Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
Thanks for the warning. I will be sure not to overdo it too much on Wednesday! Though I am going to have a bun for my hamburger! And Gouda cheese with fennel. I am not having fries or potatoes.

It's funny you know. Before - like a couple of months ago - I would say let loose! Have the fries, have the bun, have the cake. It's my birthday, have a blast. Now I say moderation. Things are working for me so don't screw it up!
I know what you mean. Despite me gaining my weight back over and over. My eating habits and way of thinking have changed so much. I know myself SO much better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Hey Bratty & BCG. I so agree with you both. You enjoy the bun and burger BC, sounds good. We'll all do well. Sometimes you gotta have a little something different to keep you on your plan; occasionally I do have mayo with my boiled eggs or dijon and mayo sauce to give it a little zing, for example. Just something to spark the same ol same ol. Keeps me going the rest of the week and happy with what I eat. Good luck on the weight loss, but even better on the life style changes. We can all do this. Happy Sunday, be blessed all this coming week. Mae
I do the same thing. Amazing what an occasional add to your food can do mentally to keep you on plan.

I have had a rough day on plan. I have talked myself out of cheating so many times today. I decided to have higher calories for dinner in the hopes that it will keep me sane the rest of the day. Hamburger on the grill with melted cheddar. Yum!
One day at a time...I can do one day! I just have to say this each day.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
oops forgot to throw out happy birthday wishes! sorry!

mmmmmm grilled burger mmmmmmm

have a gr8 nite y'all!
Old 06-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Why oh why are the summers so challenging?!? I ate out five times this week, and I'm hoping this is just an isolated event. After a week from hell at work which included getting my period, I ended up switching to Atkin/lc and I felt so much better. I think tweaking is a mist for me during that Tom-I def needed more far bc overnight I felt less foggy. The week days are easy for me at work, but I'm def going to have to commit to exercise five days a week and maybe one day of higher fat over the weekend and a veggie day during the week if I have plans after work. I'm a perfectionis by nature so I feel like I have to daily remind myself that even if I'm eating off plan I'm still progressing in the right direction. I'm not eating processed food or junk or drinking alcohol.

I finally put most of my colder clothes away and I'm proud to say in the smallest I've been in years. I know I did still mans last summer but stuff was still Tight before I thre in the towel. This time around I'm solidly in a 12 and tightly zipping 10s!

I'm trying to motivate myself fitness wise, but I can't seem to find a program I can get excited about.

Here's to a great week xo
Old 06-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I know what you mean. Despite me gaining my weight back over and over. My eating habits and way of thinking have changed so much. I know myself SO much better.

I do the same thing. Amazing what an occasional add to your food can do mentally to keep you on plan.

I have had a rough day on plan. I have talked myself out of cheating so many times today. I decided to have higher calories for dinner in the hopes that it will keep me sane the rest of the day. Hamburger on the grill with melted cheddar. Yum!
I do this all the time!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:45 AM   #215
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Do some of you get tempted by all the talk of the importance of high fat on this board? If so, I thought I'd share my experience.

When I first started low carbing, I was having some gastrointestinal issues that seemed to be gall bladder, but all tests were negative. Since eating very low fat eliminated my symptoms my doctor suggest that I do that because he said that he'd seen problems like mine resolve in other patients after eating low fat for a while.

So I ate low carb, very low fat (basically Stillman's) for a couple of years. I lost fine (I'm post-menopausal and hypothyroid, so I lose very slowly), and what's also important is that my endo checks my blood (full panel) every 4 months, and I remained very health eating this way.

After a few years, I was able to eat more fat, but I remained moderate. That's how I felt best. I've read that 'older' women to best with lower fat, and that seems to be true for me.

I've been at goal for three years, and anytime I need to drop a couple of pounds because of overdoing it, lowering fat to Stillman level is what always works for me.

At least for me, low carb eating does not require high fat--in fact, if I increase fat, I gain.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #216
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stellastar81
Stats: 301/287/140
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: June 2013
Hi everyone,
I'm Stella, I have been on every diet under the sun Weight Watchers at 11 was my first experience. I can remember sitting in the basement of that church wondering why I was the only kid weighing in and getting my little booklet stamped, all the other kids (my brother and friends from my neighborhood) were playing outside, busy being kids. And that first experience with dieting has been a metaphor that has haunted me ever since. I am always on a diet while my friends and family are busy living life. I had great success on Atkins at 19 I lost 187pounds from 347 to 160 then again after my son I gained to 240 and lost 100 and got down to the smallest I've ever been 140 in a size 3 juniors thanks to Atkins, Windproof Pilates, Slim in 6, and Power 90( no X involved). I stayed that weight for 3 years then I get preggo again my ex had to have a little girl and low and behold we had 2! I gains 110 pounds during that pregnancy and did the same exact workouts and followed Atkins to the tee and I GAINED I got my tubes tied and I GAINED I switched to the Dukon Diet and I really GAINED! So now I'm trying stillmans and to my surprise I have lost 7 pounds in 4 days I am finally hopeful about the future again.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #217
Junior LCF Member

Sorry I ment Winsor and gained not Windproof and gains I hate auto correct
Old 06-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Today is week one for me. I have lost 7 pounds and I am the lowest weight I have been this year. Sooo happy! going to use it to keep me in line for another week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
Why oh why are the summers so challenging?!? I ate out five times this week, and I'm hoping this is just an isolated event. After a week from hell at work which included getting my period, I ended up switching to Atkin/lc and I felt so much better. I think tweaking is a mist for me during that Tom-I def needed more far bc overnight I felt less foggy. The week days are easy for me at work, but I'm def going to have to commit to exercise five days a week and maybe one day of higher fat over the weekend and a veggie day during the week if I have plans after work. I'm a perfectionis by nature so I feel like I have to daily remind myself that even if I'm eating off plan I'm still progressing in the right direction. I'm not eating processed food or junk or drinking alcohol.

I finally put most of my colder clothes away and I'm proud to say in the smallest I've been in years. I know I did still mans last summer but stuff was still Tight before I thre in the towel. This time around I'm solidly in a 12 and tightly zipping 10s!

I'm trying to motivate myself fitness wise, but I can't seem to find a program I can get excited about.

TOM is the worst. I know how food obsessed I get when it is around. It last at least a week and drives me insane. I hope it lets up for you soon! Sounds like you are handling it in the best way you can. You are progressing, that is fabulous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Do some of you get tempted by all the talk of the importance of high fat on this board? If so, I thought I'd share my experience.

When I first started low carbing, I was having some gastrointestinal issues that seemed to be gall bladder, but all tests were negative. Since eating very low fat eliminated my symptoms my doctor suggest that I do that because he said that he'd seen problems like mine resolve in other patients after eating low fat for a while.

So I ate low carb, very low fat (basically Stillman's) for a couple of years. I lost fine (I'm post-menopausal and hypothyroid, so I lose very slowly), and what's also important is that my endo checks my blood (full panel) every 4 months, and I remained very health eating this way.

After a few years, I was able to eat more fat, but I remained moderate. That's how I felt best. I've read that 'older' women to best with lower fat, and that seems to be true for me.

I've been at goal for three years, and anytime I need to drop a couple of pounds because of overdoing it, lowering fat to Stillman level is what always works for me.

At least for me, low carb eating does not require high fat--in fact, if I increase fat, I gain.
In the years I have been off and on Stillmans I have found that if I stay too low fat for more than a few days I stall. If I have a higher fat day it always gets the scale moving again.
By high fat I mean that I may have a 1/4 cup of melted cheddar on some ground beef. Or some sausage with a couple eggs for breakfast. Not an all day everyday thing. When i am on stillmans I try to eat as clean as possible and use the high fat days to help me along.

I have had times where I ate too much cheese over several days and that will make me gain despite it being no carb. Calories still play a roll in losing weight and if I eat too many the no carb diet doesn't do anything for me.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:

So feel for you, KrisaKris. I know you can do it. Finding what works for you or not getting bored with something is hard, but part of the journey; isn't it? Glad you are getting down in size. That's Let me know if there's anything I can help with. I know you'll find your way. Hugs. Mae
Old 06-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Today is week one for me. I have lost 7 pounds and I am the lowest weight I have been this year. Sooo happy! going to use it to keep me in line for another week.

TOM is the worst. I know how food obsessed I get when it is around. It last at least a week and drives me insane. I hope it lets up for you soon! Sounds like you are handling it in the best way you can. You are progressing, that is fabulous!

In the years I have been off and on Stillmans I have found that if I stay too low fat for more than a few days I stall. If I have a higher fat day it always gets the scale moving again.
By high fat I mean that I may have a 1/4 cup of melted cheddar on some ground beef. Or some sausage with a couple eggs for breakfast. Not an all day everyday thing. When i am on stillmans I try to eat as clean as possible and use the high fat days to help me along.

I have had times where I ate too much cheese over several days and that will make me gain despite it being no carb. Calories still play a roll in losing weight and if I eat too many the no carb diet doesn't do anything for me.

LEO: You gotta find the fat level that works for you. Some days I won't have any , other than a little mayo with some of my meat, or a half tsp in my eggs for flavor. Some butter here and there. Some days I've overdone it too; and yeah you have to often watch the calories. Even on LC it's not hard to overeat. MP

And if I missed anyone's:

I'm lucky not to have a TOM visitation anymore. . Bratty WTG on the weight loss, wtg!.

Last edited by maepowers; 06-24-2013 at 03:56 PM..
Old 06-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellastar81 View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm Stella, I have been on every diet under the sun Weight Watchers at 11 was my first experience. I can remember sitting in the basement of that church wondering why I was the only kid weighing in and getting my little booklet stamped, all the other kids (my brother and friends from my neighborhood) were playing outside, busy being kids. And that first experience with dieting has been a metaphor that has haunted me ever since. I am always on a diet while my friends and family are busy living life. I had great success on Atkins at 19 I lost 187pounds from 347 to 160 then again after my son I gained to 240 and lost 100 and got down to the smallest I've ever been 140 in a size 3 juniors thanks to Atkins, Windproof Pilates, Slim in 6, and Power 90( no X involved). I stayed that weight for 3 years then I get preggo again my ex had to have a little girl and low and behold we had 2! I gains 110 pounds during that pregnancy and did the same exact workouts and followed Atkins to the tee and I GAINED I got my tubes tied and I GAINED I switched to the Dukon Diet and I really GAINED! So now I'm trying stillmans and to my surprise I have lost 7 pounds in 4 days I am finally hopeful about the future again.
STELLARSTAR!! Glad to have you here. We so understand how you feel, the yo-yoing and such. Especially after having kids. Darn them, lol. Good luck on the knew journey, this time you'll keep it off! Great on losing 7 lbs in 4 days; awesome! Let us know your menu. We're here for support. THis is a fantastic group of people here. MP
Old 06-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

You'll do great, Bratty~somedays that's whatcha gotta do, one day at a time. Rooting for you. Enjoy a hamburger and cheddar if you need to.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
oops forgot to throw out happy birthday wishes! sorry!

mmmmmm grilled burger mmmmmmm

have a gr8 nite y'all!
HI CC Girl! Take it easy.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

awesome, you go girl!!!!!!!! So happy to see you getting back to that awesome bod!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post

tempted, yessiree........made a big plate of caprese salad....too hot to cook!

Low fat with gall bladder issues is a no brainer, but you will never find an MD that would recommend it.......doesn't make them any money!

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Quote:

what she said!

Quote:
HI CC Girl! Take it easy.
OMG my Mom is such a handful, now she's on the warpath with our broker and having a panic attack because we lost in the markets this week!

For God's sake, it's a week! A year from now, yeah, then there's a problem, but a week? You CAN'T watch your portfolio daily, it will drive you mad!

and we wonder why I drink
Old 06-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OMG my Mom is such a handful, now she's on the warpath with our broker and having a panic attack because we lost in the markets this week!

For God's sake, it's a week! A year from now, yeah, then there's a problem, but a week? You CAN'T watch your portfolio daily, it will drive you mad!

and we wonder why I drink
My In laws are the same way. Their retirement is all wrapped up in the market so they freak at every drop.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #226
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcome!
Okay so here's my menu I've been following I must warn you at the onset that I have a ravenous appetite, definitely not a shrinking violet when it comes to food. That being said I love this diet because like Atkins I AM NOT HUNGRY usually on a diet I feel like Ill faint from hunger every minute of the day. Alright yada yada yada enough blabbing on to the menu:
BREAKFAST
2-4 hard boiled cage free organic eggs
2tbsp of Mineral Rich (it makes my hair and nails grow crazy fast)
44oz of plain filter water (I actually found a use for the Viking sized cups you get in a large
combo at the movies)
LUNCH
4oz Applegate organic roast beef or Turkey
mustard on the side
4tbsp of farmer's cheese[html]
32oz of filtered water with Mio water enhancer
DINNER
12oz Whole Foods wild caught Key West shrimp
4tbsp Trader Joe's cocktail sauce
44oz filtered plain water
SNACKS
4Tbsp Farmer's Cheese
1 sugar free jello
That's what I've been eating Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

Last edited by Stellastar81; 06-25-2013 at 05:25 PM..
Old 06-26-2013, 04:30 AM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mmmmmm roast beef

menu looks good! keep posting!
Old 06-26-2013, 06:50 AM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome!
Okay so here's my menu I've been following I must warn you at the onset that I have a ravenous appetite, definitely not a shrinking violet when it comes to food. That being said I love this diet because like Atkins I AM NOT HUNGRY usually on a diet I feel like Ill faint from hunger every minute of the day. Alright yada yada yada enough blabbing on to the menu:
BREAKFAST
44oz of plain filter water (I actually found a use for the Viking sized cups you get in a large
combo at the movies)
LUNCH
mustard on the side
DINNER
SNACKS
4Tbsp Farmer's Cheese
1 sugar free jello
Yep, great looking menu. Especially if it is working for you. I am going to have to look into the Mineral Rich. I want my hair to grow faster.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome!
BREAKFAST
combo at the movies)
LUNCH
mustard on the side
DINNER
SNACKS
4Tbsp Farmer's Cheese
1 sugar free jello
sounds like a lot more than I could eat, but yummy too. Good luck with it, seems like you're doing pretty good.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yep, great looking menu. Especially if it is working for you. I am going to have to look into the Mineral Rich. I want my hair to grow faster.
Might have to try the mineral thingy too eventually. Glad it's all working for you too.

Had a smash bowl for lunch, will have one for dinner. Egg white omelet this morning. Making meatballs for tomorrow. Happy Wed eve all. Down 4.2 lbs today, went from 249.4 to 245.2 . Next Wed hoping to get under 240's. Night and hope the rest of your week is great. Mae
Old 06-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Might have to try the mineral thingy too eventually. Glad it's all working for you too.

Had a smash bowl for lunch, will have one for dinner. Egg white omelet this morning. Making meatballs for tomorrow. Happy Wed eve all. Down 4.2 lbs today, went from 249.4 to 245.2 . Next Wed hoping to get under 240's. Night and hope the rest of your week is great. Mae
What is a smash bowl?
Old 06-27-2013, 04:20 AM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG Mae!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #233
Senior LCF Member

TYTY CCGirl! Gonna try to get 5-6 more down by the 3rd, just before the holidays and it's a Wed, so a weigh in day. Don't just go by that, but so close to a small goal it can't hurt. LOL. Clothes are getting smaller too. So happy about that. Hope all is well with you.

Hello to everyone else also. Good luck on your plans and lifestyle changes. Have a glorious upcoming weekend.!
Old 06-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 06-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

just had to post that

thanks Mae for the well wishes.

Bratty, any advice on how to handle mom with the market dips? It's getting ugly. Six months ago she was so greived she told me 'you deal with it'. Now she's second guessing my actions and threatening to pull funding for my business. This over a temporary two thousand dollar loss in a two week period. Never mind we're up eleven thousand since December.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Love that picture. LOL

No advice here other than to tell her to chill don't let her look at it. heehehe It is normal to fluctuate. My inlaws lost so much money a few years ago when it all crashed but it has come back up. Sometimes it just takes a little time.

Mae, you can totally lose that much in a week. Keep at it! You are so encouraging. I hope you are able to reflect some of it on yourself.

I need to get my butt on the treadmill. I got it for my Bday in March and stuff keeps happening to keep me off it. I am feeling GREAT so I need to get with it.

Anyone else do any working out while on Stillman? Should I up my calories or should I just keep doing what I am doing?

On a side note... My kids and dogs are driving me nuts! Summer break ahhhh!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

On a side note... My mom and cats are driving me nuts! Summer break ahhhh!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
On a side note... My mom and cats are driving me nuts! Summer break ahhhh!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 06:21 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Love that picture. LOL

No advice here other than to tell her to chill don't let her look at it. heehehe It is normal to fluctuate. My inlaws lost so much money a few years ago when it all crashed but it has come back up. Sometimes it just takes a little time.

Mae, you can totally lose that much in a week. Keep at it! You are so encouraging. I hope you are able to reflect some of it on yourself.

I need to get my butt on the treadmill. I got it for my Bday in March and stuff keeps happening to keep me off it. I am feeling GREAT so I need to get with it.

Anyone else do any working out while on Stillman? Should I up my calories or should I just keep doing what I am doing?

On a side note... My kids and dogs are driving me nuts! Summer break ahhhh!!!
I work out even though I'm having a slightly lazy streak. I'm sticking w my squat challenge and up to 140 squats so I'm going to cut mysel some slack lol. I say if you don't feel tired or even of you do jump on the treadmill for 20mins. It'll actually refresh you. You can also try working out first thing in the am. It Gould help burn more calories/fat since you're in a fasted state.

Sorry for my lack of posts. I'm still low carbing but I'm going to stick w Atkins/bfc until Monday. I've failed to plan which screwed me up entirely. I'm adding in more walking so I think it balances out.

I can't believe it's almost July! Anyone have any fun plans for the fourth?
Old 06-28-2013, 06:22 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member

And yay I'm wearing a dress I got at h+m yesterday in a size 10! I got three and only one didn't fit so I'm a happy girl. The last sz 12 I brought from there ripped at the hip last year lol.
Closed Thread