Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 05:11 AM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hugs all around!!!!!!!!!

waiting for the big melt around here. Winter clothes have to stay out for now. It's rumoured to get to 50F this afternoon, but it's so dreary and foggy out I have doubts.

Finally our realtor is making noise about getting our property to market and handling our relocation, YAY!!!!!!!!!

CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2013, 05:49 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
MAR
YAY!! So happy you are still at it! You have done so well!

CCG!!

IS THAT YOUR HOUSE? Are you selling it? It's beautiful!!! Where is it?

Last edited by Turandot; 04-13-2013 at 05:51 AM..
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:55 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hi guys. Day seven and going strong. I think I have lost around seven pounds. Would like to lose a further 4 so 5 I am up for another week. Hope everyone is losing.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:11 AM   #244
Senior LCF Member

M22B

YOU PASSED ON GOOD chocolate! WAY TO GO!!! You will win your biggest loser competition for SURE! I will follow your lead and up my calories every other day. THIS is why I love this forum so much. So much information and SO MUCH SUPPORT!!!

MMS WAY TO GO!!

Last edited by Turandot; 04-13-2013 at 06:41 AM..
Old 04-13-2013, 06:53 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
M22B

YOU PASSED ON GOOD chocolate! WAY TO GO!!! You will win your biggest loser competition for SURE! I will follow your lead and up my calories every other day. THIS is why I love this forum so much. So much information and SO MUCH SUPPORT!!!

MMS WAY TO GO!!
Thanks Turan. I'm just looking through the recipe thread. I need to make things more interesting. I'm considering allowing half a zucchini per day as I am so close to goal. I like it roasted with one cal spray.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
MAR
YAY!! So happy you are still at it! You have done so well!

CCG!!

IS THAT YOUR HOUSE? Are you selling it? It's beautiful!!! Where is it?
Tur, that's my favorite in our search for a new home, it's one we are considering. It's in the Alachua area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hi guys. Day seven and going strong. I think I have lost around seven pounds. Would like to lose a further 4 so 5 I am up for another week. Hope everyone is losing.
WTG MMS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

CC, the house is gorgeous!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know, MMS, I just hope it doesn't sell before we have our cash! Here's another one on my list............

Old 04-13-2013, 07:53 AM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
I know, MMS, I just hope it doesn't sell before we have our cash! Here's another one on my list............

They are both beautiful... you are spoilt for choice!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

How many rooms by the way?
Old 04-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

all are four bed with bonus family, great, formal dining, breakfast, etc.

My mother spent seventeen years living with a remodel, and without a kitchen for almost fourteen. They did their dishes in the bathroom sink for lack of water in the kitchen. Two years ago the new one was finally fininshed. Dad only had the new master suite to complete the project when he was taken from us.

She could never decorate. His stuff was everywhere and she did not pry. Four seven months she has been 'digging the unit' (as stated on the storage locker shows ) uncovering the bits of his past from before they met. And the junk! You have no idea.

So when we decided that we were all going to live together I thought it only proper that she live in a home she deserved. He worked hard for what he had and intended for her to be comfortable.

And she worked hard, too. He would never eat leftovers so it was new menu from scratch every night. They went out to dinner once a week. He loved fruit pies, she made two a week and brownies were always on hand for him, made from scratch with baking chocolate, not cocoa. She used her own money to furnish him in style as he went from wallflower to main man, joining various business groups, becoming a watchdog of local politics, and even running for office. Twice.

They were frugal. But, by being so, they were able to enjoy things like a private box at the opera and the yearly pilgrimage to Chanel on her birthday, where he would try not to faint as she chose a bag.

They would have enjoyed more but his youngest son was an addict and was always requiring bailouts. The fortune he spent on lawyers when he killed a young man while driving drunk in itself was enourmous, and it was at a time when he was newly divorced and strapped by child support and the like. He lived in a one room flat so his responsibilities to his three children were met.

And for the rest of his life they treated him like crap, poisoned by his ex wife telling them that he didn't contribute.

They were like Morticia and Gomez, so in love, they even ran off to Vegas in 2006 and had a Goth wedding.

Last edited by CCGirl; 04-13-2013 at 12:37 PM..
Old 04-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

her pc screensaver, both at home and her machine here, are this shot of the Winnipeg National Ballet's Dracula.........

Old 04-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
I think that is fantastic! I intend on doing that for the rest of my life - not as strict as Stillman's but things like potatoes and bread and such are going to be rarities in my WOE

Yeah thats kind of how I have been eating I had potato one day but other than that its been all meat and veggies.... so I am doing more of the consolidation phase of dukan if thats where I would be Stills doesn't have much of a maintenance plan aside from counting cals so I am going to dukan for that... I have a hard time eating a strict diet when I am stressed and until exams are done I will eat maintenance style and then go back to being strict other wise I fear I will eat anything I can get my hands on!

Last edited by Mar922; 04-13-2013 at 01:15 PM..
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
all are four bed with bonus family, great, formal dining, breakfast, etc.

My mother spent seventeen years living with a remodel, and without a kitchen for almost fourteen. They did their dishes in the bathroom sink for lack of water in the kitchen. Two years ago the new one was finally fininshed. Dad only had the new master suite to complete the project when he was taken from us.

She could never decorate. His stuff was everywhere and she did not pry. Four seven months she has been 'digging the unit' (as stated on the storage locker shows ) uncovering the bits of his past from before they met. And the junk! You have no idea.

So when we decided that we were all going to live together I thought it only proper that she live in a home she deserved. He worked hard for what he had and intended for her to be comfortable.

And she worked hard, too. He would never eat leftovers so it was new menu from scratch every night. They went out to dinner once a week. He loved fruit pies, she made two a week and brownies were always on hand for him, made from scratch with baking chocolate, not cocoa. She used her own money to furnish him in style as he went from wallflower to main man, joining various business groups, becoming a watchdog of local politics, and even running for office. Twice.

They were frugal. But, by being so, they were able to enjoy things like a private box at the opera and the yearly pilgrimage to Chanel on her birthday, where he would try not to faint as she chose a bag.

They would have enjoyed more but his youngest son was an addict and was always requiring bailouts. The fortune he spent on lawyers when he killed a young man while driving drunk in itself was enourmous, and it was at a time when he was newly divorced and strapped by child support and the like. He lived in a one room flat so his responsibilities to his three children were met.

And for the rest of his life they treated him like crap, poisoned by his ex wife telling them that he didn't contribute.

They were like Morticia and Gomez, so in love, they even ran off to Vegas in 2006 and had a Goth wedding.
The house sounds as divine inside as out! I did not know you were moving in with your mum, that is such a nice thing to do. I'm sure she will be very happy whichever house you move too. Wow, sounds like they really had some challenging times with his youngest son. Must have been difficult.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mar, do keep on posting as we are all wondering what goal will be like!

MMS, it was really a no brainer for us all to move together. It was my Dad's secret wish to get me out of the boonies and he knew I would be the one to take care of them properly as they aged, so much so that he designated me, step daughter, mind you, as health power of attorney years ago.

Mum vacations here in the world's humblest cottage twice a year for two weeks each trip since forever. We get along and love having her. The gardening matron. Happy with the simple life in the country, with occasional jaunts to the RL outlets and Coach.

When Dad passed I was on the phone with her every evening for an hour. We still are. I was ready to fly down the instant he passed but she held me off because she was a basket case, which I didn't know at the time because of her brave front. It was ony later she let on that she was so disturbed at the time she couldn't handle my being there.

Then the hijacking of her phone by the addicted son, him coming to the house threatening to evict her, falsely forwarding her mail and opening credit cards in his dead father's name (identity theft and elder abuse) finally got her off of her duff and, done with being defensive, she began to get angry. He came after checking accounts, forging his father's name.

He will be arrested soon on the first check fraud charge as the ever slow legal system finally begins to do its job, and soon other charges will follow for the fraudulent credit cards.

His mother, who has manipulated and poisoned them for years on their father being the bad guy, will finally get what she deserves as the son has had her mortgage her home to pay off the new truck which he bought fraudulently using his father's credit report.

The farm that Dad financed which he never intended to work is in foreclosure. Their house will be next. If his wife has any brains she will be making bailout plans.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
I am still doing good. Almost done with day 5. Today is the first day that I have felt great. No headache!

Turandot It was mostly water weight. I am always shocked how much I gain and loose the first couple of days. I am a human sponge! Congrats on the awesome audition.

Aliquot Welcome back! I can not wait to get to wonderland. For now I will settle for getting on the the 220s (again!!).

Mar! Good to see you and know that you are doing good.

CC Those house are gorgeous!
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

{{{{{{{{Bratty}}}}}}}

LOL human sponge, aren't we all!!!!!!!!

Well, Mom said 'find us a house.' I think I did well.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

CCG PERFECT HOUSES! They make me want to move! You are such a GREAT daughter. WOW! I hope they lock up that son for a LOOONG time and a HUGE GUY named BUBBA makes him his boyfriend in JAIL!

Today I had salad twice today. I woke up CRAVING salad so I had it. Today I had higher calories and tomorrow will be 500. We played Tennis today for 30 min and my husband beat me! YUCK!
Old 04-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Today I had salad twice today. I woke up CRAVING salad so I had it. Today I had higher calories and tomorrow will be 500. We played Tennis today for 30 min and my husband beat me! YUCK!
Are your low cal days 500? I typically hit about 500-600 a day and sometimes wonder if it is too low. I do have higher calorie days when I am struggling. I add cheese! Oh how I cheese.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O Bratty, cheese is divine, addict! Yup!

Turan, listen to yourself when you crave green things, they do no harm! And you feel great! Unfortunately, in these 35F days I only want hot food!

Yes, we are looking forward ot 'Junior' reaping what he has sewn........He won't do any hard jail time but the bail and lawyers will further push him down the spiral of misery.

In 1984 he attacked my Dad with a chainsaw, they had to do neurosurgery to reconnect all of the ligaments and tendons..........horrific.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Yeah thats kind of how I have been eating I had potato one day but other than that its been all meat and veggies.... so I am doing more of the consolidation phase of dukan if thats where I would be Stills doesn't have much of a maintenance plan aside from counting cals so I am going to dukan for that... I have a hard time eating a strict diet when I am stressed and until exams are done I will eat maintenance style and then go back to being strict other wise I fear I will eat anything I can get my hands on!
That is my plan and I have to get back to it. If I feel like cheating on Stills again (after today that is) I will buy some vegies. No more junk, no more sugar, limited starch.

This is as easy as we think it is or as difficult.
bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #262
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Riri
Stats: 154/138/130
WOE: Stillman's
oh wow! CCG, these houses look amazing!! I wish you all the best! you and your mom deserve it after all the hard time you went through.
Great job to all of you I'm still here, but I'm just being quiet A.K.A. lurking. Some good info are mentioned on this thread! specially the one about exercise and water weight!! Keep up the good work!

Here we go again, TOM will be here soon, and so, the water retention and the cravings had started. I'm cheating almost everyday ( I try to make it small as much as i can) and my weight is stuck at 138... I guess it will continue like that for 2 weeks. My hormones are messed up pretty bad I guess, cause TOM never arrives in time even before I started dieting

It seems like the number "137" is cursed!! because whenever i see that number on the scale something happens or an event occurs and I binge like mad! then start all over again at 139-140...

Oh well... I wish I can reach 130 by the end of the month, or else I will call it a quit! (or at least have some time off) and just exercise and eat healthy.... or at least try.
Riri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Are your low cal days 500? I typically hit about 500-600 a day and sometimes wonder if it is too low. I do have higher calorie days when I am struggling. I add cheese! Oh how I cheese.
I am just trying the 500-600 call off and on day thing! I LOVE CHEESE SO MUCH!!!!

Quote:
O Bratty, cheese is divine, addict! Yup!

Turan, listen to yourself when you crave green things, they do no harm! And you feel great! Unfortunately, in these 35F days I only want hot food!

Yes, we are looking forward ot 'Junior' reaping what he has sewn........He won't do any hard jail time but the bail and lawyers will further push him down the spiral of misery.

In 1984 he attacked my Dad with a chainsaw, they had to do neurosurgery to reconnect all of the ligaments and tendons..........horrific.
HOLY SH*T he should STILL be in PRISON!!!!!! I am SO SO SORRY to even read that! A chain saw? MY GOD! What torture!!! I hope he gets what he deserves finally!!!! I will have salad on my up days but I have to be VERY careful what I put on it dressing wise. BUT it felt so great to eat it. I plan to do it more!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
That is my plan and I have to get back to it. If I feel like cheating on Stills again (after today that is) I will buy some vegies. No more junk, no more sugar, limited starch.

This is as easy as we think it is or as difficult.
SENDING YOU SUPPORT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riri View Post
oh wow! CCG, these houses look amazing!! I wish you all the best! you and your mom deserve it after all the hard time you went through.
Great job to all of you I'm still here, but I'm just being quiet A.K.A. lurking. Some good info are mentioned on this thread! specially the one about exercise and water weight!! Keep up the good work!

Here we go again, TOM will be here soon, and so, the water retention and the cravings had started. I'm cheating almost everyday ( I try to make it small as much as i can) and my weight is stuck at 138... I guess it will continue like that for 2 weeks. My hormones are messed up pretty bad I guess, cause TOM never arrives in time even before I started dieting

It seems like the number "137" is cursed!! because whenever i see that number on the scale something happens or an event occurs and I binge like mad! then start all over again at 139-140...

Oh well... I wish I can reach 130 by the end of the month, or else I will call it a quit! (or at least have some time off) and just exercise and eat healthy.... or at least try.
COME ON! Be good to yourself!!!! You are BASICALLY AT YOUR GOAL!!! Don't torture yourself! You've done so so well. Be gentle with yourself! My TOM is bad bad bad. I am so avoiding the scale. If I see any "SAME" numbers or GOD FORBID HIGHER numbers I want to eat a HUGE BOWL OF pasta!! I am trying to wait until my clothes are HUGE before I get on the scale!!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riri View Post

I do he same thing except my number is 140... used to be 143 though so it has gone down a bit!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
When I was a small child, my mother used to find little teeth marks in the plastic covering the cheese. I still love it! Nectar of the Gods!

Turan, thank you. I just don't stick with things which is my main problem. If I did I would be much further in life!

I bought a box of Girl Guide cookies today - the first in years. The ones they were selling were the old style - vanilla and chocolate cream in wafers. When I was a kid, my parents would buy a case every year then stick them in the freezer and tell us kids to stay out of them. Yet when we went to have one for a treat they were all gone. Mom would do laundry and grab a cookie! So I emailed her and told her that I was sticking this box in the freezer and won't be eating them. She emailed me back telling me the cookies weren't safe in the freezer.

I have also made a couple of signs that say: Stick with my plans - accomplish my goals - one day, one hour at a time. Do whatever I need to in order to accomplish this. Then I posted notecards with my three main goals. To weigh between 120 and 125 by 9/30/13; To have my next book finished and to the beta readers by 06/30/13 and To have The Bond and Missing Flowers in Amazon's top 100 sellers in the eBook categories by 12/01/13. I am nothing if not determined.

I guess I have blabbed long enough! Talk to you later.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #266
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
COME ON! Be good to yourself!!!! You are BASICALLY AT YOUR GOAL!!! Don't torture yourself! You've done so so well. Be gentle with yourself! My TOM is bad bad bad. I am so avoiding the scale. If I see any "SAME" numbers or GOD FORBID HIGHER numbers I want to eat a HUGE BOWL OF pasta!! I am trying to wait until my clothes are HUGE before I get on the scale!!
You're right.. I will try to moderate instead starving myself then binge. Thanks, dear

YOU CAN DO IT!! even if it takes a while to lose dress sizes, the feeling of gaining more strength, energy, and endurance from exercise is the best reward ever!! lets forget about the evil scale for now and enjoy life

Why don't you take measurements? specially that you do some exercising (walking/running, and tennis) with the diet. I took my measurements 2 months ago but since I'm still out of town I don't know how many inches I've lost. Pretty exciting if you asked me! cause I do know for a fact that my clothes are getting loose!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #267
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I do he same thing except my number is 140... used to be 143 though so it has gone down a bit!
Its funny how we face a cursed number before every milestone! I remember even before starting Still's I couldn't go below 155 no matter what! (I originally started at 164 and did dukan/ low carb for a month or so) the next number was 148 then 142 and now its 137!
by this rate, 132 will be the last cursed number before reaching my goal.

and then I'll celebrate and overdo it for a week or so just to find myself back to 137 again! HAHAHA!!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

On my way to bed but wanted to brag a bit. It was movie night tonight and I did not touch the popcorn. It was hard. I came so close to eating a bag. So happy I was strong enough to say no. Tough when everyone else is munching it around you.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:35 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
On my way to bed but wanted to brag a bit. It was movie night tonight and I did not touch the popcorn. It was hard. I came so close to eating a bag. So happy I was strong enough to say no. Tough when everyone else is munching it around you.
Congrats. You did better than I do a lot of the time!
bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:07 AM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

CC, this guy sounds like a monster... Unbelievable! How could he do that and to his own father? Cuckoo comes to mind!