Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   May Flowers Bring Massive Weight loss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/803132-may-flowers-bring-massive-weight-loss.html)

bcgrown 04-30-2013 11:52 AM

May Flowers Bring Massive Weight loss

let's get this going for May!

bcgrown 04-30-2013 12:05 PM

As some of you may know I have been having problems with pain in the center of my upper stomach. It has been going on for almost a year. Last night I accidentally found a way to relieve the pain. I took a deep breath - breathing properly from the diaphragm and it helped! I am trying to do that more often and hopefully the pain will go away totally!

Turandot 04-30-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcgrown (Post 16401676)
As some of you may know I have been having problems with pain in the center of my upper stomach. It has been going on for almost a year. Last night I accidentally found a way to relieve the pain. I took a deep breath - breathing properly from the diaphragm and it helped! I am trying to do that more often and hopefully the pain will go away totally!

SENDING YOU HEALING PRAYERS! Have you ever done yoga? Just for the breathing it might help. Also meditative breathing! :console:

Turandot 04-30-2013 06:51 PM

I WAS SO GOOD!!

We got some DEVASTATING news today about a family member! I was doing so well but this sent me over the EDGE! I ate JUNK and it made me almost throw up! :sick:

I am going to be careful for 3 days and restart for hard core stills Sunday for 3 weeks!

bcgrown 04-30-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turandot (Post 16402416)
I WAS SO GOOD!!

We got some DEVASTATING news today about a family member! I was doing so well but this sent me over the EDGE! I ate JUNK and it made me almost throw up! :sick:

I am going to be careful for 3 days and restart for hard core stills Sunday for 3 weeks!

You take care of your emotional health as well as your physical one. I'm sending you warm, caring energy.

As for yoga, I have done it but never got the breathing thing down. Same with pilates and the martial arts inspired exercises I am doing. For at little while at least, I will have a bigger stomach as I push the diaphragm out. That's okay though, breathing correctly will help with weight loss.

Turandot 04-30-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcgrown (Post 16402446)
You take care of your emotional health as well as your physical one. I'm sending you warm, caring energy.

As for yoga, I have done it but never got the breathing thing down. Same with pilates and the martial arts inspired exercises I am doing. For at little while at least, I will have a bigger stomach as I push the diaphragm out. That's okay though, breathing correctly will help with weight loss.

NEVER breath HIGH. Don't lift your shoulders, push out your tummy and breath as often as you can from your Vagina!!! That's how I make a living!! :lol:

bcgrown 04-30-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turandot (Post 16402452)
NEVER breath HIGH. Don't lift your shoulders, push out your tummy and breath as often as you can from your Vagina!!! That's how I make a living!! :lol:

I was actually thinking of you when I was practising this last night! It will come easily eventually, I just have to keep practising. :lol:

Mim 05-01-2013 04:12 AM

Good Wednesday morning!

Oh Turan - I'm sorry about your family member. Turning to food is part of "our" natural response. I'm glad you were able to get it under control. Be gentle with yourself as you process the devastating news.

bc - I admire you and your exercise. I just can't get it going right now. I know I feel better when I exercise but getting back into the routine is tough. Congratulations for taking such good care of yourself!

Hey CC - it is time to think spring purses! I want something fun and bright. I may have found what I'm looking for - I'll post a picture later.

This is my weigh in day - I lost 4.5 pounds this week. This is weight I regained in March and I still have to lose more of it. But at least I'm on the right track!

Cherry88 05-01-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcgrown (Post 16401676)

I'm sorry to hear you are going through pain and am relieved to hear you've found a nice solution. We should all be breathing that way but most of us are shallow breathers :)

Cherry88 05-01-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

I WAS SO GOOD!!

:( Hope everything is okay with your loved one :heart:

Cherry88 05-01-2013 06:17 AM

Good morning friends! Happy May!

I slept terribly last night. I have sleep apnea and I kept struggling to take a breath while slept. I finally had to prop myself up on a pillow and was able to breath better. So now I have a slight headache and am in a cranky kind of mood with no appetite.
I have some chicken thighs marinating in the fridge and I may have 2 or 3 poached eggs for breakfast with some oolong tea (that tea is my new addiction). I do have some Orange Diet Crush soda but I'm gonna be careful with these types of foods and limit them as I don't want to be stalled at all!
I haven't weighed myself in months and I feel anxiety everytime I even think of the scale so I will just measure my loss with clothes :)
On top of Walk Away The Pounds, I also purchased Greer Childer's Shapely Secrets. Reason being is that my body simply cannot handle hardcore exercise at this time (which is really a shame because I am fairly young but that's okay because this is why I am here and doing this).
I will let you guys know how it goes :)

Great morning all!

Cherry88 05-01-2013 09:43 AM

I know where the fatigue, crankiness and lack of appetite are coming from.

I welcomed the month of May with my TOM. Ugh :(

bcgrown 05-01-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mim (Post 16402780)
Good Wednesday morning!

bc - I admire you and your exercise. I just can't get it going right now. I know I feel better when I exercise but getting back into the routine is tough. Congratulations for taking such good care of yourself!

This is my weigh in day - I lost 4.5 pounds this week. This is weight I regained in March and I still have to lose more of it. But at least I'm on the right track!

If I stuck with my exercise I would be so much better. I just keep starting and stopping. I have a bad habit of not sticking with things.

Congrats on the weight loss.

bcgrown 05-01-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry88 (Post 16402974)
I'm sorry to hear you are going through pain and am relieved to hear you've found a nice solution. We should all be breathing that way but most of us are shallow breathers :)

I shall survive! :lol:

You shall too - once your TOM passes you will be fine again.

Cherry88 05-01-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcgrown (Post 16403588)
I shall survive! :lol:

You shall too - once your TOM passes you will be fine again.

Right on!

For now I will sleep until my son gets home from school :)

Mim 05-02-2013 03:23 AM

Good Thursday morning! I'm getting ready to head out for a breakfast meeting. I have a dinner meeting too. At least both of those are in restaurants and I can stay on plan! I fell off hard yesterday, after a week of being strong. But I'm going to be on plan today! I hope everyone has a great Thursday!

CCGirl 05-02-2013 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcgrown (Post 16401658)
let's get this going for May!

thanks for the new thread bc!

Quote:

I WAS SO GOOD!!

OMG {{{{{{{{{{{Turan}}}}}}}}}}}} sending love your way!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turandot (Post 16402452)

:laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mim (Post 16402780)
Good Wednesday morning!

Oh Turan - I'm sorry about your family member. Turning to food is part of "our" natural response. I'm glad you were able to get it under control. Be gentle with yourself as you process the devastating news.

Hey CC - it is time to think spring purses! I want something fun and bright. I may have found what I'm looking for - I'll post a picture later.

WOW WTG Mim on the loss! Post away!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry88 (Post 16403460)
I know where the fatigue, crankiness and lack of appetite are coming from.

I welcomed the month of May with my TOM. Ugh :(

:console: poor kid, hang in there!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mim (Post 16404715)
Good Thursday morning! I'm getting ready to head out for a breakfast meeting. I have a dinner meeting too. At least both of those are in restaurants and I can stay on plan! I fell off hard yesterday, after a week of being strong. But I'm going to be on plan today! I hope everyone has a great Thursday!

happy day to you, Mim, leave the past behind.

After seven months I can finally report that my POS step brother has FINALLY been arrested for check fraud, just the beginning of arrests for the numerous check/money theft and identity thefts he has committed since my Dad passing.

It is gratifiying but now I am anew with worries about Mom being threatened/stalked/etc. We are on high alert again. The hearing for the extension of the restraining order is on the tenth. :aprayer:

Cherry88 05-02-2013 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCGirl (Post 16404862)

OMG {{{{{{{{{{{Turan}}}}}}}}}}}} sending love your way!

:laugh:

WOW WTG Mim on the loss! Post away!

:console: poor kid, hang in there!

happy day to you, Mim, leave the past behind.

After seven months I can finally report that my POS step brother has FINALLY been arrested for check fraud, just the beginning of arrests for the numerous check/money theft and identity thefts he has committed since my Dad passing.

It is gratifiying but now I am anew with worries about Mom being threatened/stalked/etc. We are on high alert again. The hearing for the extension of the restraining order is on the tenth. :aprayer:

That sounds awful. You will be in my best thoughts :heart: The 10th is right around the corner. In the meantime, does mom have some pepper spray and a cell phone? SMH some crazy mofos in this world :(

Mommie22boys 05-02-2013 09:40 AM

Joining in for this month. I know I fell off posting last month, but I never really left. Been following Stillmans for the most part, but I have been adding in more fat on some days (eating the skin on my rotiss chicken, having a nice cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce, using real mayo) in an effort to manage a calorie rotation. As you know, it's hard to increase calories on strict Stillmans, and I really want to get my calories up on some days. Also, I've been adding in "shake days" a couple of times in the past week or so...I think it has helped rev up my losses. Unfortunately, eating popcorn (why on earth do I think that's acceptable?!?) has certainly not been helpful to my efforts.

At any rate, since starting Stillman's on April 1st, I've lost 14.4 pounds. I know I should be thrilled with that (and I AM), but I feel like I could have done better, because I took a week in there where I ate way too much food on too many days, and was kind of sloppy with my carbs. Boo. :(

So...today is a shake day:

B: coffee w/ ff h&h
L: protein shake
D: undecided, but will be either another shake or some chicken breast and maybe a HB egg

My protein shakes are made up of a cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1 scoop of zero carb protein powder, 2 tsp SF jello pudding powder, 1/2 tsp glucommanan powder and some sweetener. Sometimes I add some canned pumpkin as well.

bcgrown 05-02-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCGirl (Post 16404862)

Let me at him! I have been watching tons of MMA and Martial Arts movies and I think I can handle him. If I can remember what Lorenzo Lamas was doing, I could kick butt. I'll defend you!

Seriously though, I am thinking of you and praying everything works out right. And you are welcome for the new thread.

GidgetPiecukonis 05-02-2013 01:55 PM

Hello. :-) I am a lurker here even though I have not really stuck with Stillmans for a while. I try then I fall off...badly...then I try again. Well here I am trying AGAIN. LOL I have my first cruise in 190 short days and I really want to be bikini ready. I also have been yelled at by my doc for my weight creeping back up and she wants my cholesterol down. Anyway....I am going to literally do plain chicken, fish, and eggs and TONS of water and my vitamins and that is IT! My question is.....for my eggs...I LOVE those jars of pickled eggs. I know they are higher in sodium but do you think they would be ok on Stillmans?

I was 228 then down to 206 and now 220 so I really need to do something quick! My doc wants to see me below 200 when I go back at the end of June.

CCGirl 05-02-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry88 (Post 16404874)
That sounds awful. You will be in my best thoughts :heart: The 10th is right around the corner. In the meantime, does mom have some pepper spray and a cell phone? SMH some crazy mofos in this world :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcgrown (Post 16405421)
Let me at him! I have been watching tons of MMA and Martial Arts movies and I think I can handle him. If I can remember what Lorenzo Lamas was doing, I could kick butt. I'll defend you!

Seriously though, I am thinking of you and praying everything works out right. And you are welcome for the new thread.

Thanks, y'all, I appreciate the well wishes and bodyguard offers!:laugh: Seriously, he's aged so badly from the addiction I could take him blindfolded. We are on high alert, she carries her keys everywhere when she is home, doors locked, cell phone always on, copies of restraining order in purse/car at all times. The local police have a car on her street 24/7.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GidgetPiecukonis (Post 16405900)
Hello. :-) I am a lurker here even though I have not really stuck with Stillmans for a while. I try then I fall off...badly...then I try again. Well here I am trying AGAIN. LOL I have my first cruise in 190 short days and I really want to be bikini ready. I also have been yelled at by my doc for my weight creeping back up and she wants my cholesterol down. Anyway....I am going to literally do plain chicken, fish, and eggs and TONS of water and my vitamins and that is IT! My question is.....for my eggs...I LOVE those jars of pickled eggs. I know they are higher in sodium but do you think they would be ok on Stillmans?

I was 228 then down to 206 and now 220 so I really need to do something quick! My doc wants to see me below 200 when I go back at the end of June.

welcome Gidget!!!!!!!! Never had pickled eggs, try them with tons of water and see.

OK, what is everyone giving/hoping to get for Mother's Day? I can't get her a gun until we move there:laugh:

Turandot 05-02-2013 06:48 PM

CCG

I hope they lock him up for the REST of his life!!!

I will be back for hard core stills SUNDAY!

bcgrown 05-02-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GidgetPiecukonis (Post 16405900)

I love picked eggs! If they are pickled with sugar they may be a problem and you would have to be careful of the salt. They also make me spark so no one wants to be around me! heehee.

Welcome to the nut house Gidget. It is a pleasure to meet you.

Mim 05-03-2013 03:36 AM

Good Friday morning! I've been in a bad place the last few days. I'm going to take steps to turn it around today.

Hi Gidget! Good to see you!

What is everyone doing this weekend? I'm going to do some packing - getting ready to move in a few weeks. Most of the day today will be spent at work though.

Mommie22boys 05-03-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mim (Post 16406671)
Good Friday morning! I've been in a bad place the last few days. I'm going to take steps to turn it around today.

What is everyone doing this weekend? I'm going to do some packing - getting ready to move in a few weeks. Most of the day today will be spent at work though.

I'm spending tomorrow morning at the baseball fields, followed by a stint at the hockey rink, as my boys have games this weekend. It is going to be a gorgeous weekend around here, so I'm also hoping to get out and walk or ride my bike along the lake. Unfortunately, I've also got a boatload of housework that needs tending...busy, busy, busy!

Ok, so here's what I'm eating today:

B: coffee w/ ff h&h
L: chicken breast "sandwich" on lettuce leaves with tomato slices, LF mayo and SF bbq sauce, SF jello
S: chocolate cheesecake protein shake and/or some cold rotiss chicken
D: unsure...thinking about doing a lemon-garlic tilapia filet w/ LF homemade tartar sauce
S: maybe another protein shake later...

Enjoy your day, peeps!

Cherry88 05-03-2013 12:55 PM

Hi Stillmanistas!

I still haven't eaten today. I think I will bake a piece of fish so I have something to take my vitamin with :)

No plans this weekend. Just hanging out with my son. We'll probably go to the local mall and spend money (that I don't have lol) With Mother's Day approaching, I would like to go to Olive Garden but I won't because I am very serious about sticking to Stillman's for the next 2 months. Maybe I can get something nice from Body Shop! I'm a sucker for vanilla/cream/citrus types of fragrances :)

I also have to learn that celebrating doesn't always mean eating. I've been conditioned to think that was (I think we all do).

Have a wonderful Friday All!!:jumpjoy:

Turandot 05-03-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mim (Post 16406671)

SENDING YOU LOVE! :console:

Turandot 05-03-2013 04:49 PM

Cheat day tomorrow! YAY!!!

Sunday hard core stills for 3 weeks. I plan to eat mostly seafood so I can control the fat!

Turandot 05-03-2013 04:52 PM

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE LOVE

My mentor has stage 4 lung cancer. She asked me to come home to say goodbye. I am looking at flights now. :cry: