Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleth View Post
Ack! First attempt at posting disappeared due to user incompetence.

Hi, I'm Pleth. I have questions I'm hoping you all won't mind answering. I'm at least one hundred pounds over weight. I was 241.6 yesterday. I'm 5' 5". My body has been in fat storage mode ever since I got really sick for over a year. Then my gall bladder was taken out and I could eat again, and whoa! I put on a pound a day! Since I was about 173 at the time, that wasn't good!!!

I'm hoping Stillman's is the answer, and yet afraid it won't work.

I don't have the book, I just know what I've read in the posts at the top of the page. I would do the quick weight loss diet, right? Are there any guidelines, like should a person only do it for so many days and then take a break? Have any of you been over a hundred pounds over weight and lost it with Stillman's? Is it okay to take fiber during it?

Thank you.
Hi Pleth and Everyone else. Welcome Pleth. Yeps over 100 lbs to go here. Gained from the holiday, back up to 250 even. Sorry about your gallbladder and it causing you weight gain. Check with your doctor to see if you need fiber and see if he/she is ok with you going on a low carb regime. Whatever you do, make it work for you. Read all you can on it, whether online or a book (library may have it); and then go from there. We're all here to help you. Some here do strict Stillman's, or maybe a combo; or tweak it or another Low Carb plan to make it work for them. Best of luck to you.
Happy Losing to all. Mae

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hello Everyone,

I haven't been here in quite a while. I fell off the stilman wagon, then got pregnant and had a beautiful healthy baby boy in February. Needless to say, I gained all my weight back. I am there mentally already but I can't get my food together. I used to eat eggs and chicken basically with no salt (I used to add vinegar) I just can't get that down anymore. I need you guys to help me and tell me what your menu looks like and how u cook it. I would really really really appreciate it!!!! Thanks for listening
Old 07-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Wearing a size 8 pair of capris to work today. Even if they're vanity sized that is awesome considering I'm 3 days away from Tom. Monday and Tuesday were shaky but I've been sticking to my workouts and meat and eggs for the most part. By doing big Belfast and lunch I eat little to nothing by the time I get home. I'm confident about this weekend though. I'm making such good strides plus Tom I don't want any junk to derail me
Old 07-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #64
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pleth
Stats: 243/233.6/135
WOE: Stillman's - first time
Start Date: July 11, 2013
CCGIRL, Thank you for your reply, and the link to the The Naive Vegetarian. I can tell it's the kind of info that will help me stay strong when the cravings hit. Thank you All for the "welcomes".

We've been gluten free for 10 years now. The first five were 100% (we had two young children with severe reactions so it was easy to do), now we occasionally have a pizza with gluten crust, maybe three times/year. The only grain we eat is the occasional rice. And we've been enjoying the good fats since before my first was born, fats being so important to the developing brain - and that was 18 years ago! BUT... I had major sugar addiction for all those years. I'd give it up for awhile just to start up again. Ugh. Oh! We also raised our own meat for many years! That will spoil a person, the stuff for sale in the store isn't anywhere near as good. (We raised pigs, chickens, ducks, geese, and turkey. Never did do cows.)

And since being super sick, my body just stores energy as fat like a pro. I have been sugar free and watched my calories, eaten the same as my 18 yo daughter, and while she consistently lost .6 per day, every day, my body was like, "Nope, we're hanging onto this fat, you might need it at some point."

So Stillman's would be different for me in that it would be lower calories, no carb (I've not tried zero carbs before) and no fat (I've always in the past continued eating some healthy fats as part of my diet).

Sorry I'm going on so much. I really want to talk with someone who understands. I keep this cheery happy attitude with my husband and kids, but inside, not being able to lose weight and looking at a future of being this size if not larger is... so upsetting.

But back to the point - When I wondered how long one goes on Stillman's without a break, I was thinking about fats. Do any of you do strict Stillman's for awhile, then have some healthy fats, then back to strict Stillman's? (Right, just reread, saw the encouragement to make it work for me. Still, if anyone has personal experience to speak of, I'd love to read it.)

I started this morning... Not telling my husband or kids... Though of course they'll notice eventually.

Krissakirs - I'm amazed by your squat challenge, and your size 8 capri post made me smile. Your posts really brightened my morning. You probably had no idea you were spreading joy as far away as you did.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:10 AM   #65
Junior LCF Member

I had a wonderful day today! I hope you all did too.

I didn't have any problems with hunger or cravings. Nice. I did get a headache, but not a super bad one.

I'm trying to decide now if I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow, or switch to weekly weighing, because when I've restricted what I ate and the scale hasn't been down... it has thrown me and I've eaten sugar.

OH! Speaking of the white stuff, my husband decided to make ice cream tonight. He never does that. Never. Ever. He even had to repair the ice cream maker first. I found it humorous. "First day on my zero carb diet and it's suddenly his life mission to make ice cream? For the first time in at least six years? Fine. I can roll with that."
Old 07-12-2013, 05:22 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
{{{{{{{{{{NERM}}}}}}}}} congrats on the new babe!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pleth, sometimes when we stall we go higher fat.........
Old 07-12-2013, 05:32 AM   #67
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Friday morning! I'm sorry I've not been around. My life is a bit crazy right now. Hopefully I'll be moving in September and things will get into a routine.

Nermo! I'm so glad to see you! Hang out with us - you will get your diet mojo back!

I am starting a very focused program today. I am stiff from not doing anything but sitting and I need to get serious about taking care of myself. Today is the day. I have some important face to face events coming up and hopefully will be moving to my new position in September. I need to start taking care of myself. But then, don't we all!
Old 07-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MIM! Did you get the new job? Sorry your not feeling up to snuff!
Old 07-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #69
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

CC - I'm jumping through the hoops right now. There is a small chance this won't work out, but it is a pretty sure thing!
Old 07-13-2013, 05:53 AM   #70
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Saturday morning! Yesterday was my first day back on plan and I woke up feeling so much better! I have a banquet to attend this evening. I am hoping that they serve salad and a meat. I can pick around anything else. I'm going to the office soon and then I've got to stop at a store to buy a needle! I need to sew a button on my jacket and all my needles are packed away!
Old 07-13-2013, 06:27 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

awesome Mim! I knew you would WOW them!

I wish I had a banquet to go to! Off to cook breakfast!
Old 07-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Hello everyone,

Still struggling with what to eat Here. If anyone can tell me what they eat and how to cook it including spices and all. I really cannot get the stuff I am making down, and then i give up because I am starved and carve up!! Any advice would be appreciated!!!!
Old 07-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #73
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Nermo, why not start with low carb but not necessarily low fat? Bacon, hamburger, chicken thighs? Find some foods that you like that are low carb and go with that for several days until you get into ketosis. I scramble eggs and put cheese and salsa on them. Tuna salad with mayo? I know you can do this!
Old 07-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Mim- I think I can definitely do the chicken thighs but will I still lose ? I am sick and tired of this weight. I hate it :what kindnof spices do u all use and Mayo ???? is that allow
ed?
Old 07-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Mim- I think I can definitely do the chicken thighs but will I still lose ? I am sick and tired of this weight. I hate it :what kindnof spices do u all use and Mayo ???? is that allow
ed?
Nermo. You sound like you have the determination. I agree with Mim, but jot down stuff/food items you like to eat, then make a plan from that, LCing/Stillman's, whichever plan you are doing. Here's a simple meal plan I might do:

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs in butter with a sausage patty, or
1/2 cup of cottage cheese with hamburger or chicken in it. or just plain cottage cheese with some pepper and a boiled egg. You can variate spices. Or have an oopsie roll and bacon. You can find the recipe for that on the board.
For Lunch: I might eat a salad, or butter fried bake chicken with maybe a salad or a cheese stick/slice. Or a hamburger patty with pickles and mustard, sometimes a little mayo. Gotta have a little fat here and there, it satiates you. You might even try chicken cordon bleu (Pounded chicken with turkey or ham and cheese rolled up in it then baked).
For dinner: try meat cheese roll ups, or 1/2 cup cottage cheese with some shredded broccoli in it. Or even a grated egg (yes that. I take a half one sometimes and grate it like I would cheese and it tastes so different and then use the other half for another meal or snack that way. Same with cheese).
Hope this helps. Good luck. Mae

Last edited by maepowers; 07-13-2013 at 06:27 PM..
Old 07-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
awesome Mim! I knew you would WOW them!

I wish I had a banquet to go to! Off to cook breakfast!
MIM, Knew you could do it and I'm joining CCGirl, as long as it has low carb stuff (hmm ok LC bbq, ham, cheese, slurp). LOL. Glad you are doing good, you too CCG

EVERYONE: Enjoy your weekend! Happy LCing. Mae
Old 07-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nerm, you are an old pro at this, think back as to what worked for you in the past.

I realize you are panicking and think you are starving, but it just ain't so!

mmmmmmmm cooked up some split breasts tonight before the het wave arrives, plain, to be seasoned later

remember, in times of weakness fat is your friend.................
Old 07-14-2013, 04:44 AM   #78
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
ed?
Yes, you will still lose! And it will help get you to the point where you can start cutting back the fats and lose even faster. Use mayo sparingly - just enough to hold the tuna or egg salad together. Remember, this is just to get you going until you can switch back to low fat, low carb!
Old 07-14-2013, 04:48 AM   #79
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday morning! I successfully made it through the banquet! I had more carbs than I would have liked, but still, I did good. And I'm down another half pound this morning. I walked the treadmill yesterday but instead of the 50 minutes I was shooting for, I had to quit at 35. I had a phone call that I had to take and I couldn't concentrate on the caller while I walked. But all is good!
Old 07-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

thnx for all the advice and support!!! That's why I always come to the board, that little push and pat on the shoulder telling you that you can do it!!! I am on my way to lose all this weight again, I did it before so I know I can do it Again!!!!
Old 07-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG Mim on the treadmill!

{{{{{{{{Nerm}}}}}}} we are always here for you!!!!

weed whacked for a half hour........whew!

not hungry today........? maybe ate half a chik breast.........too hot for eggs, might boil some up early tomorrow.........

I see in the UK they are importing the hot and humid weather we had here........bad news, MMS, there's more a-coming!!!!!!!

Dreamfields was on sale, there is trouble in the future!

Have a great night, y'all. Tomorrow we live to fight another day.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #82
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TheNewJFR
Stats: 203/195/145
WOE: Ketogenic Diet
Start Date: 7/1/2013
Hi there!

I am brand new. Just registered tonight. I am doing a higher fat Stillmans plan. Mainly eggs (hard boiled or fried with Pam) bacon or sausage, tuna salad with mayo for lunches, and EAS AdvantEdge shake after the gym, and lean meat or fish for dinner. Oh and I am trying pork rinds this week.

I will join an August challenge, but wanted to introduce myself and say help here.

So...hi!
Old 07-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #83
Junior LCF Member

Hi All, and hi TheNewJFR I'm new too, just joined a few days ago.

I've had heartburn every single day. Anyone have any ideas for it? To not get it, to get it stop when it starts?

After day 1 I was down at least 0.6 Don't have an exact amount because I didn't record the point whatever, because I was so upset at the 243. After day 2 I was down 3.8, and after day 3, down 0.6. I've been feeling pretty good, except for the heartburn. And last night I couldn't fall asleep until 5 AM. Other than that, feeling pretty good.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:39 AM   #84
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Monday morning! I'm down 5 since I started on Friday. Of course it is weight I re-gained and now have to re-lose, but hey, I'm doing it!

Pleth - the not being able to fall asleep is normal. It will pass in a day or two. Can you figure out what you are eating to give you heartburn? I can't drink water with my meals or soon after. That will give me heartburn.

Hi TheNewJFR! Welcome!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #85
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcomes!

I am down a pound this morning, and that feels great!

I am going to be exploring Low Carb Friends. Any good threads people like? I am so happy to have found this place!!
Old 07-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewJFR View Post
Hi there!

I am brand new. Just registered tonight. I am doing a higher fat Stillmans plan. Mainly eggs (hard boiled or fried with Pam) bacon or sausage, tuna salad with mayo for lunches, and EAS AdvantEdge shake after the gym, and lean meat or fish for dinner. Oh and I am trying pork rinds this week.

I will join an August challenge, but wanted to introduce myself and say help here.

So...hi!
and HI, TNJFR. Glad to have you here. Sounds like you have it together. WTG on the weight loss! We're a great group and help each other. There's some good ladies on the M/E thread too in Other Plans. I post there too. Have a great week. Mae

Last edited by maepowers; 07-15-2013 at 04:50 PM..
Old 07-15-2013, 04:51 PM   #87
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Wisteria
Stats: 242/176/120
WOE: stillman's/primal
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
fiber is unnecessary....and bad for you......

Gut Sense: How to reverse and prevent constipation in children and adults

Stillmans helped Makemeslim lose 200 pounds and she's still slim. Please read The Naive Vegetarianfor all of the reasons grain and sugar is killing us.

CONDITIONS AND DISEASES PREVENTED AND HELPED BY A LOW-CARB, HIGH-FAT DIET

ACNE
ADHD
AGGRESSION
ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE
AMENORRHOEA
ANAEMIA
ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITIS
ANOREXIA
ARTHRITIS
ATHEROSCLEROSIS
AUTISM

CANCER (GENERAL)
CANCER (BREAST)
CANCER (COLON)
CANCER (SKIN)
CATARACT
CIRRHOSIS OF THE LIVER
CELIAC DISEASE
CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE
CORONARY HEART DISEASE
CONSTIPATION
CRIMINALITY
CROHN'S DISEASE

DEATH
DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS
DEPRESSION
DENTAL CARIES
DETOX
DIABETES
DIVERTICULAR DISEASE
DRY-EYE SYNDROME

EPILEPSY

GALLSTONES
GASTRIC REFLUX
GLAUCOMA

HEARING LOSS
HYPERTENSION

IMMUNITY TO INFECTIONS
INSULIN RESISTANCE
INTERMITTENT CLAUDICATION
IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME

KIDNEY STONES
KIDNEY FAILURE

LOW BIRTH WEIGHT

MACULAR DEGENERATION
MEMORY (POOR)
MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS
MYOPIA

NEPHROPATHY
NEUROPATHY

OBESITY
OSTEOARTHRITIS
OSTEOMALACIA
OSTEOPOROSIS

PARKINSON'S DISEASE
PCOS
PERIPHERAL ARTERY DISEASE

RETINOPATHY
RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS
RESISTANCE TO AUTHORITY
RICKETS

SCHIZOPHRENIA
SICKLE CELL ANEMIA
SLOW GROWTH
STOMACH ULCERS
STROKES
SUICIDE

ULCERATIVE COLITIS ULCERS (STOMACH)

Stick with it as long as you can. Once you see losses you'll never stop. Been eating this way since 2010.
That's an impressive list!
Old 07-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleth View Post
Hi All, and hi TheNewJFR I'm new too, just joined a few days ago.

I've had heartburn every single day. Anyone have any ideas for it? To not get it, to get it stop when it starts?

After day 1 I was down at least 0.6 Don't have an exact amount because I didn't record the point whatever, because I was so upset at the 243. After day 2 I was down 3.8, and after day 3, down 0.6. I've been feeling pretty good, except for the heartburn. And last night I couldn't fall asleep until 5 AM. Other than that, feeling pretty good.
Sorry about the heartburn Pleth. Maybe it is something you've been eating every day that doesn't go down well. Are you taking your time eating. How about ACV or H/H, that can help. Do you take any medications for it? We'll try to help, just let us know. MP
Old 07-15-2013, 04:57 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Monday morning! I'm down 5 since I started on Friday. Of course it is weight I re-gained and now have to re-lose, but hey, I'm doing it!

Pleth - the not being able to fall asleep is normal. It will pass in a day or two. Can you figure out what you are eating to give you heartburn? I can't drink water with my meals or soon after. That will give me heartburn.

Hi TheNewJFR! Welcome!
Go you MIM! I was down today, from 250 to 246.2 so happy about that. Officially I usually weigh in on Wednesdays, will do then too. Take care all and happy LCing.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #90
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Go you MIM! I was down today, from 250 to 246.2 so happy about that. Officially I usually weigh in on Wednesdays, will do then too. Take care all and happy LCing.
WOO HOO on the loss, maepowers!! Great job!

I had a decent night. Went to spin class...pretty intense, and ended the night with a filet I do SO love LCing!
Closed Thread