Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #31
Junior LCF Member
 
WannabeElegant's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mexico city, Mexico
Posts: 29
Gallery: WannabeElegant
Stats: 195/182.82/145
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: May 27 th, 2013
Luckily I lost that pound that came from sneaking in a Few bites of the cheese at Costco - the freebies. I think I shouldn't have cheese. It was the only thing I ate, and about 5 carbs.. but still I gained a pound but it is gone now... Only one day lost. Hurray - and I have learned something. I am ultra sensitive to carbs!!

I am doing well today - being strict and in full blown ketosis, so little hunger.

Newjulie... I am so excited that you want to 'get out there' and look for a new relationship. I did exactly that. and I found and MARRIED him .. at 56 years old, at 180 lbs (no skinny minny .. ) and we are now married 8 months and gloriously happy. So .. I wish you all the luck. I think my self confidence had everything to do with it. I was at my highest weight, 259 and like you, decided enough was enough.. and also realised that I wanted a relationship and needed to put my best foot forward. So I was strict and did Dr. Bernsteins and dropped to 180. I met my husband on line .. at 205 and married him at 180. Even though still significantly overweight I was feeling much MUCH better about myself,a nd I think the new self confidence did the trick. I wish you the BEST in this journeyu. Hard work but worth it.
..
WannabeElegant is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member
 
bcgrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 289
Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeElegant View Post
Luckily I lost that pound that came from sneaking in a Few bites of the cheese at Costco - the freebies. I think I shouldn't have cheese. It was the only thing I ate, and about 5 carbs.. but still I gained a pound but it is gone now... Only one day lost. Hurray - and I have learned something. I am ultra sensitive to carbs!!

I am doing well today - being strict and in full blown ketosis, so little hunger.

Newjulie... I am so excited that you want to 'get out there' and look for a new relationship. I did exactly that. and I found and MARRIED him .. at 56 years old, at 180 lbs (no skinny minny .. ) and we are now married 8 months and gloriously happy. So .. I wish you all the luck. I think my self confidence had everything to do with it. I was at my highest weight, 259 and like you, decided enough was enough.. and also realised that I wanted a relationship and needed to put my best foot forward. So I was strict and did Dr. Bernsteins and dropped to 180. I met my husband on line .. at 205 and married him at 180. Even though still significantly overweight I was feeling much MUCH better about myself,a nd I think the new self confidence did the trick. I wish you the BEST in this journeyu. Hard work but worth it.
..
Good for you! I am almost 48 (in a few weeks) and I am single. One day I may get out there and start seriously looking but it isn't the most important thing to me.
bcgrown is offline  
Old 06-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member
 
krissakris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 480
Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Exciting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
I got another chapter done on my next book - I have divided it into three acts and Act One is complete. I have parts of Act three written. So I am going to work hard to get the first draft finished by the end of July.
Good for you for accomplishing your goals-what's the book about?
krissakris is offline  
Old 06-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member
 
saudade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Portland
Posts: 14
Gallery: saudade
Stats: 167/164/130 (5'6")
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: May 30 2013
Dinner tonight I made egg drop soup. I know green onions aren't on plan, but they are fat free and have only 1 carb per whole green onion. So I used fat-free chicken broth, eggs, green onions and a bit of grated ginger root. Tasty!!!



I had a small sliver of avocado and about 1/2 ounce of cheddar cheese and half & half in my coffee. None of them are allowed, and I think I eat too many eggs (high fat!) and my fat intake is probably too high, but I've been keeping under 10 carbs per day and those are basically coming from the eggs and half & half. I guess I shouldn't feel bad for taking a bite of avocado and cheese, at least it wasn't sugar!
saudade is offline  
Old 06-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member
 
saudade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Portland
Posts: 14
Gallery: saudade
Stats: 167/164/130 (5'6")
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: May 30 2013
Whoa, sorry that pic is so big. Yikes!
saudade is offline  
Old 06-02-2013, 11:15 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member
 
bcgrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 289
Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
Good for you for accomplishing your goals-what's the book about?
It is a paranormal mystery set in Vancouver that incorporates historical fact with the fiction. The two main characters - a psychic and a cop - discover a body in Stanley Park and the victim is a well known land developer. Who has many enemies.
bcgrown is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 05:36 AM   #37
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,283
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Monday morning! I have started back on the losing path. Now that I'm all moved it will be much easier. I had thought I would start exercising today but I'm still very tired and my legs hurt. I am hoping that in a few days I will be back to feeling good. This is ms stuff, so I never know. But hopefully it will settle down.

I have a meeting today for which I am in charge of lunch. I bought a frozen chicken pasta thing that feeds 8. There shouldn't be leftovers. I bought rolls to go with it, a fruit tray and some cookies. I won't have any of it! I couldn't think of anything to fix that is low carb and easy for this event. So I took the easy way out! But I won't be tempted at all to eat any of the lunch.
Mim is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 06:14 AM   #38
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 36
Gallery: Newjulie
Happy Monday! Im not sure if I am going to start today. I still have fruit and veggies in the frig to finish up. A day or so delay wont be an issue especially if I am losing; should just put me at a lower starting point. And it will get any craving for fruit out of my system for a while. Did great yesterday- dropped another 1.8 from the apples and protein powder. Im happy to have this jump start before going Stillman - hard core.

Tiny- Wow a double reunion = double motivation. All you are missing now is THE DRESS! You should have a fabulous new dress in a smaller size to look at every day for increased motivation - works llike a charm!
bcgrown- Thats a lot of exercise --- good for you! wt training is the very best thing we can do for ourselves IMHO. How low carb are you going? Congratulations on the book - how exciting!
Convo - Hi and welcome! Guys drop wt so quickly once they commit; you will reach your goal in no time at all; especially with all that exercise.
krissakris-- congratulations! fabulous B/A photo. Wk 7 is huge...you're likely on auto pilot now with lots of great habits and insights. Keep it up!

Be right back for more shout outs!

Last edited by Newjulie; 06-03-2013 at 06:20 AM..
Newjulie is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #39
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 36
Gallery: Newjulie
WannabeElegant- Thanks so much for your encouragement & Congratulations! I am ready again - had dropped out for a long while. I find as I get older, I feel the need to share my life more intimately. Ahhh cheese ---definitely a challenge. Some cheese may be ok, but better left for maintenance. If you are sensitive to dairy, Goats milk cheese may be more tolerable. Watch out for those shredded cheeses with added starches Glad you lost the lb!
bcgrown- I was your age when I divorced and tried on line dating. Its really a great way to meet people - you'll know when you are ready to change things. In the meantime, there is a site you can check out called Meetup that has tons of groups based on interest and location. You may like it.
saudade- soup looks yummy! I had some onion last night and was completely bloated - Im starting to think onions dont like me. Have you ever had that?
Good fats should not be an issue if they are on the allowed list. THe rest will likely slow down the action. How long have you been on plan?
bcgrown= so excited to hear about your book - sounds like a great plot. I am a voracious reader and will look forward to reading yours - YAY! How did you do the psychic research? Do you have those flashes yourself?
Mim-Fabulous on losing while moving - very stressful; go easy!

OK - make it a great day - --- later
Newjulie is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 496
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Happy Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
It is a paranormal mystery set in Vancouver that incorporates historical fact with the fiction. The two main characters - a psychic and a cop - discover a body in Stanley Park and the victim is a well known land developer. Who has many enemies.
Good going on the book BC! I'm currently revising a sci fi romance I wrote, plus finishing the edit of the final book in the series. Had to rewrite some scenes and flesh out a new character through the books.

Good luck to everyone else with their Woes and life in general. Rooting for everyone. Will post back on Wed with weigh in and replies. And a big welcome if I forgot anyone. Hope all is good with you all. MP
maepowers is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #41
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 36
Gallery: Newjulie
QQ (Quick Question)
What supplements do you guys take and why?
Do any of you use 5 hour energy on Stillman?
Thanks!
Newjulie is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member
 
bcgrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 289
Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newjulie View Post
Happy Monday! Im not sure if I am going to start today. I still have fruit and veggies in the frig to finish up. A day or so delay wont be an issue especially if I am losing; should just put me at a lower starting point. And it will get any craving for fruit out of my system for a while. Did great yesterday- dropped another 1.8 from the apples and protein powder. Im happy to have this jump start before going Stillman - hard core.

Tiny- Wow a double reunion = double motivation. All you are missing now is THE DRESS! You should have a fabulous new dress in a smaller size to look at every day for increased motivation - works llike a charm!
bcgrown- Thats a lot of exercise --- good for you! wt training is the very best thing we can do for ourselves IMHO. How low carb are you going? Congratulations on the book - how exciting!
Convo - Hi and welcome! Guys drop wt so quickly once they commit; you will reach your goal in no time at all; especially with all that exercise.
krissakris-- congratulations! fabulous B/A photo. Wk 7 is huge...you're likely on auto pilot now with lots of great habits and insights. Keep it up!

Be right back for more shout outs!
I am not keeping track of how many carbs I am eating. I don't eat bread or crackers or junk food. I have flax 'oatmeal' in the morning (mixing flax with boiling water, sweetener and cinnamon topped with berries and almond milk) I eat vegies and right now I am having a bit more fruit than usual b/c I got some good stuff on sale.

I have put away my scale - very important I feel with lifting weights. My weight is going to jump up initially and I want to keep on track. I will weigh myself on my birthday then not again until the end of July.

The reason I am not keeping track of the carbs or calories or fat intake is b/c I am trying to get into a routine I can live with for the rest of my life. And I will not be counting nutrients etc if I do that!

This is my fourth book, the next one in the Missing Flowers series. It has been more difficult to write but I am getting through it.
__________________
The only thing standing in my way is ... ME. So get out of the way!
bcgrown is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member
 
bcgrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 289
Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Good going on the book BC! I'm currently revising a sci fi romance I wrote, plus finishing the edit of the final book in the series. Had to rewrite some scenes and flesh out a new character through the books.

Good luck to everyone else with their Woes and life in general. Rooting for everyone. Will post back on Wed with weigh in and replies. And a big welcome if I forgot anyone. Hope all is good with you all. MP
Thanks. I hope to continue the momentum this week since I don't have any appointments.
bcgrown is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member
 
bcgrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 289
Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newjulie View Post
WannabeElegant- Thanks so much for your encouragement & Congratulations! I am ready again - had dropped out for a long while. I find as I get older, I feel the need to share my life more intimately. Ahhh cheese ---definitely a challenge. Some cheese may be ok, but better left for maintenance. If you are sensitive to dairy, Goats milk cheese may be more tolerable. Watch out for those shredded cheeses with added starches Glad you lost the lb!
bcgrown- I was your age when I divorced and tried on line dating. Its really a great way to meet people - you'll know when you are ready to change things. In the meantime, there is a site you can check out called Meetup that has tons of groups based on interest and location. You may like it.
saudade- soup looks yummy! I had some onion last night and was completely bloated - Im starting to think onions dont like me. Have you ever had that?
Good fats should not be an issue if they are on the allowed list. THe rest will likely slow down the action. How long have you been on plan?
bcgrown= so excited to hear about your book - sounds like a great plot. I am a voracious reader and will look forward to reading yours - YAY! How did you do the psychic research? Do you have those flashes yourself?
Mim-Fabulous on losing while moving - very stressful; go easy!

OK - make it a great day - --- later
My main problem is that I don't play well with others! I like being alone and answering only to myself. I have heard of Meetup before but I didn't do anything about it. My bad.

This book is the third in a series and my fourth book. The first book is called The Bond, A Paranormal Love Story. A woman in Vancouver and a man in Toronto get hit by identical vehicles at the exact same moment in time. Both have out of body experiences and that is how they meet. When they separate and go back to their respective bodies each takes a piece of the other with them. When the man senses the woman is in danger, he comes to Vancouver to help.

That book has won an award and was being looked at by a movie producer. (The producer hasn't answered my last few emails so I think he isn't interested.Oh well! I was turned down by Mandalay Films too - I get rejected by the best. Heehee)

I took a character from The Bond and moved her to Vancouver and created Missing Flowers. A psychic moves to Vancouver and dreams of women being murdered. She goes to a press conference at the police station where she meets a police detective. The psychic also has visions of the past and in those visions, I relate historical fact.

I have always been interested in psychic abilities, the occult and things that can't be explained. I have a great collection of books on the topics. I haven't been able to focus my mind enough to make full use of the psychic abilities I believe we all have though I can be emphatic.
bcgrown is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #45
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,283
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Sometimes I get it right! I gave away the leftover fruit and cookies from the lunch today and threw away the bit of casserole that was left! It is a good thing, 'cause I've got the munchies! I often have cream cheese and or heavy cream in the fridge, but I made the conscious decision not to buy either when I went to the store. So all I have here is shrimp, salmon, tuna, chicken and eggs! I'm trying to decide if I'm hungry or just have the munchies. But should I decide to eat something this evening, it will be o plan!
Mim is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member
 
bcgrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 289
Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Sometimes I get it right! I gave away the leftover fruit and cookies from the lunch today and threw away the bit of casserole that was left! It is a good thing, 'cause I've got the munchies! I often have cream cheese and or heavy cream in the fridge, but I made the conscious decision not to buy either when I went to the store. So all I have here is shrimp, salmon, tuna, chicken and eggs! I'm trying to decide if I'm hungry or just have the munchies. But should I decide to eat something this evening, it will be o plan!
Smart!
bcgrown is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #47
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 36
Gallery: Newjulie
Mim- Smart choices=good results
I was hungry later today too and I think its bc I had bananas today --- still cleaning out the frig! So I have some lettuce and it did the trick.
bcgrown- Well, you are honest! I will have to check out your books - sounds very interesting. I am interested in psychic things as well --- some of that runs in my family - dreams and such! I think you are wise to create circumstances you can live with long term. I agree with your approach bc of where you are!

Have a good night!
Newjulie is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #48
Junior LCF Member
 
WannabeElegant's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mexico city, Mexico
Posts: 29
Gallery: WannabeElegant
Stats: 195/182.82/145
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: May 27 th, 2013
sso today i completed 7 days on stillmans - the first week, and i think i lost 6 lbs, less than i had hoped for - but surely better than before I say I think I lost 6 because i didn't weigh myself the first morning *was so scared of what the scale would say so i might have lost a couple of lbs more.

so i am happy but wonderfing why i seem to be stalling so early on in thr diet. i have been 189 for the last three mornings... and that is discouraging. i am sticking very well to the plan although had a few niblles of cheese that probably added 5 carbs to the day, and fridays dinner was lobster and steak and both had a little fat on them ..,, what do you all think_ is that enough to stall me...sorry i have trouble typing with this stupid Apple keyboard which hubby bought me, but which i find a little frustrating >(
WannabeElegant is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member
 
bcgrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 289
Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newjulie View Post
Mim- Smart choices=good results
I was hungry later today too and I think its bc I had bananas today --- still cleaning out the frig! So I have some lettuce and it did the trick.
bcgrown- Well, you are honest! I will have to check out your books - sounds very interesting. I am interested in psychic things as well --- some of that runs in my family - dreams and such! I think you are wise to create circumstances you can live with long term. I agree with your approach bc of where you are!

Have a good night!
Thanks NJ. Today has been an off day - I had problems with my walk this morning and that screwed up the rest of my day. I overate and didn't exercise. Oh well, tomorrow is another day and it is a weight training day - I increased the weight so it should be fun!

We'll get the weight off NJ, no problem.
bcgrown is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 05:16 AM   #50
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3
Gallery: Convo
SO I forgot to weigh myself yesterday but did today. I'm at 185. I'd like to drop 20lbs. I already feel better than yesterday. I did a lower body/ab workout in the morning and a 45 min upper body with weights last night. Today I'll try and run 3 miles and jump some rope. Keep strong everyone!
Convo is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 05:44 AM   #51
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,283
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Tuesday morning! I was rewarded for staying on plan and getting rid of the off plan food with a half pound loss! It sure feels good! I took a run awhile back of losing half a pound a day. I'll take it! I'm feeling better since being back on plan and wore a pair of pants yesterday that I couldn't get into last week. They were the only clean opair I could find last Wednesday evening when my son and I went out to dinner. They were so uncomfortable that unsnapped them and hoped my top would continue to not give me away! But yesterday they fit comfortably!

I am feeling better pain wise too. I may try a bit of upper body weight workout today. I'm going to stay home today and rest more and try to get stronger.
Mim is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 05:49 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member
 
Turandot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 266
Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Hey all

Welcome to the Newbies and WELCOME back to those who have been here before. I got off track on Saturday and Sunday. I woke up with a SORE throat!!!! NOT good for me of course. I spent 2 days on chicken noodle soup that my husband got from whole foods. I had planned to make my own no carb soup but while I was sleeping he went to get it and I didn't have the heart to tell him that he made a mistake. I was right back on plan yesterday and today. I feel much better and I am about 20-30 lbs from MY goal. I feel like it's a fight to the finish for every single pound. UGH! Makes it pretty frustrating. So happy to see so many of you doing so well!!
Turandot is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 05:58 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newjulie View Post
Thanks Everyone for the welcome! 30 lbs seems to be a magic # --- do we need a countdown?

CC, I recently figured out that alcohol is what was missing in my life. Started making slushies w vodka! YUM!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeElegant View Post

Newjulie... I am so excited that you want to 'get out there' and look for a new relationship. I did exactly that. and I found and MARRIED him .. at 56 years old, at 180 lbs (no skinny minny .. ) and we are now married 8 months and gloriously happy. So .. I wish you all the luck. I think my self confidence had everything to do with it. I was at my highest weight, 259 and like you, decided enough was enough.. and also realised that I wanted a relationship and needed to put my best foot forward. So I was strict and did Dr. Bernsteins and dropped to 180. I met my husband on line .. at 205 and married him at 180. Even though still significantly overweight I was feeling much MUCH better about myself,a nd I think the new self confidence did the trick. I wish you the BEST in this journeyu. Hard work but worth it.
..
VERY inspiring!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Sometimes I get it right! I gave away the leftover fruit and cookies from the lunch today and threw away the bit of casserole that was left! It is a good thing, 'cause I've got the munchies! I often have cream cheese and or heavy cream in the fridge, but I made the conscious decision not to buy either when I went to the store. So all I have here is shrimp, salmon, tuna, chicken and eggs! I'm trying to decide if I'm hungry or just have the munchies. But should I decide to eat something this evening, it will be o plan!
go Mim! Next time try a wing platter and crudite tray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeElegant View Post
sso today i completed 7 days on stillmans - the first week, and i think i lost 6 lbs, less than i had hoped for - but surely better than before I say I think I lost 6 because i didn't weigh myself the first morning *was so scared of what the scale would say so i might have lost a couple of lbs more.

so i am happy but wonderfing why i seem to be stalling so early on in thr diet. i have been 189 for the last three mornings... and that is discouraging. i am sticking very well to the plan although had a few niblles of cheese that probably added 5 carbs to the day, and fridays dinner was lobster and steak and both had a little fat on them ..,, what do you all think_ is that enough to stall me...sorry i have trouble typing with this stupid Apple keyboard which hubby bought me, but which i find a little frustrating >(
stash the scale maybe? daily weighing is for the birds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
Hey all

Welcome to the Newbies and WELCOME back to those who have been here before. I got off track on Saturday and Sunday. I woke up with a SORE throat!!!! NOT good for me of course. I spent 2 days on chicken noodle soup that my husband got from whole foods. I had planned to make my own no carb soup but while I was sleeping he went to get it and I didn't have the heart to tell him that he made a mistake. I was right back on plan yesterday and today. I feel much better and I am about 20-30 lbs from MY goal. I feel like it's a fight to the finish for every single pound. UGH! Makes it pretty frustrating. So happy to see so many of you doing so well!!
O Turan, I am glad you're feeling better, so often a sore throat leads to other things........

mmmmmmm chicken soup......after almost a week of 90F temps and humidity it's 45F right now, brrrrrrrrrrr

and welcome Convo, nice to have a guy in the mix,
CCGirl is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #54
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,283
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Turan - I'm glad you are feeling better. You will so make your goal!

BC - how is your back? Are you able to do your walk?
Mim is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member
 
bcgrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 289
Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Turan - I'm glad you are feeling better. You will so make your goal!

BC - how is your back? Are you able to do your walk?
I am walk/jogging now. My back is pretty good. I feel pressure in the lower area with some movements but it isn't really painful. I stretch a lot too.
bcgrown is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #56
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 36
Gallery: Newjulie
WannabeElegant;Congrats on the 6 lb loss. Here is a list of things that may help on any plan--- drink more water; exercise if you arent; check all food for added ingredients especially Maltodextrin or any other hidden sugar; check in on how you are feeling in case you have developed a food sensitivity; cut down on salt. But you lost weight so thats great! Maybe your body is building up to give you a woosh --- so water will help!
bcgrown; Today is a new day! Hope to get motivated enough to add wt training soon! Good for you! Adding muscle is a great way to go!
Convo; 20 lbs for a guy is not real difficult --- I know it will still take some effort so not minimizing. You will do great esp with the exercise!
Mim;YAY on the 1/2 lb loss and the pants! Why are you in pain?
CCGirl;Where do you live?

AFM...down another 1.2 --- Gosh I must have really had a whole barrel of water weight on me! I am going to continue with the fruit and protein shakes while the weight is dropping off like this. When It slows down, I will switch to Stillman and hope for more headway! I may have a slight blip today - movies and Dinner - But will check the menu before I go!

Make it a great day
Newjulie is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #57
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1
Gallery: mandy100
WOE: Quick Weightloss Diet
Start Date: June 2013
Im in for June! Im excited to b aboard on dis challenge... Today is my new begining. I can feel this time is gonna be differnt for me...I never wanted it this bad to get my life bak on track. Any tips for this newbie?
mandy100 is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member
 
bcgrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 289
Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy100 View Post
Im in for June! Im excited to b aboard on dis challenge... Today is my new begining. I can feel this time is gonna be differnt for me...I never wanted it this bad to get my life bak on track. Any tips for this newbie?
My advice is to be willing to make adjustments. I tried Stillmans - I did it for a month last year and lost 12 pounds but my TOM stopped, I got cracks on the sides of my lips, my skin didn't look right and my fingernails were peeling. I tried it again this April and the same thing happened so I can't do Stillman's. Instead I am eating low carb. I may not have as good of results as those with Stillman's but it is easier on the body.

Also, follow the plan to the letter - no adjustments or little cheats - that apparently works for most people.

bcgrown is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #59
Junior LCF Member
 
WannabeElegant's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mexico city, Mexico
Posts: 29
Gallery: WannabeElegant
Stats: 195/182.82/145
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: May 27 th, 2013
Thanks CCGirl and NewJulie.. You guys are great at giving feedback. And yes the Whoosh fairy arrived this mornign with a 1.32 lb loss so I am very happy. Yes ditching the scale is probably a good idea .. but frankly I get so excited and am always anxious to see it in hte morning. I think over thee weekend, I didnt drink enough water, and probably had a little too much fatty "lean proteins" haha .. however, back on track and hoping to hit my first goal of 185 this Friday. I weighed in at 187.88 this morning and am over the moon. Haven;t seen that number in a while. I told you all I got (re) marrid in October right? at 180 . well I fell into the 'celebrate, celebrate' trap and quickly shot up to 198 or so. YIKES!! new hubby bless his heart, never said a word .. and finally I gave my head a shake and am back on the losing track So from my highest two years ago of 259 to wedding weight of 180 and back up a bit to 198 ... I am now down to 187.3 and my goal is *drumroll) 145.. However quickly frankly I would be thrilled with 165 or so .. So for now, I am aiming for 185 by Friday and then 175 by end of June. Glad you guys are all on line .. It is such fun to "chat" with you all Turan - you sound amaxing... and are canadian so that is very cool. Are any of you from Ottawa Canada _ or close by? would be fun to get together.
WannabeElegant is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member
 
bcgrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 289
Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Well here I go again. I am having to make more adjustments to my eating plan. For the last two days I have been really tired - today it is so bad I am almost in tears. So I made barley - a low glycemic grain that won't affect my blood sugar and is slow releasing so should still give me energy. I have enough problems with chronic fatigue with the MS so I don't need anything more.

Healthy foods - limited processed garbage - and make adjustments as I go. I keep telling myself that. Perhaps on Thursday I will be able to get through my weight training too.

Thanks for putting up with me.
bcgrown is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:48 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.