Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hello everyone, its been quite a while. So I gained all my weight back and have a beautiful new addition to our family. I had a beautiful baby boy. He is now two months ans its time for me to get back on track. I will be starting tomorrow. I have to get my shopping done. Wish me luck!!!!!
Oh how wonderful! Hugest congratulations Nermo.
paleopaleo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #212
Senior LCF Member

To those who are struggling at the moment, I am sending happy thoughts and lots of energy your way. Just take it one step at a time and always be kind to yourself.

I am having a really good day that started with a bald eagle appearing out of the blue on my way home from dropping off my son. Apparently this has great significance for spiritual growth and overcoming obstacles. Then I had an excellent visit with my naturopath - my latest labs are great. Her prescription was to keep doing what I'm doing since it seems to be working. Woohoo!

Tonight we are hosting an art show at my son's school and he has a beautiful eagle mask on display. I'm thinking the universe is trying to tell me something

Last edited by paleopaleo; 04-11-2013 at 04:33 PM..
Old 04-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #213
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
I've had a great day too! I got my chores finished and I've been on plan. I'm feeling good!

Paleo - I love seeing eagles! Since I've moved to this area I don't see them anymore. Enjoy the eagle spirit!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
wow paleo waaaaaaaay karmic on the eagle, I'm loving it!

Turan WTG OMG jogging you go girl!

happy to see us all hanging in and close to or on plan!

Mom is getting her estate in order so I have to look at DNR documents and that kind of stuff, depressing since Dad went, tomorrow will be seven months to the day.

And, no, we are not over it. I hate to be a drag but maybe someone can handle it better when the time comes for you.............am I even making sense at this point?

aaaaaaaaaah, life.........grab it by the horns, babies.............
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
wow paleo waaaaaaaay karmic on the eagle, I'm loving it!

Turan WTG OMG jogging you go girl!

happy to see us all hanging in and close to or on plan!

Mom is getting her estate in order so I have to look at DNR documents and that kind of stuff, depressing since Dad went, tomorrow will be seven months to the day.

And, no, we are not over it. I hate to be a drag but maybe someone can handle it better when the time comes for you.............am I even making sense at this point?

aaaaaaaaaah, life.........grab it by the horns, babies.............
SENDING YOU SO MUCH LOVE!!
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Paleo
Eagles are so POWERFUL! FANTASTIC!

MIM

Good for you!

TODAY!

I was VERY hungry today! 2 weeks before my TOM is when I start to get hungry. I stuck with plan but I had a bunch of Haricots verts! I made them for my family sauteed in BUTTER and garlic and sea salt. They smelled so so good and I had quite a few. They tasted like potato chips for some reason to me! YUMMY! I'm sure there was no big damage done. I will eat lower calorie and fat tomorrow. I like the idea of shaking it up!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
Are you doing the calories up then down to keep your body burning? I might want to do that too! It makes sense!!! I LOVE it when people comment on weight loss!! It makes you want to keep going!! YAY YOU!
TDot: Yes! I am alternating my calories the best that I can. I have been following JUDDD off and on for a couple of years and really believe in it. So, when I decided to go Stillman's, I figured it only made sense to do Up and Down days with it. I am trying to keep my low days as low as possible (5-600), and then get my up days as high as I can. On JUDDD, my up days were around 1900ish. I can't even get close to that now on Stillman's, but I still try to get them high. If you want to learn more about the JUDDD plan, check out the JUDDD forum here. Super-nice gals over there!!

Also, thanks for the suggestion on LC ketchup. I had already made a run to the store and got some today after work. I picked up 2 bottles because they only had 4 left on the shelf and the bottles are small. I'll check out Westbrae for next time. I don't have a Whole Foods anywhere nearby, but there is a Trader Joe's about 1/2 hour from here. Looking for ketchup will give me an excuse to head up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig2twig View Post
Hi Andrea-I haven't actually used any cottage cheese yet...can't remember even noticing it on the plan when I've done it before! I'm a bit scared to be honest. I'm not losing as fast as I usually do and I'm sure it's because usually I just do a week of hard core plain food when my husband is away but he's home at the mo and insisting on trying to jazz my food up a bit bless him and even though I'm 100% sticking to the plan it's not working so good He came up with something tonight which was really nice which you might like to copy. It was just strips of beef marinated in Tandoori spices and Worcestershire sauce (not sure if you have that in USA?) then baked in the oven. Yummy!
P2T: The sticky on QWL at the top of the page is where I got all my info about the plan. It lists lowfat cottage cheese as being ok. I am trying to limit my cheese intake to either one serving of cottage cheese or one serving of another lowfat cheese per day. No other dairy. Today my serving of cheese came from a slice of queso fresco that I melted atop my turkey burger for dinner.

Here's today's menu:

B: protein coffee
S: HB egg w/ a sprinkle of salt
L: rotiss chicken and mustard
S: turkey slices, 1/2 a NSA pickle spear, 1Tbls ranch
D: turkey burger, queso fresco, LC ketchup

Total cals today are at 715. Higher than I wanted, but on TOM days I don't sweat a few extra calories. Got to keep it super clean to get the best possible weigh-in on Monday for the halfway point of the Biggest Loser. There's money involved here! Getting lots and lots of fluids in me since starting Stillmans last week, and I think it is really helping the weight drop off.

Speaking of...I need to go make another iced tea for the evening.

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #218
Senior LCF Member

M22B

Can you tell me about your cal up cal down plan?

WE POSTED AT THE SAME TIME! HA!
Old 04-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
M22B

Here's a post to get you started: WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE AND SEE!!
Old 04-12-2013, 03:11 AM   #220
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Friday morning! Guess what? I lost 2.5 pounds this week. That is amazing for a couple of reasons - this past week included a lot of eating out, and this gives me great motivation! 2.5 is not a big loss at my weight, and it is a re-loss. And I have some more to re-lose! I hope to lose what I gained by May 1. This is a nice reminder that even with some off plan food or off plan meals, weight loss is still possible.

I didn't have to get up until 6:30 this morning but I woke up at 5:30. Sigh. And this is a long day as it is!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:59 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyPatty
Stats: 233.5---->125
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: July 1, 2014
Morning everyone! Doing pretty good this morning although I have a touch of indigestion.

Yesterday's Menu:
B-1 HB egg
black decaf coffee
S-1 stick of string cheese
L-4 oz. lean stew meat (panfried in a no-stick pan)
8 oz. of TH diet green tea
S-1 SF black cherry gel cup
D-3 oz. lean HB meat, panfried with the fat drained off and a little ketchup
8oz. glass of unsweet tea
1 oz. farmer cheese (panfriend)

^^^Can you tell it was "panfry" day for me?

Drank another cup of Smooth Move before bedtime but alas, no results.

Today's menu will include:

HB eggs
black decaf
SF gel cups
can tuna
part skim cheese (string, farmer's or ricotta)
I chew a piece of gum sometimes when I just need to chew (SF of course)
Water, water and did I mention water?

Hope y'all have a great day!
FattyPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #222
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Quote:
M22B

Google Johnson Up Day Down Day Diet. On that page you can input your height, weight, age, etc. and it will give you your calorie goals. I'm guessing you'll be around 2200-2400 on your up days, and 500 or less on your down days. That's about where I fall and we're close in weight. The concept is that you eat your up day calories and the next day eat your down day calories. It's a calorie roatation of UD, DD, UD, DD, etc. The cycle apparently is supposed to allow you to eat lower calories overall but keep your metabolism pumping since your body doesn't think it's sufferring since every other day it gets a lot of food.

I love that plan but it's not really possible to hit those numbers with stillmans. It's too restricting. I think that's why Andrea is just trying to get as close as possible. I barely hit 1000 on stillmans so I'm not even close to JUDDDing even if I tried.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Google Johnson Up Day Down Day Diet. On that page you can input your height, weight, age, etc. and it will give you your calorie goals. I'm guessing you'll be around 2200-2400 on your up days, and 500 or less on your down days. That's about where I fall and we're close in weight. The concept is that you eat your up day calories and the next day eat your down day calories. It's a calorie roatation of UD, DD, UD, DD, etc. The cycle apparently is supposed to allow you to eat lower calories overall but keep your metabolism pumping since your body doesn't think it's sufferring since every other day it gets a lot of food.

I love that plan but it's not really possible to hit those numbers with stillmans. It's too restricting. I think that's why Andrea is just trying to get as close as possible. I barely hit 1000 on stillmans so I'm not even close to JUDDDing even if I tried.
WOW! I LOVE THAT PLAN! I just spent a long time researching it and it looks like something I would do once I got to my goal weight as a way to Maintain my weight. BUT I will do this as much as I can with STILLMAN but like you said it's hard to get to those calories with this WOE! I am just trying to get to 220-230 and TRY to stay there for a while. Then get into the ONES as I call them. THANK YOU for your support!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #224
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
WOW! I LOVE THAT PLAN! I just spent a long time researching it and it looks like something I would do once I got to my goal weight as a way to Maintain my weight. BUT I will do this as much as I can with STILLMAN but like you said it's hard to get to those calories with this WOE! I am just trying to get to 220-230 and TRY to stay there for a while. Then get into the ONES as I call them. THANK YOU for your support!
The last time I broke my stillman's diet with JUDDD and it was perfect. I maintained the loss beautifully and then started to lose again. I did it with all low carb foods. But hitting 2000 calories with cheese, bacon, and cream is easy every other day once you want to switch from stillmans. I highly recommend it as a way to transition and maintain the losses we get here.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:

Thanks for this. I bookmarked it. I have 65 or 70 pounds before I get to my goal but this something to consider when I am there.

As for the exercise thing. Stretching is technically an exercise but that is all right to do daily - it is exercise like weights and martial arts and other cardio that will stall weight loss right?
bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
The last time I broke my stillman's diet with JUDDD and it was perfect. I maintained the loss beautifully and then started to lose again. I did it with all low carb foods. But hitting 2000 calories with cheese, bacon, and cream is easy every other day once you want to switch from stillmans. I highly recommend it as a way to transition and maintain the losses we get here.
You got to your goal with STILLMANS? What was your goal and how long did it take you? I hope you don't mind my asking. I only ask because we are close in weight and I am so INSPIRED by you! DID YOU EXERCISE? I can increase my fat and calories easily with Atkins for SURE! BUT should I ONLY do that when I get to my goal weight? SORRY for all of the questions.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #227
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You got to your goal with STILLMANS? What was your goal and how long did it take you? I hope you don't mind my asking. I only ask because we are close in weight and I am so INSPIRED by you! DID YOU EXERCISE? I can increase my fat and calories easily with Atkins for SURE! BUT should I ONLY do that when I get to my goal weight? SORRY for all of the questions.
Oh no, sorry, I never got to goal. Ever. I just transitioned off of stillmans last time after losing 20 pounds because I needed a break and switching to JUDDD made it easy to switch without gaining anything.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #228
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
Thanks for this. I bookmarked it. I have 65 or 70 pounds before I get to my goal but this something to consider when I am there.

As for the exercise thing. Stretching is technically an exercise but that is all right to do daily - it is exercise like weights and martial arts and other cardio that will stall weight loss right?
Strenous exercise will cause most of us to retain water, but that doesn't mean you are gaining weight or stalling your loss. I think exercise is good for all of us and we should all aim to do it. Most people show a weight loss stall (scale loss) for only a week or two at most and then they see a loss again. The WHOLE time you are losing fat. And that's the most important part, right?
Old 04-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
I went on vacation for 9 days and gained 9 pounds! I had it all planned out. Even shopped to eat low carb all week. Then my mother in law showed up with all kids of goodies. I have no willpower.

I have been back on plan for 4 days and have 6 pounds gone already.

I kinda skimmed this months thread and don't have time to do a bunch of personals. Tomorrow!

Nermo, congrats mama!

CC {{{{{{HUGS}}}}
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
SENDING YOU SO MUCH LOVE!!
awww, thanks Turan, you are so sweet. Mom is already looking forward to seeing you perform.

Did you get the Italy gig?

Quote:
Paleo
Eagles are so POWERFUL! FANTASTIC!

MIM

Good for you!

TODAY!

I was VERY hungry today! 2 weeks before my TOM is when I start to get hungry. I stuck with plan but I had a bunch of Haricots verts! I made them for my family sauteed in BUTTER and garlic and sea salt. They smelled so so good and I had quite a few. They tasted like potato chips for some reason to me! YUMMY! I'm sure there was no big damage done. I will eat lower calorie and fat tomorrow. I like the idea of shaking it up!
mmmmm haricots werts..........mmmmm......great cheat Turan!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Friday morning! Guess what? I lost 2.5 pounds this week. That is amazing for a couple of reasons - this past week included a lot of eating out, and this gives me great motivation! 2.5 is not a big loss at my weight, and it is a re-loss. And I have some more to re-lose! I hope to lose what I gained by May 1. This is a nice reminder that even with some off plan food or off plan meals, weight loss is still possible.

I didn't have to get up until 6:30 this morning but I woke up at 5:30. Sigh. And this is a long day as it is!
Mim, still a great loss! Getting a handle on real life and diet and such, good going!!!!!

and here we sit, trapped in our ice storm, made it back from the chiro safely. The trees are heavy with ice.

Watching the Masters from Augusta, where it's sunny and breezy, just like our future home in High Springs. It can't happen soon enough.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Strenous exercise will cause most of us to retain water, but that doesn't mean you are gaining weight or stalling your loss. I think exercise is good for all of us and we should all aim to do it. Most people show a weight loss stall (scale loss) for only a week or two at most and then they see a loss again. The WHOLE time you are losing fat. And that's the most important part, right?
This is so true in my experience. My scale hasn't shown as much movement this week since I started working out again, but this morning my formerly snug "fat" jeans were suddenly so loose I had to go get a rarely worn belt from my closet to hold them up! I'm right at 160 lbs and before our vacation when I was at the same weight these particular jeans were an exact fit.

I'm coming to the realization that I'd probably be perfectly happy if I was simply lean and fit, even if I end up at a higher weight than I'm currently aiming for. My modified "Stills plus greens" plan seems to be working for me so far and after some initial fatigue, I'm starting to feel better than I have in ages.

I'm really, really hoping I've finally hit on a formula I can stick with for the rest of my life, since I'm not worrying about calories or feeling deprived in any way. That said, perhaps once I reach the maintenance phase it might make sense so experiment with cycling calories so I can keep my new weight forever instead of gaining it all back as I have done in the past. We shall see.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I do know about that - I was weight lifting for a while. I aim to do Tai Chi stretching daily and practice kicks etc. I like to also get on the stationary bike, put on the headphones and some rocking music and pedal my heart out. I daydream, plan novels workout problems that way.

We do have to remember that the number on the scale isn't everything!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I went on vacation for 9 days and gained 9 pounds! I had it all planned out. Even shopped to eat low carb all week. Then my mother in law showed up with all kids of goodies. I have no willpower.

I have been back on plan for 4 days and have 6 pounds gone already.

I kinda skimmed this months thread and don't have time to do a bunch of personals. Tomorrow!

Nermo, congrats mama!

CC {{{{{{HUGS}}}}
I THINK 9 lbs on a vacation is GREAT! If it were me it would have been 18!!!
I'm sure it was water weight!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #234
Senior LCF Member

CCG

ANYTIME You and your mom can come where I am singing PLEASE let me know! I will make SURE You have tickets and backstage passes.
The audition was amazing THANK YOU for remembering!!!!!!! I will have some AMAZING NEWS SOON!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh no, sorry, I never got to goal. Ever. I just transitioned off of stillmans last time after losing 20 pounds because I needed a break and switching to JUDDD made it easy to switch without gaining anything.
I am thinking of increasing my calories like JUDD but still within STILLMAN QWL plan. It's hard. I JUST NEED TO GET to my goal weight. How long did the 20 lbs take you? Did you lose a lot doing low carb JUDD? SORRY FOR THE QUESTIONS!
Old 04-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
CCG

ANYTIME You and your mom can come where I am singing PLEASE let me know! I will make SURE You have tickets and backstage passes.
The audition was amazing THANK YOU for remembering!!!!!!! I will have some AMAZING NEWS SOON!
I am looking forward to your amazing news!

Today I went to get the 5 kg of turkey burgers and 4 kg of chicken breasts. I took a bus part of the way and then walked the six or so blocks to the store. By the time I got there my hands were frozen so much they hurt. (Cold and raining) I wandered around the store before leaving. I stopped at the liquor store and bought a small bottle of cinnamon whiskey so I could make a hot toddy when I got home.

I was going to walk but there was no way I could do it. Took the bus most of the way home - walked the last mile and a half. My fingers are still frozen but at least not as painful as they were.

Life goes on, I will dig out my gloves next time even if they do get soaked!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #237
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aliquot
Stats: 220/205/140
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 3/4/13
Hello everyone, I haven't posted in while. I'm glad to see that people from over in the March thread have lost weight and are doing well! And greetings to the people I haven't met before!

Since last time I posted, I made it to Onederland, I'm wavering around 197 lbs and pretty much in the process of restarting Stillman's right now because a little while ago, I was cheating pretty often for a period of 10 days and I was almost certain I was out of ketosis. It's kind of bittersweet because I know if I didn't cheat on that first day that triggered my 10 day rogue-eating frenzy, I would have kept on track--and would have probably lost a bunch more by now! But at the same time, maybe cheating once in a while is healthy...at least for your mind, if anything. Gonna stay on track hardcore till the end of the month before I go traveling. Was thinking about throwing exercise into the mix to see if that hastens some weight loss!
Aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

TDot: Can't wait to hear your big news! Exciting! Amber's right...I am just trying to push my Up Day calories as high as I can because I know I can't get to 1900 on QWL. Today, in fact, I'm just at 1000, and I'm trying to eat up. I can get higher when I plan ahead better, but I really need to eat pretty steadily throughout the day. That's hard to do when I'm at work all day...hard to teach math with a piece of chicken hanging out of your mouth, lol!

FP: Hope you're feeling better. And, honestly, after all of these stories about Explosive Move tea, I cannot even fathom drinking it, yet here you are doing it! I still say that's brave. I would be locking myself in the house for 2 days for fear of being too far from the loo.

On to today's menu:

B: egg cream cappuccino
S: turkey kielbasa, deli turkey w/ 1T ranch
L: 2oz rotiss chicken, 3/4 cup cottage cheese w/ cinn/splenda
D: egg cream capp, 2 scrambled eggs w/turkey sausage, HB egg, SF ketchup
S: SF jello cup

Lots of iced tea today, too. I am determined to stick to just one serving of cheese each day until at least Monday (the first big weigh-in).

Funny story about this Biggest Loser thing at work...I was at a meeting this afternoon and someone passed around a big bag of Ghirardelli chocolates. The bag comes to me and I just pass it on to the next person, no problem. The gal 2 seats down from me was all, "well, if the BL front-runner isn't taking a chocolate, then I better not either." Obviously, she's in BL, too. I had to chuckle. People following how I am eating is new for me, lol!

Last edited by Mommie22boys; 04-12-2013 at 07:35 PM..
Old 04-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Hey guys!

I am still here still eating low carb and feeling great!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Hey guys!

I am still here still eating low carb and feeling great!
I think that is fantastic! I intend on doing that for the rest of my life - not as strict as Stillman's but things like potatoes and bread and such are going to be rarities in my WOE