glad you are familiar with Oopsie Rolls. Make some up, they freeze well. I take one out for different things. As for the french toast: dip the rolls in an egg & cinnamon (if you artificial sweetner, you can put a few drops in the egg/cinnamon mix), then fry them up in butter, like you would regular french toast. They also make great grilled cheese. Try some Steakuums with onions or three pepper blend also on them. Great weekend or off day treat when you want something different. Take some sausage and a piece of cheese and make your own Oopsie McMuffin. The rolls are great when made savory too and then use them like biscuits and put gravy over them and some crumbled sausage.

I make my gravy very LC and it is awesomely tasty. Just use your sausage grease (a couple of tablespoons), and on low to medium heat, put in some powdered parmesean cheese and onion powder to start. This is the thickener instead of flour, which is a no no for me. I then add a little pinch of salt and pepper, and this will all get thick, oh and add some HWC or H/H to it in place of milk, as you would use in reg gravy. Just simmer, stirring occasionally until it thickens. To make a cheese sauce, use same recipe and add your favorite cheese. Processed swiss or white american is great with it. I use only a slice or so, so I'm still low on carbs and read labels, not just for carbs and sodium content, but what it's made from.

I get recipes from all over, some are my own or just differently done to suit me. There are lots here on the site and even in this thread. Read my earlier posts, I put my beef tips recipe here and those are damn good. Never any leftovers at my house. Grins. Sure any time you want some recipes, I'll fork over. If you like crepes or wraps, let me know, have an awesome recipe and they go great with meat, scrambled eggs sauteed veggies and there is no flour in them. THanks again for the birthday wish. Hugs. Mae
Old 07-21-2013, 07:25 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Maepowers wishing you a great day!
Thank you Wisteria, I had a wonderful one and a great weekend. See my post to Pleth. Whenever yours is, hope you two have a great one. MP
Old 07-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Crepes or wraps

Quote:

Pleth, here is a recipe with who did it. Mae
Originally Posted by lilbeetle
27/6 142.6
Lil's Homemade Wraps
4 eggs
125gm ricotta (anykind, I just get whatever is cheapest)
2T physllium husks
garlic powder or any savory flavourings you like

Beat together. Pour batter into pan, cook side A, then loosen and flip to cook side B. Cook in 1t oil in 1/4c amounts, they resemble pancakes more than a crepe in thickness. The physillium husks will thicken the batter the longer it sits, so thin it down as required with 1T water. I get 4-6 depending on the day You definatly need to reoil the pan between each one.

Depending on what nutritional guideline you follow, they are either zero carb, or less than one carb each. Fill with what ever and roll. my favouring is chicken sausage, avocado, lettuce, grated cheese, mayo and relish. MMMmmm
===========================
Here's how I do mine. Lil's are good too!
OH b4 I forget, there is a low carb divinci's maple syrup, you can get it here on LC/Nutrition or at one of the grocery stores I think, like WW, depending on your area.

Eggy Wraps/Crepes
2-3 eggs (or 2 eggs plus xtra egg yolk), 2 TBSP Onion powder, 1 TBSP Dry Parmesean cheese, dash of pepper, salt and garlic salt to taste. You can use other savory spices also like garlic, italian, sage, etc. Then once beaten and spices added, use a little butter, oil or cooking spray like Pam and pour about an eighth to a quarter cup of batter into a warm pan. Stir it with the handle to get it to coat well. Brown a couple of minutes on first side, then flip and brown about a minute on second side. Stack on a cooling rack, can put wax paper between them and be frozen for a longer use.

You can put what you like on these such as meat, or cheese, or sauteed veggies like onion and spinach; or just more scrambled eggs.

Hope these help. MP