Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
My main problem is that I don't play well with others! I like being alone and answering only to myself. I have heard of Meetup before but I didn't do anything about it. My bad.

This book is the third in a series and my fourth book. The first book is called The Bond, A Paranormal Love Story. A woman in Vancouver and a man in Toronto get hit by identical vehicles at the exact same moment in time. Both have out of body experiences and that is how they meet. When they separate and go back to their respective bodies each takes a piece of the other with them. When the man senses the woman is in danger, he comes to Vancouver to help.

That book has won an award and was being looked at by a movie producer. (The producer hasn't answered my last few emails so I think he isn't interested.Oh well! I was turned down by Mandalay Films too - I get rejected by the best. Heehee)

I took a character from The Bond and moved her to Vancouver and created Missing Flowers. A psychic moves to Vancouver and dreams of women being murdered. She goes to a press conference at the police station where she meets a police detective. The psychic also has visions of the past and in those visions, I relate historical fact.

I have always been interested in psychic abilities, the occult and things that can't be explained. I have a great collection of books on the topics. I haven't been able to focus my mind enough to make full use of the psychic abilities I believe we all have though I can be emphatic.
-------------
BC: I'm definitely gonna get your books once I get the money , It's their loss for not getting your book for a movie! I have several books on the subject too and everyone does have a little bit or so in them, just have to learn to utilize it. Some of my stories have paranormal in them too, ok most of them lol, in some form. Good luck you'll get there, we both will.
GOOD Luck to everyone else here also, you're all a great group of people. Will post in tomorrow's weigh in. Night for now.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
Hey all

Welcome to the Newbies and WELCOME back to those who have been here before. I got off track on Saturday and Sunday. I woke up with a SORE throat!!!! NOT good for me of course. I spent 2 days on chicken noodle soup that my husband got from whole foods. I had planned to make my own no carb soup but while I was sleeping he went to get it and I didn't have the heart to tell him that he made a mistake. I was right back on plan yesterday and today. I feel much better and I am about 20-30 lbs from MY goal. I feel like it's a fight to the finish for every single pound. UGH! Makes it pretty frustrating. So happy to see so many of you doing so well!!
Glad you're feeling better Turan! GO YOU~that's great to hear. You'll do it.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
-------------
BC: I'm definitely gonna get your books once I get the money , It's their loss for not getting your book for a movie! I have several books on the subject too and everyone does have a little bit or so in them, just have to learn to utilize it. Some of my stories have paranormal in them too, ok most of them lol, in some form. Good luck you'll get there, we both will.
GOOD Luck to everyone else here also, you're all a great group of people. Will post in tomorrow's weigh in. Night for now.
I know its their loss. The time isn't right for my books to be made into movies - that's what I keep telling myself. Just like I keep saying that it isn't the right time for me to be uber successful. But it is coming, I know it is.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:20 AM   #64
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Wednesday morning! Well, I continue to lose at .5 a day! It will take me awhile to get back to where I was in February, but I'll get there. It will go faster as I add in exercise. Yesterday I just sat. But that was a good thing - I didn't have to take pain meds last night and I slept great! Today I'll get back into the real world - I have to get to the office and I have a meeting. I will start some gentle exercising today too. But none of this starts until I drink a pot or two of coffee!
Old 06-05-2013, 05:22 AM   #65
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Convo
Morning all! Glad to see people having success. I lost 3lbs from yesterday. Hoping to keep that rate up for a few more days! This diet really is the way to go.
I also ran yesterday. I was hoping to do 3miles but only did 2. I've been doing a lot of leg workouts so my legs were feeling a little weak ha. TOday I plan to ride my bike and jump rope. I already did 70 squats and some situps, crunches and leg lifts. I plan to get in some planks too! Busy days! lol
Old 06-05-2013, 06:32 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
NJ, I am 20 miles east of Lake George, New York.

DIVORCE VS. MURDER

A nice, calm and respectable lady went into the pharmacy, walked up to the pharmacist, looked straight into his eyes, and said, I would like to buy some cyanide. '

The pharmacist asked, 'Why in the world do you need cyanide?'

The lady replied, 'I need it to poison my husband.'

The pharmacist's eyes got big and he exclaimed, 'Lord have mercy! I can't give you cyanide to kill your husband. That's against the law! I'll lose my license! They'll throw both of us in jail! All kinds of bad things will happen. Absolutely not! You CANNOT have any cyanide!'

The lady reached into her purse and pulled out a picture of her husband in bed with the pharmacist's wife.

The pharmacist looked at the picture and replied, 'You didn't tell me you had a prescription.'
Old 06-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Today is the 13th anniversary of the day I woke up partially paralysed on one side of my body - the MS attack that led to the diagnosis. And what a journey the last thirteen years have been.

I have accomplished some things, been disappointed at others and made some good changes in my life. I quit smoking ten years ago and I have been working really hard to get myself eating healthy and down to an acceptable weight. I'm also aiming to have a body that is close to a fitness model's. Ok, that may be a stretch but I am going to work on it.

Looking over the last thirteen years, I don't have much to complain about. A few hiccups here and there but I am now walking without the cane - even running kind of! I have three published books and even though I am not selling the way I want to, that will come.

I am going to keep going onward and upward. I will lose the weight, I will get a muscled, gorgeous body and I will get my books selling and get them adapted to film. Life is what I make of it!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #68
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Newjulie
CCGirl;I am Born & Bred NYer but in NJ now. And thanks for the laugh!
Convo; 3 lbs on Day ! - FANTASTIC!
Mim;Congrats on the steady loss!
maepowers;How did your weigh in go? Are you writing now?
Turandot;Awww, DH is so sweet to take care of you. R U Taking vitamins? Be careful bc there are no veggies or fruits so we need the supplements. RU feeling better?
mandy100; Good luck on your new beginning. Same tips I wrote before
Drink lots of water, be patient, exercise, read all ingredients - keep it all fresh if you can. You will do great.
bcgrown;It really sounds like you are too acidic which is very likely from all the meat (high acidic foods) and no alkaline foods (Fruits and veggies). Maybe an alkaline supplement will help like green algae??? It could help your other stuff as well. Low gly foods is always a good call --- have you tried Quinoa? Read great things about it.
Im so sorry you are not feeling well. I have auto immune stuff too so I can completely relate. Hang in there. I am trying to find some energy for wt training.... glad your back is good!
WannabeElegant;You're Welcome! Glad for the woosh --- DH sounds like a winner. Good that you are taking charge.

AFM... up 1 today from eating dinner out I guess (salt?). I am going to wait until the day after Fathers day to start Stillman - I decided. I have a number of dinners out and it would be really difficult to be on it this week. Rather than create more stress for myself, I will low carb until then. Have a great night!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Quote:
Today is the 13th anniversary of the day I woke up partially paralysed on one side of my body - the MS attack that led to the diagnosis. And what a journey the last thirteen years have been.

I have accomplished some things, been disappointed at others and made some good changes in my life. I quit smoking ten years ago and I have been working really hard to get myself eating healthy and down to an acceptable weight. I'm also aiming to have a body that is close to a fitness model's. Ok, that may be a stretch but I am going to work on it.

Looking over the last thirteen years, I don't have much to complain about. A few hiccups here and there but I am now walking without the cane - even running kind of! I have three published books and even though I am not selling the way I want to, that will come.

I am going to keep going onward and upward. I will lose the weight, I will get a muscled, gorgeous body and I will get my books selling and get them adapted to film. Life is what I make of it!
I love this post so much! I believe you will make it happen congrats on your success thus far xo
Old 06-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
It's only wed and ivr already slipped twice-I'm annoyed a tad but I'm not going to beat myself up. Life happens I think in the grand scheme of things they weren't terrible so I need to stop worrying about perfection-even of I am 85% on track for the week that's still good. I had string cheese and popcorn last night and I went out for an impromptu dinner and had a cheeseburger so still low carb but not low fat. I have another food outing Saturday but it's bbq and in NYC so I think that'll be easy-shish kabob, walking and I'll up my water and dandelion tea to keep the water way down. I've been using the tea for a week and I highly recommend it-I even skipped my coffee today

Does anyone else find the summer more challenging? This was def a problem for me last year but this time my mindset and habits are a lot more on track.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newjulie View Post
CCGirl;I am Born & Bred NYer but in NJ now. And thanks for the laugh!
Convo; 3 lbs on Day ! - FANTASTIC!
Mim;Congrats on the steady loss!
Turandot;Awww, DH is so sweet to take care of you. R U Taking vitamins? Be careful bc there are no veggies or fruits so we need the supplements. RU feeling better?
mandy100; Good luck on your new beginning. Same tips I wrote before
Drink lots of water, be patient, exercise, read all ingredients - keep it all fresh if you can. You will do great.
bcgrown;It really sounds like you are too acidic which is very likely from all the meat (high acidic foods) and no alkaline foods (Fruits and veggies). Maybe an alkaline supplement will help like green algae??? It could help your other stuff as well. Low gly foods is always a good call --- have you tried Quinoa? Read great things about it.
Im so sorry you are not feeling well. I have auto immune stuff too so I can completely relate. Hang in there. I am trying to find some energy for wt training.... glad your back is good!
WannabeElegant;You're Welcome! Glad for the woosh --- DH sounds like a winner. Good that you are taking charge.

AFM... up 1 today from eating dinner out I guess (salt?). I am going to wait until the day after Fathers day to start Stillman - I decided. I have a number of dinners out and it would be really difficult to be on it this week. Rather than create more stress for myself, I will low carb until then. Have a great night!
I eat a lot of vegies right now NJ. I like the barley it is cheap, easy to make and is low gly. I ate a bit much today - I had a craving for cookies so I made some that use egg, cocoa powder, pb, vanilla, baking soda, salt. That way they aren't too off plan. And not as fattening as some cookies!

I was supposed to do a lot of writing today but I have been waiting all day for a delivery and couldn't put on my headphones and space out. Hopefully tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
I love this post so much! I believe you will make it happen congrats on your success thus far xo
Thanks Kriss. I am trying my best!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

You can do it!

Quote:
I know its their loss. The time isn't right for my books to be made into movies - that's what I keep telling myself. Just like I keep saying that it isn't the right time for me to be uber successful. But it is coming, I know it is.
Hey, BC, you will make it as a writer, I know the feeling! We're both damn good ones and our time is coming so you hang in there. It get's discouraging and is hard to keep writing at times, but like weight loss you have to hang in there and the results will come!!! (I keep telling myself that too!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Your time will come

Quote:

YOU GO BC!!! As a writer and LC-er, I support ya in any way. YOU can do this, we're in it together. Hey I have a friend who has MS, sweet dainty thing and she writes awesome stories, published and she is in a wheel chair, close to your age I believe but she hangs in there (she's partially blind too), but she is a wonderful person who doesn't give up. So don't you either! Mae

YOU GO GIRL!!! Your time will come. I have a friend who has MS too, she's mostly blind, in a wheel chair, and writes the most awesome stories. She's a dainty thing, but she doesn't give up. She's an inspiration. So are you and the sales will come, so will your time!

My good news, I finally am under 250, weighed in this morning at 248. I'm gonna get under onderland in mid August, that's the goal. AND BC, we'll both be selling like hotcakes soon. Hang in there, you can do it, we all can. Mae
Old 06-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Don't beat yourself up kiddo

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
It's only wed and ivr already slipped twice-I'm annoyed a tad but I'm not going to beat myself up. Life happens I think in the grand scheme of things they weren't terrible so I need to stop worrying about perfection-even of I am 85% on track for the week that's still good. I had string cheese and popcorn last night and I went out for an impromptu dinner and had a cheeseburger so still low carb but not low fat. I have another food outing Saturday but it's bbq and in NYC so I think that'll be easy-shish kabob, walking and I'll up my water and dandelion tea to keep the water way down. I've been using the tea for a week and I highly recommend it-I even skipped my coffee today

Does anyone else find the summer more challenging? This was def a problem for me last year but this time my mindset and habits are a lot more on track.
Kriss we all have lapses, but don't add stress to your life, any more than ya got. And plus it would look mighty odd to some beating yourself up, lol. I wanna so visit NYC some day and see Wicked!. It's the heat of summer that gets to one, I believe, the humidity and such, messes with the appetite and makes one's feet swell. I've laid off coffee for a bit, tend to overdo that once in a while, as I like it and H/H too much. Tea is great, just drinking it hot without sugar is hard. But I like the Celestial Seasonings Sleepy time for at night, no sugar needed and they have a holiday one called Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride, which has not sugar in it or carbs, and it is awesome!! I stocked up on it after the holidays and use it mixed with green teas to sip on throughout the day. It works wonders and keeps me satisfied during day. You get through the summer, believe in yourself. Take care
Old 06-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Hey

[QUOTE=Newjulie;16457349]

HI NewJulie. If I didn't welcome you before then here's a big

I weighed in this morning at 248 even so down almost 4 lbs, last week weighed 251.6. I only weigh on Wednesdays, lol. But occasionally peek.
Yes, I do write. Paranormal, Sci Fi, Fantasy (mixed genre romance mostly right now.) You can see a list of things on my site, maepowers.com;, I'm currently editing the last in series called The Aldairian Ecstasy (a futuristic romance). Will be putting that up in another month, revising the series a bit; then on to new things. Hope all is well with you and yours. Good luck on your goals. Mae
Old 06-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, CCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

DIVORCE VS. MURDER

A nice, calm and respectable lady went into the pharmacy, walked up to the pharmacist, looked straight into his eyes, and said, I would like to buy some cyanide. '

The pharmacist's eyes got big and he exclaimed, 'Lord have mercy! I can't give you cyanide to kill your husband. That's against the law! I'll lose my license! They'll throw both of us in jail! All kinds of bad things will happen. Absolutely not! You CANNOT have any cyanide!'

The lady reached into her purse and pulled out a picture of her husband in bed with the pharmacist's wife.

The pharmacist looked at the picture and replied, 'You didn't tell me you had a prescription.'

That's funny! Laughter is great for weight loss, isn't it and life in general. Love humor. Old Mel Brooks movies are good laughs. Use to read the Laughter is Good Medicine in Reader's Digests, those were good. Hope all is well with you. MP
Old 06-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Go you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convo View Post
Morning all! Glad to see people having success. I lost 3lbs from yesterday. Hoping to keep that rate up for a few more days! This diet really is the way to go.
I also ran yesterday. I was hoping to do 3miles but only did 2. I've been doing a lot of leg workouts so my legs were feeling a little weak ha. TOday I plan to ride my bike and jump rope. I already did 70 squats and some situps, crunches and leg lifts. I plan to get in some planks too! Busy days! lol
Great going Convo. I just got back on my exercise program today and it felt good but sore, lol. Just be careful and not over tax your body. You have been busy. Good luck and take care.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Coffee first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Wednesday morning! Well, I continue to lose at .5 a day! It will take me awhile to get back to where I was in February, but I'll get there. It will go faster as I add in exercise. Yesterday I just sat. But that was a good thing - I didn't have to take pain meds last night and I slept great! Today I'll get back into the real world - I have to get to the office and I have a meeting. I will start some gentle exercising today too. But none of this starts until I drink a pot or two of coffee!
Still great, hey I'll take a half a pound a day, lol. You'll get there MIM. Glad you had a good night's sleep, that helps. Easing into exercise, gentle even is a good idea, if you've been off a while. I started back up today with light core and weights. Sore but much needed. Hope the pots of coffee went well.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:40 AM   #80
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Thursday morning! I've lost another .5 pounds. I'm keeping steady at .5 a day. And I love it! It is so nice to see the scale move every morning. I didn't exercise yesterday - the day got away from me. And today is going to be very busy too - starting with a breakfast meeting. But tomorrow things will settle down and I'll start a routine.

Ya know, I really believe that if we all continue to support each other we will indeed get to our goals.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:11 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW. bc, you keep on keepin' on!

My SIL died of a heart attack from her MS at 41. Everyone gave up on her (her DH left her and took half of her disability payments with him, DH still wishes him dead to this day) but she always had hope. I was the only one to encourage her, excersize with her, etc.

If I remember right Mim shares in your journey...........

stay strong, all. Every day is a gift, even the crummy ones.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #82
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

Gracious & Courageous!
In a culture where complaining is encouraged - you are an inspiration!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #83
Junior LCF Member

CCGirl;
Mim;Slow n steady wins the race!
Maepowers; Thanks! YAY on cracking a new goal! I will check out your site. Congrats on the book!

AFM... not ready yet.... Monday after Fathers day is the new ETA!!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

My SIL died of a heart attack from her MS at 41. Everyone gave up on her (her DH left her and took half of her disability payments with him, DH still wishes him dead to this day) but she always had hope. I was the only one to encourage her, excersize with her, etc.

I feel for your loss, CCG. what an a$#er. You were a great sister.
BC Glad you do keep on keepin on.

MIM congrats, that's good. So true, we'll all inspire each other. Hope you get settled in soon.

Hey Beth. Thanks. Will post again later or tomorrow. Have a great upcoming weekend everyone! and hi to those I didn't say hi to.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newjulie View Post
CCGirl;
Mim;Slow n steady wins the race!
Maepowers; Thanks! YAY on cracking a new goal! I will check out your site. Congrats on the book!

AFM... not ready yet.... Monday after Fathers day is the new ETA!!!!
Thanks NJ. You'll get there.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

DIVORCE VS. MURDER

good joke!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

My brother has a rare blood condition that caused him to have two heart attacks by the time he was 42. He was asked by a cardiologist if heart problems run in our family and my brother answered "that's the only way you get out of my family'.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Thursday morning! I've lost another .5 pounds. I'm keeping steady at .5 a day. And I love it! It is so nice to see the scale move every morning. I didn't exercise yesterday - the day got away from me. And today is going to be very busy too - starting with a breakfast meeting. But tomorrow things will settle down and I'll start a routine.

Ya know, I really believe that if we all continue to support each other we will indeed get to our goals.
Congrats Mim - you are an inspiration to us all!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
YOU GO GIRL!!! Your time will come. I have a friend who has MS too, she's mostly blind, in a wheel chair, and writes the most awesome stories. She's a dainty thing, but she doesn't give up. She's an inspiration. So are you and the sales will come, so will your time!

My good news, I finally am under 250, weighed in this morning at 248. I'm gonna get under onderland in mid August, that's the goal. AND BC, we'll both be selling like hotcakes soon. Hang in there, you can do it, we all can. Mae
Thanks for your support. And I am going to keep on, keepin' on for as long as I can!
Old 06-07-2013, 03:37 AM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning, all.

Thank you ___________(insert deity of choice here) for another glorious day.

Thanks for all the well wishes for my SIL, I still smile when I think of her determination. It reminds me that when things get tough, there is always someone out there who has it a lot worse than I do.
Closed Thread