Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
CCG

I hope they lock him up for the REST of his life!!!

I will be back for hard core stills SUNDAY!
Thanks, Turan, he won't do time but it will look nice on his record when they arrest him for two counts of credit card fraud/identity theft, which may end in serving time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
Welcome to the nut house Gidget. It is a pleasure to meet you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Friday morning! I've been in a bad place the last few days. I'm going to take steps to turn it around today.

Hi Gidget! Good to see you!

What is everyone doing this weekend? I'm going to do some packing - getting ready to move in a few weeks. Most of the day today will be spent at work though.
Mim, hugs your wayare you moving to Chicago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry88 View Post
Hi Stillmanistas!

I also have to learn that celebrating doesn't always mean eating. I've been conditioned to think that was (I think we all do).

Have a wonderful Friday All!!

Quote:
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE LOVE

My mentor has stage 4 lung cancer. She asked me to come home to say goodbye. I am looking at flights now.
OMG wow, Turan I have found a lot of comfort and info at hello grief.com. Sending love and hope your way.

found out Mom's belts are all too big..........so, BAM, point, click and Mother's Day, done!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #32
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Oh Turan - I'm sorry. It is hard to say good-bye, but what a blessing that you have the opportunity to do so.

CC - I'm not sure what I'm doing. Nothing is going the way I thought it would. But there is a reason for that. There is a family need that I may have to be available for and until that is resolved I am in limbo. It is kinda hard to live in limbo! But in a few weeks I'll have a clearer picture of where I need to be.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:

My mentor has stage 4 lung cancer. She asked me to come home to say goodbye. I am looking at flights now.
I am so sorry. I am keeping you in my thoughts.
bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

My TOM finally started and I dropped two inches off my hips and stomach! (only about 9 or 10 inches to go!) My waist needs to go down 11 inches so I started using my five pound hula hoop again. My hips and rib cage and waist are bruised. LOL

By the end of June I want my hips down about three inches and my waist the same. I have a pair of pants that I want to fit for my birthday celebration with my parents. If there is one. If not, I just want to get into them before I lose so much weight that they won't fit at all!
Old 05-04-2013, 03:56 AM   #35
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Saturday morning! I'm sitting by the patio listening to the birds and enjoying the fresh air! I can't sit on the patio yet because I ned to wash my chairs.

BC- Congratulations on shrinking! Don't you just love that feeling? I do virtual hula hoop on my Wii. I've thought about getting a real one. Well done!

Even though it is Saturday, I'm going to try to get started in a bit on the things I need to do. I like to have my Saturday evenings clear. So, have a great day everyone!
Old 05-04-2013, 04:35 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh Turan - I'm sorry. It is hard to say good-bye, but what a blessing that you have the opportunity to do so.

CC - I'm not sure what I'm doing. Nothing is going the way I thought it would. But there is a reason for that. There is a family need that I may have to be available for and until that is resolved I am in limbo. It is kinda hard to live in limbo! But in a few weeks I'll have a clearer picture of where I need to be.
Good post about having the chance to say I love you before checking out.

And nothing going according to plan, I think we all have that realization at some point. Ah, the plans I had......

Do tell how you are going to move, (self, UHaul, ABF Relocube, etc.) I have quotes from two to six thousand dollars!

Quote:
My TOM finally started and I dropped two inches off my hips and stomach! (only about 9 or 10 inches to go!) My waist needs to go down 11 inches so I started using my five pound hula hoop again. My hips and rib cage and waist are bruised. LOL

By the end of June I want my hips down about three inches and my waist the same. I have a pair of pants that I want to fit for my birthday celebration with my parents. If there is one. If not, I just want to get into them before I lose so much weight that they won't fit at all!
yay bc! on the shrinkage, not the bruising!

Quote:
Good Saturday morning! I'm sitting by the patio listening to the birds and enjoying the fresh air! I can't sit on the patio yet because I ned to wash my chairs.

BC- Congratulations on shrinking! Don't you just love that feeling? I do virtual hula hoop on my Wii. I've thought about getting a real one. Well done!

Even though it is Saturday, I'm going to try to get started in a bit on the things I need to do. I like to have my Saturday evenings clear. So, have a great day everyone!
Here's to a great day all! Hunter gatherer day today. Must procure food for the cave, get my nails done, get acetylene for DH to dismantle tractors to sell, shop for BFF's birthday, the usual stuff.

It will be in the mid seventies OMG sandal and capri weather, of which I had not dug out of the attic for fear of jinxing the weather.........if I put away the wool coats I am convinced we will have more snow LOL...

find happy.......choose life......be well!
Old 05-04-2013, 04:46 AM   #37
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

CC - DD and SIL just had their stuff moved to Chicago. They got 3 quotes and one was way out of line with the other two! As for me - I have a storage unit which all my belongings will be put into! My son is taking leave and coming down to help me. We will re-arrange the unit and he will take what is his. I will get rid of a bit of stuff that has just been there until I get to it. My son and several volunteers from the church will move my things into the storage unit. I'll move my dishes/pots and pans and clothes to dd's empty house. When I move to my next church, they will be responsible for moving me. They typically hire a professional company, but if I stay around here, they may decide to rent a truck and move me themselves. I have really downsized and my goal is to only have Christmas decorations in storage! But I can't do that until I know where I will live. I had thought that this move would be my final move, but it doesn't seem to be going that way!
Old 05-04-2013, 07:09 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Quote:

Oh no, TDot. I'm so sorry. Glad that you're getting the chance to spend some time with her now. Big hugs, hun.
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hoops
Stats: 5'9"
Okay... starting today

I just finished a very needed 12 day cleanse, so now I am ready to do this. I went to the grocery store last night, however I bought mostly foods for my DS18. Although, I did get some very lean hamburger and shrimp, and I have fish in the freezer.
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Sitting at the baseball fields in the sun with my coffee. Beautiful day! Of course, I'm headed to the hockey rink after this game...not much sunshine in there.

Making today a shake day. I feel heavy today, like I'm retaining water, so I think a shake day will serve me well.

Be back to check in later. Enjoy!
Old 05-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:

Very sorry to hear Turan.
paleopaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
I'm dealing with a lot of unexpected stuff right now and I'm just hanging in there for now. Unfortunately I'm also not getting much rest or support, so I'm feeling rather burned out and weepy right now. I know this time will eventually pass, but some of the issues are long term and I'm still coming to terms with that.

I'm doing my best to stay on track with my eating plan and not give in to hard-core emotional eating, but I don't have much energy to spare right now. It sound like others are dealing with similar issues, so hopefully we'll get through this soon.
paleopaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
CC - DD and SIL just had their stuff moved to Chicago. They got 3 quotes and one was way out of line with the other two! As for me - I have a storage unit which all my belongings will be put into! My son is taking leave and coming down to help me. We will re-arrange the unit and he will take what is his. I will get rid of a bit of stuff that has just been there until I get to it. My son and several volunteers from the church will move my things into the storage unit. I'll move my dishes/pots and pans and clothes to dd's empty house. When I move to my next church, they will be responsible for moving me. They typically hire a professional company, but if I stay around here, they may decide to rent a truck and move me themselves. I have really downsized and my goal is to only have Christmas decorations in storage! But I can't do that until I know where I will live. I had thought that this move would be my final move, but it doesn't seem to be going that way!
At least you have a plan! Stay strong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops View Post
Okay... starting today

I just finished a very needed 12 day cleanse, so now I am ready to do this. I went to the grocery store last night, however I bought mostly foods for my DS18. Although, I did get some very lean hamburger and shrimp, and I have fish in the freezer.
{{{{{{Hoops}}}}}} go you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Sitting at the baseball fields in the sun with my coffee. Beautiful day! Of course, I'm headed to the hockey rink after this game...not much sunshine in there.

Making today a shake day. I feel heavy today, like I'm retaining water, so I think a shake day will serve me well.

Be back to check in later. Enjoy!
Have a great day Mommie22!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post
I'm dealing with a lot of unexpected stuff right now and I'm just hanging in there for now. Unfortunately I'm also not getting much rest or support, so I'm feeling rather burned out and weepy right now. I know this time will eventually pass, but some of the issues are long term and I'm still coming to terms with that.

I'm doing my best to stay on track with my eating plan and not give in to hard-core emotional eating, but I don't have much energy to spare right now. It sound like others are dealing with similar issues, so hopefully we'll get through this soon.
{{{{{Paleo}}}} hang in there, prayers your way!

ah, life, the curve balls just keep coming.....still, every day is a gift. Even the crappy ones.

Last edited by CCGirl; 05-04-2013 at 03:00 PM..
Old 05-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GidgetPiecukonis View Post
Hello. :-) I am a lurker here even though I have not really stuck with Stillmans for a while. I try then I fall off...badly...then I try again. Well here I am trying AGAIN. LOL I have my first cruise in 190 short days and I really want to be bikini ready. I also have been yelled at by my doc for my weight creeping back up and she wants my cholesterol down. Anyway....I am going to literally do plain chicken, fish, and eggs and TONS of water and my vitamins and that is IT! My question is.....for my eggs...I LOVE those jars of pickled eggs. I know they are higher in sodium but do you think they would be ok on Stillmans?

I was 228 then down to 206 and now 220 so I really need to do something quick! My doc wants to see me below 200 when I go back at the end of June.
I was skimming around the different threads on the Stillman's board and re-read the Stickies at the top of the page and read something about pickled eggs and remembered that you had asked about them.

In the 14-Day Plan, it specifically says no pickled eggs. (Sorry.) On the QWL Plan, it doesn't mention them specifically, but it does say that you can only eat what you see listed and is says you can eat eggs cooked any way you like (hard boiled is best) as long as you don't use any fat when you cook them.

So, it looks like pickled eggs are on the no-no list, if you're trying to do Stillman's strictly by the book. I know I certainly eat things that are not, per se, allowed. Wasn't sure how strict you were trying to be.

Good luck!!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Old 05-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #45
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Fun with Mim

Mim got up this morning feeling like she was ready to begin to get back in a routine. She had one whole day of being on plan! So, after drinking her morning coffee and reading the news, she got up to get ready to go to the office. So, she showered, and then was ready to fix her hair. She reached for her glasses. She had worn glasses every day since she was in third grade. Her glasses were not on the sink. They were not anywhere upstairs. Feeling like she was losing her mind, she came downstairs and got out her old glasses. That prescription is two prescriptions ago, as she has had the lenses replaced in her current frames. Her old glasses were not much help. While she can see without her glasses, everything is blurry and only big objects are identifiable. Not knowing what to do, she sat down on the couch where she had been reading before her shower. And there were her glasses! Why would she have taken off her glasses and laid them on the couch? Did I mention that she can't see much without them? Well, she walked to the office for the first time in weeks, to do some work that usually takes her just under an hour. Today it took her just under 3 hours! She is aware that she does not feel great, but just how much the pneumonia has taken her down was apparent today. However, in spite of the silly glasses thing, and the overly long task making, she is on plan and ready for day 3!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Eggs- Just a FYI-
I am not a fan of eating eggs, however I bought a microwave egg gadget for like $3 a few months ago. Well, I figured I'd have an egg for breakfast to try it out. It was pretty good. I mean, I actually ate 2 more eggs this afternoon. It is perfect for the mornings I leave for work, since I leave before 7:00am and generally don't have much time. It only microwaves for 40 seconds for a well done egg...I can't do runny yokes. Hey, I may even take it to work to make a quick 2 eggs for lunch, since my lunch is very short and I frequently just work through it.

Day 1-
Today was surprisingly easy. I think doing the fast for 12 days prior to beginning this was extremely helpful. Wait, that is probably why eggs actually taste good to me, since I haven't had food for so many days. Anyway, so far I've eaten 3 eggs and a small bowl of my version of Stillman's chili... extra lean ground beef and tons of cayenne pepper to simmer.

Turkey Bacon-
What is everyone's take on turkey bacon for QWL? I think I recall people eating it before, but I am not sure.

Exercise-
How much does everyone exercise? I've been pretty sedentary, and I would love to get moving again. It just makes me feel better. I think the doctor suggests walking, but I was curious what you all do.

Last edited by Hoops; 05-04-2013 at 06:53 PM..
Old 05-05-2013, 03:45 AM   #47
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday morning!

Hoops! I'm glad you are having an easy time. What kind of fast did you do?

Andrea - how was the sports day? My kids played sports - I miss it.

I am having a hard time adjusting to the time. Yeah, we changed our clocks weeks ago - but it isn't that. Several times it has been 7:30-8:00 when I realize I need to eat dinner! The reason is that the days are longer and I tend to live some of my life on a natural rhythm - knowing it is evening because it was getting dark at 5. Now it is still light at 7:30 and I am eating too close to bed time. So, today I might set my timer after lunch so that I eat dinner at 6 -6:30. My biggest meal is lunch, 2nd biggest is breakfast and dinner is small. But even though it is small, I need to eat it before 7:30!

Ok, I've got to look over some notes. Happy Sunday!
Old 05-05-2013, 06:34 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for asking, Mim, yesterday was great. DS9 hit a 2-run RBI double in his baseball game, then he got an assist in his hockey game. DS11, who also had a baseball game which I had to miss b/c I had to take my other son to hockey, ended up pitching 2 innings with a total of 5 strike-outs and a play-making throw out at first. Two won baseball games and a tied hockey game. An all-around good sports day. I love it...I'm sure I'll miss is all one day.

In other news, TOM appears to be the reason I was feeling so heavy yesterday. He's decided to make an early entrance this month. But, I did see a nice drop on the scale this morning to finally bring me into a new decade! The last date in my log that I posted a weight in the 180's was on August 26th of this past year. Yee-haw!

Ok, I've got a heap of laundry staring me down that needs some tending to.

BBL...
Old 05-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Thanks for asking, Mim, yesterday was great. DS9 hit a 2-run RBI double in his baseball game, then he got an assist in his hockey game. DS11, who also had a baseball game which I had to miss b/c I had to take my other son to hockey, ended up pitching 2 innings with a total of 5 strike-outs and a play-making throw out at first. Two won baseball games and a tied hockey game. An all-around good sports day. I love it...I'm sure I'll miss is all one day.

In other news, TOM appears to be the reason I was feeling so heavy yesterday. He's decided to make an early entrance this month. But, I did see a nice drop on the scale this morning to finally bring me into a new decade! The last date in my log that I posted a weight in the 180's was on August 26th of this past year. Yee-haw!

Ok, I've got a heap of laundry staring me down that needs some tending to.

BBL...
NEW DECADE!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

QWL

I had my cheat day yesterday! I am doing STRICT QWL for 20 days!!! I plan to just eat seafood. I need to get to my LOWEST WEIGHT!! I got a copy of "The Doctor's Quick Weight Loss Diet" book from Amazon for $1.00. Cross your fingers that with all of my life stress I can stick to it. I also want to treadmill for at LEAST 30 min a day with my netflix.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:17 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Fun with Mim

Mim got up this morning feeling like she was ready to begin to get back in a routine. She had one whole day of being on plan! So, after drinking her morning coffee and reading the news, she got up to get ready to go to the office. So, she showered, and then was ready to fix her hair. She reached for her glasses. She had worn glasses every day since she was in third grade. Her glasses were not on the sink. They were not anywhere upstairs. Feeling like she was losing her mind, she came downstairs and got out her old glasses. That prescription is two prescriptions ago, as she has had the lenses replaced in her current frames. Her old glasses were not much help. While she can see without her glasses, everything is blurry and only big objects are identifiable. Not knowing what to do, she sat down on the couch where she had been reading before her shower. And there were her glasses! Why would she have taken off her glasses and laid them on the couch? Did I mention that she can't see much without them? Well, she walked to the office for the first time in weeks, to do some work that usually takes her just under an hour. Today it took her just under 3 hours! She is aware that she does not feel great, but just how much the pneumonia has taken her down was apparent today. However, in spite of the silly glasses thing, and the overly long task making, she is on plan and ready for day 3!
YOU WALKED FOR 3 HOURS!!! WOW! MY HERO!
Old 05-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post

SENDING YOU HUGS!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
QWL

I had my cheat day yesterday! I am doing STRICT QWL for 20 days!!! I plan to just eat seafood. I need to get to my LOWEST WEIGHT!! I got a copy of "The Doctor's Quick Weight Loss Diet" book from Amazon for $1.00. Cross your fingers that with all of my life stress I can stick to it. I also want to treadmill for at LEAST 30 min a day with my netflix.
I hope you enjoyed your cheat day yesterday. Good for you for making it one day and jumping right back into strict QWL today!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:36 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is my problem. I have a hard time eating just one meal or one day off plan. I reason in my head that I already blew it and should just add another day or three. I am so all or nothing. I need to change that!
Old 05-06-2013, 03:39 AM   #55
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Monday morning! I had a really good day yesterday. Every now and again an affirmation comes alongs that really boosts the mood! I had such an affirmation yesterday and it has given me new energy to stay on plan and to start exercising. And on top of that - I got my laundry done! : ) So today I'll go to the office and then work on packing some more. I've got to go to my storage unit soon and start re-arranging that so my furniture and things I have here will fit in. Hopefully they will only be in storage a month. I've been toying with the idea of putting my scale in storage. I can't decide if that would be a really good idea or a really bad one. In the past when I've gone without weighing it starts to give me an excuse for not staying on plan. But when I'm on plan and the scale does not behave for long stretches I tend to go off plan! I shall have to ponder these things!

Have a great Monday everyone!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops View Post
That is my problem. I have a hard time eating just one meal or one day off plan. I reason in my head that I already blew it and should just add another day or three. I am so all or nothing. I need to change that!
I AM ALSO ALL OR NOTHING! I am either STARVING or BINGING!! I just want to get to my goal weight and STAY for a while!
Quote:
Good Monday morning! I had a really good day yesterday. Every now and again an affirmation comes alongs that really boosts the mood! I had such an affirmation yesterday and it has given me new energy to stay on plan and to start exercising. And on top of that - I got my laundry done! : ) So today I'll go to the office and then work on packing some more. I've got to go to my storage unit soon and start re-arranging that so my furniture and things I have here will fit in. Hopefully they will only be in storage a month. I've been toying with the idea of putting my scale in storage. I can't decide if that would be a really good idea or a really bad one. In the past when I've gone without weighing it starts to give me an excuse for not staying on plan. But when I'm on plan and the scale does not behave for long stretches I tend to go off plan! I shall have to ponder these things!

Have a great Monday everyone!
I MUST stay away from the scale! If I don't see a HUGE loss I freak out and eat a TON!!! So happy you are seeing positive affirmations. YOU DESERVE THEM AND MORE!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

DAY 2

Today is day 2. I have decided that I MUST do hard core STILLS for as LONG as I can. I also needed to eliminate as much fat as possible. I am eating fish and seafood 6 times a day. I LOVE the Gortons Grilled Tilapia (roasted garlic & Butter) is my FAV! Each piece has 80 Calories 2.5g fat and 14 g protein. I am better off limiting my food right now until I get closer to my goal. There is so much going on in my life I cannot RISK the temptation of eating off plan. I will weigh myself May 22 and see where I am. I was able to get back on plan yesterday but with everything going on in my life I am vulnerable and I could eat anything that isn't nailed down.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

I am so disgusted with myself. I drank way too much booze this weekend and ate garbage. No wonder I am having problems losing weight.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #59
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am so disgusted with myself. I drank way too much booze this weekend and ate garbage. No wonder I am having problems losing weight.
Look, look, look! Look at all that dust! bc is dusting herself off after a stumble in the dust and now she is all dusted off and ready to be on plan!

I'm sorry about your weekend, but don't be disgusted with yourself - that was then and this is now! You can do it!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Look, look, look! Look at all that dust! bc is dusting herself off after a stumble in the dust and now she is all dusted off and ready to be on plan!

I'm sorry about your weekend, but don't be disgusted with yourself - that was then and this is now! You can do it!
Thanks for the support Mim. I do this too often, overdrink. So I am going to try to stay away from booze etc until the end of June (my birthday). I also have my physical, including blood tests, in mid June so I am going to eat healthy foods and try to fix as much damage as possible.