Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 11:47 AM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
I went out to dinner last night w friends so I was super strict pp since Monday. I made sure to have my lean beef for lunch breakfast was eggs and had a few of the lightly breaded fingers buffalo wings unbreaded had an entree of chicken no aides and I ordered a salad w no dressing to keep me full into my entree came. I don't weigh in so that's great I don't have to deal w the scale bounce, but I was so proud of my choices. I've been doing Dukan for close to six weeks and I feel fantastic for the most part. Nothing tempted me in the slightest-but I did have two-three bites of corn. To think corn was a "cheat" when there was carrot cake ice cream and delish looking red velvet in my face is such a great feeling. To be able to get up and get back on track with no cravings is so worth it. I'm so used to getting bored and losing motivation that I'm excited I'm at the halfway mark but so focused. I let myself get so heavy that it feels really good to be back in the mindset of fitting back into my clothes-it took a long while and too many lbs to get to this place. Sorry for the speel-having a weird Friday workday but focusing on the positive! I hope u all are having a great day xo

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2013, 11:59 AM   #362
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WannabeElegant
Stats: 195/182.82/145
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: May 27 th, 2013
Well that sounds pretty good.. Good for you. Motivation is the key. You will get through this !
And a few bites of corn is a ton better than carrot cake
by the way - you look fantastic in your pic
WannabeElegant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #363
Junior LCF Member

Wonderful. Good foryou!
Old 05-31-2013, 03:59 PM   #364
Junior LCF Member

Oh my gosh. How wonderful is this stillmans diet? I was down 5 lbs this morning and just had to weigh myself again tonight and i have lost another pound. I am over the moon!!!!! And just the motivation i need to face the weekend with two birthday parties!!!

Is seafood allowes on the qwl diet? Like shrimps, clams, crab etc?
Old 05-31-2013, 05:47 PM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
if it's protein, it's all good!

pleasant night everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:55 PM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeElegant View Post
Oh my gosh. How wonderful is this stillmans diet? I was down 5 lbs this morning and just had to weigh myself again tonight and i have lost another pound. I am over the moon!!!!! And just the motivation i need to face the weekend with two birthday parties!!!

Is seafood allowes on the qwl diet? Like shrimps, clams, crab etc?
That is fantastic! 6lbs is insanee-do u feel lighter?!?

Seafood should be fine as long as its not drenched in butter-load up on shrimps

Thx for the support
krissakris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:05 AM   #367
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Saturday morning! Yeah! I woke up this morning in my new temporary home! I've been sleeping here since Monday night but yesterday I met with the landlord of the townhouse and gave him my key, so now it is official. I have a new address. I don't know how long I'll be here, but I hope to move to a permanent place by early fall. My cool weather clothes are in storage!

I lost a pound! It is a regained pound, but a loss nonetheless. I'm going grocery shopping later today. I need chicken!

Happy Saturday!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #368
Junior LCF Member

Wah!!

So up a lb ... and I think I know why. I went to Costco yesterday and couldn't bypass the free tidbits of cheese. Well at least it was cheese... could have been worse. And last night my husband took me out for dinner and I had lobster and a bit of steak.. the steak has some fat on it .. (YUMMY) and the lobster came grilled, but in oil. But the worst part was the cheese. I think I must have been 5 carbs worth, and I think I am definitely sensitive to carbs. I am tracking what I eat .. the estimated carbs, adn the estimated calories and seeing how I do the next morning on the scale. I have learned this from all of you - and so when analyzing it this morning, I think it was mostly the cheese carbs ..

So .. I will experiment this weekend with only lean proteins .. fish, seafood, chicken.. and see how I do on Monday. To be honest, if I can LEARN/FIGURE out this body of mine, I will be very happy ... to just know what foods I can and can't eat. I think I have been depending on everyone else or other diets for years... and so gaining more and more weight. In fact, I feel so much better these last few days. Normally I wake with swollen (pins and needles) hands .. and my legs and ankles swollen. Excess water. And the more white food I have (pasta, rice, breads etc.) the worse the swelling seems to be. Almost an allergic reaction. So ... am tracking all of this. Thanks for the great posts. I read them every day .. and I( am learning. Thank you. HAve a great weekend everyone.

Now for the June challenge! Mine is to loose 15 lbs before June 21st.

Wish me luck.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:36 AM   #369
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Krissakriss... yes I am very happy with my 6 lbs (now 5 lbs..) .. and yes I feel lighter and it shows a little in my face!! HURRAY!!

mORE SOON...
Old 06-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #370
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
I just spent a bit of time unpacking some boxes and bags. I'm in temporary housing for a few months and so I tried to only bring what I will need: 1 pot, 1 pan, some flatware, all my spices and canned goods. I threw away everything in the refrigerator - condiments that I was afraid to move because it is so hot and the ac is broken in my car. I brought my treadmill, and total gym and some various other exercise "stuff". I brought my clothes. While I was packing I put my winter clothes in a bin to go into storage. My winter clothes are mostly sweaters as I wear the same black dress pants or bluejeans year round. So here is my thought and question. I have tons and tons of clothes. I gave many bags to charity and I still have tons and tons. The reason for that is I feel like I don't have pretty, good fitting clothes! As I unpack I'm going to have three categories: what I wear, what I'll be able to wear when I get back to ticker weight, and things I won't wear even if I fit into them! I suspect that even when I only have the clothes that I currently fit into, of those I will only wear a few things. Does this resonate with anyone else? My goal is to simplify my wardrobe as I simplify my life. I'm going to have time to do that if I work on it even just a few minutes a day.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #371
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: saudade
Stats: 167/164/130 (5'6")
Start Date: May 30 2013
Hi all! Is there a June thread yet? This is day 3 for me and I have already lost 3 lbs! I really wasn't expecting to see any loss until I entered ketosis, but I think I may be entering ketosis today. I feel different. I don't have any "carb-flu" though. It might be because I didn't eat a lot of bad carbs to begin with. My diet previously has been a whole foods, organic diet and the only carbs I got were from fresh veggies, fresh fruit and limited whole grains. I didn't eat a lot of sugar to begin with, just a bit in my coffee each day is all.

The only non-Stillman's food I've had is a little half and half in my coffee. I usually drink my coffee sweet and tried drinking it black, but yuck...I can tolerate it with half and half. It adds a little extra fat but not really any carbs. I don't use artificial chemical sweeteners.

I'm so happy to see loss already! It's sure easier to keep going when you see REAL RESULTS, that is why I think this "diet" is best for me. I get so impatient and discouraged seeing only 1 lb loss in a week on low calorie diets...then if I mess up once and eat cheese or something, the lb comes back. So discouraging!
saudade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
June thread is started........see ya there!!!!!!!!!!!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Congratgs Kris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
I went out to dinner last night w friends so I was super strict pp since Monday. I made sure to have my lean beef for lunch breakfast was eggs and had a few of the lightly breaded fingers buffalo wings unbreaded had an entree of chicken no aides and I ordered a salad w no dressing to keep me full into my entree came. I don't weigh in so that's great I don't have to deal w the scale bounce, but I was so proud of my choices. I've been doing Dukan for close to six weeks and I feel fantastic for the most part. Nothing tempted me in the slightest-but I did have two-three bites of corn. To think corn was a "cheat" when there was carrot cake ice cream and delish looking red velvet in my face is such a great feeling. To be able to get up and get back on track with no cravings is so worth it. I'm so used to getting bored and losing motivation that I'm excited I'm at the halfway mark but so focused. I let myself get so heavy that it feels really good to be back in the mindset of fitting back into my clothes-it took a long while and too many lbs to get to this place. Sorry for the speel-having a weird Friday workday but focusing on the positive! I hope u all are having a great day xo

Feeling good in those clothes is great. I don't like looking at the scale either. I do it once a week now but that's it. You're in a good mind-set, keep up the great work, rooting for ya!
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote