Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Thursday morning! Welcome Mrs. Holly and Welcome back, Ainsley!

Mar - I'm sorry to hear your mom was in the hospital. Will they do surgery on the hernia? Did I miss something - are you working and not going to school? Is this a new job?
Mom is home now and on fluids she meets with the surgeon next week to see if she needs surgury. she is supposed to be on bed rest but went to a meeting today! I was mad!

School is done for the year and I am working my summer job... that is a whole other story of stress but long story short I work for a non profit about 20 hours a month (it was supposed to be a 6 week contract that I got while I was working full time and has lasted almost 2 years because they liked me!) helping with event coordinating and membership to our organization and the executive director resigned and they asked me to fill in for him for the summer until I go back to school in September!

Last edited by Mar922; 05-09-2013 at 02:44 PM..
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Hugs to all and to our newbies!

{{{{{Turandot}}}}} go easy on yourself, beating yourself up leads to bad things.

Mar, congrats on finishing school, I hope your Mom is okay. WOW filling in for the ED, impressive! Maybe a career opportunity?

I am becoming my mother, the Gardening Marshal. I have been digging up the dandelions in the front yard for three days now. I am liking the excersize, I need it after being trapped in the cottage for winter.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #93
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
I just did toning/strength training for my arms. Just cause y'all wanted to know!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #94
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Turan - most of that 10 will come back off quickly. Don't forget all the hard work you have done and how good you feel.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:59 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Mar

Sending you love for your dear Mom! Try not to be too stressed at your new job.

CCG
I am BACK on the horse hard today!! 2 weeks hard core stills here I come! I am trying not to buckle under my life stress at the moment. I have to go to Washington Monday then I leave in a few weeks to see my dying mentor.
MIM

I have always heavy lifted but I haven't on stills. I am thinking about getting back into it. It helps burn calories all day long. I hope to lose the 10 THIS WEEK!

TODAY

I have bought a TON of fish and I will try JUST fish for a while to get me back on plan. I also had a little MCT oil in my coffee this morning to help me jump back into ketosis.
I am retaining a TON of water right now! Any tips on how to get rid of it?

I just found out that my Peru Wagner gala will be TELEVISED FOR BROADCAST!! I am wearing that WHITE gown since I can only wear a white gown in the summer months. I have to lose 30lbs by the END of JUNE!!! 40 if I can pull it off!!!!
:apra yer:

Last edited by Turandot; 05-10-2013 at 06:01 AM..
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:33 AM   #96
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Friday morning! Oh my, I am a bit sore this morning! I forget how utterly out of shape I am. I started with 3 lb weights! But it won't take me long to build back up. It feels good knowing that I exercised and am on my way to a healthier me!

My scale is stuck. But I feel thinner, so all is good. The scale will move as it wants to.

As I pack I have 4 criteria - pack to keep, give away to charity shop, give to church for rummage sale, and throw away. There hasn't been much throw away which makes me happy - that means I haven't been hauling around junk. My give away piles and what I've already given away have been quite large though. I'm feeling good about getting rid of stuff that just weigh me down! Metaphor, ya know.

Turan - drink lots of water - that will help with the fluid retention. I can't wait to see you on TV! I have youtube videos of my church services, but that just isn't the same!

Mar - with so much stress in your life, being on plan is more important than ever! Keep up the good work!

BC - I think most creative people have spells like you are going through. It is really tough to get through, but you can do it! Being on plan will help with mental clarity. Honest!

CC - my dd's lawn is a sea of yellow! They have a lawn service cut the grass every two weeks, but as soon as it is cut, the lovely yellow flowers pop their heads up! I think it is pretty, I'm sure the neighbors don't! I know you must feel good being outside.

Last edited by Mim; 05-10-2013 at 06:38 AM..
Old 05-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Good Friday morning! Oh my, I am a bit sore this morning! I forget how utterly out of shape I am. I started with 3 lb weights! But it won't take me long to build back up. It feels good knowing that I exercised and am on my way to a healthier me!

My scale is stuck. But I feel thinner, so all is good. The scale will move as it wants to.

BC - I think most creative people have spells like you are going through. It is really tough to get through, but you can do it! Being on plan will help with mental clarity. Honest!

CC - my dd's lawn is a sea of yellow! They have a lawn service cut the grass every two weeks, but as soon as it is cut, the lovely yellow flowers pop their heads up! I think it is pretty, I'm sure the neighbors don't! I know you must feel good being outside.
Thanks for the support. I know that when I am doing things like following diet and exercise programs, I feel a lot better. I have to get back to it.

I have a whole bunch of exercise DVDs that I should weed through. I am not doing a lot of them - if I was I would be in shape - and some I just don't like. Then I order more so I should just get busy and clean them out. I live behind a Value Village so there is no excuse there!

And CC, not that long ago I wrote a blog entry on dandelions, their history and the fact that they are good for your lawn! LOL
Old 05-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yay Turan, back on the horse! Not so much on your upcoming trip, so sad about your mentor...........

LOL Mim, it's so great being out that I've pulled almost every muscle!

Yes, bc, I know the dandelions rejuvenate poor siol and they are worshipped by the Chinese for medicinal properties. But this year I just couldn't bear them, I was out digging them again today!

had tuna for lunch, eggs and turkey sausage for breakfast and I have nothing thawed to cook! Waiting, waiting.........
Old 05-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
yay Turan, back on the horse! Not so much on your upcoming trip, so sad about your mentor...........

LOL Mim, it's so great being out that I've pulled almost every muscle!

Yes, bc, I know the dandelions rejuvenate poor siol and they are worshipped by the Chinese for medicinal properties. But this year I just couldn't bear them, I was out digging them again today!

had tuna for lunch, eggs and turkey sausage for breakfast and I have nothing thawed to cook! Waiting, waiting.........
But they are so pretty! LOL Until they turn grey and spread their seeds everywhere.
bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #100
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs.Holley
Stats: 160/154/115
WOE: primal/stillmans
Start Date: april
Thanx

Thanx for all y'all's welcomes and answers to my questions I wanted to reply individually and learn everyone's name but life just threw me a gigantic curve ball and I have been super overwhelmed and stressed but good news I lost around 3 pounds in what seems like over night so even though the stress makes me want to stress eat i refuse to give in but at this point I can smell a cookie from across the room lol It's odd that my sense of smell seems to be in over drive and my taste buds also if I eat anything that has the slightest bit of fat you'd swear it was the best thing I ever ate lol weird but then again I've never restricted my diet in this way either
Thanx for listening
- Mrs. Holley
Mrs.Holley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:40 AM   #101
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Saturday morning! I am so confused! I usually wake up one or two times to go to the loo but I slept through last night. I woke up this morning and didn't look at the clock, went to the loo, laid back down, and didn't go to sleep! So, I looked at my phone (clock) and it was 6:00 - my usual wake up time! I'm so confused!

Mrs. Holley - congratulations on your loss!

I am stuck. Well, I should say my scale is stuck. But I continue to shrink, so eventually I'll start see pounds lost again. i tried on a pair of pants I couldn't zip a few weeks ago and I can get into them now! I'm not overly fond of how they look, so I won't be wearing them yet, but the fact that I can zip them is proof that I'm losing inches!

What is everyone up to this weekend? Since I live far away from family I'll have a quiet weekend. I have much to do to keep me busy.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hello guys, its been a while since I posted here. Well, I am miserable... In a total rut and I just don't seem to be able to break free. I go a few days, then give up. I'm just so down on myself right now. I recently lost 4lbs only to blow it by having a huge binge. What is wrong with me lately??? I need to weigh but have put it off because I know I have gained. I need to get back to strict Stillman's. Just feel so depressed today.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #103
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Oh mms - don't be so down on yourself. Come hang out with us. We will remind you in no time flat how wonderful you are!
Old 05-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh mms - don't be so down on yourself. Come hang out with us. We will remind you in no time flat how wonderful you are!
Thank you Mim, you are so kind. Hope all is well with you.I don't want to be a downer but I feel terrible. A little better since posting here though. I've checked the fridge for legal supplies and will restart tomorrow. I want my mojo back!
Old 05-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Good Saturday morning! I am so confused! I usually wake up one or two times to go to the loo but I slept through last night. I woke up this morning and didn't look at the clock, went to the loo, laid back down, and didn't go to sleep! So, I looked at my phone (clock) and it was 6:00 - my usual wake up time! I'm so confused!

I am stuck. Well, I should say my scale is stuck. But I continue to shrink, so eventually I'll start see pounds lost again. i tried on a pair of pants I couldn't zip a few weeks ago and I can get into them now! I'm not overly fond of how they look, so I won't be wearing them yet, but the fact that I can zip them is proof that I'm losing inches!

What is everyone up to this weekend? Since I live far away from family I'll have a quiet weekend. I have much to do to keep me busy.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hello guys, its been a while since I posted here. Well, I am miserable... In a total rut and I just don't seem to be able to break free. I go a few days, then give up. I'm just so down on myself right now. I recently lost 4lbs only to blow it by having a huge binge. What is wrong with me lately??? I need to weigh but have put it off because I know I have gained. I need to get back to strict Stillman's. Just feel so depressed today.
WELCOME BACK MMS!!!!! I have been having a HORRIFIC TIME OF IT! I was doing so so well and I just gained 12 lbs binging like crazy! I have 40 days to lose 30-40lbs!! I can do it if I treadmill for an hour a day and do STRICT stills. I have a televised concert in PERU June 29 and I will be wearing the WHITE gown! SO TV and WHITE means I need to lose 30lbs!!! YIKES! I need to get to a weight that I haven't been for a LONG time so I will feel better. All my clothes were big last week and in a WEEK I undid it all! UGH!

Don't worry MMS stick with us and just try to do a week of Stills. We are here to support you!!! WELCOME BACK!
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #106
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

We get caught in a cycle where we feel good about ourselves and weight loss is part of that. But then we start gaining and we start feeling bad about ourselves and then we have a hard time getting back on plan. And on and on. But we have a reference point! We have lost weight before, we have felt good about ourselves before, we have made it through difficult times. And so we can jump back in and start at any point. Feel good about yourself. And the rest will follow. Or find a way to get through stress. And the rest will follow. Or get back on plan. And the rest will follow. Does that make sense? We all have done great things - we have brought new life into the world, or we have made the world brighter with our creative talent, or our kindness has made a difference to someone else. Or simply, we have loved and have been loved. Hang in there folks! We can do this!
Old 05-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #107
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiny
Stats: 166/147/127 - 5' 4" - 50 yo
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Day 1 Tomorrow

Hi there. I just joined. I have had 40 pounds creep up on me in the past 5 years and I am two months from a college reunion. I just discovered stillmans on this forum yesterday, and thought it may actually be possible to shed a substantial amount of weight.

What do you think? How much can I lose between May 12 and July 12?
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
But they are so pretty! LOL Until they turn grey and spread their seeds everywhere.
yep, that's why I dig.....and dig.......and dig......new ones are out there now, laughing at me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Holley View Post
Thanx for all y'all's welcomes and answers to my questions I wanted to reply individually and learn everyone's name but life just threw me a gigantic curve ball and I have been super overwhelmed and stressed but good news I lost around 3 pounds in what seems like over night so even though the stress makes me want to stress eat i refuse to give in but at this point I can smell a cookie from across the room lol It's odd that my sense of smell seems to be in over drive and my taste buds also if I eat anything that has the slightest bit of fat you'd swear it was the best thing I ever ate lol weird but then again I've never restricted my diet in this way either
Thanx for listening
- Mrs. Holley
we're here, girl, post away!!!

Quote:

yay on new pants!

out hunting and gathering today, tomorrow is grain and feed day; then ebay time, DH is parting out a tractor and has stuff for me to list, so I will be photoing like mad.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hello guys, its been a
while since I posted here. Well, I am miserable... In a total rut and I just don't seem to be able to break free. I go a few days, then give up. I'm just so down on myself right now. I recently lost 4lbs only to blow it by having a huge binge. What is wrong with me lately??? I need to weigh but have put it off because I know I have gained. I need to get back to strict Stillman's. Just feel so depressed today.
MMS, we love you, girl. And, yes, to sound like the proverbial broken record, again I say
chiropractor
there, I said it. Again.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

WELCOME BACK MMS!!!!! I have been having a HORRIFIC TIME OF IT! I was doing so so well and I just gained 12 lbs binging like crazy! I have 40 days to lose 30-40lbs!! I can do it if I treadmill for an hour a day and do STRICT stills. I have a televised concert in PERU June 29 and I will be wearing the WHITE gown! SO TV and WHITE means I need to lose 30lbs!!! YIKES! I need to get to a weight that I haven't been for a LONG time so I will feel better. All my clothes were big last week and in a WEEK I undid it all! UGH!

Don't worry MMS stick with us and just try to do a week of Stills. We are here to support you!!! WELCOME BACK!

Quote:
We get caught in a cycle where we feel good about ourselves and weight loss is part of that. But then we start gaining and we start feeling bad about ourselves and then we have a hard time getting back on plan. And on and on. But we have a reference point! We have lost weight before, we have felt good about ourselves before, we have made it through difficult times. And so we can jump back in and start at any point. Feel good about yourself. And the rest will follow. Or find a way to get through stress. And the rest will follow. Or get back on plan. And the rest will follow. Does that make sense? We all have done great things - we have brought new life into the world, or we have made the world brighter with our creative talent, or our kindness has made a difference to someone else. Or simply, we have loved and have been loved. Hang in there folks! We can do this!
Turan, Mim, you are such treasures, don't ever leave me, please.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Hi there. I just joined. I have had 40 pounds creep up on me in the past 5 years and I am two months from a college reunion. I just discovered stillmans on this forum yesterday, and thought it may actually be possible to shed a substantial amount of weight.

let's bet, or poll on it....and look back in two months.

I'll say forty. 2.5 pounds a week, totally doable.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

and go me!!!!!! I have NO cheese in da house!!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #110
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiny
Stats: 166/147/127 - 5' 4" - 50 yo
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Thanks CCGirl for the vote of confidence! Let's see though, I have 8 weeks to lose 40 pounds, so your math is more optimistic than mine. I would have to lose 5 pounds a week! But that's what Dr. Stillman estimates, right? The reason I like the idea of this diet is because I totally can't do moderation. I like the severity of the very limited food choices. So...I'm gonna weigh myself in the morning and get a starting weight. I think I'm around 165 at 5'4". I was a 115-120 pounder most of my adult life, I'm small framed and it really doesn't seem right to carry all this weight. I'm 50, but still, I don't want to accept this much middle age weight gain as par for the course. So...tomorrow, goodbye chub, hello eggs, fish & lean meat...
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #111
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: debbi1972
*lemon water*

Hi everyone, quick question...is it okay to have lemon water? I didn't see any reference made to lemons on the allowed list so I am unsure as to whether I should drink it. I normally squeeze half a lemon a day into water.
Thanks
Debbi
debbi1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:12 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

Thank you Turan, I will stick around, at least long enough to see you get into your dress. How exciting! Sorry to hear you have been having a bad time also. I'm sure you will drop those extra 12lbs in no time. I need to get on the scale... I've been avoiding it but I guess its time to face the music. I've got 11 days until my birthday and the plan is to be legal until then. Its going to be difficult because I have to attend a presentation this Wednesday and its a sit down meal but I have decided that I just won't eat anything that is not meat. If I look odd, I look odd.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:19 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Great post Mim! Its so true about getting caught in a cycle. On closer inspection, I have been yoyo dieting. Stopping, starting, changing plans, all the while gaining. I've been feeling completely hopeless and out of control. Well, I have decided to stop beating myself up with negative thoughts and start with the positive... I done it before, I can do it again! I love you guys!
Old 05-12-2013, 02:23 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Hi Tiny. I would not like to put a figure on it but if you stick to plan, LOTS! Welcome to Stillman's.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:31 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

MMS, we love you, girl. And, yes, to sound like the proverbial broken record, again I say
chiropractor
there, I said it. Again.

Aw thanks CC, you guys are always so welcoming. I hear you on The Chiropractor. I will arrange to see one soon, promise. Strangely, DD just got a new student job as a nanny for a family of Osteopaths that run their own clinic. Its in walking distance from my house too.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:34 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
and go me!!!!!! I have NO cheese in da house!!!!!!!!
You go girl!
Old 05-12-2013, 02:40 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks CCGirl for the vote of confidence! Let's see though, I have 8 weeks to lose 40 pounds, so your math is more optimistic than mine. I would have to lose 5 pounds a week! But that's what Dr. Stillman estimates, right? The reason I like the idea of this diet is because I totally can't do moderation. I like the severity of the very limited food choices. So...I'm gonna weigh myself in the morning and get a starting weight. I think I'm around 165 at 5'4". I was a 115-120 pounder most of my adult life, I'm small framed and it really doesn't seem right to carry all this weight. I'm 50, but still, I don't want to accept this much middle age weight gain as par for the course. So...tomorrow, goodbye chub, hello eggs, fish & lean meat...
I agree about not accepting extra weight as part of the course. My doctor told me I was being unrealistic and that I would never return to the weight I was when I was younger. She nearly fell off her chair when I walked in in my skinny jeans. She then told me I was underweight and needed to gain some!
Old 05-12-2013, 02:49 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbi1972 View Post
Hi everyone, quick question...is it okay to have lemon water? I didn't see any reference made to lemons on the allowed list so I am unsure as to whether I should drink it. I normally squeeze half a lemon a day into water.
Thanks
Debbi
Its not on the list. If you can go without it then do so. Maybe you can add it later and see how it affects you. Many of us change the diet a tad. I for example allow a small amount of LF mayo for my tuna mix and a very small amount of LF cheese as I don't like Cottage Cheese. I still lose really fast with these adjustments but everyone is different.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:53 AM   #119
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday morning! I woke up again feeling smaller. And again my scale refused to budge. But I know that I'm losing inches. My clothes tell the tale. And I can just feel it. The scale is not the only indicator.

What is everyone up to today? My family does not live here so I'm going to just have a laid back - on plan day. I'll continue to pack some, but mostly I plan on just resting today.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:42 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good Sunday morning! I woke up again feeling smaller. And again my scale refused to budge. But I know that I'm losing inches. My clothes tell the tale. And I can just feel it. The scale is not the only indicator.

What is everyone up to today? My family does not live here so I'm going to just have a laid back - on plan day. I'll continue to pack some, but mostly I plan on just resting today.
Good job losing inches Mim. That's great news! Lazy Sunday here for me. Just cooking for the family... Most of which I can not eat.

Last edited by makemeslim; 05-12-2013 at 07:12 AM..