Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
NEW WAYS FOR 10 DAYS CHALLENGE

So I'm sick and tired of sounding like a broken record. Yoyo dieting does nothing for self esteem. We've all been there, starting again and again and again with a hundred and one excuses each time. I have made the decision to take action! I am going to complete 10 clean days of Stillman's starting tomorrow Sunday 16th June. I will allow a small amount of both light mayo and low fat cheese. It does not effect my weight loss so this is clean eating for me. I'm feeling really good about this challenge and I make a promise that nothing, except a genuine act of God will derail me. Watch this space people I mean business!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiny
Stats: 166/147/127 - 5' 4" - 50 yo
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Ooooh! I will join you! I will have cream in my coffee, but other than that straight up Stillman. I saw on the other thread that you don't plan to weigh yourself until the end. I've never done that before, but it might be sort of exciting. Okay, so starting tomorrow I will weigh in the morning, then weigh again the morning of the 26th!
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 219/212.6/170
WOE: Stillmans/Atkins
Start Date: 02/16/2013
I'm ready to go along with you both, but I already know that dinner at Moms will be a struggle. Even though I told her I am starting a diet, she never offers healthy alternatives. Tomorrow, Monday, will be my official start day.
Gottalosetheweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
I'm in! I don't weigh in either, but it's my first goal since I want to do vlc w stillmans. I hardly have pv days, but I may I'm case of emergency.
krissakris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

How's everyone doing?
Old 06-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
In with ya all

Hi Kris, Tiny, MMslim, gotsa. I'm in with you. We all have our little particulars to do it our way but still in it together. That's great. Good luck to you all. I'm in it all the way with you gals. Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
I am in. Starting later but I plan to go till the 2nd. I want 2 weeks of clean Stills. I will try really hard not to get on the scale till then. This should be interesting... I was at 221 this morning
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I am in. Starting later but I plan to go till the 2nd. I want 2 weeks of clean Stills. I will try really hard not to get on the scale till then. This should be interesting... I was at 221 this morning
Welcome aboard, we can all do this. I'm not weighing in til tomorrow, Wed, which is the day of week I usually weigh in, so will post that then. But won't weigh in until 2 weeks are up too. I think going til the 2nd is great, and doing our WOE's til then, get off some lbs before 4th of July holiday. *Still gonna stay on it though, lol* Good luck to all. MP
Old 06-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

I'm doing well but my 800 calorie goal has been bumped up to 1000. I've been working out so no need to get crazy just yet. I can't tell if it's pms or just in my head but sometimes I'm still hungry. I had an off weekend, but I find that gets me super motivated to eat clean. I've also noticed I eat entirely too much when I'm not paying attn to calories. I find food even stillman/Dukan friendly is a pleasant distraction from the stress of work. I drink a lot too but that's always a good thing. I can't wait to see 1 and 2 week progress/updates!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
I'm doing well but my 800 calorie goal has been bumped up to 1000. I've been working out so no need to get crazy just yet. I can't tell if it's pms or just in my head but sometimes I'm still hungry. I had an off weekend, but I find that gets me super motivated to eat clean. I've also noticed I eat entirely too much when I'm not paying attn to calories. I find food even stillman/Dukan friendly is a pleasant distraction from the stress of work. I drink a lot too but that's always a good thing. I can't wait to see 1 and 2 week progress/updates!
Hey Kris, maybe it is hidden emotional, think about if you really want something that bad, then decide. You can do this. Put your fork and plate down after each bite, found this helps me a lot and makes one more concious of what they are stuffing into their mouths. Just some abstract tips. I know you can do this. Here if you need the support! Mae
PS, does diong smaller meals spread out help you? What about a large breakfast then smaller meals during the day? Something to help curb the appetite, maybe like ACV or Lemon water? Green tea helps me. Just some thoughts. Mae
Old 06-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Happy Wednesday all! Hope everyone is doing well.
Weighed in this morning myself, it's usually on Wednesdays, early am. Overslept this morning, probably since I didn't go to bed til 3 am, lol.

The previous week around the 5th I was 248, having finally gotten under 250. Then when weighed in on the 12th, I went back up to 254.6 (Gaining about 6.6 llbs. ) Today I am back under at 249.8! yippie I'll take it! That's a loss of 4.8 lbs. So 249.8 is my starting weight for the challenge. Now to stay under!. So sticking to strict ME/LC my way for 2 weeks to meet the challenge with the others. Go all of us.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
I tend to eat many small thing throughout the day. I also keep a stash of hard boiled eggs in the fridge to just grab if I start to think about wanting to eat. It usually works. Hormones.. ugh. Mine hit at the beginning of the month and they almost always do me in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Happy Wednesday all! Hope everyone is doing well.
Weighed in this morning myself, it's usually on Wednesdays, early am. Overslept this morning, probably since I didn't go to bed til 3 am, lol.

The previous week around the 5th I was 248, having finally gotten under 250. Then when weighed in on the 12th, I went back up to 254.6 (Gaining about 6.6 llbs. ) Today I am back under at 249.8! yippie I'll take it! That's a loss of 4.8 lbs. So 249.8 is my starting weight for the challenge. Now to stay under!. So sticking to strict ME/LC my way for 2 weeks to meet the challenge with the others. Go all of us.
Congrats being under 250. I know I feel SO great when I leave a decade of weight. I have been happy about leaving the 220s so many times!
Old 06-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I tend to eat many small thing throughout the day. I also keep a stash of hard boiled eggs in the fridge to just grab if I start to think about wanting to eat. It usually works. Hormones.. ugh. Mine hit at the beginning of the month and they almost always do me in.

Congrats being under 250. I know I feel SO great when I leave a decade of weight. I have been happy about leaving the 220s so many times!
Thanks, BratttyS. It's been awhile since I was in the 220s, but hoping by my Bday late next month to be there. I keep boiled eggs stashed in fridge too, helps, and sliced dill pickles help when the need arises. Hope you're doing well. M
Old 06-20-2013, 04:40 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

I'm doing great, down 4.5 lbs already. Not real hungry so my calories have been under 800 per day. Glad to see everyone's is doing well.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:34 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Happy Thursday All!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottalosetheweight View Post
I'm doing great, down 4.5 lbs already. Not real hungry so my calories have been under 800 per day. Glad to see everyone's is doing well.
Great for you Gottalose I'm down about that but don't count it too much, lol, I'd gained the previous week, but onward and LCing. Good luck to you and everyone. Mae
Old 06-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Crap. I have to restart. Had wine (always the wine) a few days this week. Stress, needing to unwind, blah blah blah. Anyhoo. TOMORROW is exactly 3 weeks from my college reunion. So my restart is on Friday the 21st for 21 days.

Congrats to the others on your successes!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Crap. I have to restart. Had wine (always the wine) a few days this week. Stress, needing to unwind, blah blah blah. Anyhoo. TOMORROW is exactly 3 weeks from my college reunion. So my restart is on Friday the 21st for 21 days.

You can do it Tiny~maybe you just needed to be off the plan a bit, sometimes it helps. Good luck~MP
Old 06-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
You can do it Tiny~maybe you just needed to be off the plan a bit, sometimes it helps. Good luck~MP
Thanks! Didn't get wine today!!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

You can do it!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:39 AM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Happy Friday all. Down to 212.6, a loss of about 7lbs.

Hope Everyone is doing well. Good luck on your restart Tiny.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Congrats Gottalosetheweight~~!!!! Tiny you will do fine. Keep up the great work all, you too Krisakris. Happy Friday and have a great weekend all. MP
Old 06-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gottalosetheweight that is awesome, congratulations!

I am still on track. I do not think I have had this easy of a time starting stillmans, ever!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Gottalosetheweight that is awesome, congratulations!

I am still on track. I do not think I have had this easy of a time starting stillmans, ever!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Good for you Bratty! Same here. My only bad this week, is that I ran out of H/H and HWC so had to have a little whole milk in my coffee today. Too hot out today to run to store. But don't think it will mess me up. Otherwise, just Tuna salad today and a cheese stick today, lots of water of course. Plus the coffee. I've got meals planned out for the week.

Good luck all. I'll post weigh in on wed. and then again next wed on the 3rd. I think we're all doing great. Go us!

PS: anyone heard from Makemeslim? Hope you're doing well, if you read this, we miss you.

Last edited by maepowers; 06-22-2013 at 10:02 PM..
Old 06-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

PS: anyone heard from Makemeslim? Hope you're doing well, if you read this, we miss you.
I too was wondering about MMS. As for me, I drank wine again on Friday, but still lost weight. No wine saturday (yay me).

Also, I discovered a yummy treat. I tried the Jay Robb Whey protein that someone recommended, but found it tasted pretty bleh with only water. I just made an excellent afternoon pick me up by adding coffee, ice and a little half and half to the whey scoop and blending it up. Yummy! (Except for the fake taste of Stevia, but you can't have everything). Hope everyone is having a good Sunday.

As God is my witness I plan to stay on plan this week! Stay strong y'all.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

Just have to say HOLY CRAP!! 7 pounds in one week!!!!???? Great job gottalose

Last edited by Tiny; 06-23-2013 at 12:14 PM..
Old 06-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Still behaving myself.
MMS check in! I hope you are doing OK.

Quote:
Good for you Bratty! Same here. My only bad this week, is that I ran out of H/H and HWC so had to have a little whole milk in my coffee today. Too hot out today to run to store. But don't think it will mess me up. Otherwise, just Tuna salad today and a cheese stick today, lots of water of course. Plus the coffee. I've got meals planned out for the week.

Good luck all. I'll post weigh in on wed. and then again next wed on the 3rd. I think we're all doing great. Go us!

You are doing great!

Tiny! NO MORE WINE FOR YOU!
Old 06-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

One week check in for me. 221.4 to 24.4
7 pounds!
Old 06-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
7 pounds!
Yahoo! Congrats!
Old 06-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
7 pounds!
WTG, Bratty! Let us know your menu. and is that actually 214.4? I'll be glad to get there. ROOTING FOR You!

Hey Tiny! Wow both Gotta lose and Bratty lost 7lbs in one week. Let us know your menu and if you exercised too.

Four the next 4 days my menu will look like this:
Breakfast: 3 egg white omlett with spinach, a side of cubed pork steak, fried in butter.
Lunch: Smash bowl of 1-2 eggs, a little mayo, some shredded cheese, maybe some meat in it.
Dinner: 1 piece of chicken, 3-egg yolk scramble with a dash of spice, sour cream and 1/4 tsp mayo & water. Scrambled up in butter. Lots of water of course.
Off on Tuesdays, but rest of the week, walking, weights, some other kind of cardio. Take care all. Mae
Old 06-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I too was wondering about MMS. As for me, I drank wine again on Friday, but still lost weight. No wine saturday (yay me).

Also, I discovered a yummy treat. I tried the Jay Robb Whey protein that someone recommended, but found it tasted pretty bleh with only water. I just made an excellent afternoon pick me up by adding coffee, ice and a little half and half to the whey scoop and blending it up. Yummy! (Except for the fake taste of Stevia, but you can't have everything). Hope everyone is having a good Sunday.

As God is my witness I plan to stay on plan this week! Stay strong y'all.
I'm your witness too, lol. You can stay on this. Here for support. I don't like Stevia, nasty after taste. I have to do without sweets mostly, don't like any artificial sweetner. Keep up the good work, Tiny, I know you can do it.