Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TheNewJFR
Stats: 203/195/145
WOE: Ketogenic Diet
Start Date: 7/1/2013
Wow! What a list. My son is 24, and has had ADD for as long as he has been around. He is doing a LC diet now, and he says his symptoms are so much less, and I think that is wonderful!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug View Post
BTW, my stats are out of date...my current weight has crept up to 135 (eeekkk, I was 112 last fall)...wanting to get down to at least 115 again. So 20 pounds to go!
Hi junebug! I have the exact same stats as you! I am having a hard time getting to 115. I got down to 125 and that's as far as I could go! For some reason my body won't let me rid the last ten lbs. it's so aggravating!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pleth
Stats: 243/233.6/135
WOE: Stillman's - first time
Start Date: July 11, 2013
TheNewJFR - That is so cool that your son's symptoms are less!

I think the heartburn was being caused by someting I was taking because with it I don't crave sugar. I forgot it yesterday morning and didn't have any heartburn until after I took it. So today I didn't take it at all. No heartburn, but every so often I'd suddenly be thinking about eating some chocolate, or chips, or or or or...

We went to town today to get groceries so there were lots of temptations. Every other day I've been just fine and it would have been nothing to wait until 7 to eat so I didn't think it was necessary to take food with me, but I got hungry and ended up eating some nuts that had too much fat, and a spring roll-up of vegetables and avocado (with no sauce!). Those were the lesser evils of what was available, so I actually feel pretty good about it. My husband was sitting next to me in the car eating chocolate.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #94
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleth View Post
I think the heartburn was being caused by someting I was taking because with it I don't crave sugar. I forgot it yesterday morning and didn't have any heartburn until after I took it.
We went to town today to get groceries so there were lots of temptations. My husband was sitting next to me in the car eating chocolate.
I am glad you found a reason for your heartburn!! You must feel so much better, Pleth!!

Aren't husbands always that way! Mine has a HUGE tub of pretzels, and he grabs 5 of them for snacks at night. He is following a higher carb plan, so I REALLY try to stay out of his way, lol!!
Old 07-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
I splurged bad this weekend and I feel like a bloated mess. I had a great time tho and I dot exactly regret it lol. I do like being back on track though. I find I eat so much less when I'm at work. My period is late (no babies lol) and its driving me crazy. I like to get it over and done w. is anyone else dealing w this heat wave??
Old 07-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Yes, you will still lose! And it will help get you to the point where you can start cutting back the fats and lose even faster. Use mayo sparingly - just enough to hold the tuna or egg salad together. Remember, this is just to get you going until you can switch back to low fat, low carb!
Chicken thighs are awesome and not much more fat and cals than breasts but a lot more flavor. I love to bake them, poach or put 6plus in a crockpot w seasoning and let the meat fall off.

I would buy tons of meat and just change it up. When you get bored switch to something else. Ground turkey, beef, pork chops chicken fish.

Try farmers cheese in tuna or chicken breasts.

You can do this! I agree if lc is too hard at first just try low carb and slowly eliminate. I started in January just low carbing and working out but by the end of April I was ready to take it up a notch and has fast weight loss. Don't get too caught up in losing fast though. Progress over peefection
Old 07-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Thx

Quote:
CCGIRL, Thank you for your reply, and the link to the The Naive Vegetarian. I can tell it's the kind of info that will help me stay strong when the cravings hit. Thank you All for the "welcomes".

We've been gluten free for 10 years now. The first five were 100% (we had two young children with severe reactions so it was easy to do), now we occasionally have a pizza with gluten crust, maybe three times/year. The only grain we eat is the occasional rice. And we've been enjoying the good fats since before my first was born, fats being so important to the developing brain - and that was 18 years ago! BUT... I had major sugar addiction for all those years. I'd give it up for awhile just to start up again. Ugh. Oh! We also raised our own meat for many years! That will spoil a person, the stuff for sale in the store isn't anywhere near as good. (We raised pigs, chickens, ducks, geese, and turkey. Never did do cows.)

And since being super sick, my body just stores energy as fat like a pro. I have been sugar free and watched my calories, eaten the same as my 18 yo daughter, and while she consistently lost .6 per day, every day, my body was like, "Nope, we're hanging onto this fat, you might need it at some point."

So Stillman's would be different for me in that it would be lower calories, no carb (I've not tried zero carbs before) and no fat (I've always in the past continued eating some healthy fats as part of my diet).

Sorry I'm going on so much. I really want to talk with someone who understands. I keep this cheery happy attitude with my husband and kids, but inside, not being able to lose weight and looking at a future of being this size if not larger is... so upsetting.

But back to the point - When I wondered how long one goes on Stillman's without a break, I was thinking about fats. Do any of you do strict Stillman's for awhile, then have some healthy fats, then back to strict Stillman's? (Right, just reread, saw the encouragement to make it work for me. Still, if anyone has personal experience to speak of, I'd love to read it.)

I started this morning... Not telling my husband or kids... Though of course they'll notice eventually.

Krissakirs - I'm amazed by your squat challenge, and your size 8 capri post made me smile. Your posts really brightened my morning. You probably had no idea you were spreading joy as far away as you did.
Thanks so much! I meant to reply to this when you first posted but last week was insane. I really appreciate your kind words and glad my sharing can help. I'm still amazed I completed the challenge and I kind of miss it. My coworker and I are looking for something else to do.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:02 AM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hey y'all, just a quick drive bye-SUGAR gives me wicked heartburn, even the tiniest amounts found in salad dressing!

Keep on keepin' on!
Old 07-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewJFR View Post
WOO HOO on the loss, maepowers!! Great job!

I had a decent night. Went to spin class...pretty intense, and ended the night with a filet I do SO love LCing!
Thanks TNJ! Glad you had a good night, good luck!
Old 07-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
hey y'all, just a quick drive bye-SUGAR gives me wicked heartburn, even the tiniest amounts found in salad dressing!

Keep on keepin' on!
Waving hi as you drive by. Speed on pass the sugar. Have a great day, CCG.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

You all are a bunch of wonderful people

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
I splurged bad this weekend and I feel like a bloated mess. I had a great time tho and I dot exactly regret it lol. I do like being back on track though. I find I eat so much less when I'm at work. My period is late (no babies lol) and its driving me crazy. I like to get it over and done w. is anyone else dealing w this heat wave??
You'll get up and do better, Kris. Hot & Humid here, most the time. Got some rain the last few days, which we needed, so humidity, but not mugginess, down a bit.

Hi to all of you, Mim, TNJ, CCG, Pleth, Skittles, Nermo, Wisteria, and anyone else who I didn't mention, not forgotten. Hope your week is going great.
Wednesdays are my usual weigh in day, so have gone down to 243, posted the other day, just to see. So a total of almost 7 pounds for this week. Dropped what I gained over the holiday and then some. So that's a good start. Hoping to be under 230 by end of July, first week of August at the latest. We'll see. Working on a carb cycling plan for myself. Happy LCing and losing everyone. Hugs. Mae
Old 07-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

{{{{{{{Mae}}}}}}}} you are so cool!

congrats on the loss, good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh, seriously, it was 93 and humid AGAIN today, I think the Almighty is secretly prepping us for the move to FL.........

can't even think of what to eat, I've been living on Gatorade and cottage cheese.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #103
Junior LCF Member

Mae, nearly 7 pounds is super awesome! Way to go!

I gave in to carbs the past two days. Three including today. I did good the whole day, just to cave and have some ice cream tonight. It didn't taste that good to me so I stopped eating it, but I probably had enough carbs and right before bed (horror oh horror) that I will be up tomorrow.

On the happy side, I have experienced near zero carb eating and how good I feel on it, so that experience is there luring me back to the healthy side.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #104
Junior LCF Member

I was down! I consider that a miracle and am thrilled for the gift, and going strong today on the zero carb path.

Saw a doctor yesterday for what she thinks is diverticulitis (and she gave me a scary prescription, I mean, this thing comes with so many warnings for scary things I haven't taken it yet, but anyhow...) and the doc said, "Eat a bland diet."

"So... lean beef and some cottage cheese?" I asked

With an incredulous look on her face she said, "No. Like soup, bread, and crackers."

At the same time that I said, "I'm not eating bread and crackers!" my husband said, "We don't eat gluten."

I asked if chicken with broccoli would count as bland, and she countered with, "Bananas, fruit, but no reductions of fruit."

That was just the start. We never did come to an understanding of what she meant by bland, except that soup, bread, crackers and fruit would work. So far today I've had some bland chicken.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

three M+E days in a row, and I'm feeling really good again. I was bloated and depressed for no real reason and almost indulged in pita chips that were lingering around...I tossed them right in the garbage and had meat and cheese...i'm so glad i got OUT of my head, ate something on plan even though i wasn't really hungry, and i'm so grateful i felt less bloated today. work has been crazy the past few weeks since the holiday, but i'm so glad it's summer...the sun makes me happy, even tho it was even too hot for me. I walked a mile to get lunch today, and i'm still full

i hope you all are having an excellent thursday xoxo
Old 07-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #106
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Chicken thighs are awesome and not much more fat and cals than breasts but a lot more flavor. I love to bake them, poach or put 6plus in a crockpot w seasoning and let the meat fall off.
I am going to do this over the weekend! Sounds delicious, krissakris!

Happy weekend to all!! Stay cool.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
how come everyone eat so low in food 1egg breakfast, thats unfilling to me.

i today trying to add no fat and go stillman, with 2lbs -3lbs to drop.. well 3days ago was there so could be water weight.. hmm...bwell today had few tomatoes cherry, but no fats added

so far 3 chik breasts, 4eggs, and lowfat mozz 6pcs
under 1500 but not sure if my appetite norm of later meal
but not sure how everyone can eat light.. i have a huge appetite and doesn't stillman say unlimited towards protein?
Old 07-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
or am i going to fail with not counting?

ty
Old 07-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pleth, eggs are bland. What she means is no spicy.

Natosha, at first you will be hungry as you detox off of carbs. After you adjust you eat whenever you are hungry, which will be less as you progress. Do NOT count calories, they are pointless.

Krissa, nice work tossing the chips, you rock!
Old 07-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
{{{{{{{Mae}}}}}}}} you are so cool!

congrats on the loss, good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh, seriously, it was 93 and humid AGAIN today, I think the Almighty is secretly prepping us for the move to FL.........

can't even think of what to eat, I've been living on Gatorade and cottage cheese.
TY very much CCG! ARen't I though. lol. Maybe She is preppin you. Grins. What a menu, you're so sporty. Need some help, let me know. I'm going to do a 10 day self challenge myself, carb cycling starting Sunday (saturday's bday so having a few goodies, all LC though and yummy, hamburger on oopsie roll, beef tips with soya sauce and sauteed onions, some pork rinds. Oopsie french toast.) and my daugher is making it for me. Kids are taking me to see Pacific rim tomorrow then gonna laze around and play on computer rest of day. My kinda fun.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Mae, nearly 7 pounds is super awesome! Way to go!

I gave in to carbs the past two days. Three including today. I did good the whole day, just to cave and have some ice cream tonight. It didn't taste that good to me so I stopped eating it, but I probably had enough carbs and right before bed (horror oh horror) that I will be up tomorrow.

On the happy side, I have experienced near zero carb eating and how good I feel on it, so that experience is there luring me back to the healthy side.
TY, PLeth. Hey you're gonna do better. We all have our cave=in days. Had mine yesterday, so now gonna just get up and back on the LC wagon. I'm rooting for ya!
Old 07-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
three M+E days in a row, and I'm feeling really good again. I was bloated and depressed for no real reason and almost indulged in pita chips that were lingering around...I tossed them right in the garbage and had meat and cheese...i'm so glad i got OUT of my head, ate something on plan even though i wasn't really hungry, and i'm so grateful i felt less bloated today. work has been crazy the past few weeks since the holiday, but i'm so glad it's summer...the sun makes me happy, even tho it was even too hot for me. I walked a mile to get lunch today, and i'm still full

i hope you all are having an excellent thursday xoxo
Good for you Kris! Glad you are less bloated. Well you're hot and happy, just think that! Hey if the meal was worth it, so was the walk. Keep up the great work you stalker you...er walker you. lol
Old 07-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
how come everyone eat so low in food 1egg breakfast, thats unfilling to me.

i today trying to add no fat and go stillman, with 2lbs -3lbs to drop.. well 3days ago was there so could be water weight.. hmm...bwell today had few tomatoes cherry, but no fats added

so far 3 chik breasts, 4eggs, and lowfat mozz 6pcs
under 1500 but not sure if my appetite norm of later meal
but not sure how everyone can eat light.. i have a huge appetite and doesn't stillman say unlimited towards protein?
Yes it does, Tosha. Don't you get down now, you have a great menu there. We're rooting for you and you will not fail. Here for ya!!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Tasty Thighs

Quote:
I am going to do this over the weekend! Sounds delicious, krissakris!

Happy weekend to all!! Stay cool.
Hi TNJ.
Thighs can be good for a change instead of Breasts, which are my fav. However for you and Kris, here's a thigh tasty recipe.

Take whatever thighs you want, trim excess fat, leave some (hard not to). Rinse off or spray/coat with easy butter. Put black pepper, cumin, chili powder and onion powder on each side, optional sprinkle of sea or kosher salt, and or cinnamon. yes you heard right. The chili powder and cinnamon give it a tex-mex flavor without over powering it. Baste it in it's own juices, keep covered so it will not dry out. Bake these on slow heat, 300, for about an hour and a half, turn halfway inbetween. The aroma and taste is to die for.
Hope you enjoy. You can add whatever other spices you want, but those few above will just make these thighs taste wonderfully scrumptuous!
Old 07-21-2013, 05:57 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Hi TNJ.
Thighs can be good for a change instead of Breasts, which are my fav. However for you and Kris, here's a thigh tasty recipe.

Take whatever thighs you want, trim excess fat, leave some (hard not to). Rinse off or spray/coat with easy butter. Put black pepper, cumin, chili powder and onion powder on each side, optional sprinkle of sea or kosher salt, and or cinnamon. yes you heard right. The chili powder and cinnamon give it a tex-mex flavor without over powering it. Baste it in it's own juices, keep covered so it will not dry out. Bake these on slow heat, 300, for about an hour and a half, turn halfway inbetween. The aroma and taste is to die for.
Hope you enjoy. You can add whatever other spices you want, but those few above will just make these thighs taste wonderfully scrumptuous!
I'm excited to try this! I will run and get thighs now to make for the week. Finishing up my meat and eggs today then back to Dukan tomorrow
Old 07-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #116
Junior LCF Member

Buttermilk Thighs

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Hi TNJ.

I have followed this mostly, but soaked the thighs (and 6 breasts) in cultured buttermilk overnight. FANTASTIC!!!

Sooo Good. I think the buttermilk breaks things down enough so even breasts are ridiculously tender.

Tasty spices! Great idea combined!!
Old 07-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG buttermilk mmmmmmmmmmm

The humidity is gone so I am cooking up a storm, brownies for DH, barbecue sauce (we're out), pork loin. Dunno what to do with ground turkey yet

hope y'all had a great weekend!
Old 07-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have followed this mostly, but soaked the thighs (and 6 breasts) in cultured buttermilk overnight. FANTASTIC!!!

Sooo Good. I think the buttermilk breaks things down enough so even breasts are ridiculously tender.

Tasty spices! Great idea combined!!
ummm now i want to run out and buy buttermilk! i've never used it before, interesting
Old 07-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #119
Junior LCF Member

The thighs were a hit! I just ate a small one, and YUM!! I will dice up the meat...or shred it tomorrow. This is the makings of some awesome lunches this week!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:36 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
The thighs were a hit! I just ate a small one, and YUM!! I will dice up the meat...or shred it tomorrow. This is the makings of some awesome lunches this week!
Good idea on the buttermilk! My mom use to do that on breasts and thighs or drumsticks; added chives and chili powder for an awesome dinner. Yeps, shred the meat for all kinds of recipes. BTY the chives and butter milk are great on turkey patties or a little mixed in. Try it in a mixture of ground turkey and hamburger. If you do not have buttermilk, just mix a cup of milk or cream with a Tablespoon of lemon juice, let it sit for an hour and you have buttermilk. I do this more than just buying buttermilk and it is an awesome flavor in meats, biscuits, sauces, etc. Oh try making meat patties with the leftover shredded chicken.

Have a great day all. Mae
Closed Thread