Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Jumping for Joy in June with Dr. Stillman's Quick Weight Loss!

Join us for a hot summer of cool weight loss!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: saudade
Stats: 167/164/130 (5'6")
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: May 30 2013
I am moving my last post over here. I'm here for June! Yes!! I AM going to stick to this. I want to lose 30 lbs this month. I'm also re-joining the gym around the 11th or 12th this month as well.

This is day 3 for me and I have already lost 3 lbs! I really wasn't expecting to see any loss until I entered ketosis, but I think I may be entering ketosis today. I feel different. I don't have any "carb-flu" though. It might be because I didn't eat a lot of bad carbs to begin with. My diet previously has been a whole foods, organic diet and the only carbs I got were from fresh veggies, fresh fruit and limited whole grains. I didn't eat a lot of sugar to begin with, just a bit in my coffee each day is all.

The only non-Stillman's food I've had is a little half and half in my coffee. I usually drink my coffee sweet and tried drinking it black, but yuck...I can tolerate it with half and half. It adds a little extra fat but not really any carbs. I don't use artificial chemical sweeteners.

I'm so happy to see loss already! It's sure easier to keep going when you see REAL RESULTS, that is why I think this "diet" is best for me. I get so impatient and discouraged seeing only 1 lb loss in a week on low calorie diets...then if I mess up once and eat cheese or something, the lb comes back. So discouraging! This is what my body needs, I think!
Old 06-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Newjulie
CC - thanks for starting this for June!!! YAY! Just what I was looking for! I have read some of you posts on Stillman and hope to have success as you have in the past. Have you been on your present cycle a while or are you just re starting now?

Saudale, Congrats on the 3 lb loss! Great start.

Hope you guys dont mind if I join you. I still have the original Stillman books from the 70s and hope to achieve the same great results as I did back then when I actually had a metabolism - hehehe...

Im starting on Monday --- doing a quick cleanse with watermelon to get my appetite under control. Im just coming off another round of HCG and am not able to maintain my losses so thought I would go back to an old favorite.

Do either of you use flavored Stevia in your coffee? Are you using PAM with success? Any tips you wish to share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Hi Newjulie! Welcome! I don't like the taste of Stevia, I would rather drink my coffee unsweetened because I just don't like the taste. Also, I use a coconut oil spray by Spectrum because it's a healthy fat. I'm a super health nut and I've been studying about GMOs and Pam is made from canola oil which comes from GMO corn, so I stay away from that stuff. I only use a little spritz when making scrambled eggs. It is also 0 fat and 0 carb with a 1/3 second spray. Love that stuff!
Old 06-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

One more question --- anyone using Jay Robb Whey Protein or any other shakes and still holding the integrity of the plan? Since there are so many new LC foods available that weren't around when Stillman created his plan, I guess some things will have to be tested. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saudade View Post
Hi Newjulie! Welcome! I use a coconut oil spray by Spectrum because it's a healthy fat. I'm a super health nut and I've been studying about GMOs and Pam is made from canola oil which comes from GMO corn, so I stay away from that stuff. I only use a little spritz when making scrambled eggs. It is also 0 fat and 0 carb with a 1/3 second spray. Love that stuff!
Oh Thank YOU!!! I didnt know there was CO spray. Going to check it out. I do use CO now but not sure yet if my body likes it or not. I know PAM is not the best but its a means to an end...for now.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
It's so crazy that it's june already!! I am so excited though...does anyone have any events that are helping keep them on track? i have one of my besties bdays in 6 weeks which is helping keep me on my toes diet/fitness wise. then it's my 29th birthday where I will be able to have my yearly cupcakes (guilt-free) lol. I just want to hit my TW so I think I have another 30lbs to go, and then i'm just going to maintain over the holidays and reassess.

What's everyone doing for exercise?
Old 06-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Saudade, you can do it!

Quote:
I am moving my last post over here. I'm here for June! Yes!! I AM going to stick to this. I want to lose 30 lbs this month. I'm also re-joining the gym around the 11th or 12th this month as well.

This is day 3 for me and I have already lost 3 lbs! I really wasn't expecting to see any loss until I entered ketosis, but I think I may be entering ketosis today. I feel different. I don't have any "carb-flu" though. It might be because I didn't eat a lot of bad carbs to begin with. My diet previously has been a whole foods, organic diet and the only carbs I got were from fresh veggies, fresh fruit and limited whole grains. I didn't eat a lot of sugar to begin with, just a bit in my coffee each day is all.

The only non-Stillman's food I've had is a little half and half in my coffee. I usually drink my coffee sweet and tried drinking it black, but yuck...I can tolerate it with half and half. It adds a little extra fat but not really any carbs. I don't use artificial chemical sweeteners.

I'm so happy to see loss already! It's sure easier to keep going when you see REAL RESULTS, that is why I think this "diet" is best for me. I get so impatient and discouraged seeing only 1 lb loss in a week on low calorie diets...then if I mess up once and eat cheese or something, the lb comes back. So discouraging! This is what my body needs, I think!

Congrat's Saudade! Those little things like H/H in your coffee can help in a lot of cases, helps keep you going. I do that too when I have coffee, just like it myself, so won't give it up, don't have many of those things so will keep it. Just remember, 1lb gone is one you don't have to get back. You're doing great. Keep remembering your small successes too, you'll get there.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Hey Krissakris

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
It's so crazy that it's june already!! I am so excited though...does anyone have any events that are helping keep them on track? i have one of my besties bdays in 6 weeks which is helping keep me on my toes diet/fitness wise. then it's my 29th birthday where I will be able to have my yearly cupcakes (guilt-free) lol. I just want to hit my TW so I think I have another 30lbs to go, and then i'm just going to maintain over the holidays and reassess.

I do Leslie Sandsone a few times a week, then a stepper, when I stick to it lol. Happy Birthday for later on. Mine will be on Moon Day (July 20) so hoping to be under 200 by then, if possible. If not, will be close. Hope you enjoy your friend's bday. Glad to see ya here again.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Welcome to June all

Quote:
Hi Newjulie! Welcome! I don't like the taste of Stevia, I would rather drink my coffee unsweetened because I just don't like the taste. Also, I use a coconut oil spray by Spectrum because it's a healthy fat. I'm a super health nut and I've been studying about GMOs and Pam is made from canola oil which comes from GMO corn, so I stay away from that stuff. I only use a little spritz when making scrambled eggs. It is also 0 fat and 0 carb with a 1/3 second spray. Love that stuff!
Thanks for the tip Saudade, I'll look for the CO spray! I don't like those artificial and such sweetners either, they taste awful and give me headaches. I'd rather do without, but use H/H when I do have coffee on occasion.

Welcome Newjulie! you'll like it here, great group and we do our own LC or other our own way, cause we all are finding what works for us. Good luck. Don't use whey powder so don't know the answer, hope you find out.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
NJ, every day is a restart.
I'm hoping to start losing again with the opportunity to move now that winter is over.

We have ten acres of about which two and a half I mow. I love mowing, it's a workout. I walked when I lost the initial weight but since DH retired I don't anymore. Maintaining is easy but since I drink, losing requires excersize.

Sau, I'm with you, gotta have my half and half.

Can't stand Stevia, horrible aftertaste!

O Krissa, 29...........enjoy youth!

the mint is up in the garden........mojito time! Have a good night everyone!

Mim, I hope you are comfortable in your temp digs. And please get that a/c fixed, it was 90F today!!!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Everyone for the welcome! 30 lbs seems to be a magic # --- do we need a countdown?

Kriss --- 29 --- Yeowser! Thats a great age! Enjoy it!
The only thing I can think of is Fathers day --- we usually go into the city (NYC) for Italian, which may be a little problem now that I am doing Stillman. I guess I will see how far I get by then. Im also thinking I want to start on line dating but ---want to be at my best first - ya know??? Hard to jump back in at this stage--- hope I can find someone with hair left..oh and teeth! Teeth would be good! My exercise is more passive than I would like - glider x 3 (30 - 40 min) daily sessions, but I can read a book while doing it.

CC, I recently figured out that alcohol is what was missing in my life. Started making slushies w vodka! YUM!

Mae, Birthday looming ---- will be routing for you to reach onederland by then!
Old 06-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Marieti
Hi EVERYONE!!!

Thank you for starting the June thread! I'm two days into Stillman's, but two weeks into general low carb. This morning, down exactly 11 lbs My goal is to liar an additional 20-30 lbs this month. My 28th bday is the 24th and I have a wayyyy too small dress to fit into by July 27th!

I can't remember all your usernames since I'm typing this on my phone, but good luck Mae to be in onederland soon! I can't wait to be in one-eighty-land! The best scale jump is definitely seeing that 199 though!

Thanks "other new girl" (sorry) for the CO spray tip!

Happy upcoming 29th bday to you (sorry, can't remember name)!

I'm 193.6 and can't wait to see that number go dowwwnnnn! We can do this! June is our month!

"Embrace the power of self-discipline or suffer the pain of regret." -who knows ?(I have a real problem with names, apparently!)
Old 06-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #14
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Welcome to the group Marieti! Well done on your weight loss so far!
Old 06-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #15
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Special event? I am going to a church's 175 anniversary June 6th. I served them 14 years ago and I would like to feel good about how I look. I have given up on setting a weight loss goal by a certain date. I get frustrated when my body doesn't drop weight fast enough even when I'm 100% on plan. But I'm going to begin exercising next week and I'm on plan, so my goal is to lose as much as possible, both inches and pounds so that I will feel confident when I go to the celebration.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Marieti- My birthday is this month too! It's the 28th, I'll be 36. YIKES! LOL

Exercise....I like Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and I hope to make myself do it until I get my gym membership after the 11th. I'm actually way more motivated to exercise when I go to the gym, I love the classes and the elliptical machine! The last time I tried to do the gym, it didn't work out and I ended up losing a bunch of money because my baby was 6 months old and she HATED going to the kids club and would cry and they would literally come and get me 5 minutes later to get her so I never got to workout. I kept trying and trying, but it was the same every time. (I'm a single mom so it's vital that I be able to bring my daughter along with me to the gym and use their childcare) Now she is 13 months old and I'm going to try again and I just HOPE so much that it's different this time! It was so disappointing!

What is all this talk of vodka??? This isn't allowed on Stillman's is it? Oh my how I would love some vodka in soda water with some lemon or lime. Doesn't alcohol turn to carbs when you drink it? Probably not a good idea for me if I want to be in ketosis, which is my goal. I'm curious though...
Old 06-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

I spoke too soon. I've got the full blown keto-flu. I feel SICK! Headache, nausea, brain fog, fatigue. I was cleaning up before going to bed and had to sit down because I got dizzy and felt like I was going to throw up. I hope the scale shows more loss tomorrow morning to make all this worth it. Blech.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
I am not posting anything on my weight b/c I have been so off plan that it is ridiculous. As for birthdays, all these young ladies with bdays in June. Mine is the 26th and I will be...48!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiny
Stats: 166/147/127 - 5' 4" - 50 yo
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Quote:

I have a big family reunion/college reunion coming up the second week of July. There are people I haven't seen in close to 30 years that I'm really excited about meeting up with. Worse case scenario would be that they don't recognize this chubby middle aged lady as the 120 pound hottie they used to know :-). So, I've dropped 10 pounds in 3 weeks on stillmans (could have been more, cheating and drinking set me back probably 5 pounds -- need to cut that crap). I want to lose as much as I possibly can in the next 5 weeks so I am going to stick to the plan obsessively, and add some cardio and weights starting tomorrow!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
I am not posting anything on my weight b/c I have been so off plan that it is ridiculous. As for birthdays, all these young ladies with bdays in June. Mine is the 26th and I will be...48!
Happy Birthday! You're a youngster, you still have two full years before the big 50 (my age).
Old 06-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I spoke too soon. I've got the full blown keto-flu. I feel SICK! Headache, nausea, brain fog, fatigue. I was cleaning up before going to bed and had to sit down because I got dizzy and felt like I was going to throw up. I hope the scale shows more loss tomorrow morning to make all this worth it. Blech.
You'll feel better soon. In fact you may feel crazy great, almost euphoric in a day or two. Hopefully you can lay low for a bit until it passes.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #22
Junior LCF Member

HI ALL!
Mim - what are you thinking you will lose in a week? Even if the lbs are not high you should look very slimmed down by then.
saudade - NO - Alcohol is not permitted; I had that last week before committing to starting this. I was just saying.
Hope you are feeling better today!
BC - are you getting back on plan this month? Its almost summer = less layers - thats always a big motivator for me.

AFM... gearing up for tomorrow --- did all watermelon yesterday and 1 protein shake... dropped a lot - 4.6; am sure its all water wt but I'll take it!
Doing Apples today. I just wanted to cleanse my system before I begin and hopefully slow down my appetite.
Make it a great day!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Marieti- My birthday is this month too! It's the 28th, I'll be 36. YIKES! LOL

Exercise....I like Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and I hope to make myself do it until I get my gym membership after the 11th. I'm actually way more motivated to exercise when I go to the gym, I love the classes and the elliptical machine! The last time I tried to do the gym, it didn't work out and I ended up losing a bunch of money because my baby was 6 months old and she HATED going to the kids club and would cry and they would literally come and get me 5 minutes later to get her so I never got to workout. I kept trying and trying, but it was the same every time. (I'm a single mom so it's vital that I be able to bring my daughter along with me to the gym and use their childcare) Now she is 13 months old and I'm going to try again and I just HOPE so much that it's different this time! It was so disappointing!

What is all this talk of vodka??? This isn't allowed on Stillman's is it? Oh my how I would love some vodka in soda water with some lemon or lime. Doesn't alcohol turn to carbs when you drink it? Probably not a good idea for me if I want to be in ketosis, which is my goal. I'm curious though...
The vodka talk may have started because of my first big cheat. I read that vodka was zero carb, so I had me some vodka and diet tonics, then I hand me some more, then I had a bowl of lucky charms, pretzels dipped in Nutella, etc. Just went on a binge and set my weight loss back a few days. Had to start all over to get back into keto. If you can handle drinking without binging, the only downside would be that your body will burn the alcohol before it burns your fat. I honestly don't know if just the vodka would knock you out of ketosis or not. What do others think????

Good luck with the daycare at the gym. She may love it now!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Special event? I am going to a church's 175 anniversary June 6th. I served them 14 years ago and I would like to feel good about how I look. I have given up on setting a weight loss goal by a certain date. I get frustrated when my body doesn't drop weight fast enough even when I'm 100% on plan. But I'm going to begin exercising next week and I'm on plan, so my goal is to lose as much as possible, both inches and pounds so that I will feel confident when I go to the celebration.
Good Luck! You can do it!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marieti View Post
Thank you for starting the June thread! I'm two days into Stillman's, but two weeks into general low carb. This morning, down exactly 11 lbs My goal is to liar an additional 20-30 lbs this month. My 28th bday is the 24th and I have a wayyyy too small dress to fit into by July 27th!

I can't remember all your usernames since I'm typing this on my phone, but good luck Mae to be in onederland soon! I can't wait to be in one-eighty-land! The best scale jump is definitely seeing that 199 though!

Thanks "other new girl" (sorry) for the CO spray tip!

Happy upcoming 29th bday to you (sorry, can't remember name)!

I'm 193.6 and can't wait to see that number go dowwwnnnn! We can do this! June is our month!

"Embrace the power of self-discipline or suffer the pain of regret." -who knows ?(I have a real problem with names, apparently!)
Welcome! Love your quote at the bottom. Also, check out your autocorrect "My goal is to liar an additional 20-30 pounds....." Damn you autocorrrect! Anyhoo I am fairly new here myself (3 weeks). I find this group of women, cool, interesting, kind and inspiring.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newjulie View Post
HI ALL!
Mim - what are you thinking you will lose in a week? Even if the lbs are not high you should look very slimmed down by then.
saudade - NO - Alcohol is not permitted; I had that last week before committing to starting this. I was just saying.
Hope you are feeling better today!
BC - are you getting back on plan this month? Its almost summer = less layers - thats always a big motivator for me.

AFM... gearing up for tomorrow --- did all watermelon yesterday and 1 protein shake... dropped a lot - 4.6; am sure its all water wt but I'll take it!
Doing Apples today. I just wanted to cleanse my system before I begin and hopefully slow down my appetite.
Make it a great day!
I am starting my third week of walking 30 or more minutes in the morning. My second week of weight lifting. My first week of re-cleaning my diet (my body doesn't like Stillman's so I am eating low carb) and doing an extra cardio on non weight days.

It is going to come off. Before my 49th birthday (June 2014) I am going to be in the best shape of my life!
Old 06-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Convo
Hey everyone.. I'm a guy looking to get my beach body! ha.. I did Stillman before and lost a fast 15lbs. Looking to lose around 20 this time but I have a revised plan based on Stillman. I'll basically be eating eggs and Eggbeaters, fat free cheese, Canadian bacon, tuna, and some marinated chicken breast. Either Buffalo chick, mango chiplote or garlic pepper. Although this isn't hardcore stillman it;s still very low carb/fat. Going to give it a try starting tomorrow for the next 2 weeks. Hope to update my progress here.:-) I also plan on doing weights, running, biking, jump rope and a 30 day legs/core challange. should be an interesting month! Just wanted to wish all of you luck too.:-) I plan to weight myself tomorrow morning!
Old 06-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convo View Post
Hey everyone.. I'm a guy looking to get my beach body! ha.. I did Stillman before and lost a fast 15lbs. Looking to lose around 20 this time but I have a revised plan based on Stillman. I'll basically be eating eggs and Eggbeaters, fat free cheese, Canadian bacon, tuna, and some marinated chicken breast. Either Buffalo chick, mango chiplote or garlic pepper. Although this isn't hardcore stillman it;s still very low carb/fat. Going to give it a try starting tomorrow for the next 2 weeks. Hope to update my progress here.:-) I also plan on doing weights, running, biking, jump rope and a 30 day legs/core challange. should be an interesting month! Just wanted to wish all of you luck too.:-) I plan to weight myself tomorrow morning!
Good luck!
Old 06-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
I love that everyone is so motivated. Tomorrow will be the start of week 7 for me which is so unreal lol. I'm feeling a lot more comfortable in my skin even tho I've been lazy on the workouts this month. I actually wore a romper yesterday just to grab coffee and get my nails done! I'm so glad this thread is active with motivating/supportive ppl-I can't wait to share success w you all

Any non-scale victories this weekend???
Old 06-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I love that everyone is so motivated. Tomorrow will be the start of week 7 for me which is so unreal lol. I'm feeling a lot more comfortable in my skin even tho I've been lazy on the workouts this month. I actually wore a romper yesterday just to grab coffee and get my nails done! I'm so glad this thread is active with motivating/supportive ppl-I can't wait to share success w you all

Any non-scale victories this weekend???
I got another chapter done on my next book - I have divided it into three acts and Act One is complete. I have parts of Act three written. So I am going to work hard to get the first draft finished by the end of July.
Closed Thread