Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 05:44 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
What is everyone eating today?
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2013, 05:53 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

I decided yesterday that I would allow myself a very small amount of salad a day. I know GT did this and she lost more than a hundred pounds if my memory serves me right. Its not much... A few leaves (literally) at lunch time, a little red pepper for my tuna and a couple of chunks of courgette with rosemary and garlic which I will roast in 1 cal spray. Main thing is I keep an eye on the amount I use so that it does not creep up.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:50 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Thanks CCGirl for the vote of confidence! Let's see though, I have 8 weeks to lose 40 pounds, so your math is more optimistic than mine. I would have to lose 5 pounds a week! But that's what Dr. Stillman estimates, right? The reason I like the idea of this diet is because I totally can't do moderation. I like the severity of the very limited food choices. So...I'm gonna weigh myself in the morning and get a starting weight. I think I'm around 165 at 5'4". I was a 115-120 pounder most of my adult life, I'm small framed and it really doesn't seem right to carry all this weight. I'm 50, but still, I don't want to accept this much middle age weight gain as par for the course. So...tomorrow, goodbye chub, hello eggs, fish & lean meat...
I am TRYING TO LOSE 40 too!! In a SHORT period of time!! YOU CAN do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbi1972 View Post
Hi everyone, quick question...is it okay to have lemon water? I didn't see any reference made to lemons on the allowed list so I am unsure as to whether I should drink it. I normally squeeze half a lemon a day into water.
Thanks
Debbi
I would have it! It helps so much with water retention!! You'll lose more weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Thank you Turan, I will stick around, at least long enough to see you get into your dress. How exciting! Sorry to hear you have been having a bad time also. I'm sure you will drop those extra 12lbs in no time. I need to get on the scale... I've been avoiding it but I guess its time to face the music. I've got 11 days until my birthday and the plan is to be legal until then. Its going to be difficult because I have to attend a presentation this Wednesday and its a sit down meal but I have decided that I just won't eat anything that is not meat. If I look odd, I look odd.
MMS and CCG PLEASE STAY LADIES!! MMS I have worn the gown in concert before but TV add so many pounds. I would LOVE to put it on and it's BIG!! STAY OFF THE SCALE AND ON PLAN! If you weigh yourself you might be upset and eat off plan out of frustration! Why not stay on plan until your birthday then weigh yourself the MORNING of and give yourself a treat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
and go me!!!!!! I have NO cheese in da house!!!!!!!!
WOW! NO CHEESE!! YAY YOU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Sunday morning! I woke up again feeling smaller. And again my scale refused to budge. But I know that I'm losing inches. My clothes tell the tale. And I can just feel it. The scale is not the only indicator.

What is everyone up to today? My family does not live here so I'm going to just have a laid back - on plan day. I'll continue to pack some, but mostly I plan on just resting today.
INCHES ARE BETTER THAN scale numbers!!! YAY YOU!

Quote:
I decided yesterday that I would allow myself a very small amount of salad a day. I know GT did this and she lost more than a hundred pounds if my memory serves me right. Its not much... A few leaves (literally) at lunch time, a little red pepper for my tuna and a couple of chunks of courgette with rosemary and garlic which I will roast in 1 cal spray. Main thing is I keep an eye on the amount I use so that it does not creep up.
WHO LOST MORE THAN A HUNDRED POUNDS??? WOW! Add lettuce. Lettuce will NOT make you FAT! yesterday I had some roasted asparagus! I am trying to get rid of all of my water weight and I peed ALL NIGHT LONG!!!

I am going to stay ON PLAN until I leave!!! I feel so much better on plan and I will stay that way.
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hoops
Stats: 5'9"
I typed a long message last night, and then my internet went out briefly. So, I lost it all. :-( I hate when that happens!

Anyway... I made it through teacher appreciation week-5 days of treats and meals, dinner out with a friend Friday night, and a get together Saturday, and I actually stayed on QWL. Yea!!! I lost another 0.8 from yesterday.
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post

I would have it! It helps so much with water retention!! You'll lose more weight!

MMS and CCG PLEASE STAY LADIES!! MMS I have worn the gown in concert before but TV add so many pounds. I would LOVE to put it on and it's BIG!! STAY OFF THE SCALE AND ON PLAN! If you weigh yourself you might be upset and eat off plan out of frustration! Why not stay on plan until your birthday then weigh yourself the MORNING of and give yourself a treat?

WHO LOST MORE THAN A HUNDRED POUNDS??? WOW! Add lettuce. Lettuce will NOT make you FAT! yesterday I had some roasted asparagus! I am trying to get rid of all of my water weight and I peed ALL NIGHT LONG!!!

I am going to stay ON PLAN until I leave!!! I feel so much better on plan and I will stay that way.
I will add lettuce too. It makes this WOE more doable and stops boredom creeping in. GettingThere use to post here regularly. She lost well over a hundred pounds! I remember her telling me she use to add some salad for crunch.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:27 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Holley- Glad you're seeing a loss. I really think Stillman's QWL is the quickest way to drop pounds while eating.

MAR- So sorry about your mom. Hugs!

Mim- Inches lost is better than weight loss IMO. Yea! Great job on the exercise! Giving away those clothes that having been weighing you down is like a load a bricks off your shoulders. You probably feel so renewed.

Turan- I lost 17.8 pounds on the fast in 12 days, then I gained back 5.6 with one evening of chips and salsa and then going right to Stillman's for 3 days, and then I finally started losing again on Stillmans the last 5 days. I am down 15.2 total now. Sure, fasting is quick weight loss, but weight is definitely gained back quickly. Thank goodness I got right back on QWL, or I would've gained a lot more of it back. Personally, I like the cleansing of a fast, but Stillman's QWL is excellent for the long term weight loss! It might be great to do a few days and lead into Stillman's, however it is definitely not necessary IMO. You have a tough for weeks coming up. You can do it!

Cherry- I love cheese, too! I could live off the stuff!

CC- I bet your garden looks beautiful! Where is your cottage?

MMS- One day at a time... I know it is difficult. I admire how quickly you can get back on plan after a binge.

Tiny- Welcome. I am quessing you can drop 25-30 pounds in 8 weeks. Of course, I have never stayed on a weight loss plan for that long, so I really am just guessing.

Debbie- I fell asleep last night with my Stillman's book to look up your question about adding fresh lemon juice to your water. So... off I go to look it up.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:27 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops View Post
I typed a long message last night, and then my internet went out briefly. So, I lost it all. :-( I hate when that happens!

Anyway... I made it through teacher appreciation week-5 days of treats and meals, dinner out with a friend Friday night, and a get together Saturday, and I actually stayed on QWL. Yea!!! I lost another 0.8 from yesterday.
Hi Hoops well done! I need to be as strong this coming Wednesday... I have a dinner to go to. I am determined to stick to plan no matter what.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:31 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Holley- Glad you're seeing a loss. I really think Stillman's QWL is the quickest way to drop pounds while eating.

Mim- Inches lost is better than weight loss IMO. Yea! Great job on the exercise! Giving away those clothes that having been weighing you down is like a load a bricks off your shoulders. You probably feel so renewed.

Turan- I lost 17.8 pounds on the fast in 12 days, then I gained back 5.6 with one evening of chips and salsa and then going right to Stillman's for 3 days, and then I finally started losing again on Stillmans the last 5 days. I am down 15.2 total now. Sure, fasting is quick weight loss, but weight is definitely gained back quickly. Thank goodness I got right back on QWL, or I would've gained a lot more of it back. Personally, I like the cleansing of a fast, but Stillman's QWL is excellent for the long term weight loss! It might be great to do a few days and lead into Stillman's, however it is definitely not necessary IMO. You have a tough for weeks coming up. You can do it!

MMS- One day at a time... I know it is difficult. I admire how quickly you can get back on plan after a binge.

Tiny- Welcome. I am quessing you can drop 25-30 pounds in 8 weeks. Of course, I have never stayed on a weight loss plan for that long, so I really am just guessing.

Debbie- I fell asleep last night with my Stillman's book to look up your question about adding fresh lemon juice to your water. So... off I go to look it up.
Thank you. I was at goal not long ago. The thought of going too far in the wrong direction is enough to get me going again.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I looked in the book too, could not see it in the QWL section . It is in one of the other food lists though. I could have missed something as I have just been flicking through.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mother's Day plan- watch basketball! You all probably already knew that! My team, the Spurs, is in the playoffs, and it should be a great game... game 4 of the Western Conference Semi-Finals.

Eats for today-
Breakfast has been the same- 2 eggs with 1 slice of turkey bacon mixed in and lots of pepper and salt, coffee. The rest of the day I just eat when I am hungry... grilled chicken with tons of cayenne pepper, pepper steak, boiled butterflied shrimp with garlic salt, fish, lean hamburger with steak and chop seasoning.

I love salty foods. So, I don't worry about sprinkling it on my food.

Fresh Lemon Juice- I skimmed the book, but I couldn't find it. Maybe someone else has the answer to that one.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The kid wants McDonald's ice coffee for breakfast. He asked me if I am dieting. I told him we can run up there and grab one for him. I will order myself a black coffee, and then come home to make my eggs.

Okay... I really dislike eggs, but I am making myself suck it up and just eat them for breakfast. I have to put cracked pepper on them and some salt, and now I throw in 1/2 slice of turkey bacon per egg. I am beginning to think they are okay.

MMS- The first 8 pages fell out of "The Doctor's Quick Inches-Off Diet" book. Do you have the pages that tell how much someone should weigh using his charts? If so, can you tell me how much for a lady at 5'9" should weigh? I am thinking it was something like 138?
Old 05-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #132
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiny
Stats: 166/147/127 - 5' 4" - 50 yo
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Thanks to Alll!!!

Thank you all for your welcomes and encouragement! I'm so excited to have found something new to try. So my day 1 weight is 165.6. I'm going to do the plan as straight up and hardcore as I can. What are everyone's favorite zero carb foods? Thanks again to all for your inspiring replies. So great to have found this crazy WOE and this awesome forum!
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
The kid wants McDonald's ice coffee for breakfast. He asked me if I am dieting. I told him we can run up there and grab one for him. I will order myself a black coffee, and then come home to make my eggs.

Okay... I really dislike eggs, but I am making myself suck it up and just eat them for breakfast. I have to put cracked pepper on them and some salt, and now I throw in 1/2 slice of turkey bacon per egg. I am beginning to think they are okay.

MMS- The first 8 pages fell out of "The Doctor's Quick Inches-Off Diet" book. Do you have the pages that tell how much someone should weigh using his charts? If so, can you tell me how much for a lady at 5'9" should weigh? I am thinking it was something like 138?
No probs. I have The Doctor's Quick Weight Loss Diet book and according to that a 5ft 9 female falls between 130 -145. If you are under 25 subtract a pound (from each figure) for the number of years you are under 25. The figures are your ideal weight and average weight.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thank you all for your welcomes and encouragement! I'm so excited to have found something new to try. So my day 1 weight is 165.6. I'm going to do the plan as straight up and hardcore as I can. What are everyone's favorite zero carb foods? Thanks again to all for your inspiring replies. So great to have found this crazy WOE and this awesome forum!
Anything with cheese but I can only have tiny amounts on Stills and then has to be low fat. Guess it would have to be king prawn chili soup.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

7.30pm... Nearly got this day under my belt. Come on ketosis!
Old 05-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #136
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiny
Stats: 166/147/127 - 5' 4" - 50 yo
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Quote:
Anything with cheese but I can only have tiny amounts on Stills and then has to be low fat. Guess it would have to be king prawn chili soup.
Thanks MMS. I wil have to try that! - Tina
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:

remember that stillman's weight charts are out of date. A woman that is 5'9" should weight between 130-145 and consume 1,740-2,175 calories a day
bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

to all those who are having problems sticking with the diet - don't beat yourself up too much. I keep going off and on programs. I have decided I am not going to be able to stick with Stillmans b/c it is causing other problems. But I am still here to annoy everyone!
Old 05-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bad news... I had to take my dog to the vet today, and we decided to put him down. I am having a very rough time, but I am staying on plan.

Thanks for the update on my ideal weight. I haven't weighed that little since high school.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Bad news... I had to take my dog to the vet today, and we decided to put him down. I am having a very rough time, but I am staying on plan.

Thanks for the update on my ideal weight. I haven't weighed that little since high school.
my condolences. Losing a pet is difficult.

Congrats for staying on plan.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: debbi1972
Thanks ladies for your responses to my lemon water question. It's day 1 for me tomorrow, wish me luck! I need to really commit to this. I had lost over 60 pounds on Atkins about 5 years ago and slowly gained it back going through some real hard times with a separation and the death of my bestfriend and cousin. So now it's time to focus on me. You are all such inspirations. Good luck to you all and Happy Mother's Day!
debbi1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks ladies for your responses to my lemon water question. It's day 1 for me tomorrow, wish me luck! I need to really commit to this. I had lost over 60 pounds on Atkins about 5 years ago and slowly gained it back going through some real hard times with a separation and the death of my bestfriend and cousin. So now it's time to focus on me. You are all such inspirations. Good luck to you all and Happy Mother's Day!
You will do fine. Those pounds will melt away! This is the last spring/summer that you will have to battle your weight.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #143
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs.Holley
Stats: 160/154/115
WOE: primal/stillmans
Start Date: april
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers! So it seems I have lost 7 pounds since last Monday ! Awesomeness ! So exciting also I went jean shopping today and noticed I went from a size 13/14 to a 9/10. Holy cow the weight is just melting off at this point I am beyond thrilled greatest Mother's Day present ever !!
My friend says I have will power of steel lol
But I just explain that when a food craving hits I want to be skinny way more than I want the Oreo
Mrs.Holley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:25 PM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Sorry to hear that.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:29 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good luck Debbi. Its day 2 for me. We can do this!
Old 05-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Holley View Post
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers! So it seems I have lost 7 pounds since last Monday ! Awesomeness ! So exciting also I went jean shopping today and noticed I went from a size 13/14 to a 9/10. Holy cow the weight is just melting off at this point I am beyond thrilled greatest Mother's Day present ever !!
My friend says I have will power of steel lol
But I just explain that when a food craving hits I want to be skinny way more than I want the Oreo
Great stuff, well done! Here's to hoping we all show great losses next Monday!
Old 05-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

So its day 2 for me. I had a few challenging moments yesterday but I got through them. I woke up feeling really hungry this morning. I'm going to make bacon (all fat removed) and eggs. Hopefully that will do the trick. I might have to cut down on the diet soda I have been drinking, I think its causing cravings. Happy Monday everyone. Make a promise to get through today.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:22 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Hi all. Just a quick check in. Things are improving here, but I've had a weird tummy bug all week. I'm hungry and nauseous at the same time and have only been able to tolerate plain, unflavored carbs. Not preggie, so going to see the doc tomorrow. Will hopefully get back on plan soon. Hope everyone has a great week.

Last edited by paleopaleo; 05-13-2013 at 01:25 AM..
paleopaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:35 AM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Thanks CCGirl for the vote of confidence! Let's see though, I have 8 weeks to lose 40 pounds, so your math is more optimistic than mine. I would have to lose 5 pounds a week! But that's what Dr. Stillman estimates, right? The reason I like the idea of this diet is because I totally can't do moderation. I like the severity of the very limited food choices. So...I'm gonna weigh myself in the morning and get a starting weight. I think I'm around 165 at 5'4". I was a 115-120 pounder most of my adult life, I'm small framed and it really doesn't seem right to carry all this weight. I'm 50, but still, I don't want to accept this much middle age weight gain as par for the course. So...tomorrow, goodbye chub, hello eggs, fish & lean meat...
it is possible but the averages around here are more the 2.5 per week, so don't crash and burn if it doesn't happen, if you excersize it will be more in your favor.

Quote:
Thank you Turan, I will stick around, at least long enough to see you get into your dress. How exciting! Sorry to hear you have been having a bad time also. I'm sure you will drop those extra 12lbs in no time. I need to get on the scale... I've been avoiding it but I guess its time to face the music. I've got 11 days until my birthday and the plan is to be legal until then. Its going to be difficult because I have to attend a presentation this Wednesday and its a sit down meal but I have decided that I just won't eat anything that is not meat. If I look odd, I look odd.
if looking odd means slim then take it!

Quote:
Great post Mim! Its so true about getting caught in a cycle. On closer inspection, I have been yoyo dieting. Stopping, starting, changing plans, all the while gaining. I've been feeling completely hopeless and out of control. Well, I have decided to stop beating myself up with negative thoughts and start with the positive... I done it before, I can do it again! I love you guys!
Quote:
Aw thanks CC, you guys are always so welcoming. I hear you on The Chiropractor. I will arrange to see one soon, promise. Strangely, DD just got a new student job as a nanny for a family of Osteopaths that run their own clinic. Its in walking distance from my house too.
MMS, please do go, not only for your physical health but mental state as well. When you don't feel good you get depressed. And we all know where that leads......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Sunday morning! I woke up again feeling smaller. And again my scale refused to budge. But I know that I'm losing inches. My clothes tell the tale. And I can just feel it. The scale is not the only indicator.

What is everyone up to today? My family does not live here so I'm going to just have a laid back - on plan day. I'll continue to pack some, but mostly I plan on just resting today.
Good plan, Mim. Cooked up some food for the week and did some ebay photos, chilly and crappy out, so again we huddle inside the cottage.......

Quote:
Good job losing inches Mim. That's great news! Lazy Sunday here for me. Just cooking for the family... Most of which I can not eat.
LMAO cooking bad food for the fam...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post

Turan, GettingThere lost over 150 on this plan and she has maintained for over two years despite a family that is overweight AND constantly trying to feed her/ridicule her for being too thin.

I ain't goin' nowhere......y'all can count on that.

Quote:

Quote:

we are just east of Lake George, New York.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
to all those who are having problems sticking with the diet - don't beat yourself up too much. I keep going off and on programs. I have decided I am not going to be able to stick with Stillmans b/c it is causing other problems. But I am still here to annoy everyone!

Quote:

awww, honey, my heart goes out to you. I planted another old cat in the graveyard two weeks ago........it is never easy to say goodbye to your children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post
Hi all. Just a quick check in. Things are improving here, but I've had a weird tummy bug all week. I'm hungry and nauseous at the same time and have only been able to tolerate plain, unflavored carbs. Not preggie, so going to see the doc tomorrow. Will hopefully get back on plan soon. Hope everyone has a great week.
eek, stomach flu? Feel better!

well, happy cold, spitting snow, cloudy and windy Monday.......brrrrrrr
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4105.jpg (65.2 KB, 4 views)
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:48 AM   #150
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Monday morning! I have a church covered dish dinner tonight. I'm not going to go crazy but I will eat a bit off plan. Folk bring their best dish to these things and they want to know how I like it! My scale is still stuck so maybe a bit of deviation will help. We are having a fashion show using clothing we picked up from our last rummage sale. It should be fun. I got a beautiful dress in a size 18! I was a 22. It is actually a dress I will wear, not a funny outfit.

It is cold and dreary here too. But this too will pass and we will be back to sunny days!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote