Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I blend the cottage cheese til smooth
-then add toriani sugar free syrups, I have white chocolate, english toffee, chocolate, caramel and vanilla flavours or you can buy the splenda for coffee in the french vanilla flavour OR you can get almond or lemon or whatever flavour extracts from the grocery store.
-then freeze it and stir periodically so it doesn't freeze into a solid block or you could put it in a ice cream maker if you have one (I don't )
Thanks for this. I am going to keep it for sure!
bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Warning: Processed Meats Not Safe for Consumption

lead in processed meats, who knew?
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #213
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
bc - what tai chi dvd do you use? I've been wanting to try tai chi! I can't do aerobic exercises without a cooling vest which is a pain.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
bc - what tai chi dvd do you use? I've been wanting to try tai chi! I can't do aerobic exercises without a cooling vest which is a pain.
It is made by Gaiam and is called T'AI CHI Daily Practice. The instructor is David-Dorian Ross. It is great b/c it goes through each movement step by step and is divided into three training segments. I have got segment one down and skip to the daily practice section then go back to section two and learn more.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:19 AM   #215
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Saturday morning! I had a lovely day yesterday. And i did a bit of soul searching. And I will be back on plan after lunch today. I have a plan to get myself moved and a plan to get back on plan.

Thanks for the info, BC. I have the dvd in my cart. I'll have to order it later this afternoon though 'cause I left my purse in my car and I don't know my credit card number. But it will be ordered today and I'll start it after I move.

Speaking of moving - I need to get moving. I have to be at the church in less than an hour. Have a great Saturday, everyone.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #216
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiny
Stats: 166/147/127 - 5' 4" - 50 yo
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 12, 2013
I haven't lost in two days! In fact, I've gained .4. Still, the loss is pretty remarkable. From Sunday 165.6 to Saturday 159.2 is 6.4 pounds in less than a week. But I am trying to figure out what happened these past two days to reverse the trend...I think I didn't drink enough water, and maybe too much salt, and a bit of low carb terriyaki marinade on my chicken could have thrown things off as well. So, downing the water today, avoiding salt and condiments, and adding exercise.

Happy Saturday to all!
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starzmom
Tiny- I think you're doing the right thing. You've had a wonderful loss this week. You're probably just retaining some fluid today.
Starzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #218
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starzmom View Post
Tiny- I think you're doing the right thing. You've had a wonderful loss this week. You're probably just retaining some fluid today.
Thanks for the encouragement. I really appreciate it
Old 05-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I haven't lost in two days! In fact, I've gained .4. Still, the loss is pretty remarkable. From Sunday 165.6 to Saturday 159.2 is 6.4 pounds in less than a week. But I am trying to figure out what happened these past two days to reverse the trend...I think I didn't drink enough water, and maybe too much salt, and a bit of low carb terriyaki marinade on my chicken could have thrown things off as well. So, downing the water today, avoiding salt and condiments, and adding exercise.

Happy Saturday to all!
YOU HAVE HAD AN INCREDIBLE WEEK!!!!!! You are on track and doing SO SO WELL. I am sure it's the salt. You should be THRILLED with your loss this week.

Quote:
EXACTLY! Hi SM good to see you again!
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Had more fat than I wanted today but I had to have it to get through a LOT of singing. LONG rehearsals and tons of press stuff for my upcoming season. I had eggs this morning with 1 sausage link then I had no time for any other food at all until my HUGE bowl of romaine lettuce with turkey bacon bits and some parm cheese. I also with my TOM issues ate ANOTHER Atkins peanut bar. So my day was more atkins induction than Stillmans.
I did so my walk/run for 18 min. 2 min walk 2 min run! Feels so GREAT! Makes my chest POUND and my legs burn but I LOVE IT!
Old 05-19-2013, 03:44 AM   #221
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday morning! Well, I got on the scale. Reality check. I took my blood pressure. Reality check. I have re-committed to getting healthy. It is funny because I went on plan after lunch yesterday. The only thing I had to eat after lunch was shrimp. I was up several times last night because my body was in dire need of expelling excess water!

I need to make some lifestyle changes. I'm going to start walking in the morning. There is a park close by that has a trail that can be walked in half mile or mile course. I'm going to try to do that at least 5 days a week. I ordered the Tai Chi dvd. I figured out how to get moved. I'm on my way to de-stressing.

Turan - well done. Again! Eating more fat is so much better than eating carbs. And I bet you still lose.

I'm off to get ready for church. I have a before worship meeting - speaking of high stress!
Old 05-19-2013, 05:07 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Turandot- Your story is so impressive!
Mim- You're the glue that holds the Stillman board together!
Happy Sunday.

I'm doing all eggs today to try to jump start that weight loss!
Old 05-19-2013, 06:45 AM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
another glorious day had by all, go us!

getting ready to take my BFF out for her birthday.........some retail therapy and lunch at Ruby Tuesday......cloudy and breezy out.....Brrrrrrrrrrr..........won't even break 67 today.........what to wear, what to wear............
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:04 AM   #224
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Scarlet_Belle
Stats: 176.4/172.4/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2011
I am starting the diet today, weighing in at 159.6 lbs at 5"2.5". I have a copy of the book and I was just reading it, he says a person could drop 10 lbs the first week! So, I could be 149 lbs by the 26th. Wish me luck!

I also have a high school reunion in about five and a half weeks. If I attend, I am thinking about sewing my own dress for the occasion. I was imagining Marilyn Monroe's fuchsia dress from Niagara.

Scarlet_Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #225
Junior LCF Member

Week One Down

Okay, this is the official mark of week two. I started at 165.6, and I am now 159. At some point in the week I was a little lighter, but the official week 1 loss is 6.6 pounds - a little more that 4% of my starting weight. Pretty good, I think. I'm gonna stick with it until July 7. I have a college reunion on July 12th. I pretty sure I won't be back at my 120 college weight, but I will be looking damn fine for a 50-year old!
Old 05-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #226
Junior LCF Member

This is a cool group!

I am finding this group of women really interesting and cool. I know that Turandot is a beautiful opera singer and bc is a successful author. Mim, are you a minister? - Tina
Old 05-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #227
Junior LCF Member

Good Luck Scarlett Belle. Beautiful dress!
Old 05-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #228
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am finding this group of women really interesting and cool. I know that Turandot is a beautiful opera singer and bc is a successful author. Mim, are you a minister? - Tina
Yup! I am a minister in a mainline denomination. I've been ordained for 25 years!
Old 05-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #229
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Yup! I am a minister in a mainline denomination. I've been ordained for 25 years!
That's amazing! Such a meaningful job. Good for you.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good Sunday morning! Well, I got on the scale. Reality check. I took my blood pressure. Reality check. I have re-committed to getting healthy. It is funny because I went on plan after lunch yesterday. The only thing I had to eat after lunch was shrimp. I was up several times last night because my body was in dire need of expelling excess water!

I need to make some lifestyle changes. I'm going to start walking in the morning. There is a park close by that has a trail that can be walked in half mile or mile course. I'm going to try to do that at least 5 days a week. I ordered the Tai Chi dvd. I figured out how to get moved. I'm on my way to de-stressing.

Turan - well done. Again! Eating more fat is so much better than eating carbs. And I bet you still lose.

I'm off to get ready for church. I have a before worship meeting - speaking of high stress!
I agree with you. I also have to make lifestyle changes. I have to quit drinking alcohol and overeating. One bit of stress and I go off the wall! I have to start meditation and get back to cardio when I get up, weights three days a week, tai chi and other stuff. Mim, we can do it!
Old 05-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Tiny. I don't know about being a successful author but I am working on it!
Old 05-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Belle View Post
I am starting the diet today, weighing in at 159.6 lbs at 5"2.5". I have a copy of the book and I was just reading it, he says a person could drop 10 lbs the first week! So, I could be 149 lbs by the 26th. Wish me luck!

I also have a high school reunion in about five and a half weeks. If I attend, I am thinking about sewing my own dress for the occasion. I was imagining Marilyn Monroe's fuchsia dress from Niagara.

Good luck! I keep saying I am going to sew but don't get to it. (Got to figure out how to get my sewing machine working properly first though)

Would you mind if I took a copy of that photo of Marilyn? I have some friends who wrote a book on what would have happened if Marilyn Monroe had lived. I would like to send it to them.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

A walk in the morning is SUCH a GREAT idea. I might try my walk/run in the morning. I am sure it will be invigorating. GOOD FOR YOU. Way to brave the scale!

Quote:
Turandot- Your story is so impressive!
Mim- You're the glue that holds the Stillman board together!
Happy Sunday.

I'm doing all eggs today to try to jump start that weight loss!
How was the day of eggs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
another glorious day had by all, go us!

getting ready to take my BFF out for her birthday.........some retail therapy and lunch at Ruby Tuesday......cloudy and breezy out.....Brrrrrrrrrrr..........won't even break 67 today.........what to wear, what to wear............
GO YOU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Belle View Post

THAT DRESS IS SO SEXY!! You will turn heads for SURE.
Quote:
Okay, this is the official mark of week two. I started at 165.6, and I am now 159. At some point in the week I was a little lighter, but the official week 1 loss is 6.6 pounds - a little more that 4% of my starting weight. Pretty good, I think. I'm gonna stick with it until July 7. I have a college reunion on July 12th. I pretty sure I won't be back at my 120 college weight, but I will be looking damn fine for a 50-year old!
YOU HAVE DONE SO WELL!!!!!!!! YOU already look GREAT!

Quote:
I HAD NO IDEA YOU WERE A MINISTER! I just thought you were very active in your church. What an incredible blessing.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #234
Senior LCF Member

TODAY

Another higher fat day!

Just bacon for breakfast! It was SO GOOD! It made me feel satiated until 2pm!!! I guess the fat makes me feel less hungry? I had 1 low fat hamburger patty for lunch and 1 for dinner. Unfortunately, I had ANOTHER atkins peanut cluster bar. THEY ARE SO GOOD and they have prevented me from INHALING any CARBS during my TOM. I AM TRYING SO HARD!!!!
Old 05-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #235
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Turan, bacon! I'm going to buy some tomorrow. Higher fat helps me stay on plan and like you say, it sure cuts down on the hunger. You are doing great - finding ways to stay on plan when your schedule and your body are working against you! Well done!
Old 05-20-2013, 01:06 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Hi ladies! Still super busy here, but thankfully completely over my mysterious tummy bug. I lost just over 12 lbs in one week, but once I rehydrated again of course I regained all but 4 of them. As a result I'm technically not overweight anymore, but there are definitely more pleasant ways to lose weight...ugh!

So anyway, I haven't exercised or followed anything resembling a regular eating plan for a while now, so it's time to get back on the horse I think. I'm still dealing with a lot of very stressful work deadlines and other issues, so I need to keep things as simple as possible. I'm planning to drink some Stillmans-friendly meal replacement shakes during the day and a lean protein plus salad meal at night. I need some really dense nutrition in a quick and easy form right now and this seems like a viable plan until my life calms down again. As for exercise, 30 mins on the treadmill daily is about all I can commit to right now, but at least it's something.

Hope you all have a wonderful week and do very well in all ways!
paleopaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:06 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

I stayed all eggs for most of my egg day, but had some LC pudding at nite. So no loss.
I'm still tryin' though!
Old 05-20-2013, 04:45 AM   #238
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Monday morning! I lost 1.5 of the regained pounds. In a bit I'll walk to the office, which will count as my morning walk. And of course, I'll walk back! I'm feeling better already!

Paleo - I'm glad you are feeling better, and congratulations on the weight loss! Yes, there are much better ways to take it of. But still, you are out of the overweight category!

Well done staying with eggs, Starzmom. The weight will come off. Honest!

I have a lot of work to do at the office that hopefully I can finish today. Have a great day, everyone!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

I was laying in bed this morning, looking at the clock. I don't exercise too early b/c I am on the second floor in an apartment building and the people below me sleep late. I had an idea. I threw on some shorts, brushed my teeth, grabbed my cell phone and went for a half hour walk. Towards the end, I had this gripping pain in my back - made my legs buckle. I have arthritis in my spine and haven't taken care of it. Time to start!

But I am going to do this every morning - walk for at least a half hour before breakfast or anything.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #240
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Well done, bc! I walked this morning too. It feels good, doesn't it!