Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #151
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiny
Stats: 166/147/127 - 5' 4" - 50 yo
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Hi all! Day one wasn't too difficult, and the scales said I lost .6 pound overnight. Day 2 hasn't been too difficult either, except I feel like I have wicked stink breath, and I'm a bit grumpy and forgetful. Looking forward to weighing tomorrow morning - my pants feel looser. BTW, how does everyone deal with the lack of fiber? Thanks! Tina
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #152
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Holley View Post
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers! So it seems I have lost 7 pounds since last Monday ! Awesomeness ! So exciting also I went jean shopping today and noticed I went from a size 13/14 to a 9/10. Holy cow the weight is just melting off at this point I am beyond thrilled greatest Mother's Day present ever !!
My friend says I have will power of steel lol
But I just explain that when a food craving hits I want to be skinny way more than I want the Oreo
Wow Mrs. Holley. That is awesome. Are you going straight stillmans? How many weeks into it are you? - Tina
Old 05-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Monday morning! I have a church covered dish dinner tonight. I'm not going to go crazy but I will eat a bit off plan. Folk bring their best dish to these things and they want to know how I like it! My scale is still stuck so maybe a bit of deviation will help. We are having a fashion show using clothing we picked up from our last rummage sale. It should be fun. I got a beautiful dress in a size 18! I was a 22. It is actually a dress I will wear, not a funny outfit.

It is cold and dreary here too. But this too will pass and we will be back to sunny days!
OMG 22 to 18 go you!!!!!

Windy, overcast and dreary here, too! High of 45 and snow this morning! FL here we come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Hi all! Day one wasn't too difficult, and the scales said I lost .6 pound overnight. Day 2 hasn't been too difficult either, except I feel like I have wicked stink breath, and I'm a bit grumpy and forgetful. Looking forward to weighing tomorrow morning - my pants feel looser. BTW, how does everyone deal with the lack of fiber? Thanks! Tina
Tiny, after awhile it's not an issue, please check out

Gut Sense: How to reverse and prevent constipation in children and adults

Last edited by CCGirl; 05-13-2013 at 04:47 PM..
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops View Post
Bad news... I had to take my dog to the vet today, and we decided to put him down. I am having a very rough time, but I am staying on plan.

Thanks for the update on my ideal weight. I haven't weighed that little since high school.
I AM SO SORRY!!! Such a hard thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbi1972 View Post
Thanks ladies for your responses to my lemon water question. It's day 1 for me tomorrow, wish me luck! I need to really commit to this. I had lost over 60 pounds on Atkins about 5 years ago and slowly gained it back going through some real hard times with a separation and the death of my bestfriend and cousin. So now it's time to focus on me. You are all such inspirations. Good luck to you all and Happy Mother's Day!
YAY FOR YOU!!!!! YOU CAN DO THIS FOR SURE! You've done it before and you will do it again.

Quote:
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers! So it seems I have lost 7 pounds since last Monday ! Awesomeness ! So exciting also I went jean shopping today and noticed I went from a size 13/14 to a 9/10. Holy cow the weight is just melting off at this point I am beyond thrilled greatest Mother's Day present ever !!
My friend says I have will power of steel lol
But I just explain that when a food craving hits I want to be skinny way more than I want the Oreo
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!! Congratulations!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post
Hi all. Just a quick check in. Things are improving here, but I've had a weird tummy bug all week. I'm hungry and nauseous at the same time and have only been able to tolerate plain, unflavored carbs. Not preggie, so going to see the doc tomorrow. Will hopefully get back on plan soon. Hope everyone has a great week.
I was wondering if you were ok. EAT WHAT YOU NEED TO!! FEEL BETTER!

Quote:
Good Monday morning! I have a church covered dish dinner tonight. I'm not going to go crazy but I will eat a bit off plan. Folk bring their best dish to these things and they want to know how I like it! My scale is still stuck so maybe a bit of deviation will help. We are having a fashion show using clothing we picked up from our last rummage sale. It should be fun. I got a beautiful dress in a size 18! I was a 22. It is actually a dress I will wear, not a funny outfit.

It is cold and dreary here too. But this too will pass and we will be back to sunny days!
YAY!!!!!! SMALLER DRESS SIZE!! What an amazing feeling!

Quote:
WAY TO GO!!!
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chapter 3, Atkins Goes to South Beach illustrates the connections between fiber and obesity, and fiber and diet failure—two of the most pressing public health problems of our generation. The Public health authorities‘ incessant urging that we consume more natural fiber in the form of bread, pasta, cereals, fruits, and vegetables is precipitating an obesity epidemic, because fiber-rich foods contain ten to twenty times as much carbohydrate as they do fiber (5% to 10%). Unfortunately, by the time you‘re ready to jump on the low-carb bandwagon, dropping carbs cold turkey doesn‘t work, because your colon is already dependent on fiber to move your bowels. If you throw the shortcomings of the Atkins and South Beach diets into this mix, you end up with diet failure. If you didn‘t get major anorectal damage from the “hard landing,” consider yourself lucky.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Chapter 3, Atkins Goes to South Beach illustrates the connections between fiber and obesity, and fiber and diet failure—two of the most pressing public health problems of our generation. The Public health authorities‘ incessant urging that we consume more natural fiber in the form of bread, pasta, cereals, fruits, and vegetables is precipitating an obesity epidemic, because fiber-rich foods contain ten to twenty times as much carbohydrate as they do fiber (5% to 10%). Unfortunately, by the time you‘re ready to jump on the low-carb bandwagon, dropping carbs cold turkey doesn‘t work, because your colon is already dependent on fiber to move your bowels. If you throw the shortcomings of the Atkins and South Beach diets into this mix, you end up with diet failure. If you didn‘t get major anorectal damage from the “hard landing,” consider yourself lucky.
Wow! I checked out that site. This is all very interesting. So would you recommend taking probiotics? Or just let my gut adjust?
Old 05-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

MADE IT TO WASHINGTON

I am in yet another hotel! I was able to have 2 eggs this morning before I left but arrived here STARVING at 3 pm so I had a very lean steak for lunch/dinner. It was so well made. Tomorrow I sing an audition then home. I am going to do QWL until May 23 take ONE MEAL off so it's a cheat meal not DAY then do hard core QWL from May 24- June 20 when I get on the plane for Peru.

I made several revelations today:

1. I need to get to my lowest weight of under 250 to feel like I am ALMOST THERE!!

2. I never wear pants because my legs are HUGE. I need to wear pants BY THE FALL

3. I need to get to MY goal (the starting weight for most people) and work to STAY THERE!!

CCG I found GettingThere's old posts and I am going to read them for inspiration
Old 05-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #158
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs.Holley
Stats: 160/154/115
WOE: primal/stillmans
Start Date: april
Quote:
Wow Mrs. Holley. That is awesome. Are you going straight stillmans? How many weeks into it are you? - Tina
I'm 1 full week in and yeah straight stillmans I basically only eat eggs chicken turkey and tuna and green tea beef has made me gain so I'm staying away. I use glycerin suppositories and enemas. But I used those before as I seem to just have those problems no matter what kind of diet I follow ( even a 100 % raw one) I plan on doing another week of stillmans then go back to a paleo diet for a week the back to stillmans till I reach my goal weight
Mrs.Holley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hoops
Stats: 5'9"
Hi Ladies!

Thank you for the love. I miss my Brutus. He was such a wonderful dog.

I lost another pound. Golly, it seems I lose the most weight when I eat steak for dinner.

So, I am thinking about cheating the next two weekends... out of town mini vacations. Both places I've been countless times, so we have our places we frequent and the best restaurants... great steak house, Mexican food, and fresh seafood. The thing is, I am going to be drinking wine on one of the trips. I think I will look at the calories and carbs in alcoholic drinks and decide if I am going to just throw in the towel and eat, too. Ugh, I worked hard the past 10 days on QWL and 12 days cleansing. Hmmm... it isn't worth it. Darn it, I am struggling with this. I am trying to convince myself I deserve it, but I deserve to get the weight off. It is a battle in my own head! LOL Help!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #160
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
This is all very interesting to me would you. Care to share more info
Old 05-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #161
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Ladies!

I lost another pound. Golly, it seems I lose the most weight when I eat steak for dinner.

So, I am thinking about cheating the next two weekends... out of town mini vacations. Both places I've been countless times, so we have our places we frequent and the best restaurants... great steak house, Mexican food, and fresh seafood. The thing is, I am going to be drinking wine on one of the trips. I think I will look at the calories and carbs in alcoholic drinks and decide if I am going to just throw in the towel and eat, too. Ugh, I worked hard the past 10 days on QWL and 12 days cleansing. Hmmm... it isn't worth it. Darn it, I am struggling with this. I am trying to convince myself I deserve it, but I deserve to get the weight off. It is a battle in my own head! LOL Help!
I went through this Saturday and ended up the only sober girl out going home early lol I just couldn't ruin all the work I had done through out the week so I drank water the whole time if I would be where you are would I drink and screw up all that progress ? Hell no lol
I don't think I've ever done a cleanse for that long what exactly did you do ?
Old 05-14-2013, 04:04 AM   #162
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Tuesday morning! Well, the covered dish dinner and fashion show was great. And yes I ate, and yes I gained. 2.5 pounds to be exact. But my head is on straight (for a change) and I'm right back on plan today. I hope that the little detour will jump start the weight loss again.

Hoops - I would be careful about going away and abandoning the diet. It is one thing to do it for a special meal but in a weekend of eating whatever is out there, you can undo all the good you have done. And it is not just the weight loss but the cleanse that was mighty hard. And I know for me, and this may not be true for everyone, that I feel so good - both physically and emotionally when I stay on plan.

Turan - how did the audition go?

Mrs. Holley - well done!

You too, Tiny!

CC - do you have your spring purse yet? Inquiring minds want to know!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:35 AM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow! I checked out that site. This is all very interesting. So would you recommend taking probiotics? Or just let my gut adjust?
yes, do the probiotics. It will cleanse any colon issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
MADE IT TO WASHINGTON

I am in yet another hotel! I was able to have 2 eggs this morning before I left but arrived here STARVING at 3 pm so I had a very lean steak for lunch/dinner. It was so well made. Tomorrow I sing an audition then home. I am going to do QWL until May 23 take ONE MEAL off so it's a cheat meal not DAY then do hard core QWL from May 24- June 20 when I get on the plane for Peru.

I made several revelations today:

1. I need to get to my lowest weight of under 250 to feel like I am ALMOST THERE!!

2. I never wear pants because my legs are HUGE. I need to wear pants BY THE FALL

3. I need to get to MY goal (the starting weight for most people) and work to STAY THERE!!

CCG I found GettingThere's old posts and I am going to read them for inspiration
good luck and stay inspired!

Quote:
Hi Ladies!

Hoops, do drinks with rum, vodka or gin, wine has too much sugar. Pinot Grigio is the least sugar offender.

Quote:
This is all very interesting to me would you. Care to share more info
Mrs. H, read all you can on the site. Read the Naive Vegetarian, Second Opinions UK, for more info on why we don't need fruits or vegetables to be truly healthy. It's an eye opener.

Quote:
Good Tuesday morning! Well, the covered dish dinner and fashion show was great. And yes I ate, and yes I gained. 2.5 pounds to be exact. But my head is on straight (for a change) and I'm right back on plan today. I hope that the little detour will jump start the weight loss again.

Hoops - I would be careful about going away and abandoning the diet. It is one thing to do it for a special meal but in a weekend of eating whatever is out there, you can undo all the good you have done. And it is not just the weight loss but the cleanse that was mighty hard. And I know for me, and this may not be true for everyone, that I feel so good - both physically and emotionally when I stay on plan.

Turan - how did the audition go?

Mrs. Holley - well done!

You too, Tiny!

CC - do you have your spring purse yet? Inquiring minds want to know!
good advice there, Mim.

Currently I am carrying this one because it matches my boots and it's still boot season.

When the warm tepms return and the sandals come out I switch to the canvas bags. My favorite summer bag is this one

Old 05-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Hey guys!

Took me a couple weeks but I started back on plan today! I hope to stay on plan til my trip and then going back on or if I don't gain just maintaining from there!

Day 1 is good so far but day 1 is never my problem... day 3 is so we will wait and see how it goes
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

trip? where, Mar?
Old 05-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #166
Junior LCF Member

Day 3

Well, the scale was down 3.2 pounds this morning. Wow. So that is 3.8 pounds in two days. Day 3 has been eggs, one piece of cheese and steak for lunch and dinner. Not quite enough water today... Eager to see what the scale says tomorrow. So far really liking this crazy Stillman guy.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #167
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Way to go, Tiny!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
trip? where, Mar?
We are going to Niagara Falls to surprise my aunt for her 50th! She came last year for my moms 50th and she had never been to Winnipeg. Its just a 4 day trip but I am going to enjoy it
Old 05-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

I plugged my food into calorie counter and I am 200 cals above what i says I should be at to maintain my weight but I only had 9 carbs today! and thats when I caved and added some BBQ sauce to my chicken at dinner.

I have a feeling that even though I am above my cals I will still lose and that's what I love about low carb! I am not counting, I am just using my calorie counter to make sure I am watching my carbs for the first few days.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
I went to my MS specialist today. He isn't convinced my scale is right at 190 (he thinks I weigh more though I didn't get on the scale there) and he is concerned about my weight gain. I gained 20 or 30 pounds over the last year. He wanted to know how.

How depressing! He is right though and I still like him a lot. Now I got to work on losing it. As we know, strict stillman's doesn't work for me so I will just keep low carbing it and not turning to food when I get uptight.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:37 AM   #171
Junior LCF Member

Day 4

Quote:
Way to go, Tiny!
Thanks! This morning I'm down another .8 pound, for a total loss of 4.6 pounds so far. Holy crap! This Stillman guy is a genius!!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 03:58 AM   #172
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Wednesday morning! Well, one of my covered dish pounds came off! I'm really anxious to get this weight off so right now I'm annoyed I'm not losing 100 lbs a day! But I'm plugging away at it and I will win the battle of the bulge!

Tiny - isn't it exciting to see the scale moving in the right direction!

bc - since you have eliminated gluten and dairy you should start to see some losses. I assume you are staying away from artificial sweeteners and frankenfoods?

Mar - your trip sounds wonderful! I really like Niagara Falls.

I was going to walk to the office but it is supposed to rain all morning. I had thought it was going to hold off until this afternoon. But I'm getting a good workout lugging boxes around and this afternoon after I get home I'll put more boxes in my car and take them to my storage unit. I hate moving this way. But hopefully it will be the last time!
Old 05-15-2013, 04:34 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks! This morning I'm down another .8 pound, for a total loss of 4.6 pounds so far. Holy crap! This Stillman guy is a genius!!!!
WAY TO GO TINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 04:39 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
We are going to Niagara Falls to surprise my aunt for her 50th! She came last year for my moms 50th and she had never been to Winnipeg. Its just a 4 day trip but I am going to enjoy it
GO to the Canadian side! It's the BEST!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I plugged my food into calorie counter and I am 200 cals above what i says I should be at to maintain my weight but I only had 9 carbs today! and thats when I caved and added some BBQ sauce to my chicken at dinner.

I have a feeling that even though I am above my cals I will still lose and that's what I love about low carb! I am not counting, I am just using my calorie counter to make sure I am watching my carbs for the first few days.
YOU HAVE DONE SO WELL!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 04:59 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Made it through my Washington trip. Sang well for the opera company and stuck to my diet fairly well!
Started my morning with eggs and skipped the huge buffet table. I had a salad with NO dressing and grilled shrimp! My eggs came with a HUGE plate of bacon. I put all of the bacon in a ziplock bag!!! I ended up signing pictures for a long time and I was STARVING! I ended up eating that bacon for dinner on the Acela train home!! More fat than I wanted but no carbs.

I AM SOOOOOOO DETERMINED to get to my goal!!
Old 05-15-2013, 05:01 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
I went to my MS specialist today. He isn't convinced my scale is right at 190 (he thinks I weigh more though I didn't get on the scale there) and he is concerned about my weight gain. I gained 20 or 30 pounds over the last year. He wanted to know how.

How depressing! He is right though and I still like him a lot. Now I got to work on losing it. As we know, strict stillman's doesn't work for me so I will just keep low carbing it and not turning to food when I get uptight.
LOW CARB IT GIRL!! I am sending you HEALING HUGS!!!!
I love when a doctor is confused when we gain? HOW did I gain? I ATE!! That's how. It's NOT rocket science!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 05:16 AM   #177
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
Made it through my Washington trip. Sang well for the opera company and stuck to my diet fairly well!
Started my morning with eggs and skipped the huge buffet table. I had a salad with NO dressing and grilled shrimp! My eggs came with a HUGE plate of bacon. I put all of the bacon in a ziplock bag!!! I ended up signing pictures for a long time and I was STARVING! I ended up eating that bacon for dinner on the Acela train home!! More fat than I wanted but no carbs.

I AM SOOOOOOO DETERMINED to get to my goal!!

Well done!
Old 05-15-2013, 05:46 AM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

cheers to our victories and accomplishments! We sooo rock!
Old 05-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
JMHO, but, hey doc, duuuuuuuuh?
Old 05-15-2013, 06:11 AM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Congrats to all the losers. Day 4 here. Going to an awards night with a sit down dinner tonight. Wish me luck peeps. Only meat shall pass these lips... maybe a little salad too.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote