Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
May Flowers Bring Massive Weight loss

let's get this going for May!
bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

As some of you may know I have been having problems with pain in the center of my upper stomach. It has been going on for almost a year. Last night I accidentally found a way to relieve the pain. I took a deep breath - breathing properly from the diaphragm and it helped! I am trying to do that more often and hopefully the pain will go away totally!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
As some of you may know I have been having problems with pain in the center of my upper stomach. It has been going on for almost a year. Last night I accidentally found a way to relieve the pain. I took a deep breath - breathing properly from the diaphragm and it helped! I am trying to do that more often and hopefully the pain will go away totally!
SENDING YOU HEALING PRAYERS! Have you ever done yoga? Just for the breathing it might help. Also meditative breathing!
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

I WAS SO GOOD!!

We got some DEVASTATING news today about a family member! I was doing so well but this sent me over the EDGE! I ate JUNK and it made me almost throw up!

I am going to be careful for 3 days and restart for hard core stills Sunday for 3 weeks!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
I WAS SO GOOD!!

We got some DEVASTATING news today about a family member! I was doing so well but this sent me over the EDGE! I ate JUNK and it made me almost throw up!

I am going to be careful for 3 days and restart for hard core stills Sunday for 3 weeks!
You take care of your emotional health as well as your physical one. I'm sending you warm, caring energy.

As for yoga, I have done it but never got the breathing thing down. Same with pilates and the martial arts inspired exercises I am doing. For at little while at least, I will have a bigger stomach as I push the diaphragm out. That's okay though, breathing correctly will help with weight loss.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You take care of your emotional health as well as your physical one. I'm sending you warm, caring energy.

As for yoga, I have done it but never got the breathing thing down. Same with pilates and the martial arts inspired exercises I am doing. For at little while at least, I will have a bigger stomach as I push the diaphragm out. That's okay though, breathing correctly will help with weight loss.
NEVER breath HIGH. Don't lift your shoulders, push out your tummy and breath as often as you can from your Vagina!!! That's how I make a living!!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
NEVER breath HIGH. Don't lift your shoulders, push out your tummy and breath as often as you can from your Vagina!!! That's how I make a living!!
I was actually thinking of you when I was practising this last night! It will come easily eventually, I just have to keep practising.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:12 AM   #8
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Wednesday morning!

Oh Turan - I'm sorry about your family member. Turning to food is part of "our" natural response. I'm glad you were able to get it under control. Be gentle with yourself as you process the devastating news.

bc - I admire you and your exercise. I just can't get it going right now. I know I feel better when I exercise but getting back into the routine is tough. Congratulations for taking such good care of yourself!

Hey CC - it is time to think spring purses! I want something fun and bright. I may have found what I'm looking for - I'll post a picture later.

This is my weigh in day - I lost 4.5 pounds this week. This is weight I regained in March and I still have to lose more of it. But at least I'm on the right track!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:08 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cherry88
Quote:
I'm sorry to hear you are going through pain and am relieved to hear you've found a nice solution. We should all be breathing that way but most of us are shallow breathers
Cherry88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:09 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I WAS SO GOOD!!

Hope everything is okay with your loved one
Old 05-01-2013, 06:17 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Good morning friends! Happy May!

I slept terribly last night. I have sleep apnea and I kept struggling to take a breath while slept. I finally had to prop myself up on a pillow and was able to breath better. So now I have a slight headache and am in a cranky kind of mood with no appetite.
I have some chicken thighs marinating in the fridge and I may have 2 or 3 poached eggs for breakfast with some oolong tea (that tea is my new addiction). I do have some Orange Diet Crush soda but I'm gonna be careful with these types of foods and limit them as I don't want to be stalled at all!
I haven't weighed myself in months and I feel anxiety everytime I even think of the scale so I will just measure my loss with clothes
On top of Walk Away The Pounds, I also purchased Greer Childer's Shapely Secrets. Reason being is that my body simply cannot handle hardcore exercise at this time (which is really a shame because I am fairly young but that's okay because this is why I am here and doing this).
I will let you guys know how it goes

Great morning all!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

I know where the fatigue, crankiness and lack of appetite are coming from.

I welcomed the month of May with my TOM. Ugh
Old 05-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Wednesday morning!

bc - I admire you and your exercise. I just can't get it going right now. I know I feel better when I exercise but getting back into the routine is tough. Congratulations for taking such good care of yourself!

This is my weigh in day - I lost 4.5 pounds this week. This is weight I regained in March and I still have to lose more of it. But at least I'm on the right track!
If I stuck with my exercise I would be so much better. I just keep starting and stopping. I have a bad habit of not sticking with things.

Congrats on the weight loss.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry88 View Post
I'm sorry to hear you are going through pain and am relieved to hear you've found a nice solution. We should all be breathing that way but most of us are shallow breathers
I shall survive!

You shall too - once your TOM passes you will be fine again.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I shall survive!

You shall too - once your TOM passes you will be fine again.
Right on!

For now I will sleep until my son gets home from school
Old 05-02-2013, 03:23 AM   #16
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Thursday morning! I'm getting ready to head out for a breakfast meeting. I have a dinner meeting too. At least both of those are in restaurants and I can stay on plan! I fell off hard yesterday, after a week of being strong. But I'm going to be on plan today! I hope everyone has a great Thursday!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:20 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
let's get this going for May!
thanks for the new thread bc!

Quote:
I WAS SO GOOD!!

OMG {{{{{{{{{{{Turan}}}}}}}}}}}} sending love your way!

Quote:

Quote:
Good Wednesday morning!

Oh Turan - I'm sorry about your family member. Turning to food is part of "our" natural response. I'm glad you were able to get it under control. Be gentle with yourself as you process the devastating news.

Hey CC - it is time to think spring purses! I want something fun and bright. I may have found what I'm looking for - I'll post a picture later.

WOW WTG Mim on the loss! Post away!

Quote:
I know where the fatigue, crankiness and lack of appetite are coming from.

I welcomed the month of May with my TOM. Ugh
poor kid, hang in there!

Quote:
Good Thursday morning! I'm getting ready to head out for a breakfast meeting. I have a dinner meeting too. At least both of those are in restaurants and I can stay on plan! I fell off hard yesterday, after a week of being strong. But I'm going to be on plan today! I hope everyone has a great Thursday!
happy day to you, Mim, leave the past behind.

After seven months I can finally report that my POS step brother has FINALLY been arrested for check fraud, just the beginning of arrests for the numerous check/money theft and identity thefts he has committed since my Dad passing.

It is gratifiying but now I am anew with worries about Mom being threatened/stalked/etc. We are on high alert again. The hearing for the extension of the restraining order is on the tenth.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:33 AM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

OMG {{{{{{{{{{{Turan}}}}}}}}}}}} sending love your way!

WOW WTG Mim on the loss! Post away!

poor kid, hang in there!

happy day to you, Mim, leave the past behind.

After seven months I can finally report that my POS step brother has FINALLY been arrested for check fraud, just the beginning of arrests for the numerous check/money theft and identity thefts he has committed since my Dad passing.

It is gratifiying but now I am anew with worries about Mom being threatened/stalked/etc. We are on high alert again. The hearing for the extension of the restraining order is on the tenth.
That sounds awful. You will be in my best thoughts The 10th is right around the corner. In the meantime, does mom have some pepper spray and a cell phone? SMH some crazy mofos in this world
Old 05-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Joining in for this month. I know I fell off posting last month, but I never really left. Been following Stillmans for the most part, but I have been adding in more fat on some days (eating the skin on my rotiss chicken, having a nice cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce, using real mayo) in an effort to manage a calorie rotation. As you know, it's hard to increase calories on strict Stillmans, and I really want to get my calories up on some days. Also, I've been adding in "shake days" a couple of times in the past week or so...I think it has helped rev up my losses. Unfortunately, eating popcorn (why on earth do I think that's acceptable?!?) has certainly not been helpful to my efforts.

At any rate, since starting Stillman's on April 1st, I've lost 14.4 pounds. I know I should be thrilled with that (and I AM), but I feel like I could have done better, because I took a week in there where I ate way too much food on too many days, and was kind of sloppy with my carbs. Boo.

So...today is a shake day:

B: coffee w/ ff h&h
L: protein shake
D: undecided, but will be either another shake or some chicken breast and maybe a HB egg

My protein shakes are made up of a cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1 scoop of zero carb protein powder, 2 tsp SF jello pudding powder, 1/2 tsp glucommanan powder and some sweetener. Sometimes I add some canned pumpkin as well.

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

Let me at him! I have been watching tons of MMA and Martial Arts movies and I think I can handle him. If I can remember what Lorenzo Lamas was doing, I could kick butt. I'll defend you!

Seriously though, I am thinking of you and praying everything works out right. And you are welcome for the new thread.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GidgetPiecukonis
Stats: 220/215/199
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: October 2013
Hello. :-) I am a lurker here even though I have not really stuck with Stillmans for a while. I try then I fall off...badly...then I try again. Well here I am trying AGAIN. LOL I have my first cruise in 190 short days and I really want to be bikini ready. I also have been yelled at by my doc for my weight creeping back up and she wants my cholesterol down. Anyway....I am going to literally do plain chicken, fish, and eggs and TONS of water and my vitamins and that is IT! My question is.....for my eggs...I LOVE those jars of pickled eggs. I know they are higher in sodium but do you think they would be ok on Stillmans?

I was 228 then down to 206 and now 220 so I really need to do something quick! My doc wants to see me below 200 when I go back at the end of June.
GidgetPiecukonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
That sounds awful. You will be in my best thoughts The 10th is right around the corner. In the meantime, does mom have some pepper spray and a cell phone? SMH some crazy mofos in this world
Quote:
Let me at him! I have been watching tons of MMA and Martial Arts movies and I think I can handle him. If I can remember what Lorenzo Lamas was doing, I could kick butt. I'll defend you!

Seriously though, I am thinking of you and praying everything works out right. And you are welcome for the new thread.
Thanks, y'all, I appreciate the well wishes and bodyguard offers! Seriously, he's aged so badly from the addiction I could take him blindfolded. We are on high alert, she carries her keys everywhere when she is home, doors locked, cell phone always on, copies of restraining order in purse/car at all times. The local police have a car on her street 24/7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GidgetPiecukonis View Post
Hello. :-) I am a lurker here even though I have not really stuck with Stillmans for a while. I try then I fall off...badly...then I try again. Well here I am trying AGAIN. LOL I have my first cruise in 190 short days and I really want to be bikini ready. I also have been yelled at by my doc for my weight creeping back up and she wants my cholesterol down. Anyway....I am going to literally do plain chicken, fish, and eggs and TONS of water and my vitamins and that is IT! My question is.....for my eggs...I LOVE those jars of pickled eggs. I know they are higher in sodium but do you think they would be ok on Stillmans?

I was 228 then down to 206 and now 220 so I really need to do something quick! My doc wants to see me below 200 when I go back at the end of June.
welcome Gidget!!!!!!!! Never had pickled eggs, try them with tons of water and see.

OK, what is everyone giving/hoping to get for Mother's Day? I can't get her a gun until we move there
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

CCG

I hope they lock him up for the REST of his life!!!

I will be back for hard core stills SUNDAY!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GidgetPiecukonis View Post

I love picked eggs! If they are pickled with sugar they may be a problem and you would have to be careful of the salt. They also make me spark so no one wants to be around me! heehee.

Welcome to the nut house Gidget. It is a pleasure to meet you.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:36 AM   #25
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Friday morning! I've been in a bad place the last few days. I'm going to take steps to turn it around today.

Hi Gidget! Good to see you!

What is everyone doing this weekend? I'm going to do some packing - getting ready to move in a few weeks. Most of the day today will be spent at work though.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Quote:
Good Friday morning! I've been in a bad place the last few days. I'm going to take steps to turn it around today.

What is everyone doing this weekend? I'm going to do some packing - getting ready to move in a few weeks. Most of the day today will be spent at work though.
I'm spending tomorrow morning at the baseball fields, followed by a stint at the hockey rink, as my boys have games this weekend. It is going to be a gorgeous weekend around here, so I'm also hoping to get out and walk or ride my bike along the lake. Unfortunately, I've also got a boatload of housework that needs tending...busy, busy, busy!

Ok, so here's what I'm eating today:

B: coffee w/ ff h&h
L: chicken breast "sandwich" on lettuce leaves with tomato slices, LF mayo and SF bbq sauce, SF jello
S: chocolate cheesecake protein shake and/or some cold rotiss chicken
D: unsure...thinking about doing a lemon-garlic tilapia filet w/ LF homemade tartar sauce
S: maybe another protein shake later...

Enjoy your day, peeps!
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Hi Stillmanistas!

I still haven't eaten today. I think I will bake a piece of fish so I have something to take my vitamin with

No plans this weekend. Just hanging out with my son. We'll probably go to the local mall and spend money (that I don't have lol) With Mother's Day approaching, I would like to go to Olive Garden but I won't because I am very serious about sticking to Stillman's for the next 2 months. Maybe I can get something nice from Body Shop! I'm a sucker for vanilla/cream/citrus types of fragrances

I also have to learn that celebrating doesn't always mean eating. I've been conditioned to think that was (I think we all do).

Have a wonderful Friday All!!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

SENDING YOU LOVE!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Cheat day tomorrow! YAY!!!

Sunday hard core stills for 3 weeks. I plan to eat mostly seafood so I can control the fat!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE LOVE

My mentor has stage 4 lung cancer. She asked me to come home to say goodbye. I am looking at flights now.