Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Won't bore you with my usual story. Hope everyone is doing well. Turan, hope you are feeling better. Mim, congrats on the steady losses. Hey CC.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #122
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Newjulie
Mim; You'll get there!
makemeslim Ummm...I'm new here - not sure what's up...

AFM...Gosh its only day 3 and I am already thinking about salads and Fuji apples! I will be doing my best to knuckle thru. I can do anything for the short term - can't I??? When the scale goes down its very motivating! In the meantime, I JUST got 2 invites for dinner (restaurant) family celebrations for this week. I picked this week to start bc I had nothing like that on my calendar. Gotta roll with it...
Old 06-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #123
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Marieti
Checking in!

Happy Sunday to you all! I've read through everyone's posts...great job to the steady "losers" and for those of you who have tripped up, I'm with you, sadly. In not too bummed though. I have not been working out, so this week I'm going to add that in. I had a bud light at the baseball game on Thursday and as expected saw a 0.8 weight gain the following day so I promised that I would not drink anymore. Went to another game Sat. Night then out to the bars...no alcohol, buuut, I figured two brats without bun and jalape˝os was a good compromise. Then I screwed up and had a grilled chicken breast with jalape˝os and cheese with a side salad with ranch. It was soooo delicious. I've never enjoyed a salad more in my life. Drank diet coke all night. Could have screwed up more, but nonetheless I'm back up to 192.6 (Thursday morn I was 191.4). Went for a 4 mi. Walk today and ate 100% on plan. I'm definitely in full blown keyosis love those ketostix! So I think exercise is key and if I screw up, let it be with salad and fat, not bread and sweets and alcohol that would have knocked me wayyy out of ketosis.

What do you all think of diet pop? I know I'm having too much, so have to cut it down. Any recommendations on an amount to not go over? I really want 2 cans a day, but am worried that's going to hold me back.

Also, is it really that bad to use a little olive oil on my tilapia so the seasonings have something to stick to? Any alternatives would be appreciated!

I'm wishing us all great weight loss this week! 180s, here I come!

"Failures do what is tension-relieving while winners do what is goal-achieving." Dennis Waitley
Old 06-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #124
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Hi all. I have been a complete slug and off plan for an entire week. It all started with a trip to the mall last saturday. I didn't bring any food with, then was basically off plan every night since, spending time with my good friend Kendall Jackson. Haven't gained too much, but sad to have thrown away a week, especially with my college and family reunion coming up in a month.

Anyone care to give me a good swift kick in the ass?
Ahhhh, that Kendall Jackson is a friend of mine, too. Sure am missing that guy! He never disappoints and always brings a great time
Old 06-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #125
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saudade View Post
Hi everyone! Thought I'd check in...I did really well for my first week and was losing 1-2 lbs per day and consistently in ketosis (I'm checking with Ketostix) and then last last night or this morning, I woke to go to the bathroom and I suddenly felt really hungry! I was sleepy and ate a banana and then it was like that bit of carb and sugary fruit made me feel MORE hungry and since I'd already blown it, I had a whole wheat waffle with butter and real maple syrup. Knocked myself right out of ketosis. I hope it doesn't take long to get back in!

@NewJulie- I agree with you about the crap in processed foods. This is why I always keep to a mostly whole foods, organic diet. I do buy the shredded cheese sometimes for convenience though. The I have contains potato starch and cellulose powder, but it says it has no carbs per 1/4 cup, but I don't believe that.
OMG....waffles, butter, real maple syrup! I'm drooling! The banana made me crave banana pan lakes with peanut butter on them. Oh and how about some fried chicken over waffles with syrup? (Just tried that southern gem two months ago and it, oh so conveniently, decided to renter my mind....

It's ok skinny will be worth it!

Good luck this week!!
Old 06-10-2013, 04:27 AM   #126
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Monday morning! Ooops, I had off plan last night. I was kidnapped by friends for an evening of fun and I willingly went along. Yes the scale is up today but it will be back off by Wednesday. And did I mention that I had fun? I am right back on plan today.

MMS - so good to see you! How's life?

Marieti, I gave up diet soda and feel much better for it. I'm ot sure how ie affected my weight loss when I drank it often. I will still have an occasional diet dark stuff (whichever brand the restaurant serves) when I'm out and don't want coffee.

Use the fats you cook with sparingly. There is nothing wrong with using a bit of olive oil to tood your fish. At least I don't think so.

I've got a long day at the office so I best get moving! Did I mention that I had run last night? I am feeling energized and renewed. And the slight weight gain will be gone soon because I'm very motivated to get this weight off.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #127
Junior LCF Member

Marieti;Hi! Are you doing Stillman or low carb? On Stillman I am able to use PAM spray. They have an Olive Oil type that is great for cooking. I even use it on salads with lemon when I am having them. YUM! If it is slowing my losses, I really cant tell. But I can accept the trade off. I read SOOOO much info on how bad even 1 diet soda a day can be... so I cut them out for a while... felt a big detox. Lately I have added them in again. I needed the pick me up --- now having 1 d coke and 1 d sprite a day. probably too much but I will keep it for now. Glad you are back on track and GREAT job on the exercise!

Mim;Glad you had fun!!! You sound ready to rock n roll

AFM... very happy with results so far ---another 1.2 is gone/almost 5 lbs in 3 days! I had shakes yesterday and they dont seem to be interfering.
Although how could you tell what you would have weighed if you didnt have something....hmmm??? The most significant thing is I got thru a weekend LOSING weight! Thats typically my downfall time.
Have a great day, everyone!
Old 06-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Hey all. Just peeking in on you guys.

Last month I woke up one night with the worst stomach ache I have ever had. I was actually crying. After 2 days and 3 nights of no sleep. (the pain had also moved to my side) I went to the ER. I was in the hospital for 5 days. They took out my appendix hoping it would be the cause. I had nothing wrong with my blood work and everything looked great on CT. They said my appendix was a little inflamed when they took it out. Who knows.... Those 5 days in the hospital were confusing. I do not even think the different departments were talking to each other. I had general surgery (for appendectomy) and GI (for endoscopy) transport try to pick me up for a procedure at the same time. They actually fought over who was going to take me. Ridiculous...

My side stopped hurting as bad but remained really sore for a couple of weeks. I have just felt normal the last week. Needless to say I have not been on plan but have managed to lose 10 pounds in the last month.

Not sure when or even IF I will get back on Stills but I wanted to come in, say hi and let you know why I have not been around. I have missed you guys.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 06-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #129
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post

Last month I woke up one night with the worst stomach ache I have ever had. I was actually crying. After 2 days and 3 nights of no sleep. (the pain had also moved to my side) I went to the ER. I was in the hospital for 5 days. They took out my appendix hoping it would be the cause. I had nothing wrong with my blood work and everything looked great on CT. They said my appendix was a little inflamed when they took it out. Who knows.... Those 5 days in the hospital were confusing. I do not even think the different departments were talking to each other. I had general surgery (for appendectomy) and GI (for endoscopy) transport try to pick me up for a procedure at the same time. They actually fought over who was going to take me. Ridiculous...

My side stopped hurting as bad but remained really sore for a couple of weeks. I have just felt normal the last week. Needless to say I have not been on plan but have managed to lose 10 pounds in the last month.

Not sure when or even IF I will get back on Stills but I wanted to come in, say hi and let you know why I have not been around. I have missed you guys.

Bratty! So glad to see you! I've been wondering how you are doing. I'm glad you are feeling better but sorry you have been through so much. Stay with us - even if you are not doing stills, you are still our friend! Besides, many of us are not doing stills exactly!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newjulie View Post
Hey There!

CCGirl; Do we have a Ralph Lauren abuse problem???

Make it a great day!!!
busted!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Won't bore you with my usual story. Hope everyone is doing well. Turan, hope you are feeling better. Mim, congrats on the steady losses. Hey CC.
{{{{{{{{{{{MMS}}}}}}}}}}

Quote:

{{{{{{{{{{Bratty}}}}}}}}}} OMG you poor kid!

raining all day.......great, I can mow later in the week, love the workout!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:46 AM   #131
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Tuesday morning! Ok, I've got it out of my system now. I'll be on plan from here on out. I can't stand the way I feel. I've got an early visit this morning so I must get going. Happy Tuesday!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:31 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mim; You'll get there!
makemeslim Ummm...I'm new here - not sure what's up...

AFM...Gosh its only day 3 and I am already thinking about salads and Fuji apples! I will be doing my best to knuckle thru. I can do anything for the short term - can't I??? When the scale goes down its very motivating! In the meantime, I JUST got 2 invites for dinner (restaurant) family celebrations for this week. I picked this week to start bc I had nothing like that on my calendar. Gotta roll with it...
Hello Newjulie... Nothing up really. Been having a hard time sticking to plan and keep disappearing! I'm all good now... I'm doing Stillman's, South Beach and Dukan. I decide depending how I feel on the day. Sunday was a Dukan day, Monday a Stillman day and today a South Beach day (I don't eat nuts or beans though). I'll aim for a Stillman day tomorrow but if I don't feel up to it I'll do one of the others. Its only been a few days but this way of thinking seems to be working for me. I like the freedom of it and the SB days really feel like a treat.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:39 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Monday morning! Ooops, I had off plan last night. I was kidnapped by friends for an evening of fun and I willingly went along. Yes the scale is up today but it will be back off by Wednesday. And did I mention that I had fun? I am right back on plan today.

MMS - so good to see you! How's life?

Marieti, I gave up diet soda and feel much better for it. I'm ot sure how ie affected my weight loss when I drank it often. I will still have an occasional diet dark stuff (whichever brand the restaurant serves) when I'm out and don't want coffee.

Use the fats you cook with sparingly. There is nothing wrong with using a bit of olive oil to tood your fish. At least I don't think so.

I've got a long day at the office so I best get moving! Did I mention that I had run last night? I am feeling energized and renewed. And the slight weight gain will be gone soon because I'm very motivated to get this weight off.
Hey Mim, I'm good thank you. Glad to see you are in such high spirits, those pounds will melt away!

Last edited by makemeslim; 06-11-2013 at 05:53 AM..
Old 06-11-2013, 05:45 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Hey Bratty's, sorry to hear about your surgery. Glad you are feeling better now. 10lbs lost.... I never knew the appendix could weigh so much! Just me being silly... Congrats on the loss and like I said, I'm really glad you are feeling better. x
Old 06-11-2013, 05:50 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Test post
Old 06-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #136
Junior LCF Member

BrattyS; Hope you are all better ASAP!
makemeslim;I get it! I do that too In the past I would start out in a stillman day and morph into an Atkins day bc I just have to have a salad! I lost a bunch of weight on HCG but cant seem to keep it off. I am on Stillman now trying to create a significant drop. so far ...so good!

AFM... down .6 for yesterday. I had 1 oz lite cheese last night and it appears to have slowed things down a little. Will cut that out today and see if I can get back to a higher loss. I dont know if I can keep with Stillman for the long term and I have a cpl dinners this weekend to get thru - Atkins for sure- we'll see after that.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Hey guys! Just checking in. I've made my way back to the gym finally and I'm feeling really good. I had some junk on Sunday-a bit of depressed emotional eating, but I'm back on track. Last week was a challenge for me, but I did well overall. I'm trying to focus on progress over perfection so some weeks may not be perfect, but in the larger sense I've been consistent w my diet and exercise so I refuse to fret over an off plan food. I've been very careful to not get crazy w anything that will trigger fcravings like sugar, pasta or rice. How this nyer hasn't been tempted w pizza is proof of how effective this plan is. More and more of my clothes are fitting/looser and I owe it all to dukan style eatin since I only worked out 3 times in may not including my daily walks to/from work.

I'm now trying to figure out a workout plan for the next few months or so. I should be at my tw by labor day, but I'm not weighing in lol. I find it better that way. I got a book called drop 2 sizes and tho I'm unsure which plan is best for me to stick w -I like the idea of tw jeans being the barometer. When I can fit back in those jeans and leave my house will be my tw and hopefully the # won't matter!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Dukan

Quote:
BrattyS; Hope you are all better ASAP!
makemeslim;I get it! I do that too In the past I would start out in a stillman day and morph into an Atkins day bc I just have to have a salad! I lost a bunch of weight on HCG but cant seem to keep it off. I am on Stillman now trying to create a significant drop. so far ...so good!

AFM... down .6 for yesterday. I had 1 oz lite cheese last night and it appears to have slowed things down a little. Will cut that out today and see if I can get back to a higher loss. I dont know if I can keep with Stillman for the long term and I have a cpl dinners this weekend to get thru - Atkins for sure- we'll see after that.
Why not do a hybrid w dukan? I find I do more still man days but having more options gives u more wiggle room and peace of mind.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:39 AM   #139
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Wednesday morning! I'm back on plan. It was only a two day detour and I didn't do too much damage. But I did make a major purchase yesterday! I finally remembered to buy a razor! I can shave my legs and get a pedicure! It is the small things that make life worth living!
Old 06-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #140
Junior LCF Member

Hi krissakris;Progress over perfection is a great goal!!! look how far you have come --- you look terrific! Congrats on getting to the gym and thanks for the Dukan tip. I will look at it again. I read about it a long time ago but dismissed it for some reason. Does he allow caffeine? Maybe that was my issue... When I do Atkins, it is quite modified with much less fat.
Mim;YAY! for being back on plan. Enjoy the pedicure!

AFM - down 4 oz. Things have slowed down a little but still in the right direction. I was really stressed yesterday so that could explain it. And I ate later in the day and had less exercise so that all could have come together. looking to do better today.
How are you all doing with your goals????
Old 06-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

greetings, all! Sorry to be AWOL, but.......Mum will be listing the property in two weeks (so the realtor says) and I have been studying like mad where in FL we will land. My head is spinning with statistics.........

if anyone has suggestions/knowledge of the North Central Florida areas I am all ears. I want us to be west of I-75 somewhere in between Dunnellon and Lake City.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:01 AM   #142
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Thursday morning! How exciting, CC!

I'm really struggling but I am renewed today. I received an email this morning telling me I have a second interview! Now that's motivation! This one is in person! I had already formed a plan for today to get me going again, and now I'll stick to it!
Old 06-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Wow.

I am in my fourth week of doing a walk/run every morning. I walk a bit and run a bit. My weight was climbing so I took a week off of weighing myself. I lost four pounds since Monday. Hope it keeps up!

How is everyone doing? Turan? PP? Mim?

My dad is still in hospital - he was moved to a transitional care unit at UBC (University of British Columbia) and the doctors are meeting today to decide what happens with him. He may go home tomorrow. I hope he is ready at this time.

Sorry I haven't been around. I had a physical on Monday and my blood work Tuesday. Everything looks good - numbers are lower than two years ago - and I meet with my doc Monday to go over it.

Take care everyone!
Old 06-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #144
Junior LCF Member

Wow bcgrown; Thats great news! 4 lbs is a nice drop!!! Hope all goes well with your dad.
Mim;Good luck with the interview!

This will likely be my last day on Stillman as a weekly plan. Weigh in is tomorrow and I am hanging on by my knuckles till then.
Am switching over to Atkins for a few days bc I have dinners out and I know how to do them with Atkins. I just hope I dont see a big backlash. On Sunday, I will reevaluate and see where I want to go
I have been reading about Intermittent Fasting and have been flirting with it from time to time. When I was younger, I could (water) fast for 1 - 3 days without any issues. Its amazing how light you feel - literally. I couldnt get thru that now but I can manage a good part of the day. So much conflicting info out there. At the end of the day, we have to go by how we feel....
See you all tomorrow!
Old 06-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Thursday morning! How exciting, CC!

I'm really struggling but I am renewed today. I received an email this morning telling me I have a second interview! Now that's motivation! This one is in person! I had already formed a plan for today to get me going again, and now I'll stick to it!
excellent, congratulations Mim!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
I am in my fourth week of doing a walk/run every morning. I walk a bit and run a bit. My weight was climbing so I took a week off of weighing myself. I lost four pounds since Monday. Hope it keeps up!

How is everyone doing? Turan? PP? Mim?

My dad is still in hospital - he was moved to a transitional care unit at UBC (University of British Columbia) and the doctors are meeting today to decide what happens with him. He may go home tomorrow. I hope he is ready at this time.

Sorry I haven't been around. I had a physical on Monday and my blood work Tuesday. Everything looks good - numbers are lower than two years ago - and I meet with my doc Monday to go over it.

Take care everyone!
prayers for you and your Dad's and everyone's health!

Quote:
Wow bcgrown; Thats great news! 4 lbs is a nice drop!!! Hope all goes well with your dad.
Mim;Good luck with the interview!

This will likely be my last day on Stillman as a weekly plan. Weigh in is tomorrow and I am hanging on by my knuckles till then.
Am switching over to Atkins for a few days bc I have dinners out and I know how to do them with Atkins. I just hope I dont see a big backlash. On Sunday, I will reevaluate and see where I want to go
I have been reading about Intermittent Fasting and have been flirting with it from time to time. When I was younger, I could (water) fast for 1 - 3 days without any issues. Its amazing how light you feel - literally. I couldnt get thru that now but I can manage a good part of the day. So much conflicting info out there. At the end of the day, we have to go by how we feel....
See you all tomorrow!
NJ, whatever works! Keep us posted (pun intended)!

ahhh, yessss, another dreary rainy day in paradise.........NOT!
Old 06-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

I finally got back into my fitness groove-yay! Nothing really to add just super glad it's Friday. I discovered these chicken meatballs at whole foods that were awesome-I'm obsessed w them and they're only 4 carbs for 4 170cals can't remember the fat but it's ground chicken and super clean. There are no ingredients you csnt pronounce its chicken parm basil olive oil. I've found I'd rather enjoy my food than struggle w bland stuff.

I've been reading a lot of fitness books and I came across bob harpers jumps tart to skinny. I was thinking about trying 800 cals for three weeks-but it sounds like a better idea in my head than in reality. I don't believe in starvation so I'm not worried about that.

Last edited by krissakris; 06-13-2013 at 08:30 PM.. Reason: Add something
Old 06-14-2013, 03:55 AM   #147
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Friday morning! I actually exercised yesterday. And then I ate off plan in the evening. But I'm going to take care of that - I'm going to buy some higher fat food today. I'll eat higher fat until I'm solidly back on plan.

Krissakris - thanks for the chicken meatballs! If I get the church I will be interviewing with, I'll be close to a whole foods!

I've got to run to the store on my way to the office today - I need to buy a disc (pack) so I can burn something for a parishioner. Then I'm in the office and then to the grocery store and then home! And Saturday looks like a "me" day!
Old 06-14-2013, 05:54 AM   #148
Junior LCF Member

Happpyyy Friiidaaaayyy!
krissakris;Those meatballs sound great! I made some last night but I couldnt have one bc of the cheese and breadcrumbs in them... but gosh the house smelled sooo good! If you go to an 800 cal a day plan will you have enough energy to exercise? You sound great - in charge!
Mim;YAY for exercise! Enjoy your ME day tomorrow!

AFM... 1 wk done - down 7 lbs! YAY!
Oh how I wish it was more. Never satisfied.... I'd really like to lose another 30 lbs and I would still be overwt since I am 5'4" but I dont think I could maintain any lower. Dukan says to aim for 158 with my history. It was worth the deprivation to get back in the groove. But the lack of energy was a killer. OK there is an apple with my name on it. And I am craving a big bowl of salad with black olives ....YUUUMMMMM!
Old 06-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #149
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WannabeElegant
Stats: 195/182.82/145
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: May 27 th, 2013
Hello all .. I have been away for a while but am back. Wow - what a shcok. I went away for the weekend last week (acapulco - yes lovely, and close ish .. to mexico city) .. and stayed on plan, although had steak with fat on it, some fish grilled with oil etcetc.. Hard in restaurants to be completely good. And a few scotchs .. on the rocks. UP 4 lbs when I came home. Almost had a fit .. but got rid of them, and am down another (net) pound so am happy. Wow what a sticker shock though. Could it be the alcohol? the rest was protein - but yes, with a little fat. I was in purple stick ketosis the whole time... ugh .. Well, back to plan for this week. Want to loose at least 6 more lbs before next Sat., when I travel back to Canada to see my friends and family for a few weeks. THAT will be a challenge11
Old 06-15-2013, 01:52 AM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Hello, hope everyone is sticking to plan. 7lb is great Newjulie, keep it up. What are you eating? Good luck with the interview Mim and the house hunting CC. I've no clue about Florida as you may have guessed but hope you find what you are looking for. It sounds very exciting! Need to tart my food up to stop me from getting bored. Anyone have a recipe that they'd like to share??

Last edited by makemeslim; 06-15-2013 at 01:54 AM..
Closed Thread