Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nursej10580
Stats: 32 y.o. 5'8" 240/170.9/155
WOE: HCG/LC/JUDDD
Start Date: R1-05/ '11, R2-8/'11, R3-8/'12, R4 3/'13, R5 1/'14
Considering Stillman's QWL...can anyone answer these questions?

Hi I'm considering Stillman's QWL plan (that's the all protein plan right?) to lose these last 15 lbs. I was just wondering what kind of success you guys have had on it & any tips to make it as effective as possible?

Thanks!
~Jenny
nursej10580 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiny
Stats: 166/147/127 - 5' 4" - 50 yo
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Hi Jenny, I started the QWL plan on Mother's Day at 166 lbs, and I am now at 155 lbs (11 pounds a little over two weeks later). A couple of those days I went entirely off plan and drank and binged on carbs. I think it is an amazing plan. Read the stickies on this board that show the allowed foods and don't deviate from that and those 15 pounds will be gone in a few weeks.
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nursej10580
Stats: 32 y.o. 5'8" 240/170.9/155
WOE: HCG/LC/JUDDD
Start Date: R1-05/ '11, R2-8/'11, R3-8/'12, R4 3/'13, R5 1/'14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Hi Jenny, I started the QWL plan on Mother's Day at 166 lbs, and I am now at 155 lbs (11 pounds a little over two weeks later). A couple of those days I went entirely off plan and drank and binged on carbs. I think it is an amazing plan. Read the stickies on this board that show the allowed foods and don't deviate from that and those 15 pounds will be gone in a few weeks.
Hi Tiny Thanks so much for sharing your success on Stillman's! That's awesome that you're doing so well! Have you been shooting for a certain calorie range that's made you more successful or do you follow what the QWL sticky says & "just eat until you're comfortably full" ?

~Jenny
nursej10580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Hi Jenny, I don't shoot for a calorie range, although I do track and my calories are pretty low, always under 1200. This way of eating has totally decreased my appetite like nothing I've known. I don't go hungry, but the lack of variety keeps calories low. Today I had coffee for breakfast, a chicken breast for lunch, a weight watchers cheese stick or two for snacks, and two lean ground beef patties for dinner. That's only about 600 calories. I will probably eat another hamburger patty later this evening if I get hungry. Oh, my one big cheat is having cream in my coffee. I may cut it out if I stall.

Anyone with more experience on stillman want to chime in? I'm only in the middle of week three. I love it so far and plan to stay on it until the first week of July, when I will go off plan on vacation. I hope the loss continues!
- Tina
Old 05-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RinnythePooh
Stats: 156/150/135 (5'5.5")
WOE: Low calorie & Low fat
Start Date: May 28, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Hi Jenny, I don't shoot for a calorie range, although I do track and my calories are pretty low, always under 1200. This way of eating has totally decreased my appetite like nothing I've known. I don't go hungry, but the lack of variety keeps calories low. Today I had coffee for breakfast, a chicken breast for lunch, a weight watchers cheese stick or two for snacks, and two lean ground beef patties for dinner. That's only about 600 calories. I will probably eat another hamburger patty later this evening if I get hungry. Oh, my one big cheat is having cream in my coffee. I may cut it out if I stall.

Anyone with more experience on stillman want to chime in? I'm only in the middle of week three. I love it so far and plan to stay on it until the first week of July, when I will go off plan on vacation. I hope the loss continues!
- Tina
Hi Jenny and Tiny!

I too am new to this forum. I just started on the Stillman diet Tuesday. I started at 156 and here we are 3 days in and I have lost approx 6lbs. Prior to being on this diet I was working out faithfully 6 days a week for at least an hour a day (a lot of cardio) for 4 weeks and tracked my calories eating between 1000-1400 calories and only lost 2lbs. It's very difficult to stay on a plan if you are not seeing results.

I am trying to lose 20lbs so that I can be "bikini" ready for my vacation the first week of July. I am definitely liking the results that I have experienced with Stillman's so far. Although there's not much variety, I like the fact that I can eat as much as I want and not feel like if I take another bite of something I will be over on calories (i.e. sabotage).

I wish you two the best of luck with Stillman's.
RinnythePooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinnythePooh View Post
Hi Jenny and Tiny!

I too am new to this forum. I just started on the Stillman diet Tuesday. I started at 156 and here we are 3 days in and I have lost approx 6lbs. Prior to being on this diet I was working out faithfully 6 days a week for at least an hour a day (a lot of cardio) for 4 weeks and tracked my calories eating between 1000-1400 calories and only lost 2lbs. It's very difficult to stay on a plan if you are not seeing results.

I am trying to lose 20lbs so that I can be "bikini" ready for my vacation the first week of July. I am definitely liking the results that I have experienced with Stillman's so far. Although there's not much variety, I like the fact that I can eat as much as I want and not feel like if I take another bite of something I will be over on calories (i.e. sabotage).

I wish you two the best of luck with Stillman's.
Good job!!! I have been off plan and messed up but I am now on my hands and knees crawling back to start over!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth2013
Stats: 165/133/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2013
This was always my go-to diet whenever I needed to lose a quick 5 - 7 lbs. years ago. It always worked and I'd lose about a pound a day. Back then, I'd only do it for a week or so - as I recall, that's about the longest I could manage back then lol.

Yesterday I was cleaning some cabinets in the den and lo and behold I found my old book "The Doctor's Quick Weight Loss Diet"! Published in 1967 lol. Of course, I stopped cleaning and started reading. Great book and very inspirational, which is why I bought it in the first place, I guess.

I was particularly happy to read that he encouraged his dieters to lose/stabilize some/lose more. I've recently been doing a meat/egg fast, but now I kind of wish I'd come across this old book sooner.
Beth2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RinnythePooh
Stats: 156/150/135 (5'5.5")
WOE: Low calorie & Low fat
Start Date: May 28, 2013
Thanks Tiny. I have been doing Stillman's with my better half and he lost approx 15 lbs in the first week. I cannot say for sure if it was 15 lbs exactly because he didn't weigh himself until the 3rd day. We just have somewhat of an idea of his starting weight. After the first week, even with such a big number, it's been difficult for him to stay on track. He's kind of starting and stopping. I wonder if he will be as successful with weight loss if continues to start and stop like he has?

You will do fine
RinnythePooh is offline   Reply With Quote