Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
I'm craving chocolate for some reason... I don't normally have a sweet tooth. There is a bar on the kitchen table and it smells quite good. No, it smells really good. Going to open a tin of tuna.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
GO to the Canadian side! It's the BEST!!
My family lives there so I have been to the falls too many times to count.... I have actually never been to the american side. The falls were only about 15 mins from where my mom grew up (and where my grandparents still lived until they couldn't keep up the house) so it was much easier to go to them than to try and cross the border to see them from the american side. This time my best friend is coming too so maybe we will go again because she has only been a couple times.
Mar922 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I'm craving chocolate for some reason... I don't normally have a sweet tooth. There is a bar on the kitchen table and it smells quite good. No, it smells really good. Going to open a tin of tuna.
When I am having a chocolate craving I have to buy the 85% dark that way I only want 1 piece and its 2 carbs so if I need 2 that still isn't so bad! I tried buying the 70% but I ate the whole bar so from now on nothing but 85% is allowed in my house its too strong to eat the whole bar! lol
Old 05-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Down 3.5 lbs today!

Thats why low carb is the best even when you eat way over your cals you still lose and with stills eventually t=you eat way under anyways.

This is why calorie counting never worked for me a few of my friends have done it and lost great but I would much rather omit something than try and moderate everything plus I maintain well and feel best on more fat and protein and less crap!
Old 05-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
First of all, thank you for all your support.

Mim - I haven't stuck to the elimination of wheat and dairy - I cheated too often. I don't eat much fake foods though I do use artificial sweeteners. I have lost and gained weight using those so it has nothing to do with my weight. I am cutting back though.

I know that so called experts have come out and said that artificial sweeteners cause neurological problems but that is bull. I have a friend with MS who believes that and won't eat any of it. She is in a wheelchair and even went to Bulgaria to have the surgery. Didn't help. I am still walking and even running! (Surprised me when I actually ran to make it to a bus!)

Turan and CC - I think my doctor was trying to get through to me to smarten up and quit eating so much! I disagree with him on a few things concerning exercise. He doesn't believe that shorter, more intense workouts help you lose weight. I have to go for an hour at low intensity. But he is a little Japanese fellow that can eat a pint of Hagen daas a day and not gain! He buys my books and promotes me so I can't complain.

I am just going to take it one day at a time. I have made out a menu for today - just under 1200 calories, under 50 grams of carbs and around 40 grams of fiber. (Now I have to read the posted article on fiber. ) And lots of exercising. By the time I get through all of it, I will be doing over an hour. Some is cardio, some is body weight muscle building (like 100 kicks where I do 100 martial arts kicks) and of course, flexibility training. For three or four months I am going to stay this way (I will cheat on June 26, my birthday, though no KFC like I was going to.) and then I will throw in weight training three days a week. By next May when I go see him again, I will be smoking hot!

Once again, thanks for the support.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #186
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
I'm having a bit of a problem staying on plan today. I'm on plan - but having trouble. It is a very stressful day and my stellar lack of weight loss lately is not helping. My daughter sent me pictures of the grandgirls playing in the water in their backyard. Daddy got them a water table and a kiddie pool! I then ordered some long swim shorts so that I can play in the water with them when I am there in August. I won't wear a bathing suit, even in their back yard. And the craving for a hoagie and a beer have been overcome with a bigger craving for feeling good while playing with my grand girls. And besides, I would have to get dressed in street clothes to go get any off plan food! My swim shorts will be here in a few days and I'll wear them around the house to remind myself of my goal.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I'm having a bit of a problem staying on plan today. I'm on plan - but having trouble. It is a very stressful day and my stellar lack of weight loss lately is not helping. My daughter sent me pictures of the grandgirls playing in the water in their backyard. Daddy got them a water table and a kiddie pool! I then ordered some long swim shorts so that I can play in the water with them when I am there in August. I won't wear a bathing suit, even in their back yard. And the craving for a hoagie and a beer have been overcome with a bigger craving for feeling good while playing with my grand girls. And besides, I would have to get dressed in street clothes to go get any off plan food! My swim shorts will be here in a few days and I'll wear them around the house to remind myself of my goal.
Very smart of you! Keep the off plan food out of the house - I like the way you say off plan instead of bad. It sounds so much better.

I took a photo of my stomach and torso and you can see my double chin. I glued it to a piece of paper that says 'This is me now. Do I really want or need anything else to eat?' Then I printed off a few copies and posted them all over my apartment!

I have had a blast today. I FINALLY got section one of tai chi memorized. I also managed to get through all of American Gladiators Cardio workout - something I have never been able to do. I have been doing a lot of exercise spread out over the day. And I am writing - it is a good day all around.

bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:17 AM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Way to go us! Cheers on the motivational tricks, bc and Mim!

One question, tho, bc, why are calories even in the picture? No need. And remember, the average medical education for a doctor covers about five hours of nutritional instruction. So don't look there for solid info.

Great that you're writing, tho, let the juices flow!

I woke the weed whacker from it's winter slumber last night fo about an hour. Talk about muscles you never knew you had aching!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:31 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
Very smart of you! Keep the off plan food out of the house - I like the way you say off plan instead of bad. It sounds so much better.

I took a photo of my stomach and torso and you can see my double chin. I glued it to a piece of paper that says 'This is me now. Do I really want or need anything else to eat?' Then I printed off a few copies and posted them all over my apartment!

I have had a blast today. I FINALLY got section one of tai chi memorized. I also managed to get through all of American Gladiators Cardio workout - something I have never been able to do. I have been doing a lot of exercise spread out over the day. And I am writing - it is a good day all around.

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!! You are so so BRAVE and AMAZING! I am just so proud of you.
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:50 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starzmom
Time to get serious. I've done Stillman's before, I'm here again. I need to lose 35 pounds this summer!
Starzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:51 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

I AM ON PLAN!!!

I am not only on PLAN but I RAN YESTERDAY!!! I walked for 2 min then ran for 2 min and repeated for 20 min. It makes me feel so GREAT to run because I know that at 395 running was NOT an option for me at ALL!!!
I plan to do this as often as I can.

I am going to get to my goal!!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I AM ON PLAN!!!

I am not only on PLAN but I RAN YESTERDAY!!! I walked for 2 min then ran for 2 min and repeated for 20 min. It makes me feel so GREAT to run because I know that at 395 running was NOT an option for me at ALL!!!

Congrats! That is so great!

CC: I just wrote out a menu and calculated the carbs and calorie content. Old habits I guess. And I stuck with the diet yesterday and the exercise. Today, I didn't do my morning exercises but that's okay. I have already done three days of morning workouts this week and will do two more.

Other exercises today, stick to eating plan, and WRITE!!!! Blog entry for tomorrow and two chapters on my next book. I got a busy day ahead of me. Plus I am doing laundry.

StarzMom. It is great to meet you.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starzmom View Post
Time to get serious. I've done Stillman's before, I'm here again. I need to lose 35 pounds this summer!
hi Starz!!!!

Quote:
I AM ON PLAN!!!

WOW go you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
Congrats! That is so great!

CC: I just wrote out a menu and calculated the carbs and calorie content. Old habits I guess. And I stuck with the diet yesterday and the exercise. Today, I didn't do my morning exercises but that's okay. I have already done three days of morning workouts this week and will do two more.

Other exercises today, stick to eating plan, and WRITE!!!! Blog entry for tomorrow and two chapters on my next book. I got a busy day ahead of me. Plus I am doing laundry.

StarzMom. It is great to meet you.
plan, good; calories, who cares? Go you!

chicken and cottage cheese for me today. I have been tossing store bought salad dressings, eek they have sooo much sugar!
Old 05-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

chicken and cottage cheese for me today. I have been tossing store bought salad dressings, eek they have sooo much sugar!
It isn't only the store bought dressings but I got a mini recipe book for salads from Cooking light and every one has sugar in it!
Old 05-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #195
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiny
Stats: 166/147/127 - 5' 4" - 50 yo
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Good job everybody! Sounds like folks are staying on plan and then some. Running! Tai Chi! Such positivity from everyone here! So, I am just finishing day 5 on the Still. Down a total of 6.8 pounds since Sunday morning (Mother's Day). It's pretty remarkable.
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Good job everybody! Sounds like folks are staying on plan and then some. Running! Tai Chi! Such positivity from everyone here! So, I am just finishing day 5 on the Still. Down a total of 6.8 pounds since Sunday morning (Mother's Day). It's pretty remarkable.
Good for you! I am up and down b/c I keep going off my plan. Tomorrow I will be going off a bit but I will also be walking about seven miles tomorrow plus my cardio in the AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

UGH sometimes work sucks! obn the plus side I have been too busy to eat bad but man do I want junk food!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
YAY!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
UGH sometimes work sucks! obn the plus side I have been too busy to eat bad but man do I want junk food!
You are at goal! If you need a little something it's ok!!
My problem is my LITTLE something turns into 5lbs WITHOUT fail!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

SALAD DRESSING?

I know about gross Walden Farms salad dressing and I have yet to find one that I like! I love Cesar salad dressing but there is always sugar in it! Why can't they make it with SPLENDA? I need to have a little salad! Any suggestions?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

STAYED on plan again!!!!! I also ran again today! It felt so GREAT! I will keep going for another week then have ONE cheat meal!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
SALAD DRESSING?

I know about gross Walden Farms salad dressing and I have yet to find one that I like! I love Cesar salad dressing but there is always sugar in it! Why can't they make it with SPLENDA? I need to have a little salad! Any suggestions?
maybe make our own by mixing some oil, garlic, mustard and parm? not exactly the same but you can can some of that flavour!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
maybe make our own by mixing some oil, garlic, mustard and parm? not exactly the same but you can can some of that flavour!
that sounds delicious!
Old 05-17-2013, 04:56 AM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

don't forget the anchovies and garlic!
Old 05-17-2013, 05:03 AM   #204
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Friday morning! I am off the reservation. I've set Saturday after lunch as my get back on date and time. 'nuff said.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! Thanx for the welcome and encouragement. Your stories are so inspiring.
Question:
What foods/dishes have helped you stay on plan?
Old 05-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi everyone! Thanx for the welcome and encouragement. Your stories are so inspiring.
Question:
What foods/dishes have helped you stay on plan?
Devilled eggs with a small amount of mayo
cottage cheese ice cream (100% legal)
jello
italian soda with sugar free syrups
Egg muffins
Old 05-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Devilled eggs with a small amount of mayo
cottage cheese ice cream (100% legal)
jello
italian soda with sugar free syrups
Egg muffins
Thanks for answering. Cottage cheese ice cream sounds good. How do you make it?
Old 05-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks for answering. Cottage cheese ice cream sounds good. How do you make it?
I blend the cottage cheese til smooth
-then add toriani sugar free syrups, I have white chocolate, english toffee, chocolate, caramel and vanilla flavours or you can buy the splenda for coffee in the french vanilla flavour OR you can get almond or lemon or whatever flavour extracts from the grocery store.
-then freeze it and stir periodically so it doesn't freeze into a solid block or you could put it in a ice cream maker if you have one (I don't )
Old 05-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the recipe. I'll try that one when I crave something sweet!
I'm still on plan/doing good today!
Old 05-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

OOH! TOM got me today!! I just INHALED an atkins peanut cluster bar! I could have done worse but I HAD to have something or I would have eaten ICE CREAM! SO not too bad.

I also was craving salad today and I ate a WHOLE bag of romaine lettuce with dressing I made myself!! YUMMY! It filled me up so much and I feel so much better.