Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 05:20 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deborahlh
Stats: 191/191/150
WOE: IF
Start Date: July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
yeppers, I'm mostly QWL with added fat when I want to. I love it. Veggies when I want. Meatloaf cold slathered in mayo. Cheese when I want (which is a LOT). Two percent milk. Half and half. Fettucine (Dreamfields) alfredo when I want.

Honestly, once you get off the carbs and realize how grain is ABSOLUTELY not part of the human diet and causes disease you don't want it back.

It never tastes the same, the euphoria is gone. Had a grilled cheese awhile back, meh. Not worth it. A brownie (I make them SF and locarb), maybe a half inch square and done. No thrill. Potato salad? Tastes funky, no thanks.

Give me wings, fried chicken. A steak now and then. Cole slaw. Mozzerella sticks. Onion rings on occasion. Clam chowdah (I pick out the potatoes). Shrimp bisque. Every once in awhile i will tear off a postage stamp sized clump of bread and lather a teaspoon of buttah on it and eat it. Salami. Greek salads. Sausage and eggs (the salt kills me but I love it, I do the turkey sausage.) Bologna and cheese lathered with mayo wrapped in a romaine leaf. BLT wrapped in romaine, yum. Taco salad, made at home with no tortilla basket, I use ground turkey.

The sad thing is my stepsister and stepmom are both obese. I gave them all the tools of QWL, the books, websites, etc. My stepmom actually got down to a size ten six years ago. My stepsis has kids that are gluten intolerant, PERFECT scenario to get the fam LC. And yet they remain obese. They can't get off the bread, sugar and cereal. Diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, plantar fasciatis headed to them soon, stepmom already there. When I visit them and have lunchmeat with no bread they always comment 'Still with the no bread?' And when she offered to lend me a bathing suit and I told her I was an 8 or 6 size, she froze and then said 'Well I guess I can't loan you one of mine.' If she's a size 14 that would be me being kind.

When I asked my stepmom about regaining she said 'I know how to lose it, I just can't maintain it.'

That's the key. You can't EVER go back, EVER. It's LC for life. Once you go back to carbs you're DONE.
AMAZING! Our stats are quite similar....how long did it take you to reach goal? And were you strict QWL during the weight loss phase? Sorry to be nosy but I am in awe!

day 3 starting out good....days are always easier for me than evening/nighttime.
have a good one all!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Deb, I started in April of 2010 and got to my weight by the fall.

I was strict, only one egg yolk per three egg omelet, and I walked /jogged two miles every mornning five days a week. By Christmas I was a size eight. The weight redistributes for the following six months and I dropped another size weighing the same.
I'm still selling my fat clothes on ebay.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Prior to finding QWL I had read Skinny Beeotch and went vegetarian for three years. Besides gaining weight (all those rice cakes and beans add up quick) my hair went grey, my gums receded and I got more cavities then I had ever had in my life, and went into menopause early.

After a year of QWL/Paleo, my grey hair fell out and grew back blonde, my gums grew back, and I haven't had a cavity in three years. And my nails are nice and strong.

After two years I briefly had TOM come back, but they stopped a year later. I guess the damage was done.

Last edited by CCGirl; 07-25-2013 at 05:29 PM..
Old 07-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Deb, I started in April of 2010 and got to my weight by the fall.

I was strict, only one egg yolk per three egg omelet, and I walked /jogged two miles every mornning five days a week. By Christmas I was a size eight. The weight redistributes for the following six months and I dropped another size weighing the same.
I'm still selling my fat clothes on ebay.
Good for you CCG and sorry you had so much trouble you went through during your journey. Hope all is better now. You're an inspiration. Mae

HI to Deb and all others. Good luck with your woe's and have a grand up-coming weekend. Mae
Old 07-26-2013, 04:11 AM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks, Mae, if I can keep one person from ruining thier health by going vegan I will be happy.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deborahlh
Stats: 191/191/150
WOE: IF
Start Date: July 2014
HI all!

Hope you are having a good day...I am getting into this WOE! Surprisingly I love the simplicity. I thought I would freak out, but not so far. When doing Atkins I always found some way to make a lc dessert or "treat" and it became a big problem. Now with several things ready in the fridge (shrimp, boiled eggs, chicken, etc) I just grab something and forget about it. I do have some sugarfree jello around for any serious cravings.
I am down 5lbs as of this morning! Pretty sure its water but I don't even care...still happy.

I tried to do the vegan thing a while back and the carbs were just too much. All I wanted to do was EAT. I was starving ALL the time. It didn't help that my husband is an avid hunter and he was borderline offended and totally didn't get it at all. Now paleo he totally gets behind and my goal is to have us all eating really clean paleo before long.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG DEB!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #158
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Collegegal
Stats: 180/165/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: July 23rd
Hey everyone!

I'm new here and I was wondering how much fat is too much seeing stillman's is supposed to be low fat? I know it's supposed to be low calorie as well so is roughly 900 enough or is that too low?
Old 07-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

WElcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegegal View Post
Hey everyone!

I'm new here and I was wondering how much fat is too much seeing stillman's is supposed to be low fat? I know it's supposed to be low calorie as well so is roughly 900 enough or is that too low?
Welcome, Collegegal. Have your read the info on Stillman's at the top of the Stillman forum thread? It helps if you don't have the book. A strict Stillman's is all lean meats, no fats pretty much. If you are not use to something like that, I'd add in a little fat. Going by labels on a product helps. However, read some of the prior threads and you'll see that people will tweak it for their needs, like any other diet program out there. Unless you are doing carb/calorie cycling something like Judd/upday downday, going lower than 1000 isn't advidsed. Some people like the lower calories to help them lose weight. Or might do 12-1600. Read what you can on your WOE of choice then start in on it slow and precise, some exercise (I'm no doctor, so always consult with one if you can or prefer).
This is a good group, like most on this forum; lots of friendly advice.
Take care and good luck. Mae
Old 07-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #160
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Collegegal
Stats: 180/165/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: July 23rd
I have read the sticky at the top of the page. Regarding fats I'm referring more to meats that have 13 grams of fat. Typically I average 40-44 grams of fat and 116 of protein. Those are from chicken burgers and turkey burgers mainly. I'm just trying to decide if I need to rework what I'm eating or if it is actually fine.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kitty_el
WOE: JUDDD - EOD/STILLMANS :)
Start Date: June 2013
Hey everyone, I am starting Stillmans as of tomorrow - so just made it into the July thread

I have been doing JUDDD for the past few weeks - with strict rotations & completely fasting on my down days, however, I am not losing quick enough.

I want to lose around 10lbs in 3 weeks!!

I have tried Atkins before and have had success but have never tried Stillman's - do you find that generally you lose quicker than atkins induction?
Old 07-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Mae I will be stalking you more often in the m/e board lol. I went a little carb crazy this weekend had a big BBQ yesterday but I did so much work prepping/cleaning up I got a good workout too. I'm hoping I can get back to super strict an drop 10-12lbs in the next four weeks.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty_el View Post
Hey everyone, I am starting Stillmans as of tomorrow - so just made it into the July thread

I have been doing JUDDD for the past few weeks - with strict rotations & completely fasting on my down days, however, I am not losing quick enough.

I have tried Atkins before and have had success but have never tried Stillman's - do you find that generally you lose quicker than atkins induction?
I found that I did better w still mans over Atkins only bc I leaned heavy on the fatty stuff. I'd get crazy w cheese heavy cream and bacon. Still mans is so boring you can't really overeat. It helps keep the calories down and teach you real hunger versus a desire to eat.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Good for you CCGirl! I am envious. My weight is up and down but that is probably b/c I don't stick with things.

But I have been doing a walk/run twice a day. The distance is 3.5 to 4 miles. (4 if I go through Hastings Park) The weather has been gorgeous so it has been great. Now, if I stick with it through the rotten weather I will be doing fine.

I switched to lc and low GI. My weight loss has been slow but hopefully now it will pick up. I did a modified version today of the workout Jessica Simpson used to get into shape to play Daisy Duke.

I haven't been commenting but I have read a bit. Been working hard to get my latest novel finished then I can work on my motivational book. Lots of work!

Miss you guys.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone, Happy Sunday Eve

Quote:

KITTY: 3 weeks is doable. Sounds like you got it together, Read the other thread too. We're here to help. Tweak Stillman's to your needs. I'd read the M/E thread too, it's similar to Stillman's, but a little different. Do add a slight bit of fat, it satiates and you can cut down as needed. Take it easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
Mae I will be stalking you more often in the m/e board lol. I went a little carb crazy this weekend had a big BBQ yesterday but I did so much work prepping/cleaning up I got a good workout too. I'm hoping I can get back to super strict an drop 10-12lbs in the next four weeks.
KRIS: You better keep stalking me. LOL. Yumo on BBQ. I had a little too much carbs today myself, but back on the wagon tomorrow, more strict too. I want to be under 200 by first week of Octobor. I'll make it, only 40 lbs to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
Good for you CCGirl! I am envious. My weight is up and down but that is probably b/c I don't stick with things.

But I have been doing a walk/run twice a day. The distance is 3.5 to 4 miles. (4 if I go through Hastings Park) The weather has been gorgeous so it has been great. Now, if I stick with it through the rotten weather I will be doing fine.

I switched to lc and low GI. My weight loss has been slow but hopefully now it will pick up. I did a modified version today of the workout Jessica Simpson used to get into shape to play Daisy Duke.

I haven't been commenting but I have read a bit. Been working hard to get my latest novel finished then I can work on my motivational book. Lots of work!
BCG: Missed ya doll! Glad you are working on your writing. Same here! Though not as faithfully as you, I thunk. lol. Glad you've checked in and kept up. Good with the walking and LCing. Rooting for ya! I replied to your message.

HI Deb, CCG, Collegegal, and Everyone Else! Happy LCing, Stillman's, M/E ing, or whatever WOE you do, good luck and happy losing! Mae

We miss you too, BC.

Last edited by maepowers; 07-28-2013 at 05:14 PM..
Old 07-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Miss you guys.

Ohh please share the workout lol. I've been so lazy w my workouts lately, but I have a similar apple shape that js has so I'd be interested in trying. Thanks
Old 07-29-2013, 02:11 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=maepowers;16534803]KITTY: 3 weeks is doable. Sounds like you got it together, Read the other thread too. We're here to help. Tweak Stillman's to your needs. I'd read the M/E thread too, it's similar to Stillman's, but a little different. Do add a slight bit of fat, it satiates and you can cut down as needed. Take it easy.

Thanks for the reply mae - I am feeling really confident about sticking with the plan for 3 weeks. I did try m&e before moving onto JUDDD but found the high fat content hard to stomach so hoping I will feel better with this WOE.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
Ohh please share the workout lol. I've been so lazy w my workouts lately, but I have a similar apple shape that js has so I'd be interested in trying. Thanks
Just do a search for Jessica Simpson Daisy Duke workout and it should come up! That's how I found it.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Advice anyone - Do you think this is acceptable on Stillman's, I know its not on the list but I need something to make my chicken more palatable. I would only use a tiny amount as a dipping sauce.

Thank you
Old 07-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Actually I am not sure if you will be able to see that link - it is from a UK supermarket (ASDA) its the Nando's Garlic Peri Peri sauce - nutritional info =

Per Serving / Per 100 g

Energy 3 kCal / 59 kCal
Protein 0.0 g / 0.5 g
Carb 0.3 g / 6.6 g

Thank you again

Last edited by kitty_el; 07-29-2013 at 09:23 AM..
Old 07-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Hey guys! Long time no talk!

I have been staying close to goal but I would like to lose another 5 and I know stills is the way to go so I am here for the week to get these pesky 5 lbs off!
Old 07-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

I have lost 10.6 pounds in six weeks - not great I know but if I keep like that, I will be at my goal early 2014. I have had to take a couple of days off from running/walking b/c of knee problems which went away by the way. Yesterday, I did a modified version of the Daisy Duke workout and my legs are a bit sore today. I did my running/walking this morning though.

We just keep trucking along, that's all we can do.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #173
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pleth
Stats: 243/233.6/135
WOE: Stillman's - first time
Start Date: July 11, 2013
Hello everyone!

I'm only down one pound for this past week, primarily because of my poor handling of stress. We're getting ready to move from Alaska to CO, by car, and on top of it all this summer has been hot. So I had some ice cream, some bread... But it's because of Stillman's that I'm down one pound and not up many. So I'm actually happy to be down one pound, and I'm keeping on. Last two days were good, my goal is to do strict Stillman's up until we hit the road (hopefully Aug 7). At that point I'm just going to manage life and eating the best I can until we arrive in CO with our pets and belongings.

I was 243.x when I started Stillman's on July 11, and today I'm 233.6 Since before finding this Stillman's forum I was constantly going up, up, up. My heart is full of gratitude for all of you who share here. Thank you so very much.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Have a safe move Pleth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleth View Post
Hello everyone!

I'm only down one pound for this past week, primarily because of my poor handling of stress. We're getting ready to move from Alaska to CO, by car, and on top of it all this summer has been hot. So I had some ice cream, some bread... But it's because of Stillman's that I'm down one pound and not up many. So I'm actually happy to be down one pound, and I'm keeping on. Last two days were good, my goal is to do strict Stillman's up until we hit the road (hopefully Aug 7). At that point I'm just going to manage life and eating the best I can until we arrive in CO with our pets and belongings.

I was 243.x when I started Stillman's on July 11, and today I'm 233.6 Since before finding this Stillman's forum I was constantly going up, up, up. My heart is full of gratitude for all of you who share here. Thank you so very much.
Hey that's good on the weightloss, considering you were under stress I hope it lessens and the move is easy. I feel for ya! I'm sure everyone here can too if they've had a long haul. Just do the best you can and once you are settled into your new place, you'll get back into the swing of things. Best to you, you'll be in our thoughts. Mae
Old 07-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have lost 10.6 pounds in six weeks - not great I know but if I keep like that, I will be at my goal early 2014. I have had to take a couple of days off from running/walking b/c of knee problems which went away by the way. Yesterday, I did a modified version of the Daisy Duke workout and my legs are a bit sore today. I did my running/walking this morning though.

We just keep trucking along, that's all we can do.
HEY BCG! Ten pounds is still great and you haven't added it back. I understand about bad knees so don't pound too hard. You're doing great, take off as you need to, listen to your body; get those twitches and hurts stopped before you go too far. Stretching after the walk/run helps. I might look at the Daisy Duke work out myself. I see KrisKris taking some of that bling-a-bling. LOL>
Old 07-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Hey guys! Long time no talk!

I have been staying close to goal but I would like to lose another 5 and I know stills is the way to go so I am here for the week to get these pesky 5 lbs off!
Hey mar922, long time no hear from, but glad you came back . Good luck on that 5 pounds, you can do it. Take care and happy losing. Mae
Old 07-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Actually I am not sure if you will be able to see that link - it is from a UK supermarket (ASDA) its the Nando's Garlic Peri Peri sauce - nutritional info =

Per Serving / Per 100 g

Energy 3 kCal / 59 kCal
Protein 0.0 g / 0.5 g
Carb 0.3 g / 6.6 g

Thank you again
Kitty, I don't see why not. You sometimes need a little something with Stillman's or even M/E. I went down from say, for example, 1 Tablespoon of Mayo to 1 teaspoon. I find it is satisfying enough to top an egg or two or a piece of dry chicken. Same with butter. The flavor and the small amount of fat is worth it. Occasionally I use more like in Tuna salad, but not a lot, enough to satiate and enjoy the flavor. Hope that helps. Mae
Old 07-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

[quote=kitty_el;16535082]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
KITTY: 3 weeks is doable. Sounds like you got it together, Read the other thread too. We're here to help. Tweak Stillman's to your needs. I'd read the M/E thread too, it's similar to Stillman's, but a little different. Do add a slight bit of fat, it satiates and you can cut down as needed. Take it easy.

Thanks for the reply mae - I am feeling really confident about sticking with the plan for 3 weeks. I did try m&e before moving onto JUDDD but found the high fat content hard to stomach so hoping I will feel better with this WOE.
Hey, Kitty, you're welcome.
HI to KrisKris and all too.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi newbies and welcome back bc and mar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wondering what to do with chik thighs....
Old 07-29-2013, 07:29 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
hi newbies and welcome back bc and mar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wondering what to do with chik thighs....
Slow cooker chicken tacos?
Closed Thread