Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Well done, bc! I walked this morning too. It feels good, doesn't it!
Yeah except for the back pain! Then I get home and a few hours after that my mom calls. My dad went into hospital on Saturday and we thought he would be going home today but his blood pressure rose dramatically and he became incoherent so they are trying to find out what's wrong.

I will go for a walk tomorrow morning again. Rain or shine. I hope you enjoyed your walk.
bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post
Hi ladies! Still super busy here, but thankfully completely over my mysterious tummy bug. I lost just over 12 lbs in one week, but once I rehydrated again of course I regained all but 4 of them. As a result I'm technically not overweight anymore, but there are definitely more pleasant ways to lose weight...ugh!

So anyway, I haven't exercised or followed anything resembling a regular eating plan for a while now, so it's time to get back on the horse I think. I'm still dealing with a lot of very stressful work deadlines and other issues, so I need to keep things as simple as possible. I'm planning to drink some Stillmans-friendly meal replacement shakes during the day and a lean protein plus salad meal at night. I need some really dense nutrition in a quick and easy form right now and this seems like a viable plan until my life calms down again. As for exercise, 30 mins on the treadmill daily is about all I can commit to right now, but at least it's something.

Hope you all have a wonderful week and do very well in all ways!
YOU have done so incredibly well for so long! Be proud of all you have done! I am so sorry that you are facing so much stress right now and I am sending you hugs of support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starzmom View Post
I stayed all eggs for most of my egg day, but had some LC pudding at nite. So no loss.
I'm still tryin' though!
I LOVE PUDDING! You did well all day!

Quote:
Good Monday morning! I lost 1.5 of the regained pounds. In a bit I'll walk to the office, which will count as my morning walk. And of course, I'll walk back! I'm feeling better already!

Paleo - I'm glad you are feeling better, and congratulations on the weight loss! Yes, there are much better ways to take it of. But still, you are out of the overweight category!

Well done staying with eggs, Starzmom. The weight will come off. Honest!

I have a lot of work to do at the office that hopefully I can finish today. Have a great day, everyone!
LOST WEIGHT IS LOST WEIGHT!! YAY YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
I was laying in bed this morning, looking at the clock. I don't exercise too early b/c I am on the second floor in an apartment building and the people below me sleep late. I had an idea. I threw on some shorts, brushed my teeth, grabbed my cell phone and went for a half hour walk. Towards the end, I had this gripping pain in my back - made my legs buckle. I have arthritis in my spine and haven't taken care of it. Time to start!

But I am going to do this every morning - walk for at least a half hour before breakfast or anything.
WOW! THAT is impressive!!! I am so sorry that you have pain but SO IMPRESSED that you walked right away!
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #243
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiny
Stats: 166/147/127 - 5' 4" - 50 yo
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post

YOU HAVE DONE SO WELL!!!!!!!! YOU already look GREAT!
Ah shucks! Thanks.

So, 1.2 more pounds off this morning. Total loss since May 12 is 7.8 pounds.

REALLY wanted a bottle of wine tonight, but don't want to mess up this good thing I got going on! Then I was thinking, hmmm, vodka is supposedly zero carb, right?

I resisted. It helped that a little Cuisinart countertop grill that I ordered online arrived today. Quick and easy delicious grilled hamburger patties for dinner, with some diet tonic that I could pretend was a cocktail.
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Today I was swamped with coaching to prepare for Peru with my vocal coach and pianist. I had eggs this morning and 2 hamburger patties for lunch/ dinner. I am going to stick with this until my treat meal Thursday. As soon as I saw my coach he talked about my weight loss immediately! I got on the scale this morning and I've lost 5 lbs!! I have to be careful my cheat meal doesn't make me GAIN 5lbs!!! I will be right back on Friday morning but I am taking my mentor out to say goodbye to her while she can still go out Thursday night. I will fly in Thursday morning and I will need SEVERAL cocktails that day.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Ah shucks! Thanks.

So, 1.2 more pounds off this morning. Total loss since May 12 is 7.8 pounds.

REALLY wanted a bottle of wine tonight, but don't want to mess up this good thing I got going on! Then I was thinking, hmmm, vodka is supposedly zero carb, right?

I resisted. It helped that a little Cuisinart countertop grill that I ordered online arrived today. Quick and easy delicious grilled hamburger patties for dinner, with some diet tonic that I could pretend was a cocktail.
HAVE THE VODKA!! NO CARBS AT ALL just drink a LOT of water the next day!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Hi Everyone,
I've been a long time lurker, reading the forums over the years, finally joined. I see some of the regulars here. Got back on Atkins/Low Carb my way; decided to do Stillman's for the rest of May and see how it goes from there. You sure are a great group in this forum, nice people in other LC forums here also. You've all come a long way, proud of you. Will log in again soon. Take care and have a great week. ~MP~
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:50 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Pardon me, meant to say had been thinking about deciding on doing Stillman's or the M/E, getting prepared for it. Will check in again soon, best of luck to everyone. ~MP~
Old 05-21-2013, 03:53 AM   #248
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Tuesday morning! Sigh, I'm up .5 this morning. I'm thinking that I've had too much sodium - I've been eating hot dogs. They are quick and life has been hectic lately. But I'll stay away from them now.

Turan - congratulations on your loss! I really admire your dedication.

maepowers - welcome!

BC - I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you get answers.

Tiny - what is drinking wine compared to losing weight! The problem with drinking, even low carb is that our body will burn off the alcohol before it burns off the fat. I would rather my body just burn fat!

Ok, gotta go. I'm going to take a load of boxes to the storage unit, then do some office work and then go to a meeting that starts at 4. I just can't tell you the depth of excitement I'm feeling right now! : )
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starzmom
Another mostly egg day yesterday and I'm down 3/4 pound, my first loss in a long while. Now I remember why I've stuck to this WOE before! Going to continue today.
Starzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
Hey everyone! I decided to come over to this forum and read what its all about!! I am glad I did

summer is just around the corner, and I have a wedding in two weeks. I would love to follow this plan since I don't really cook and can definitely stick to something that requires just meat/eggs all day. I hear about all this incredibly fast weight loss which I would love!

I am going to give it a try for 3 days and see how my body reacts to it. I have a dinner on Friday night so that would be a cheat. But it would be great to do this in between to lose some weight!

Starting weight is May 21:182.8 lbs
May 22:
May 23:
May 24:

Excited to get thin! Would love to hear some of your results/success/experiences/tips !
Old 05-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
Yeah except for the back pain! Then I get home and a few hours after that my mom calls. My dad went into hospital on Saturday and we thought he would be going home today but his blood pressure rose dramatically and he became incoherent so they are trying to find out what's wrong.

I will go for a walk tomorrow morning again. Rain or shine. I hope you enjoyed your walk.
O nooooo, not good........ out to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
Today I was swamped with coaching to prepare for Peru with my vocal coach and pianist. I had eggs this morning and 2 hamburger patties for lunch/ dinner. I am going to stick with this until my treat meal Thursday. As soon as I saw my coach he talked about my weight loss immediately! I got on the scale this morning and I've lost 5 lbs!! I have to be careful my cheat meal doesn't make me GAIN 5lbs!!! I will be right back on Friday morning but I am taking my mentor out to say goodbye to her while she can still go out Thursday night. I will fly in Thursday morning and I will need SEVERAL cocktails that day.
Turan enjoy your mentor while she is here, time is precious.

welcome new stalkers

ugh, I have nothing cooked, eating pork rinds......

on a lighter note, pun intended, I weed whacked for forty five minutes last night. The sweat was rolling down my face. May do the riding mowe tonight, it's muggy and warm........just like FL yay!!!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:22 AM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Good news to report! I'm down another 1.25 pounds.
That makes 2 pounds lost in two days of mostly eggs.
I love Dr. Stillman.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:28 AM   #253
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Wednesday morning! Well, I am slowly making a dent in the packing. I worked in the storage unit yesterday when I took a load over. I'll take a load over today too. I have to go to the office this morning so I'll load my car and drive to the office and then go to the storage unit. I'm not losing weight. I don't understand it.

Turan - blessings on your time with with your mentor.

Welcome Angie! This is a great place!

BC - how is your dad? How is your back?

CC - how are the plans coming along for the big move? You are getting quite the workout while doing the yard work. I don't do well in hot weather.

I'm off - there is coffee to be drunk and eggs to be eaten!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:04 AM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

nice going Starz!!!!!!!!!!!

Mim, you're probably holding water due to the workouts you are getting with all the packing and moving.

Mim, it's even hotter and muggier today and I am loving it, dreaming of FL........we had frost a week ago and now it's 75 degrees and I have the air conditioners cranked!

Our realtor is finishing up the details before listing, one side of the duplex is now vacant so it needs painting and treatment for bugs. He plans to list it at the end of the month.

I am paring down my list of houses and doing real research into how far each one is from the University.

Reading posts like mad for weeks now on City Data about living/moving to/leaving in northern FL.

And slowly decluttering and donating things we won't take.

and we still have mountains of stuff. I still have boxes in the attic that we never unpacked from when we moved up here 21 years ago
Old 05-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Hi all and WELCOME NEWBIES!!

I am travelling tomorrow to see My mentor and I will be home Tuesday. My husband is going with me and I have a LOT of music to learn in the mean time. Tomorrow will be the cheat meal the right back on STRICT friday!! I had my manager call the hotel so I could get a piano in my suite and also a treadmill!!! YAY! Now I can run/walk in private!! No one has to see me

I am sending you all hugs! I will check in when I can.

xoxo
T
Old 05-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Thanks all for the welcome

Hi Mim, Angie (Welcome to you too), hey BC, Turan, CCgirl, Starz and all others. Thanks for the kind welcome. Hope your dad is better BC, and your trip went well Turan (glad you got to spend time with your mentor). CCgirl hope the move goes well, I hate moving, pita that.

BC, what do you write? I'm a writer/editor myself (scifi, romance, things with a twist. my website is my login name and .com) I hope to get to know you all. Here if you need inspiration, anyone. Well officially weigh in day today, I'm down almost 4 pounds since last week (the week before 6 pounds); so not too bad getting back into my low carb lifestyle. Close to a long time goal now of being under 250. Clocked in at 253.6 this morning. Now am getting stricter with meal plan and exercise (besides being committable, lol, I'm committed to doing this without obsessing over it. Don't we all do that at one point or another?) Looking forward to getting to know you all better instead of just lurking, lol. Will check back in a few days if not later tonight.
Hope you all have grand week. ~MP~
Old 05-23-2013, 03:59 AM   #257
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Thursday morning! I woke up to a much cooler temperature. It feels so good! I will continue to juggle work and packing today. I may even make two trips to the storage unit! I really downsized but I still have way too much stuff. I wish I could go through the boxes that are in the storage unit that I didn't use here. But when I move to my next call, I will unpack everything and give it away if I I don't have need of it. Some of what is in storage is decorative and I don't have room here. But some of it is just stuff I need to let go of.

CC, can you relate? : )

My weight remains the same. The whoosh fairy better be on her way!
Old 05-23-2013, 04:30 AM   #258
Senior LCF Member

I'm up .5 pounds but not unexpected. I ate a little too much an am"holding on to things."
Another mostly egg day ahead. I wish everyone success today!
Old 05-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Hi Gals!
I'm back again...after a brief interlude of trying to be vegan. Did not work for me! so back to stills, only a week to go before my trip to Miami. I am going to be super strict. I have been doing a no carb protein shake (just protein powder and water for breakfast) then lean protein lunch and dinner. hoping to get off 5 lbs or more in a week, I know still can do it. weighed in today at 149. (but had a lot of carbs on the vegan thing, I'm usually around 147) Hope everyone is having a good day!!
xo Ainsley
healthy for life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good Thursday morning! I woke up to a much cooler temperature. It feels so good! I will continue to juggle work and packing today. I may even make two trips to the storage unit! I really downsized but I still have way too much stuff. I wish I could go through the boxes that are in the storage unit that I didn't use here. But when I move to my next call, I will unpack everything and give it away if I I don't have need of it. Some of what is in storage is decorative and I don't have room here. But some of it is just stuff I need to let go of.

CC, can you relate? : )

My weight remains the same. The whoosh fairy better be on her way!
oh,yeah, baby, I am decluttering like mad. Luckily I've furnished our place with 'antiques' and some free stuff so I will be giving a lot away. Dad left us the contents of his old antique store so we will have all new to us furniture anyway. He had much nicer stuff than we could afford so it will be really nice.

I'm concentrating on the living areas before tackling the attic (DH calls it Treasure Island) he refuses to go up there, I have it packed to the gills.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #261
Junior LCF Member

I had a couple of totally off days. It all started with the thought that a little vodka and diet tonic couldn't hurt, and after that I was looking for anything sweet in the house. So, basically I've sort of binged two nights in a row (days good, nights not so much). Undid a lot of good work, but I dumped out all the vodka and now I know that I can't have a little drink without it totally derailing me. Back to the still man and I'm not going to leave him for the next 6 weeks.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I had a couple of totally off days. It all started with the thought that a little vodka and diet tonic couldn't hurt, and after that I was looking for anything sweet in the house. So, basically I've sort of binged two nights in a row (days good, nights not so much). Undid a lot of good work, but I dumped out all the vodka and now I know that I can't have a little drink without it totally derailing me. Back to the still man and I'm not going to leave him for the next 6 weeks.
OMG my life parallel........except for the dumping out and going hard core

I mow to offset the vodka, does that count?

and my mother will be without a restraining order from the 29th to the 31st, the foreclosure on my step brothers farm was yesterday so I expect drama in the near future; another cocktail, please............
Old 05-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #263
Junior LCF Member

Seriously CCgirl, my wine habit is what caused the weight gain in the first place. It's so easy for a glass of wine to become several, and then what it does to my appetite...totally revs it up. I don't do moderation well. That's one reason I think the extremes of stillman are a good fit for me. Anyway. Back at it tomorrow.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:48 AM   #264
Senior LCF Member

I think I had too much salt so I'm up .5 pounds again. Still sayin' with the Still, tho. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:50 AM   #265
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Friday morning! Yeah! I finally dropped two! Of course, this is weight I had regained. But still it is a loss! I'm going out to dinner with a friend tonight. I will be as good as I can be! I'm going to look at the menu in a few minutes. I was going to treat myself to a glass of wine, but now that I've finally dropped a few, I'll just have water.

What is everyone doing this long weekend? I'm thinking about smoking some ribs for me and my son. I make my own dry rub so I don't have to worry about extra carbs in store bought. I won't do that until Tuesday though, so I guess that doesn't answer the question about what I'm doing this weekend! Oh yeah - I'm continuing to pack and haul stuff to the storage unit. Along with going to the hospital this morning to see a parishioner and doing some office work. But it is beginning to look like I'm going to get moved!

Happy Friday!
Old 05-24-2013, 04:52 AM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tiny, I can so relate........but, that being said, be kind to yourself. We all deal in different ways. We are our own worst critics. Every day is a gift. Treat it as such.

Oh Mim I can be there in five hours mmmmmmmmmm ribs!

Pouring rain this morning with temps at their high of sixty dropping to forties by this afternoon..........again we huddle in the cottage for a long miserable weekend........blech........yet another reason to long to relocate to FL..........
Old 05-24-2013, 04:52 AM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Good for you, Mim!
I remembered that I ate some mushrooms with cheese on top yesterday bc hubby was having pizza. Also a quest bar. lol This could be why I went up instead of down!
Old 05-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Seriously CCgirl, my wine habit is what caused the weight gain in the first place. It's so easy for a glass of wine to become several, and then what it does to my appetite...totally revs it up. I don't do moderation well. That's one reason I think the extremes of stillman are a good fit for me. Anyway. Back at it tomorrow.
I can relate! For me it is white rum. One turns into several and I start back at my old eating habits. Not good.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:23 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Hi Mim, Angie (Welcome to you too), hey BC, Turan, CCgirl, Starz and all others. Thanks for the kind welcome. Hope your dad is better BC, and your trip went well Turan (glad you got to spend time with your mentor). CCgirl hope the move goes well, I hate moving, pita that.

BC, what do you write? I'm a writer/editor myself (scifi, romance, things with a twist. my website is my login name and .com) I hope to get to know you all. Here if you need inspiration, anyone. Well officially weigh in day today, I'm down almost 4 pounds since last week (the week before 6 pounds); so not too bad getting back into my low carb lifestyle. Close to a long time goal now of being under 250. Clocked in at 253.6 this morning. Now am getting stricter with meal plan and exercise (besides being committable, lol, I'm committed to doing this without obsessing over it. Don't we all do that at one point or another?) Looking forward to getting to know you all better instead of just lurking, lol. Will check back in a few days if not later tonight.
Hope you all have grand week. ~MP~
Hi Mae,

I write paranormal. My latest is entitled Missing Flowers and it is a paranormal mystery. My real name is Karen Magill. I also write a blog on Vancouver history.

My weight is up and down. I found that stills was not for me but I pop in sometimes to say hi to everyone!
Old 05-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good Wednesday morning! Well, I am slowly making a dent in the packing. I worked in the storage unit yesterday when I took a load over. I'll take a load over today too. I have to go to the office this morning so I'll load my car and drive to the office and then go to the storage unit. I'm not losing weight. I don't understand it.

Turan - blessings on your time with with your mentor.

Welcome Angie! This is a great place!

BC - how is your dad? How is your back?

CC - how are the plans coming along for the big move? You are getting quite the workout while doing the yard work. I don't do well in hot weather.

I'm off - there is coffee to be drunk and eggs to be eaten!
My Dad is still in hospital. I went to see him yesterday and he is pretty weak. But it seems the worst is over.

I don't know what was with my back but it seems to be better. I am walking without my cane for the first time in thirteen years so my body is adjusting to that.

This morning when I went for my walk I turned it into a walk/jog where I walk then jog then walk then jog. Hope it helps get the weight down b/c mine is going up this week! Go figure.