Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Joyfully Losing in July!!

Happy July Everyone! Didn't see or missed it if anyone else started a thread for July. Hope you all have a terrific Holiday. Mae

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Thanks for starting the new thread Mae.

The copy of the book I was offering has been taken so I will be sending it out soon.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
Thanks for starting the new thread Mae.

The copy of the book I was offering has been taken so I will be sending it out soon.
Thank you, BC, you're welcome. M
Old 07-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: time2change
Stats: 5'2 165/hoping for 110
WOE: woe hcg rx
Start Date: oct 2013
I am in. YAY I can start at the beginning. I am noticing two things, one my ketones are only trace now and two, i just keep losing and gaining the same two pounds. What is up? Is this normal?
Old 07-02-2013, 03:48 AM   #5
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Tuesday morning! I did not sleep well last night. I received a call at 9:30 asking me if I want the church! There are still hoops to jump through but it looks like I will be moving in a few months! It sure is motivation to stay on plan!
Old 07-02-2013, 05:06 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shenue
Stats: 280/216/150
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat/Moderate Calories
Good Morning everyone. I feel I should re-introduce myself. I haven't been here in quite some time. So much going on in my life....not making excuses, just giving an explanation. The death of my brother ... my dad's death in 2010, my mom's death in 2011, my mother-in-law's death, along with a number other family members the past few years. All of that along with serious problems with both my grown children...anyway, again, not excuses, just my explainations. I am now trying once again to get back on the low carb train. I have made many many attempts, over the last few years, to get back with the program but it never lasts long. Although I am still down about 35 lbs from my highest weight, I am also still up quite a few pounds from what I had lost a number of years back.
My other problems with losing weight have to do with being handicapped. I have a neuro-muscular condition and most of my time is spent in my electric wheelchair. Because of my condition, exercise is not possible and that makes losing the weight even more difficult....along with my age, 61, which makes losing weight more difficult too.
Ok...enough with all of that stuff. I am here for a fresh start, hopefully, and an encouraging word here and there.

Highest weight 280 - 1-2007/277;6-2007 213. Fell WAY off the wagon! 3-15-2010 265;5-15 2010/260;7-8/254;7-13/252;7-24/244;3-9-2011/248;4-4-11/250;4-28-2012/233;8-30-12/228; New Start 7-2-2013/248;7-22/242;9-28/235;10-19/224;11-4 /226;11-13/220.5;1-27-2014/219;1-29/217;2-15/216
Old 07-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 234/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: April 1 2014
I went off plan on Saturday. The hubby when struggling so we went out for a burger and some ice cream. I gained 3 pounds. Then on Sunday I finished the half a burger I didn't eat and some trail mix in the evening. I did not get on the scale the next morning so I have no idea what my weight was. I was back on plan and good all day yesterday and this morning my weigh was at 216. Still up 5 pounds... I was pretty upset till I realized my breasts are a size bigger and HURT. Yay TOM.... I guess the next week will be interesting.

I am hoping I can stay on plan but no promises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Happy July Everyone! Didn't see or missed it if anyone else started a thread for July. Hope you all have a terrific Holiday. Mae
Thanks for starting the thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by time2change View Post
I am in. YAY I can start at the beginning. I am noticing two things, one my ketones are only trace now and two, i just keep losing and gaining the same two pounds. What is up? Is this normal?
How is your food intake? Sounds frustrating!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Tuesday morning! I did not sleep well last night. I received a call at 9:30 asking me if I want the church! There are still hoops to jump through but it looks like I will be moving in a few months! It sure is motivation to stay on plan!
Sweet, how exciting for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenue View Post
Good Morning everyone. I feel I should re-introduce myself. I haven't been here in quite some time. So much going on in my life....not making excuses, just giving an explanation. The death of my brother ... my dad's death in 2010, my mom's death in 2011, my mother-in-law's death, along with a number other family members the past few years. All of that along with serious problems with both my grown children...anyway, again, not excuses, just my explainations. I am now trying once again to get back on the low carb train. I have made many many attempts, over the last few years, to get back with the program but it never lasts long. Although I am still down about 35 lbs from my highest weight, I am also still up quite a few pounds from what I had lost a number of years back.
My other problems with losing weight have to do with being handicapped. I have a neuro-muscular condition and most of my time is spent in my electric wheelchair. Because of my condition, exercise is not possible and that makes losing the weight even more difficult....along with my age, 61, which makes losing weight more difficult too.
Ok...enough with all of that stuff. I am here for a fresh start, hopefully, and an encouraging word here and there.
Welcome back and congrats for a fresh start. I understand how life can throw some curve balls at you. You can do this!

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 07-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Ashley, thank you!
Old 07-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2change View Post
Maybe you just need to cut something out? Are you getting enough water? Any extra stresses of late? Getting enough fat in diet? Could be a number of things. How long has it been going on? Wish you best of luck T2C? We're here for you. MP
Old 07-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Hi Shenue! Welcome

Quote:
So glad you can join us Shenue! I'm so sorry about all your losses. I can feel for you. Lost my husband of 20 years about 4 years ago. I hope your conditions get better. Is there any chair exercises you can do. I'm not familiar with your neuro-muscular condition, but have a good friend in a wheel chair due to MS. We're here to support you. I weigh near what you do. So rooting for you. Best to you and yours. Mae
Old 07-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Good Tuesday, Mim & All

Quote:
Hey Mim! So sorry you are not sleeping well. Hot Chocolate or Celestial Sleepytime tea is good for that. Maybe you were subconciously anxious. Well I hope the move and the church works out very well for you. Happy for ya! Let us know how we can help. Best luck and Happy LCing. Mae
Old 07-03-2013, 05:32 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Happy July everyone! I hope you all are having a good week. I'm back to strict still mans/Dukan. The goal is to stick to it as close as possible and I'm hoping for no lastinute 4th plans. My besties BDay hamptons weekend is next weekend which is choc full of sugar/carb landmones so I want to stay as strict as possible in advance. I'm so tired tho and I don't know if it's bc of my lack of workouts or what.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
lmao found you! I forgot the month rolled!
Old 07-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
So glad you can join us Shenue! I'm so sorry about all your losses. I can feel for you. Lost my husband of 20 years about 4 years ago. I hope your conditions get better. Is there any chair exercises you can do. I'm not familiar with your neuro-muscular condition, but have a good friend in a wheel chair due to MS. We're here to support you. I weigh near what you do. So rooting for you. Best to you and yours. Mae
Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I so appreciate it!

Hello everyone!

I made it through my first day back on Stillman's fairly well. I did have a little bit of low carb vege when the carb cravings got strong. From my past experiences with low carb eating, it takes me several days to get past the cravings. So going to hang in with it and get past the cravings part.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: junebug
Stats: HW 180/CW 138/GW 112
WOE: Atkins72/Stillmans
Start Date: June 2011
Hi everyone - I started Stillmans today! I have been on Atkins for 2 yrs...but when I started to add carbs back in, I just couldnt stop! I have put some weight back on and need to get it OFF (I refuse to buy clothes in a larger size). Anyways, I am taking one day at a time...today I had a hard boiled egg for breakfast with black coffee...mid morning was cottage cheese...late lunch was plain chicken breast...and in a bit I am going to have some egg drop soup. I have been drinking water all day too. Does this all sound correct?
Old 07-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

BTW, my stats are out of date...my current weight has crept up to 135 (eeekkk, I was 112 last fall)...wanting to get down to at least 115 again. So 20 pounds to go!
Old 07-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug View Post
BTW, my stats are out of date...my current weight has crept up to 135 (eeekkk, I was 112 last fall)...wanting to get down to at least 115 again. So 20 pounds to go!
WELCOME Junebug, sounds good to me. We're here to help. ALso check out the Meat/Egg plan thread, it's similar to stillman's but at times more strict. Great group here and in there. MP Happy LCing
Old 07-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
lmao found you! I forgot the month rolled!
WELL we do roll around here a lot, lol. Glad you came over. Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
Happy July everyone! I hope you all are having a good week. I'm back to strict still mans/Dukan. The goal is to stick to it as close as possible and I'm hoping for no lastinute 4th plans. My besties BDay hamptons weekend is next weekend which is choc full of sugar/carb landmones so I want to stay as strict as possible in advance. I'm so tired tho and I don't know if it's bc of my lack of workouts or what.
Lady, you're gonna do good, Rooting for ya!! Hey try easy walking that does help. Mae

Quote:
Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I so appreciate it!

Hello everyone!

I made it through my first day back on Stillman's fairly well. I did have a little bit of low carb vege when the carb cravings got strong. From my past experiences with low carb eating, it takes me several days to get past the cravings. So going to hang in with it and get past the cravings part.
Go you Shenue! You can do it>Believe in ya. MP

Probably won't post again before weekend, have coming coming over for the next couple of days, but still LCing. Mae
Old 07-04-2013, 03:42 AM   #19
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Thursday morning! Today I'm declaring my independence from being fat!

The grandgirls and I are going to a parade this morning if we don't get rained out. They will be very bummed if it rains. That is all I've got going on today.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:22 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Good morning and Happy 4th! I hope everyone is doing well today!
Well, yesterday, I blew it. I did good all day until hubby walked in from work and had stopped and gotten subs for dinner. I am so po'd at myself for eating it. I was feeling good about myself and sticking to the diet, trying to get past the first few days of carb cravings, and what do I do???...I eat a sub for dinner last night. Grrrrr, very unhapy with myself this morning. Getting right back on Stillman's though.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well, yesterday, I blew it. I did good all day until hubby walked in from work and had stopped and gotten subs for dinner. I am so po'd at myself for eating it. I was feeling good about myself and sticking to the diet, trying to get past the first few days of carb cravings, and what do I do???...I eat a sub for dinner last night. Grrrrr, very unhapy with myself this morning. Getting right back on Stillman's though.
Don't fret just get back in on track
Old 07-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Happy 4th all! xo
Old 07-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Happy 4th everyone! I didnt cheat at all yesterday (my day 1) and today i am super proud of myself...I was at a cook out and i had a plain burger dipped in mustard, and a hot dog dipped in mustard, and unsweetened iced tea...THATS IT! I pass over the potato salad, baked beans, and desserts...this is MAJOR Happy dance!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Don't be so tough on yourself. It does take time to get back in the swing of things hon. Just go with it tomorrow and tell hubby thank you but next time try a salad from there . lol. You'll be fine.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug View Post
Happy 4th everyone! I didnt cheat at all yesterday (my day 1) and today i am super proud of myself...I was at a cook out and i had a plain burger dipped in mustard, and a hot dog dipped in mustard, and unsweetened iced tea...THATS IT! I pass over the potato salad, baked beans, and desserts...this is MAJOR Happy dance!
Good for you. Hard that, I know. My fav is bbq ribs, but said no. Hope you and everyone else had a good 4th. Still chillin here. MP
Old 07-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good Thursday morning! Today I'm declaring my independence from being fat!

The grandgirls and I are going to a parade this morning if we don't get rained out. They will be very bummed if it rains. That is all I've got going on today.
I like your independence girl! You do that, rock on. Bet those are nice grangirls. Have fun at the parade and hope it didn't rain. We stayed indoors it finally rained this eve. Have a great day. PS I have grankitties.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone. Krissakris and maepowers thank you both for the words of encouragement! I got right back on the wagon and I am actually down a couple pounds from Tuesday at my re-start weight of 245. Scale said 243 this morning. It is so difficult right now as I struggle to get past the initial carb craving days. Trying to hang in there though.

I hope everyone had a very nice 4th yesterday!
Old 07-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Junebug...good for you! Not easy to pass on those foods.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #29
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: toeie
Stats: 198/196/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/14
Howdy! I recently came across this diet and became very intriguied. I just had a few questions before I decide to try this....

I am type 2 diabetic.... Is this ok for a diabetic? I'm on metformin and lisinopril.

I recently decided to go on atkins again, to get rid of this weight that is literally making me sick. Carbs shoot up my bg, even good ones like fruits and milk so why eat them right? My triglycerides were high, at 355 last blood work, and hdl was low.

The month of may into June I tried the dash diet because I felt it was pretty balanced but after 28 days and little results (about 3-5lbs) I switched to atkins induction because it worked in the past (When i was 250lbs) and I saw decent results. After 2wks and no cheats I feel like this weight is lead and is never leaving (loss of a fluctuating 1-2lbs)

Stillmans seems easy to follow although I think I would miss the veggies. I feel it might be the answer I'm looking for to jump start this lead weight! However, is it safe to maybe stop induction this weekend and go right into stillmans on Monday? And, is it a safe diet? I just don't want to mess up my body lol!

Has stillmans for a few weeks and then back to the fat of atkins induction worked for anyone? I am really looking to lower my triglycerides and control by blood sugar. I don't want this diet swapping to hurt my body so I am a little concerned on top of that, does stopping stillmans and eating veg again make u regain the lbs, similar to stopping LC and eating carbs again makes u gain it back?

Lastly, does anyone have some sample stillmans menus to share?

Thanks so much for your help and wisdom!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
woohoo! Hello new friends, best of loss to you!

{{{{{{Mae}}}}}

had dogs n mustard, too! With jalapenos! mmmmmmmmmm

hey, toeie, I go back n forth occasionally, but I'm close to goal so I'm not as hardcore anymore.......

WTG June, I would have caved on beans and potato salad......

WHOA Shen, that's some cute beaux in your avatar!!!!!!!

Last edited by CCGirl; 07-05-2013 at 02:30 PM..
Closed Thread