Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 05:24 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member
 
krissakris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 436
Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
This is hilarious. I'm allergic to cats but give me a handful of cuddly pups
krissakris is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,024
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
And yay I'm wearing a dress I got at h+m yesterday in a size 10! I got three and only one didn't fit so I'm a happy girl. The last sz 12 I brought from there ripped at the hip last year lol.
Thanks for the working out advice. What is your squat challenge? My jiggly fat thighs need some help! lol

Congrats with the size 10. I can not wait to get there. it has been so long I can't even fathom. I got to a size 14 almost 12 about 5 years ago and then I gained the weight back. Dumb me! I will get there again...
BrattyS is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #243
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 84
Gallery: time2change
Stats: 5'2 172/hoping for 110
WOE: JUDDD ???
Start Date: April 2014
So today is my official start of Stillmans. I weighed in at 160.8. Weight keeps going up and down a lb. So far I have had a can of tuna and a couple small chicken breasts. I think dinner will be fish since I am making fried fish for the bf. I am going to have to precook to make this work. I am so lazy on my first day off of the week. I didn't eat anything until one o'clock. Being in ketosis already probably helps keep the hunger at bay. I haven't worked out yet which was on the agenda but who knows.
time2change is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 487
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
This is hilarious. I'm allergic to cats but give me a handful of cuddly pups
ROFL, I love it Krissakris. Very funny and cute cats too. Sorry you're allergic to them, I lub cats and puppies, but can't keep a pup right now, have two cats already.

Thanks for the cats, CCG. Maybe your mom needs one.

Last edited by maepowers; 06-28-2013 at 09:42 PM..
maepowers is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 487
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by time2change View Post
So today is my official start of Stillmans. I weighed in at 160.8. Weight keeps going up and down a lb. So far I have had a can of tuna and a couple small chicken breasts. I think dinner will be fish since I am making fried fish for the bf. I am going to have to precook to make this work. I am so lazy on my first day off of the week. I didn't eat anything until one o'clock. Being in ketosis already probably helps keep the hunger at bay. I haven't worked out yet which was on the agenda but who knows.
You'll do good, T2C! It takes adjustment.

You and all have a great weekend. mP
maepowers is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 487
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Thanks for the working out advice. What is your squat challenge? My jiggly fat thighs need some help! lol

Congrats with the size 10. I can not wait to get there. it has been so long I can't even fathom. I got to a size 14 almost 12 about 5 years ago and then I gained the weight back. Dumb me! I will get there again...
Great going Kris. You'll get there too Bratty.
Have a lovely weekend, both of you
maepowers is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 487
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
just had to post that


thanks Mae for the well wishes.


Bratty, any advice on how to handle mom with the market dips? It's getting ugly. Six months ago she was so greived she told me 'you deal with it'. Now she's second guessing my actions and threatening to pull funding for my business. This over a temporary two thousand dollar loss in a two week period. Never mind we're up eleven thousand since December.
You're welcome, CCG. Maybe you need to give her a chill pill. teasing. Ask her what's really wrong; sounds like something underlying issue with her. She trusted you and stuff before, talk with her if she'll listen. Hope it gets better. Mae
PS, thanks for the post.
maepowers is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 08:33 AM   #248
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 84
Gallery: time2change
Stats: 5'2 172/hoping for 110
WOE: JUDDD ???
Start Date: April 2014
What a beautiful day! I woke up at 159 so 1.8 loss. I will take it. I was right on yesterday with protein only. Woke up early and had some turkey bacon, eggs, and fatfree cheese. Now popping in the Jillian Michaels and waking my body up. Am I right that the more you exercise the more you lose on this plan? I thought I read that here. Also has anyone done the callinetics mentioned on this board?It sounds like a fantastic workout so I am ordering it when I get paid to add to my workouts. I am learning so much on this sight. Have a Blessed Day everyone!!!
time2change is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #249
Senior LCF Member
 
krissakris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 436
Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Quote:
Originally Posted by time2change View Post
What a beautiful day! I woke up at 159 so 1.8 loss. I will take it. I was right on yesterday with protein only. Woke up early and had some turkey bacon, eggs, and fatfree cheese. Now popping in the Jillian Michaels and waking my body up. Am I right that the more you exercise the more you lose on this plan? I thought I read that here. Also has anyone done the callinetics mentioned on this board?It sounds like a fantastic workout so I am ordering it when I get paid to add to my workouts. I am learning so much on this sight. Have a Blessed Day everyone!!!
Not necessarily on the exercise, you will lose fat, but it may look like a stall on the scale if that's the only tool you're using to measure. I would say continue the exercise, but don't get too caught up if the scale doesn't move; you could still be losing fat/building muscle. Callanetics is awesome, it's very retro, but you will lose inches. I haven't been able to do it lately, but i loved that it was low impact, yet intense and relaxing all at the same time. i think i did the 10hours and got compliments on how my waist was slimming and that's one of my major problem areas...i wasn't eating 100% LC either.
__________________
...Not a major Betty, but a vast improvement...
krissakris is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #250
Junior LCF Member
 
Tiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Camden, Maine
Posts: 55
Gallery: Tiny
Stats: 166/147/127 - 5' 4" - 50 yo
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Hi everybody! You know, I just wanted to give props to Stillman's in general. I have by no means followed it diligently. I do a few days clean, and then drink wine and binge, etc. But even so, I have lost almost 20 lbs since Mother's Day. I was on my way to obesity, and now I'm only 4 pounds from a normal BMI. So, it works for me!!!
Tiny is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 05:33 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member
 
krissakris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 436
Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Hi everybody! You know, I just wanted to give props to Stillman's in general. I have by no means followed it diligently. I do a few days clean, and then drink wine and binge, etc. But even so, I have lost almost 20 lbs since Mother's Day. I was on my way to obesity, and now I'm only 4 pounds from a normal BMI. So, it works for me!!!
Yay, tiny! Awesome stuff xo
krissakris is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #252
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,283
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Saturday evening, friends! I'm sorry I've been unable to post. Life has been hectic. I am not in the waiting period with the new position. I'm going to try my best to get and stay on plan and to exercise. It is so hard when I'm not following a typical schedule. And now I've got my three grandgirls with me for the week. I'm going to enjoy them but finding time to dedicate to exercise will be hard. But I'll feel better for it - especially in this time of waiting!
Mim is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 487
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Hi everybody! You know, I just wanted to give props to Stillman's in general. I have by no means followed it diligently. I do a few days clean, and then drink wine and binge, etc. But even so, I have lost almost 20 lbs since Mother's Day. I was on my way to obesity, and now I'm only 4 pounds from a normal BMI. So, it works for me!!!
Go Tiny!!! So proud of you!~
maepowers is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #254
Senior LCF Member
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 487
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Saturday evening, friends! I'm sorry I've been unable to post. Life has been hectic. I am not in the waiting period with the new position. I'm going to try my best to get and stay on plan and to exercise. It is so hard when I'm not following a typical schedule. And now I've got my three grandgirls with me for the week. I'm going to enjoy them but finding time to dedicate to exercise will be hard. But I'll feel better for it - especially in this time of waiting!
We're rooting for ya MIM! Why not go walking with the girls; make them clean house while you dally and rally them lol. Life is hectic though, most the time. Hang in there, you'll do good. Mae
maepowers is offline  
Old 06-30-2013, 03:28 AM   #255
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,283
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Sunday morning! Ahhhhhh a glimmer of back in the routine! The girls are still sleeping and I have a bit of morning quiet time.

Tiny - you are doing great!

Krissakris - I have done Callenatics too. It is fantastic! I want to start it again - I even got my book out! But so far I haven't done much with it. Not only do I want the look the exercise programs gives - I need to stretch my body!
Mim is offline  
Old 06-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
And yay I'm wearing a dress I got at h+m yesterday in a size 10! I got three and only one didn't fit so I'm a happy girl. The last sz 12 I brought from there ripped at the hip last year lol.
Woot WOOT!!!!!!!! you go girl!!!!!! So happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Thanks for the working out advice. What is your squat challenge? My jiggly fat thighs need some help! lol

Congrats with the size 10. I can not wait to get there. it has been so long I can't even fathom. I got to a size 14 almost 12 about 5 years ago and then I gained the weight back. Dumb me! I will get there again...
{{{{{{Bratty}}}}}} you'll get there, honey! And we will celebrate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2change View Post
So today is my official start of Stillmans. I weighed in at 160.8. Weight keeps going up and down a lb. So far I have had a can of tuna and a couple small chicken breasts. I think dinner will be fish since I am making fried fish for the bf. I am going to have to precook to make this work. I am so lazy on my first day off of the week. I didn't eat anything until one o'clock. Being in ketosis already probably helps keep the hunger at bay. I haven't worked out yet which was on the agenda but who knows.
T2C!!!!!!!!! you will love it here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
ROFL, I love it Krissakris. Very funny and cute cats too. Sorry you're allergic to them, I lub cats and puppies, but can't keep a pup right now, have two cats already.

Thanks for the cats, CCG. Maybe your mom needs one.
LMAO how do you think I got to be a crazy cat lady?? I learned from her example!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
You're welcome, CCG. Maybe you need to give her a chill pill. teasing. Ask her what's really wrong; sounds like something underlying issue with her. She trusted you and stuff before, talk with her if she'll listen. Hope it gets better. Mae
PS, thanks for the post.
still hanging in there. I think it's been the stress and huge outlays of cash getting the duplex ready to sell.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Hi everybody! You know, I just wanted to give props to Stillman's in general. I have by no means followed it diligently. I do a few days clean, and then drink wine and binge, etc. But even so, I have lost almost 20 lbs since Mother's Day. I was on my way to obesity, and now I'm only 4 pounds from a normal BMI. So, it works for me!!!
LOL Tiny it sounds like we are on the same plan, except it's vodka tonics this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Saturday evening, friends! I'm sorry I've been unable to post. Life has been hectic. I am not in the waiting period with the new position. I'm going to try my best to get and stay on plan and to exercise. It is so hard when I'm not following a typical schedule. And now I've got my three grandgirls with me for the week. I'm going to enjoy them but finding time to dedicate to exercise will be hard. But I'll feel better for it - especially in this time of waiting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Sunday morning! Ahhhhhh a glimmer of back in the routine! The girls are still sleeping and I have a bit of morning quiet time.

Tiny - you are doing great!

Krissakris - I have done Callenatics too. It is fantastic! I want to start it again - I even got my book out! But so far I haven't done much with it. Not only do I want the look the exercise programs gives - I need to stretch my body!
MIM! So glad to hear from you! So, no go on the job or are you in a holding pattern?
Enjoy the girls!


Whew! DH and I stripped out about six wheelbarrows of nasy from the horse stalls and then refilled with clean sand.

Tuesday will be five weeks since he ran over his foot while sitting on a garden tractor. The swelling and bruising was horrendous. He has been housebound since. Lots of ice packs and Aleve. Of course, he also has his Over the Moon Georgia moonshine. It does help.

Yesterday he was finally able to get a boot on and go to the chiropractor, who was amazed he did not go to the ER.

So I have the added workout of cleaning the horses every morning and tending to them, which is way cool cuz I need the excersize!

Happy Sunday y'all!
__________________
Laissez les bon temps rouler!!!!
If you can read this thank a teacher; since you are reading it in English, thank a veteran.
“Enjoy the little things, for some day you may look back and realize they were the big things” – Robert Brault
CCGirl is offline  
Old 06-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member
 
bcgrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 289
Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

I am going through my books and getting rid of a lot. Does anyone want a copy of the Stillman's diet? PM me and I will send it to you.
bcgrown is offline  
Old 07-01-2013, 05:45 AM   #258
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,283
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Monday morning! We had an impromptu picnic yesterday at a friend's house and got in late. The girls slept in and we are having a very slow start.

CC- I'm in a holding pattern. The system requires some hoops to jump through so it may be two weeks before I hear from them.
Mim is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:05 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.