Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 05:11 AM   #91
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Friday morning! I'm going to get my hair trimmed this morning. I am changing hair styles - going from short to long and from no bangs to bangs. My hair right now is at a length that is horrid. I hope to pass this soon! While I'm out and about I'm going to buy a razor - I can't find mine. And then I can shave my legs and get a pedicure! I broke my half pound loss routine and lost a whole pound! I hope that doesn't mean I don't lose anything tomorrow. But I'm in the grove and feeling good so all will be well. I have one appointment in early afternoon and then the rest of the day and all day tomorrow is mine to do with as I please! And it would please me to use the time to start exercising. Once I get started I'll do it routinely. It is always hard to get started!

And on that note - more coffee and a shower are in order!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #92
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Newjulie
bcgrown; Sorry about your brother. Is he doing better? Glad he has a sense of humor about it. That goes a really long way.
Mim;How do you go from short to long???? So good to take care of you!!! you are doing terrific!!! What kinds of things are you eating? Any tips? Supplements? Exercise is always good to do no matter what or when.

AFM... I'm ready to go!!!! My plans today were cancelled bc of the lovely rain sooooo I find myself with no dinners (out) planned for at least a week!!! So here I go. Have any of you incorporated a protein shake on this plan with success? I use Jay Robb whey protein - its only 1 carb and 0 sugar....very high quality. What do you guys think????
Are there any other adjustments you could make based on new (food) info? I used to be able to use Ketchup back in the day but I don't even use the low sugar kind now. I do want to maximize my losses but also want to make sure I can stick with it. HAPPY FRIDAY, EVERYONE!!!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
i need help, i'm trying low calories at 1230-1330 past days feel starving and hungrier and not losing,,,....

today gave into hunger or would be eating anything...

today plan and had so far/

bf- 4egg whites, 1 egg yolk, low fat mozzarella 2.5gram fat ..
diet soda

lunch- 3skinless drumsticks boiled n roasted, 2egg whites mozz low fat

snk- 4egg whites n 1egg whole scrambled n 1 mozz cheese

dinner- 4skinless drums, eggs 2 and whites with mozz 1
soda

well 1450 total more then past days but is this bad?
Old 06-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #94
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
i need help, i'm trying low calories at 1230-1330 past days feel starving and hungrier and not losing,,,....
today gave into hunger or would be eating anything...
today plan and had so far/
bf- 4egg whites, 1 egg yolk, low fat mozzarella 2.5gram fat ..
diet soda
lunch- 3skinless drumsticks boiled n roasted, 2egg whites mozz low fat
snk- 4egg whites n 1egg whole scrambled n 1 mozz cheese
dinner- 4skinless drums, eggs 2 and whites with mozz 1
soda
well 1450 total more then past days but is this bad?
Depends...eating cheese does not work for some of us. If you have yeast issues, it may kick up cravings and hunger. Try cutting it out and see how you feel --- sorry, its hard to give up. After a day or 2 if you feel better try adding back and oz or 2 at most and see how you feel. Do you know if you have any food sensitivities? Anything weird in the soda? Eat more fresh non processed foods --- turkey, steak, fish, seafood. drink more water too! The calories do look high but if you are active they should be ok... you have to judge for yourself --- everyone is different. Oh the drumstick is dark meat --- switch to the breast! Most of us are below 1000 bc the hunger vanishes if you are doing this correctly. Hope this helps.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #95
Junior LCF Member

One more thing I should add --- DO NOT use any shredded cheese and check any cheese for suspect ingredients. The shredded cheese has starch in it for stability. YEESH! They stick all kinds of cr@p in our food for shelf life. Food is supposed to spoil quickly if its fresh!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
NJ thanks for the heads up on yet another added ingredient in our food.

Natosh, I have to agree with NJ, lose the cheese and the soda. OTOH, WTH do I know?

Mim, good luck with the new do.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #97
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: saudade
Stats: 167/164/130 (5'6")
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: May 30 2013
Hi everyone! Thought I'd check in...I did really well for my first week and was losing 1-2 lbs per day and consistently in ketosis (I'm checking with Ketostix) and then last last night or this morning, I woke to go to the bathroom and I suddenly felt really hungry! I was sleepy and ate a banana and then it was like that bit of carb and sugary fruit made me feel MORE hungry and since I'd already blown it, I had a whole wheat waffle with butter and real maple syrup. Knocked myself right out of ketosis. I hope it doesn't take long to get back in!

@NewJulie- I agree with you about the crap in processed foods. This is why I always keep to a mostly whole foods, organic diet. I do buy the shredded cheese sometimes for convenience though. The I have contains potato starch and cellulose powder, but it says it has no carbs per 1/4 cup, but I don't believe that.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O, crap, another sale at Ralph Lauren.........
Old 06-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by saudade View Post
Hi everyone! Thought I'd check in...I did really well for my first week and was losing 1-2 lbs per day and consistently in ketosis (I'm checking with Ketostix) and then last last night or this morning, I woke to go to the bathroom and I suddenly felt really hungry! I was sleepy and ate a banana and then it was like that bit of carb and sugary fruit made me feel MORE hungry and since I'd already blown it, I had a whole wheat waffle with butter and real maple syrup. Knocked myself right out of ketosis. I hope it doesn't take long to get back in!

@NewJulie- I agree with you about the crap in processed foods. This is why I always keep to a mostly whole foods, organic diet. I do buy the shredded cheese sometimes for convenience though. The I have contains potato starch and cellulose powder, but it says it has no carbs per 1/4 cup, but I don't believe that.
It is hard but getting rid of processed foods is so much better for us I think. There are so many things that once you start reading the ingredients are just horrifying! I was shopping for berries today and I want to buy locally grown produce. Unfortunately, the local strawberries were over three dollars while the others were under two. The local ones didn't look any healthier either!
Old 06-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newjulie View Post
bcgrown; Sorry about your brother. Is he doing better? Glad he has a sense of humor about it. That goes a really long way.
Mim;How do you go from short to long???? So good to take care of you!!! you are doing terrific!!! What kinds of things are you eating? Any tips? Supplements? Exercise is always good to do no matter what or when.

AFM... I'm ready to go!!!! My plans today were cancelled bc of the lovely rain sooooo I find myself with no dinners (out) planned for at least a week!!! So here I go. Have any of you incorporated a protein shake on this plan with success? I use Jay Robb whey protein - its only 1 carb and 0 sugar....very high quality. What do you guys think????
Are there any other adjustments you could make based on new (food) info? I used to be able to use Ketchup back in the day but I don't even use the low sugar kind now. I do want to maximize my losses but also want to make sure I can stick with it. HAPPY FRIDAY, EVERYONE!!!
That was years ago Julie. He is now in his mid fifties. He worked as a heavy mechanic and b/c of his heart problems couldn't do the work. So he was put on disability. He got EI to pay for him to go back to school and now, instead of living on a welfare disability, he is working with an irrigation company. Don't tell him but he is one of my heroes.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #101
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I am having the strangest craving - grape jelly! Not toast and jelly, just grape jelly. Whats up with that?

I agree that getting rid of as much processed food as possible is good for us. It really does cost a lot to only eat organic. But to do so as much as we can makes a big difference. I don't eat 100% organic because I simply can't afford it. But I can tell a big difference since I switched to eating organic when I can, and not eating processed foods when I can. But I still enjoy some hot dogs now and again!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I am having the strangest craving - grape jelly! Not toast and jelly, just grape jelly. Whats up with that?

I agree that getting rid of as much processed food as possible is good for us. It really does cost a lot to only eat organic. But to do so as much as we can makes a big difference. I don't eat 100% organic because I simply can't afford it. But I can tell a big difference since I switched to eating organic when I can, and not eating processed foods when I can. But I still enjoy some hot dogs now and again!
Aren't hot dogs all American? To not eat them would be unpatriotic wouldn't it?

My theory is that eat what is good for you as much as you can - I will continue to use sugar substitute no matter what people say - and try to eat properly other ways.

Can you get sugar free grape jelly?
Old 06-08-2013, 04:45 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
It is hard but getting rid of processed foods is so much better for us I think. There are so many things that once you start reading the ingredients are just horrifying!!
OMG it's like a horrific novel, those labels!

Quote:
That was years ago Julie. He is now in his mid fifties. He worked as a heavy mechanic and b/c of his heart problems couldn't do the work. So he was put on disability. He got EI to pay for him to go back to school and now, instead of living on a welfare disability, he is working with an irrigation company. Don't tell him but he is one of my heroes.
Seriously, DO tell him. Please.

Quote:

Quote:
Aren't hot dogs all American? To not eat them would be unpatriotic wouldn't it?

My theory is that eat what is good for you as much as you can - I will continue to use sugar substitute no matter what people say - and try to eat properly other ways.

Can you get sugar free grape jelly?
yay on Sf-SF here for life.......you two are funny, I was browsing dogs last week but can't find any nitrite free.......waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

holy cow, it's not raining! Must rework wardrobe for today..........
Old 06-08-2013, 05:17 AM   #104
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Saturday morning! As I suspected, I didn't lose anything today 'cause I lost a full pound yesterday! But all is well.

BC - I would be afraid to buy and low carb grape jelly - who knows where that would lead me? I might start putting jelly on my eggs! Oh, that sounds rather good!

I have the day off today. Yeah - I have to polish my sermon but other than that I don't have to do a thing. My legs are feeling better and I'm feeling stronger all around so I'm going to start exercising.

And I'm going to drink coffee.

Last edited by Mim; 06-08-2013 at 05:19 AM..
Old 06-08-2013, 06:17 AM   #105
Junior LCF Member

Hey There! Happy Saturday!
Glad we all agree that preservatives are the DEVIL!!! I should also do Organic but it is so expensive... but I do keep it all fresh.

saudade;Fabulous week! Sometimes we have a backlash after a really good stretch... just keep at it as you are... maybe you need some potassium???
CCGirl; Do we have a Ralph Lauren abuse problem???
bcgrown; He is my hero now too! Sending blessings...
Mim;AHHHH ---- whats in the grapes that you may be looking for? They have SF jelly but what would you put it on??? The lb will go away again --- hang in there! Glad you are feeling better - enjoy your day off!

OK - bigger issue --- Hot Dogs!!! I could live on them but even the CLEAN ones dont agree with me for some reason. There are a couple brands out there that have cleaned out the nitriates/nitrites and you would be surprised how fast they turn green So eat them quickly if you find them. I will post the names later if I can find them... one is an AMY something and the other is a FARM something....

AFM... love the beginning of a plan when you are so optimistic and begin projecting all that weight loss. Well, Day 1 - 2.6 lbs!!! I am extrememly optimistic esp since i already did a cleanse and dropped a few lbs before starting! And Stillman Science did its thing. Hunger and cravings were reasonable. I just had some tuna later in the PM when I suspect my Bld sugar dropped.

Make it a great day!!!
Old 06-08-2013, 07:02 AM   #106
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiny
Stats: 166/147/127 - 5' 4" - 50 yo
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Hi all. I have been a complete slug and off plan for an entire week. It all started with a trip to the mall last saturday. I didn't bring any food with, then was basically off plan every night since, spending time with my good friend Kendall Jackson. Haven't gained too much, but sad to have thrown away a week, especially with my college and family reunion coming up in a month.

Anyone care to give me a good swift kick in the ass?
Old 06-08-2013, 08:38 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

Seriously, DO tell him. Please.

In a weak moment, I told him but he already has a swelled head, don't want him to get too conceited. His wife wouldn't know what to do with him!
Old 06-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

I made fritattas this week and I think I am going to do that more often. I am doing research to revamp my diet and for breakfast I usually have my flax oatmeal and now I am going to throw in two egg white fritattas in the morning. I am going to get healthy if it kills me! LOL
Old 06-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Hey guys I hope everyone had a fab week. I've been quiet this week de to lack of net access but I've been sticking to the plan! I've been having more dairy than in the past but I won't stress too much about it. I didn't expect to be do busy this month but w random out of town visitors and such it seems like I'm going to have to do a lot more prep. I usually do it daily before work, but now I think I'll have to make food for a few days at a time. I finally made my way back to the gym for a personal training session. It went really well considering I've been putting it off since January lol. Thank heavens for stillman/Dukan and walking its the only thing helping since I've been so lackadaisical and unmotivated workout wise. I'm hoping a heavy lifting program can reignite something ::fingers crossed::
Old 06-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I made fritattas this week and I think I am going to do that more often. I am doing research to revamp my diet and for breakfast I usually have my flax oatmeal and now I am going to throw in two egg white fritattas in the morning. I am going to get healthy if it kills me! LOL
I need to learn how to make frittatas and poache egg-idk how I haven't tired of scrambled eggs yet.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Hi all. I have been a complete slug and off plan for an entire week. It all started with a trip to the mall last saturday. I didn't bring any food with, then was basically off plan every night since, spending time with my good friend Kendall Jackson. Haven't gained too much, but sad to have thrown away a week, especially with my college and family reunion coming up in a month.

Anyone care to give me a good swift kick in the ass?
You can't change the past just look forward. Thankfully you know it'll come off quickly. Grab some dandelion tea and lemons and flush the junk out.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #112
Junior LCF Member

Tiny; Can you restart today with me? I am only on Day 2 and maybe we can help keep each other on track???? What do you think? I am hoping to drop 8 lbs in W1 --- YOU?
bcgrown; fritattas have always been a staple of mine - love them. But what are you putting in them?
krissakris; Glad you are sticking with it --- your photos are incredible!
Its so hard to stick with exercise but it makes a real difference ---not just in appearance but in overall health. Maybe start slow so you can build up ---

So are some of us NOT doing Stillman???
If you are or have done Stillman, have any of you used Protein shakes and still lost weight. I swear this would be sooo easy if I got a positive on that.
ANYONE???

Who are the BIRTHDAY girls this week???
Old 06-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Tiny; Can you restart today with me? I am only on Day 2 and maybe we can help keep each other on track???? What do you think? I am hoping to drop 8 lbs in W1 --- YOU?
bcgrown; fritattas have always been a staple of mine - love them. But what are you putting in them?
Its so hard to stick with exercise but it makes a real difference ---not just in appearance but in overall health. Maybe start slow so you can build up ---

If you are or have done Stillman, have any of you used Protein shakes and still lost weight. I swear this would be sooo easy if I got a positive on that.
ANYONE???

I used eggs and egg whites, parmesan cheese (I didn't have any regular) almond milk and broccoli. I had to use up eggs and there was left over broc.

I am not doing Stillmans or Dukan's because my body doesn't like it. I have too many problems when I try. The program doesn't agree with my body.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

ANYONE???

I def used protein shakes my first go around w stills and I lost about 7lbs my first week. I used jay Robb whey w water only. The less water the better or it'll be too thin. It did nothing to fill me up but it def helped at work so I wouldn't be too starving by the time I got home.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #115
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
I def used protein shakes my first go around w stills and I lost about 7lbs my first week. I used jay Robb whey w water only.
Oh Thanks Kriss!!! This will definitely make all the difference in the world in keeping me on track. I was really wondering about it and it made sense it would be ok.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #116
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I just got off the treadmill! I did 10 minutes. Tomorrow I'll do 15 and I'll add 5 a day until I get to an hour. When I get to an hour I'll start using the incline.

Someone asked me awhile back and I keep forgetting to answer about why I was in so much pain. The reason is because moving was very physically hard and very hot and it set off some ms symptoms. It has taken me until not to recover.

And how do I go from short to long with my hair? I am in the process of growing my hair out. It was short and I've been letting it grow because I want it long enough to put up in a french twist. I get it shaped up about every 6-8 weeks. The sides were cut out and so it doesn't look like it has grown much because I keep having to have the back cut to keep it from looking like a mullet! But I'm getting there!
Old 06-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I just got off the treadmill! I did 10 minutes. Tomorrow I'll do 15 and I'll add 5 a day until I get to an hour. When I get to an hour I'll start using the incline.

Someone asked me awhile back and I keep forgetting to answer about why I was in so much pain. The reason is because moving was very physically hard and very hot and it set off some ms symptoms. It has taken me until not to recover.

And how do I go from short to long with my hair? I am in the process of growing my hair out. It was short and I've been letting it grow because I want it long enough to put up in a french twist. I get it shaped up about every 6-8 weeks. The sides were cut out and so it doesn't look like it has grown much because I keep having to have the back cut to keep it from looking like a mullet! But I'm getting there!
The last two times I have moved, I paid rent on two places for one month and moved everything over gradually. People say that was indulgent but Mim can understand why. Here's hoping you recover quickly!
Old 06-09-2013, 03:31 AM   #118
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday morning! I'm down another half pound! Still a lot to go before I'm back to where I was in February but I'm getting there. I'm going to see my grandgirls in two weeks and I'm planning what kind of exercise I will be able to get in while I'm there. Eating on plan won't be a problem!

I do know why you paid rent on two places, BC! This move didn't go as planned. My son was coming down earlier in the month but his leave got changed, so we had to go with the flow. I am just glad it is over. The next move shouldn't be as hard.

I've been eating the same things lately and it is working out well. I didn't set out to do this but I'm happy with it so I'll stick to the plan. Eggs for breakfast, chicken for second meal which has been happening around 2-3 and then eggs for snack if I'm hungry. I have some shrimp, salmon and tuna steaks so if I need variety it is as close as the freezer. I have been wanting something crunchy though. I may buy some celery. I've gone dairy free, I've been gluten free. I don't know that I'm carb sensitive to dairy but I do know it gets me into trouble! I can't eat just one serving of cheese, and the combination of cream cheese and cream in my house means that I give in and make treats too often. And then I eat the whole treat! So, I'm staying dairy free!
Old 06-09-2013, 07:35 AM   #119
Junior LCF Member

Happy Sunday!
Mim; I am in awe --- very steady loss - Congratulations! How far are you from goal? With adding the exercise you should get there even quicker! If you are going to run around with a cpl of girls, you shld def be active! Do they have a trampoline? Jump rope? Or are they older ----mall walking? Im glad your move is over too --very stressful!
Thanks for sharing what you are eating - its helpful to know. Do you think the celery will slow things down? Or are you just shooting for no/low carb? The dairy is an issue for me too and I do the same thing when I have it around - start making all kinds of desserts I have cut out dairy & cheese with it --- a sacrilege bc I am Italian
bcgrown;that doesnt sound indulgent - it sounds smart!
Kriss - I had a shake yesterday and it seemed to be ok altho how would we know if we would have lost more? So losing is losing and as long as it continues, and we are satisfied then all is well!

OK Day 2, down another lb! YEAH!!!! I also had Red Sug ketchup - hadnt had it in years. Gosh that tasted good! I may have some shrimp cocktail today!
(Can one become addicted to emoticons??? hehehe..)
Old 06-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #120
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I have about 50 more to lose. Probably more, but I'll see how I feel and look and decide from there.

Celery won't trip me up. Celery with cream cheese will! : )
Closed Thread