Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 12:16 AM   #61
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Callianna
Hey all, just popping over from the August board to see how you all are doing. Thanks for sharing your success and menus, It's Time! I'm happy to see that the lettuce hasn't slowed you down a bit... and why should it, really? Plus the vinegar probably helps with weight loss.

Could you tell me what's in your shake? What kind of protein powder, and then do you use almond milk or coconut milk or water, or...?

Love reading about what others are doing and how it's working!

Calli
Callianna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: not there/not there yet/ there
Start Date: Dec. 27th 2014
Hi Calli,
Pop in here anytime, we are all here for each other. I pop over there too sometimes.
As you may have noticed I'm more of a tweaker of the QWL Plan. Whatever works.

My shake is just Whey powder with some Macro Greens in it with 3 vitamins added. Two types of calcium and one magnesium. Just water right now for the liquid. When I lose my weight I may put fruit and almond milk or whatever in it, for taste and food value.

I'm doing really good this go around with dieting. I'm planning whenever I just absolutely have to go off plan, to go off low carb and indulge in some Atkins or some other lowcarb diet. Then back to this. It can be mostly a mental thing that a person needs to go off, so try to have a good back-up plan. Then you won't feel like, oh well I blew it and just eat a mountain of food. But even if you do that, just forgive yourself and say oh well that's a refeed and back on plan again. Those refeeds are sometimes what you needed to get the weight loss staying strong.

Frances
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:09 PM   #63
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the info, It'sTime. Yes, I know what you mean about breaks. I've got 140 pounds to lose, so I'm thinking of doing Stillman every other week and Atkins every other week to keep it sustainable, and even the occasion non-low-carb meal if I'm out with someone else. I know I could lose faster doing just Stillman, and maybe I could even stick with it, but I read where a few people lost their hair and such with doing strict Stillman for a few months, so I'd rather not risk that.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Calli,

A good rule of thumb as far as low carb in general goes is the vitamin pill biotin for hair. Really your hair will even get thicker than it usually is with this vitamin.

You sound like you have a really good plan overall....
Old 08-22-2013, 01:14 AM   #65
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the tip about the biotin, good to know! Wish I'd known that a long time ago! I've always had painfully thin hair, just like my mama.

Calli
Old 08-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

august 13,,,179
august 14,,,177
august 15,,,176
august 16,,,175
august 17,,,174
august 18,,,,173
august 19,,,,173
august 20,,,,172
august 21,,,,,OFF PLAN
august 22,,,,,OFF PLAN
august 23,,,,,OFF PLAN
august 24,,,,,OFF PLAN

I'll start fresh tomorrow and just take my losses or shall I say Gains

Old 08-24-2013, 11:55 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Hi Calli,
Pop in here anytime, we are all here for each other. I pop over there too sometimes.
As you may have noticed I'm more of a tweaker of the QWL Plan. Whatever works.

My shake is just Whey powder with some Macro Greens in it with 3 vitamins added. Two types of calcium and one magnesium. Just water right now for the liquid. When I lose my weight I may put fruit and almond milk or whatever in it, for taste and food value.

I'm doing really good this go around with dieting. I'm planning whenever I just absolutely have to go off plan, to go off low carb and indulge in some Atkins or some other lowcarb diet. Then back to this. It can be mostly a mental thing that a person needs to go off, so try to have a good back-up plan. Then you won't feel like, oh well I blew it and just eat a mountain of food. But even if you do that, just forgive yourself and say oh well that's a refeed and back on plan again. Those refeeds are sometimes what you needed to get the weight loss staying strong.
So true on the refeed, and needing breaks from strict dieting, Iti's TIme. Good luck to you, Hey Calli same at you. I'm taking a break from meat for three days and doing an egg fast. Take care and see ya in stillman's or the M/E threads.
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

august 13,,,179
august 14,,,177
august 15,,,176
august 16,,,175
august 17,,,174
august 18,,,,173
august 19,,,,173
august 20,,,,172
august 21,,,,,OFF PLAN
august 22,,,,,OFF PLAN
august 23,,,,,OFF PLAN
august 24,,,,,OFF PLAN

august 25,,,,,174( a bit too many refeeds)

Hi Mae,,,,,nice to see you... I was thinking of joining you for the eggfast, but right now I'm just gonna get back to my original plan,,,,,I may join you later for one of those eggfast
Old 08-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #69
Junior LCF Member

Hi, It'sTime, I have a question for you (or anyone!) I LOVE the effectiveness of Stillman, but looking ahead at my calendar, it's going to be a challenge to do any more than a few days at a time without having a meal off plan. I know Dr. Stillman says "not a bite of anything else!" so do you think I should just scrap the whole idea of doing any Stillman, or can Stillman days interspersed with necessary social/business meals still have a positive impact?
Old 08-31-2013, 11:03 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

I think It's flexible Calli,,,,,by doing it in between those eating off plan days, you at least don't gain. Then when your good for a while your really dropping some pounds. I have mine tweaked for my own self and tweaking is ok with Dr. Stillman....Get the book,,,he has many diets in it beside the QWL.