Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 05:14 AM   #151
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Saturday morning! MMS I don't have specific recipes to share but I do know that if I keep thinks very tasty - not bland I do better. I put salsa on my scrambled eggs, the lowest carb spaghetti sauce/pizza sauce I can find on my chicken and ground beef. I use celery in my tuna 'cause the crunch helps.

I've got several projects to keep me occupied. I need to stain the porch - a big wrap around, clean out my car - i.e. empty it, vacuum, wipe hard surfaces, plant the flowers that are still in the crates, and work on the storage unit. The last bits of stuff I put in there are not really packed or organized. I just needed to get them out of the townhouse! Of course all of these projects do not need to be completed today, but I need to do something! So, happy Saturday everyone!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2013, 05:59 AM   #152
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Newjulie
Thanks makemeslim; Im eating the basic protein with Jay Robb protein shakes added for sanity. I was losing at a good clip then I had 1 piece of light Baby Bell cheese and the action slooooowwweeedd way down. Then added the reduced sugar Ketchup and it stopped. I dont know if I will continue to use Stillman as a tool, a day or two a week for a little push.
There are a bunch of recipes on here but most of them veer off into Atkins. I will look around and post if I find a good one. I use Lemon and capers for flavor.

Do any of you have a backlash when coming off of Stillman???? Im afraid to get on the scale today
Old 06-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Happy Saturday! Found this great quote and had to share

"When you train and eat because you love your body, not because you hate it, you are far more likely to attain sustainable results and ultimately, a peaceful way of living.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:35 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
Happy Saturday! Found this great quote and had to share

"When you train and eat because you love your body, not because you hate it, you are far more likely to attain sustainable results and ultimately, a peaceful way of living.
How nice. Will try and remember this one.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newjulie View Post
Thanks makemeslim; Im eating the basic protein with Jay Robb protein shakes added for sanity. I was losing at a good clip then I had 1 piece of light Baby Bell cheese and the action slooooowwweeedd way down. Then added the reduced sugar Ketchup and it stopped. I dont know if I will continue to use Stillman as a tool, a day or two a week for a little push.
There are a bunch of recipes on here but most of them veer off into Atkins. I will look around and post if I find a good one. I use Lemon and capers for flavor.

Do any of you have a backlash when coming off of Stillman???? Im afraid to get on the scale today
I lost 50lbs on Stillmans but it only truly happened when I ditched the scales... A hard thing to do. Thing is you can stall for a few days then have a large drop literally over night. I'm going to start a Stillman's challenge (keep me accountable) for 10 clean days. I will only weigh at the beginning and end. Wish me luck!
Old 06-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I lost 50lbs on Stillmans but it only truly happened when I ditched the scales... A hard thing to do. Thing is you can stall for a few days then have a large drop literally over night. I'm going to start a Stillman's challenge (keep me accountable) for 10 clean days. I will only weigh at the beginning and end. Wish me luck!
The scale is the worst. I've been losing weight since jan and as I get back into my old clothes I'm so curious-but I know I'll be stuck in my head. I've been training myself to have the # not matter. And it shouldn't. If you feel good you look good
Old 06-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
The scale is the worst. I've been losing weight since jan and as I get back into my old clothes I'm so curious-but I know I'll be stuck in my head. I've been training myself to have the # not matter. And it shouldn't. If you feel good you look good
Totally!! I could not agree more. Once we have faith that the plan works it does just that. I've had to remind myself of a few things today. My head is in a much better place now, I can actually smell success!
Old 06-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #158
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WannabeElegant
Stats: 195/182.82/145
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: May 27 th, 2013
I am so happyh! I am down to 182.82 .. Thats a total loss in 2.6 weeks of 12.2 lbs. VERY HAPPY!! Next goal is to get into the 170's ...

Hope all are doing well.

the greatest thing about this diet (been strict for 3 weeks now) is that i have little hunger and almost no cravingts. Orf course cooking lovely meals for my hubby is tricky and I occasionally have to taste... just the tiny tip of the spoon .. but so far I am managing. Hope everyone is doing well!

I have also learned that in a restaurant, you can order grilled filet of fish .. or shrimps and no one notices (or bugs you) that you are on a diet. You can ask for 'grilled with no oil.."or even a tiny bit of oil .. doesnt seem to make a difference. I aslo tell waiter.. "pleawse no bread".. \

In fact, I read recently that bread before a meal - ENCOURAGES over eating (that wheat addiction thing..) which of course is why restaurants put it on the table. Apparently people order (and pay!) 25% MORE if they consume the bread.

Amazing huh?> That wheat ... is a problem
Old 06-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Hi All

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeElegant View Post
I am so happyh! I am down to 182.82 .. Thats a total loss in 2.6 weeks of 12.2 lbs. VERY HAPPY!! Next goal is to get into the 170's ...

Hope all are doing well.

the greatest thing about this diet (been strict for 3 weeks now) is that i have little hunger and almost no cravingts. Orf course cooking lovely meals for my hubby is tricky and I occasionally have to taste... just the tiny tip of the spoon .. but so far I am managing. Hope everyone is doing well!

I have also learned that in a restaurant, you can order grilled filet of fish .. or shrimps and no one notices (or bugs you) that you are on a diet. You can ask for 'grilled with no oil.."or even a tiny bit of oil .. doesnt seem to make a difference. I aslo tell waiter.. "pleawse no bread"..

In fact, I read recently that bread before a meal - ENCOURAGES over eating (that wheat addiction thing..) which of course is why restaurants put it on the table. Apparently people order (and pay!) 25% MORE if they consume the bread.

Amazing huh?> That wheat ... is a problem
Wannabe: Congrats on the weight loss. Yeah it's so hard not to taste something when you're trying a recipe or cooking for someone else. Wheat can be a problem for some, that's for sure. Good luck on your plan.

Hello to everyone else, sorry haven't posted much lately, but I'm still around. Good luck to every one also. Best to you, Mae.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #160
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiny
Stats: 166/147/127 - 5' 4" - 50 yo
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marieti View Post
Ahhhh, that Kendall Jackson is a friend of mine, too. Sure am missing that guy! He never disappoints and always brings a great time
Old 06-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #161
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiny
Stats: 166/147/127 - 5' 4" - 50 yo
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 12, 2013
So, lost 14 pounds between Mother's Day and Father's Day. Not too bad, but it could have been more that's for sure. Back at it now. Makemeslim, I joined you in your 10 day challenge. Hope that's okay. I have less than four weeks till my college and family reunion and really want to slim down as much as possible. I already feel so much better with what I've lost so far, I know I will feel great by the time I get on the plane.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:27 AM   #162
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday morning! I've started to lose the few that I gained! I'm going to continue the Atkins way until I get back on the 28th. I'll decide then how to proceed - it will depend on how successful I was at staying on plan while away.

Tiny - congratulations on the 15 pounds! Well done! You will feel so confident at the reunion!

Mae - how are you doing?

Wannabe - you are dong great! Losing weight and enjoying life! Way to go!

Kriss - I love the quote. Thank you for sharing it.

I'm off to get ready. Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 06-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Hiya peeps, sorry to be AWOL, studying for the move.......any opinions on Dunnellon or Ocala (west of I75) will be appreciated, thanks.

I am risking it but finally putting away winter coats and jackets.......watch me jynx things and we get a freeze
Old 06-17-2013, 03:52 AM   #164
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Monday morning! Well, I know what the itinerary will be for my interview. Some of the committee will show me around town, show me the church and the church house and then we will all meet for dinner where I will proceed to get spinach stuck in my teeth and spill my dinner all over my clothes! CC what fun to look for and find your home! I've only done that once. All the rest of the time I've lived in the house the church provides. That is kinda fun too!

I had been dairy free and then added some cheese back in and now I can say that really need to stay away from dairy! I didn't notice the effects so much when I was including dairy, but once I took it out of my diet and then added it back in, I can tell a big difference. So, out it will go!

I'm heading out to get the AC fixed in my car. I did with out it last summer but I just can't face doing it again this summer.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:16 AM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim, good luck on the interview, I'm sure they will love you! and yay on fixing the a/c!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 05:55 AM   #166
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 219/212.6/170
WOE: Stillmans/Atkins
Start Date: 02/16/2013
Hi, I'm a newbie.

Question: has anyone had probs with turkey bacon for breakfast?
Old 06-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Thank You One and All

I want to thank all of you for your support and prayers for my father. He goes home from the hospital tomorrow.

Last Monday I went for my yearly physical, Tuesday I had blood tests, today I met with my doctor to go over the tests. The conclusion? I am too fat. I already figured that out. LOL. He suggested this new weight medication (I am borderline diabetic) and I researched it. My extended health plan will cover 80% of it but when I called the pharmacy they told me it was $185 and that would even cover a month! So I will do what I had planned.

Starting June 30, I am starting an intense 25 week program. Walking/running twice a day, weights every day, very low carbs, high protein and vegies. Lots of water, no booze, no pop, only healthy stuff. This time I will do it!

You guys must be so sick of me saying that I am going to do this. But I am trying.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
I want to thank all of you for your support and prayers for my father. He goes home from the hospital tomorrow.

Last Monday I went for my yearly physical, Tuesday I had blood tests, today I met with my doctor to go over the tests. The conclusion? I am too fat. I already figured that out. LOL. He suggested this new weight medication (I am borderline diabetic) and I researched it. My extended health plan will cover 80% of it but when I called the pharmacy they told me it was $185 and that would even cover a month! So I will do what I had planned.

Starting June 30, I am starting an intense 25 week program. Walking/running twice a day, weights every day, very low carbs, high protein and vegies. Lots of water, no booze, no pop, only healthy stuff. This time I will do it!

You guys must be so sick of me saying that I am going to do this. But I am trying.
Life happens just keep trying to make the best choices. I know it took me years to get my head back on straight. The support is always here
Old 06-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Good luck, rooting for you. Might do it too, on M/E right now, close enough, lol.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

We're here for you BC!

Quote:

That's rediculous to pay that much. You can do this on your own. I believe in you. Try not to overdo, but have faith in you. Good luck. Darn doctors, duh yeah we're overweight thanks for pointing that out. lol
Old 06-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Life happens just keep trying to make the best choices. I know it took me years to get my head back on straight. The support is always here
Krisakris: yeps so true, been there done that, back on track to stay. We're very supportive of each other, that really helps one another. Always a welcome open arm place here. Choices that feel right for us is correct. We can all do this and other things in live. Mae
Old 06-18-2013, 04:31 AM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

bc, if that's all the doc had to say I would be celebrating...........every day is a gift.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:44 AM   #173
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Tuesday morning! I continue to chug along with bits of weight loss. But i feel good and did I mention that I am getting smaller?

BC - I will never tire of you saying you can do it. We are here to support you as you support us. It is pretty obvious that most of us don't just do it, we have fits and starts and bumps - but we keep on keeping on!
Old 06-18-2013, 05:06 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Tuesday morning! I continue to chug along with bits of weight loss. But i feel good and did I mention that I am getting smaller?

BC - I will never tire of you saying you can do it. We are here to support you as you support us. It is pretty obvious that most of us don't just do it, we have fits and starts and bumps - but we keep on keeping on!
Feelinggood and getting smaller is all that matters! Keep it up
Old 06-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Starting today. I plan to stay clean clean clean for 2 weeks. I feel like a bloated can of biscuits. I did not read all of this month, just the last couple of pages. I will catch up later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
So, lost 14 pounds between Mother's Day and Father's Day. Not too bad, but it could have been more that's for sure. Back at it now. Makemeslim, I joined you in your 10 day challenge. Hope that's okay. I have less than four weeks till my college and family reunion and really want to slim down as much as possible. I already feel so much better with what I've lost so far, I know I will feel great by the time I get on the plane.
That is a great number. Definitely better than a gain!
Quote:

I promise none of us is sick of hearing you say you are going to do it. I have been YoYoing with this diet for 5-6 years. That is sad but it is what it is. I know that one of the times I start it, I will succeed. I have learned a lot about myself in that time. Priceless information.
You can do this.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 06-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
bc, if that's all the doc had to say I would be celebrating...........every day is a gift.
I thought the report was great - my cholesterol levels are all good, my blood sugar is borderline diabetic but all I have to do is get the weight down. He lectured me on that but I have already started working on it. I am not upset - when I go in for my flu shot in October he is going to get a big surprise!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Starting today. I plan to stay clean clean clean for 2 weeks. I feel like a bloated can of biscuits. I did not read all of this month, just the last couple of pages. I will catch up later!

I promise none of us is sick of hearing you say you are going to do it. I have been YoYoing with this diet for 5-6 years. That is sad but it is what it is. I know that one of the times I start it, I will succeed. I have learned a lot about myself in that time. Priceless information.
You can do this.
Thanks. I am going to work hard this week until my birthday next week and see how much I can lose in one week. Then, starting the 30th, I will know what to aim for.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post

I know what to do, I just have to do it.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post

You can do this.
SO true BrattyS! That's part of the journey, feel for ya and been there myself at one time or two or another,
BC, You can do it gal, not tired of hearing about it, A WOE is a Woe is me and my pals. lol. Good luck.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I know what to do, I just have to do it.
PS, BC, yes you know what to do, so quit standing or sitting in your way! *Big tease, Bad Mae*
Closed Thread