Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
Hey Turan! I am creating a character in my latest novel - a minor character, forensic pathologist. She is a tall, beautiful, African-Canadian woman with the name Ophelia Turan. Wonder who inspired that?
I'M SO HONORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't WAIT TO READ IT.

Quote:
I think low carbing is a great way to go b/c we can do it forever. It is a healthy way of eating.

I remember that you write paranormal. Glad you liked the cover. Did you see the faces in the flowers?
Low carbing is the ONLY way for me!!

I had a GREAT day with my mentor. She was in GREAT spirits and we spend 5 hours together I plan to come back to see her again. We had a GREAT BRUNCH and I ate eggs and bacon. It was really wonderful. THANK YOU ALL for your kind thoughts.
I had a cheat meal Thursday and then had the stomach flu! I have had nothing but low-no carb foods. Lovely steak today and Bacon. Gown shopping Tuesday for the Peru concerts. I hope I find something GREAT! I am still hoping for 15 lbs before then.
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Happy Weekend All

Turan, she chose a good model I bet, lol. Love that name. CC what BC, don't sell your saddles, the bags will fall off (teasing). Good luck on the book BC; Turan glad you have something you can enjoy and I bet you will find a lovely gown and rock everyone's world. Ta, all. And Happy Lcing to all. Will reply on Wed when I weigh in. Thanks for being so warm and inviting all. Hugs, Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
I'M SO HONORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't WAIT TO READ IT.

Low carbing is the ONLY way for me!!

I had a GREAT day with my mentor. She was in GREAT spirits and we spend 5 hours together I plan to come back to see her again. We had a GREAT BRUNCH and I ate eggs and bacon. It was really wonderful. THANK YOU ALL for your kind thoughts.
I had a cheat meal Thursday and then had the stomach flu! I have had nothing but low-no carb foods. Lovely steak today and Bacon. Gown shopping Tuesday for the Peru concerts. I hope I find something GREAT! I am still hoping for 15 lbs before then.
Good luck on the fifteen pounds - I bet you can do it.

As for the book - it is the sequel to Missing Flowers. I have so many ideas for this series. Here's how I initially describe Dr. Ophelia Turan:

Dr. Turan, a tall, elegant, strikingly beautiful African-Canadian woman, motioned for the detectives to enter. Her large, almond shaped eyes were framed by long lashes and shone with intelligence.
bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Missing Carbs,lol

Quote:
Good luck on the fifteen pounds - I bet you can do it.

As for the book - it is the sequel to Missing Flowers. I have so many ideas for this series. Here's how I initially describe Dr. Ophelia Turan:

Dr. Turan, a tall, elegant, strikingly beautiful African-Canadian woman, motioned for the detectives to enter. Her large, almond shaped eyes were framed by long lashes and shone with intelligence.
--------------
WTG, BC. That is very eloquently put. I can so imagine this character. Have you a cover yet for it? Email me if you like.
Everyone have a lovely evening. And happy LCing. You can do it Turan.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
--------------
WTG, BC. That is very eloquently put. I can so imagine this character. Have you a cover yet for it? Email me if you like.
Everyone have a lovely evening. And happy LCing. You can do it Turan.
Thanks Mae. I haven't gotten to the part about a cover yet. I still have a lot of work to do!
Old 05-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Hope your are better too, BC

Quote:
Thanks Mae. I haven't gotten to the part about a cover yet. I still have a lot of work to do!
No problem, but if you'd like one (no charge), I would be honored to give you some inspiration. Hey writers, especially ones losing weight, need lots of inspiration, right? lol Just title, some minor details and I can set you up if you like. Email me a PM. If not interested, I won't be offended and didn't mean to push it. So happy day all around. Hugs mae
Old 05-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
No problem, but if you'd like one (no charge), I would be honored to give you some inspiration. Hey writers, especially ones losing weight, need lots of inspiration, right? lol Just title, some minor details and I can set you up if you like. Email me a PM. If not interested, I won't be offended and didn't mean to push it. So happy day all around. Hugs mae
You aren't being pushy. I am just a little tired right now - don't think that well when tired.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:36 AM   #308
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Monday morning, friends. Happy Memorial Day for those in the States. I'm dragging by here. I'm going to make a last push to get things carried over to dd's house. There is still packing to do, but I think that the best I'll do today is getting my things I'll need to dd's house and wrapping furniture here. My son will be in this evening. We probably won't move anything tonight as he won't get here until 7ish. I pick up the U-Haul in the morning and we can load the furniture and everything that is boxed. Then either later tomorrow or on Wednesday we can get the rest of the stuff. Thursday I'll clean - that won't take me long. And then I can meet the landlord and be done with it!

I have decided to take my treadmill. I'm going to hit the diet and exercise hard. And now I'll continue to drink my pot of coffee in hopes I can get this tired body moving!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:18 AM   #309
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiny
Stats: 166/147/127 - 5' 4" - 50 yo
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Hi all! So it took me...let's see...I drank vodka and as a consequence ate like crap the evenings of last Wednesday and Thursday, and it took me until today to get back to my last Wednesday morning weight. So it took three days and three nights of exemplary behavior to make up for two nights of alcohol fueled binging. Note to self: It is SO not worth it. Shouldn't be a difficult choice, but sometimes it is. Vodka & Lucky Charms or slim healthy and strong? (BTW, I don't mix the Vodka and Lucky Charms. It's just that after I've had a couple, I'm rummaging through the cupboards for anything sweet). Anyhoo, back on the horse (except for you bc -- you stay away from horses.)

Happy Memorial Day!
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

I am so sore and tired. I went for my walk yesterday morning then did a 25 minute weight lifting routine and Tai Chi. Today I went for my walk but haven't been able to do much else. It is a good pain though - I keep telling myself that - because it is going to lead to a fantastic body!

Hope all Americans are enjoying their memorial day and remembering who should be remembered.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:18 AM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:

As for the saying you posted in the last entry, here's another one. "Man makes plans and God laughs'. I love that one, to me it means to always be flexible.

!
good one bc. Too true.

have a great day all!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #312
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WannabeElegant
Stats: 195/182.82/145
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: May 27 th, 2013
Day two. Newbie

Hello all of you. I have been reading the posts with great interest. And so now have joined. Yesterday was day one of hard core stillmans. I am really really hoping to loose 20 lbs by june 21st. I think it can be done. Then i go to canada and see old friends so i would like to be down a bit before i see them.

This is what i have been eating I would love one of you experts to help advise me

Day 1

2 eggs lightly fried ( in a restauarant)
Chicken breast skinless. Cooked in george foreman about 150 gramsice of tuna fosh cooked george foreman. About 60 grams
Tons pf warer.
Diet coke

No loss on scale today !!!

Day two

Two eggs in omelette, used pam spray
Piece of white fish Some oil used to cook on the grill
Lean hamburger oil drained off and two eggs beaten in it
Chicken breast about 100 grams. On George foreman

I am hungry and thinking about food! Should i start to see a loss soon? And can i really eat as much as i want. Right now i would love more hamburger meat and eggs

Last edited by WannabeElegant; 05-28-2013 at 03:45 PM..
WannabeElegant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #313
Junior LCF Member

Oh and does anyone know how to post a picture?. Mine keep getting rejected
Old 05-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #314
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
I am guessing you are trying to add a avatar? I see you posted a photo in your profile spot. I will add it to your avatar spot for you as well.. Remember that avatars need to be no larger then 150 pixels tall by 200 pixels wide. I went ahead and cropped your photo for you so it wouldn't be so small.. If you ever need help adding a photo you can send it to the site or to me at cherilynn8@hotmail.com and I can add it in for you. If you wanted to post a photo in your post let me know and I can post directions on how to do that for you.

cheri

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeElegant View Post
Hello all of you. I have been reading the posts with great interest. And so now have joined. Yesterday was day one of hard core stillmans. I am really really hoping to loose 20 lbs by june 21st. I think it can be done. Then i go to canada and see old friends so i would like to be down a bit before i see them.

Where in Canada are you visiting WE?
Old 05-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Hi all! So it took me...let's see...I drank vodka and as a consequence ate like crap the evenings of last Wednesday and Thursday, and it took me until today to get back to my last Wednesday morning weight. So it took three days and three nights of exemplary behavior to make up for two nights of alcohol fueled binging. Note to self: It is SO not worth it. Shouldn't be a difficult choice, but sometimes it is. Vodka & Lucky Charms or slim healthy and strong? (BTW, I don't mix the Vodka and Lucky Charms. It's just that after I've had a couple, I'm rummaging through the cupboards for anything sweet). Anyhoo, back on the horse (except for you bc -- you stay away from horses.)

Happy Memorial Day!
I have to stay away from Alcohol for sure! It makes me eat anything that's not nailed down! WELCOME BACK

Quote:
I am so sore and tired. I went for my walk yesterday morning then did a 25 minute weight lifting routine and Tai Chi. Today I went for my walk but haven't been able to do much else. It is a good pain though - I keep telling myself that - because it is going to lead to a fantastic body!

Hope all Americans are enjoying their memorial day and remembering who should be remembered.

WOW!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! AMAZING!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheri View Post
I am guessing you are trying to add a avatar? I see you posted a photo in your profile spot. I will add it to your avatar spot for you as well.. Remember that avatars need to be no larger then 150 pixels tall by 200 pixels wide. I went ahead and cropped your photo for you so it wouldn't be so small.. If you ever need help adding a photo you can send it to the site or to me at cherilynn8@hotmail.com and I can add it in for you. If you wanted to post a photo in your post let me know and I can post directions on how to do that for you.

cheri
OMG CHERI

I just read your before and after!!!!!! THIS IS EXACTLY what I needed to see today! I am so close to my goal (about 30 lbs) and seeing this made me feel even more determined than EVER!!!!! SO SO PROUD OF YOU!!! It makes me feel better to see someone who was my old size. I am also reading your GUIDE. FANTASTIC!!!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hoops
Stats: 5'9"
I am back after 2 weeks off plan. No worries.

Today:
2 eggs with 1/2 slice turkey bacon
2 eggs with 1/2 slice turkey bacon
ummm, lots of steak
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

This is what i have been eating I would love one of you experts to help advise me

Day 1

2 eggs lightly fried ( in a restauarant)
Chicken breast skinless. Cooked in george foreman about 150 gramsice of tuna fosh cooked george foreman. About 60 grams
Tons pf warer.
Diet coke

No loss on scale today !!!

Day two

Two eggs in omelette, used pam spray
Piece of white fish Some oil used to cook on the grill
Lean hamburger oil drained off and two eggs beaten in it
Chicken breast about 100 grams. On George foreman

I am hungry and thinking about food! Should i start to see a loss soon? And can i really eat as much as i want. Right now i would love more hamburger meat and eggs
WELCOME!!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #320
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Do u guys mind if I join you? I'm tech on Dukan cruise but the board is pretty dead and I tend to do more pp days than anything. It's funny bc I did dukan bc it seemed less restrictive than still man but even w the options I stray toward strict. I've finally given up cheese minus parm cheese as a topping here and there. I average cauliflower 1-2xs a week and it's mostly meat water eggs diet soda and sometimes Greek yogurt. ��
krissakris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
Do u guys mind if I join you? I'm tech on Dukan cruise but the board is pretty dead and I tend to do more pp days than anything. It's funny bc I did dukan bc it seemed less restrictive than still man but even w the options I stray toward strict. I've finally given up cheese minus parm cheese as a topping here and there. I average cauliflower 1-2xs a week and it's mostly meat water eggs diet soda and sometimes Greek yogurt. ��
Of course you can join us! It is great to meet you.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post

WOW!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! AMAZING!
Thanks Turan. I did the same workout today but I increased the weight I worked out with. My weight hasn't started to drop yet but it will.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #323
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Cherie for posting my picture...

Well I am ready to sleep and looking forward ot tomorrow. Stillmans should work right? I am not in ketosis though yet, so perhaps it wont work yet. Well wish me luck. Seems I am eating a lot though ... worried about that. All lean protein, bno carbs... but seems like a lot.

Night all
Old 05-28-2013, 09:46 PM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Hey Again

“MIM: Quote: I have decided to take my treadmill. I'm going to hit the diet and exercise hard. And now I'll continue to drink my pot of coffee in hopes I can get this tired body moving!”
To MIM: Well you’re moving an important pieces with you. Coffee Pot and treadmill. Guzzle and walk to a better you! You’ll do great. Sorry you had to go through all that. I hate moving too, unless it’s downwards on the scales. Lol.
--------------------------------
TINY: Yeps don’t eat crap, or you’ll need more vodka to wash it down. Hope you had a good memorial weekend.
-----------------------------
BC: hope you get untired soon, but so know what you mean. You go girl, you’ll get that fantastic body soon. Just like Turan will.
------------------------
Hi CCgirl. BC was spot on with that line, like your tag lines too. Hope you had a great memorial.
--------------------------
Welcome Wannabe E.~~!! Give it time, you’ll lose the weight and it’s doable. Menu looks good. Do some light walking if you are up to it and try not to stress, that adds weight, mentally and physically. Good luck.
------------------------
Turandot: Nail down the alcohol. Lol. Hope your week’s been good to you.
-------------------------
Welcome Back Hoops~
---------------------------
Krisakris, A big Welcome, glad to have you here!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Turan. I did the same workout today but I increased the weight I worked out with. My weight hasn't started to drop yet but it will.
It will, BC, have faith in you. Rooting for you in your woe and your writing. Mae
PS, I'll post weigh in tomorrow; I only weigh mid week, usually on Wednesdays now. Don't like being a victim of the scaly monster. "grins"
off to bed now, happy dreams and lcing all.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:22 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Quote:
Of course you can join us! It is great to meet you.
Thx! Great to meet you as well
krissakris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:25 AM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Close to first Big Loss goal

Good Morning All,
I weighed in this morning and so close to my first major goal of being under 250, which I haven't been in a long, long time. 251.6. So less than 2 pounds and I'll be there. I was hoping to be under this week, but not disappointed. Better than no weight loss and I'll make the goal next week. So quite happy. This is my reason for only weighing once a week, so much more final a poundage drop is nicer to see instead of doing it daily. Weight fluctuates too much during the day and within in a few days. So sticking with that for now.

Since late last month, that's actually a total of nearly 18 pounds I've lost. I joined middle of this month so was at 259 when I posted, fluctuating between that and 263. It's staying off and whether it's 1 pound a week or 9, any weight off and staying off is a great thing. Also you can tell in your clothing too, so sometimes it's inches instead of pounds. But another thing I believe is very important is the mentality towards it. You have to change your lifestyle and attitude to get that weight off, and help you all over, not just with loss of lbs, but loss of negativity in your life. And that's a journey in itself.
Ok that's my thought for the day.
Happy LC-ing and Life to all. Good luck. Here if you need support. Mae
Old 05-29-2013, 06:33 AM   #328
Junior LCF Member

Happy wednesday. Thanks for the kind welcomes from everyone. Well i weighed myself and am down 1.6 lbs. and that is only in two days so i am happy with that. Today will be another hardcore stillmans day. I feel a little headachy but am super excited because i have been reading all the success stories and i a, amazed at all of your successes. You guys are amazing. Wish me luck!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Happy wednesday. Thanks for the kind welcomes from everyone. Well i weighed myself and am down 1.6 lbs. and that is only in two days so i am happy with that. Today will be another hardcore stillmans day. I feel a little headachy but am super excited because i have been reading all the success stories and i a, amazed at all of your successes. You guys are amazing. Wish me luck!
Good luck!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #330
Junior LCF Member

Hi vancouverite

I am from ottawa but live in mexico. How do you find stillmans?