Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Hi all! Hey, we're alive and somewhat healthy, I will take that. Don't sweat the small stuff.

CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

possibly a spoof but funny nonetheless...........

Southern cops have a way with words! These are actual comments made by South Carolina Troopers that were taken off their car videos:

1. "You know, stop lights don't come any redder than the one you just went through."

2. "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch after you wear them a while."

3. "If you take your hands off the car, I'll make your birth certificate a worthless document." (My Favorite)

4. "If you run, you'll only go to jail tired."

5. "Can you run faster than 1200 feet per second? Because that's the speed of the bullet that'll be chasing you." (LOVE IT)

6. "You don't know how fast you were going? I guess that means I can write anything I want to on the ticket, huh?"

7. "Yes, sir, you can talk to the shift supervisor, but I don't think it will help. Oh, did I mention that I'm the shift supervisor?"

8. "Warning! You want a warning? O.K, I'm warning you not to do that again or I'll give you another ticket."

9. "The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?"

10. "Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you go to ride on rides, eat cotton candy and corn dogs and step in monkey poop."

11. "Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife gets a toaster oven."

12. "In God we trust; all others we run through NCIC." ( National Crime Information Center )

13. "Just how big were those 'two beers' you say you had?"

14. "No sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to, but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we can."

15. "I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail."

AND THE WINNER IS....

16. "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't. Sign here."
Old 05-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hoops
Stats: 5'9"
Day 3 almost done. I came off a fast, so I actually have gained each day... 1.6 and 0.4. I have to not be discouraged, although I am really hoping for a slight loss tomorrow. I've been spot on with my eating.

Day 1: 3 eggs, 3-4 oz shrimp, and small bowl of chili (just lean ground beef w/lots of cayenne. Day 2: same as day 1. Day 3: 3 eggs, about 4 oz chicken breast, and small chili. I think Day 4 I am going to have fish for dinner. All week at work there are goodies to eat. I am a teacher, and it is teacher appreciation week. I can bring home the goodies for my son. Also, I am working the next two Saturdays at school meetings, so there will be a lot of snacks out again! I just want to get back to what I weight last April, and then drop 10 more.

Mim- I just did 12 days water, but I did add a little fresh lemon and lime juice a couple times a day.

Turan- I may try more seafood and fish, too. The weight loss seems to be a lot better.

BC- Drinks and bar food or just food with friends... it is my downfall, too. Way to hop back on plan. Life happens.

CCGirl- I love the last one....

Andrea- Did you make it back on QWL?
Old 05-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #64
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Riri
Stats: 154/138/130
WOE: Stillman's
thanks Turandot for your kind words! you are so sweet and I'm so sorry to hear about your mentor. As the others said, having a chance to say goodbye is so valuable. Many hugs to you.
paleopaleo hang in there! many hugs to you as well.
mim wow!! 3 hours!! ....... wow..
moomie22boys GREAT JOB!!! congrats on reaching that weight!!
good luck hoops
and to all the others, good to see y'all!

I'm back to Hurst,Tx from my trip that lasted 2 months in Austin! and now I can't find the motivation to get back on plan
In Austin it was easier to stick to stills and exercise cause almost everyone there is active and eats healthy (except on my friends wedding week which had loads of food)

so here is a recap: After my Birthday (April 9th) I couldn't stick to stillman's cause i thought its not worth it, specially that the wedding week started on the 13th and my body will need 3 days to get back to ketosis state. II convinced myself that i will jump back in as soon as the wedding is over. Needless to say, I never got back to diet. My clothes started to fit again (after they were becoming loose) some of them are even getting tight!!!

Its really hard to stick to any plan at home, thanks to my mom and sis. They both are overweight but refuse to join me or stick to any diet or exercise plan. Instead, they constantly try to talk me out of it. Its really frustrating if you asked me.

I'm too afraid to step on the scale .. I don't want to see the result of me pigging out for the past weeks.

oh well.. I'm not giving up yet but I'm taking it easy at the time being to be honest, I was thinking on focusing on how i look more, and stop being obsessed by the numbers on the scale. At the end, no one will know that number unless I printed it on a T shirt or something! haha
That being said, THOSE LAST 15 POUNDS ARE SUCH A PAIN!!

sigh...

Good luck to everyone!
Riri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
I have been lurking this month vowing everyday that I am going to start tomorrow so now I am just going to post to give myself some accountability... Tomorrow I will be posting and actually starting back on stills

My loose clothes have started to get tight and some of the clothes I bought just weeks ago are too tight now so I am guessing I have gained about 10lbs enough to go up a pants size

I know how to do maintenance and I knew eating all this bad food was not maintenance but I kept thinking well I lost 30 lbs I can eat whatever... not a good way of thinking and I was making myself full which is never good for maintenance I know better than this! I have done this before! but here I am again to lose the same 10 pounds AGAIN! This is how I gained back the weight slowly after maintaining for 8 months... I am not doing this again! I know what to do and its when I get lazy that things stop fitting!

Last edited by Mar922; 05-06-2013 at 09:57 PM..
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:35 AM   #66
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Tuesday morning! I am slowly working my way back down. Mar I'm with you on the re-losing wagon. Although I'm no where near maintenance. We know what works and we can do it!

Riri - welcome back! Focusing on how you look is a good thing! And it is fun. You know what you should and shouldn't put in your mouth, and as you say, the scale is just numbers!

Hoops - wow! 12 days of just water! I can't even imagine! It is hard to stay on plan when there is so much temptation around! You are doing great!

I have never successfully been able to have a cheat meal or a cheat day. I tried a diet a couple of years ago where every 4 day (I think it was 4 day) we were supposed to eat more carbs, fat, calories. I always gained 4 pounds doing that and it would take me a week to get those 4 off. And then I realized that after the initial 4 pound gain, I could kinda maintain or only gain a pound a week and eat more calories, fat, carbs. Obviously that was not a diet that worked for me! Other times a cheat has just caused me to continue to cheat. It is not that I have the all or nothing mentality - but rather it is because when I put carbs back in my system, my system wants more! If my will power is not strong, I give in. If I stay on plan, for the most part those cravings are non existent. That is why it is hard when a parishioner invites me to dinner! I eat what I'm served.

I've got a lot to accomplish today so I best get at it. Have a great Tuesday everyone!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:43 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

{{{{{{{{{MAR}}}}}}}} I knew you were out there! I know what you mean about lazy...my skinny jeans were tight last week so back to plan for me.

Riri, I remember GettingThere struggling with overweight family criticizing her losses and WOE, that is something I have no clue for support, except to say do it for yourself and if they can't come around then bully for them.

Mim, carbs are like a drug, it turns off the "I've eaten enough' switch, don't blame no willpower on it, not your fault. There is no changing physiology.

Every day is a gift. Be good to yourselves.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Hoops: I've been kinda-sorta doing QWL since April 1st. I say kinda-sorta, because I've not been keeping super strict. Plus, I was trying to alternate my calories JUDDD style, buts it's very hard to eat enough lean protein on stills to get the calories up there like they should be for good JUDDD rotations.

<sigh>

Anyway, right now I'm doing a very close version of Stillmans trying to keep fats very limited, including very little cheese. I do have ff half & half in my coffee, and I eat the yolks of my HB eggs, but the mayo I had started adding back in has been banished. I do use protein shakes every couple of days (unsweetened almond milk, no-carb protein powder, SF pudding powder, glucommanan powder) as a meal replacement, which I think has helped my progress.

Not much more time to post today...headed out to get my hair done (stupid gray roots!), then it's off to baseball. Keep working it gals!!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Totally on plan again today. I wish I'd stop gaining from the fast. Grrrrr! I gained another 0.4 pounds. I would think the gain would be over and I'd start losing now, especially doing Stillman's QWL. I am not feeling fish tonight, so I pulled out chicken breast to grill.

Riri- I love Austin! We finally got Whole Foods here, but the first time I went to one was in Austin years ago. You'll get back on plan, and those clothes will soon feel loose again.

Mim- It is hard to just have a cheat meal or cheat day, without justifying another.

Mar- I hear you about the losing the same darn weight again! I am in the same boat, just more pounds to lose yet again.

Andrea- I pulled a gray hair out driving home from work today. It was just glistening in the sun! lol Question for you, are the egg yolks not Stillman's QWL? I have been eating them.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
The yolks aren't a no-no per se, but......it is where the fat lives. So, I should really limit my yolks if I want to stay strict with a minimum amount of fat. That said, I really like eggs with their yolks...whites alone are just so unappealing. If I feel like I need to cut back somewhere, the yolks will have to go.
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:35 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
RIRI

WELCOME BACK!!!!! DO NOT weigh yourself. It will only upset you and could lead to more eating! Whenever I see a bad number I eat like crazy. YOU CAN DO THIS GIRL!! FOR SURE.

MAR

YOU CAN DO THIS! You are basically at goal! I would KILL TO BE YOU!

MIM

CARBS ARE MY DRUG!! My problem is when I do have a CHEAT DAY I go NUTS and gain 5lbs! Then like everyone else I spend the next week trying to lose what I gained. I need to eliminate cheats for a while!!
Hoops HOLY CRAP! 12 days of water? I would die for sure!!!!!
I need to lose 30 more lbs ASAP! I'm going to try as hard as I can to eat seafood and salad as much as I can for a few weeks.
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:22 AM   #72
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Wednesday morning! I had to take meds last night and so I slept in this morning. I hate when I need to do that because it takes me so long to get going in the morning. Oh well, six or ten cups of coffee should do wonders!

I'm eating a lot of seafood right now. I need to lose what I gained in March and April. I had lost 10 in February and then gained that plus a few more. I hope to drop 15-20 this month.

I'm behind schedule this morning so I best get moving! Happy Wednesday!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:44 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Wednesday morning! I had to take meds last night and so I slept in this morning. I hate when I need to do that because it takes me so long to get going in the morning. Oh well, six or ten cups of coffee should do wonders!

I'm eating a lot of seafood right now. I need to lose what I gained in March and April. I had lost 10 in February and then gained that plus a few more. I hope to drop 15-20 this month.

I'm behind schedule this morning so I best get moving! Happy Wednesday!
ME TOO MIM!! 15-20 for me too!!!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Hi everyone!
I was on the stillmans thread last year in September gearing up for a Hawaii vacation. I was able to lose 10 pounds in 3 weeks on strict stills. Well here I am again gearing up for a vacation to Miami 3 weeks tomorrow...and with those 10 lbs to lose again!
Ready to give it my all again. Stocked up on my lean proteins and saying goodbye to my beloved wine for while...so sad. Looking foward to chatting with you all!
xo
Ainsley
healthy for life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #75
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs.Holley
Stats: 160/154/115
WOE: primal/stillmans
Start Date: april
hello

I'm new and not sure if I'm doing this right lol
Mrs.Holley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #76
Junior LCF Member

ok lol Anyway I'm new to stillmans been doing it for about 3 days hoping to drop my weight fast I would like to lose around 40 pounds any tips and pointers would be great
I do have a question as far as meat is concerned should I use chicken breast that I need to cook myself or can i use deli chicken? same with turkey? as I'm typing this I'm thinking I should go with regular chicken since it doesn't have the additives anyway thank you for reading
Old 05-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Hi Holley,
I always try to use real chicken if possible but if in a pinch deli meat is okay as long as the ingredients don't have filllers and the label lists no carbs. When I did Stills last time I used them and didn't seem to affect me negatively...they are high in sodium though.
healthy for life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #78
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
Hi Holley,
I always try to use real chicken if possible but if in a pinch deli meat is okay as long as the ingredients don't have filllers and the label lists no carbs. When I did Stills last time I used them and didn't seem to affect me negatively...they are high in sodium though.
thanx
Old 05-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Holley and Ainsley!

Okay... weight FINALLY dropped 0.2 pounds. I guess I am now in losing mode, I hope! Well, I ate too much steak tonight, so I hope I don't climb up. I had 2 eggs about 6:45am, and then I ate grilled steak and steamed shrimp about 5:45pm. I forgot my lunch for work, so I was a hungry hippo when I got home.
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #80
Junior LCF Member

How long does it take to start losing on stillmans ? I feel as though I'm not losing and I've been on the diet for 3 days
Old 05-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

hey guys!
So....I didn't post the last 2 days like I said I would but I am down 2 lbs but I think its lack of food not lack of carbs as all I have eaten are carbs! I got a text from my mom yesterday morning saying she was in the ER so I spent the last 2 days with her or at work for a couple important meetings so I had hospital food to eat and what people brought me (pasta). My mom got to go home today and she's on bed rest (she finally got diagnosed with a hernia after 2 days of tests) so I ran to costco and grabbed meat when I had time and will be all meat tomorrow!

My mom always one to think positive is kinda liking the not eating a little bit as she's been complaining about her weight lately lol!
Old 05-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
hey guys!
So....I didn't post the last 2 days like I said I would but I am down 2 lbs but I think its lack of food not lack of carbs as all I have eaten are carbs! I got a text from my mom yesterday morning saying she was in the ER so I spent the last 2 days with her or at work for a couple important meetings so I had hospital food to eat and what people brought me (pasta). My mom got to go home today and she's on bed rest (she finally got diagnosed with a hernia after 2 days of tests) so I ran to costco and grabbed meat when I had time and will be all meat tomorrow!

My mom always one to think positive is kinda liking the not eating a little bit as she's been complaining about her weight lately lol!
Just take care of yourself and my thoughts to your Mom.
bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Holley View Post
I'm new and not sure if I'm doing this right lol
Welcome. Some people lose fast on Stillman's. Others not so much (I think) Make sure you are following the diet precisely is all I can say.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops View Post
Hi Holley and Ainsley!

Okay... weight FINALLY dropped 0.2 pounds. I guess I am now in losing mode, I hope! Well, I ate too much steak tonight, so I hope I don't climb up. I had 2 eggs about 6:45am, and then I ate grilled steak and steamed shrimp about 5:45pm. I forgot my lunch for work, so I was a hungry hippo when I got home.
Congrats on the weight loss.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Holley View Post
How long does it take to start losing on stillmans ? I feel as though I'm not losing and I've been on the diet for 3 days
for me its pretty quick the first week and slows after that, other peope are the opposite. How is your water intake? that makes a huge difference at the beginning especially if you ate lots of carbs and salt before.

also how much salt are you eating? things like broth make me stall others can eat it just fine
Old 05-09-2013, 04:15 AM   #86
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Thursday morning! Welcome Mrs. Holly and Welcome back, Ainsley!

Mar - I'm sorry to hear your mom was in the hospital. Will they do surgery on the hernia? Did I miss something - are you working and not going to school? Is this a new job?

I got off schedule yesterday. i had to see a parishioner who is in a hospital that is kinda far away. So, I had eggs for breakfast, shrimp for lunch and I was going to have shrimp or salmon for dinner. But by the time I got home I was too hungry to fix either, so I scrambled eggs. Today I'll be more to schedule and will have two seafood meals. I'm very motivated - I have an interview coming up in 2.5 weeks and I want to feel and look good!
Old 05-09-2013, 05:14 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops View Post
Hi Holley and Ainsley!

When you did your water fast did you lose? I have never fasted but I feel like a need a few days to restart of just water and maybe some fish. MY TOM and my life stress has made me NUTS!! I started well then went WAY OFF THE RAILS.

I thought when you fasted that your body goes into starvation mode?

WELCOME TO THE NEWBIES!

MAR
I am sending you so much LOVE for you and YOUR MOM!
Old 05-09-2013, 05:44 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why does a few days of out of control eating mean you gain 10 lbs??? CRAP!
Old 05-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #89
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cherry88
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
I am so disgusted with myself. I drank way too much booze this weekend and ate garbage. No wonder I am having problems losing weight.
Hey love!

I feel the same way. I've veered of the plan for about 4 days already. Not eating sugar/carbs but fats and a lot of dairy. Dairy seems to be a trigger food for me so I can't eat any of it during stillmans bought a bunch of fat free cheese from costco that I should just trash. I'm a damn cheese addict!!

Cheer up though, it's a process! We fall and we get back up. We aren't perfect.

I will start my morning with some poached eggs and tea! Tonight I'm gonna fry up some chicken though (lol) w/o the flour ofcourse.

My love,

Marcia
Cherry88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry88 View Post
Hey love!

I feel the same way. I've veered of the plan for about 4 days already. Not eating sugar/carbs but fats and a lot of dairy. Dairy seems to be a trigger food for me so I can't eat any of it during stillmans bought a bunch of fat free cheese from costco that I should just trash. I'm a damn cheese addict!!

Cheer up though, it's a process! We fall and we get back up. We aren't perfect.

I will start my morning with some poached eggs and tea! Tonight I'm gonna fry up some chicken though (lol) w/o the flour ofcourse.

My love,

Marcia
Thanks for the support. I am frustrated with a lot things in my life - lack of book sales, not settling down to work on the next one, my weight, my body - and I just have to deal with them.

I am back eating primarily low carb/paleo. For breakfast I have flax meal mixed with sweetener, cinnamon and water then topped with berries and almond milk. Keeps me full for three or more hours.

Take care everyone.