Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 04:22 AM   #181
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Wednesday morning! I know I keep saying it - but today will be strict stillmans. Really! The parishioner I had over yesterday was impressed that our meal was delicious and low carb - but it was too much fat and carb for me to lose weight on. It is good to know though that I can make a meal like that - a meal fit for company! I need to get back to losing though. I lost the 40 and haven't lost any more in a long time. No more fooling around for me!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #182
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pig2twig
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 25.4.12
Hi everyone-thanks for the support :-) Day 3 for me now. 3lbs down and my cravings have gone...yippee!
Pig2twig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #183
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Good morning everyone!!

WTG Pig!!! That's a great start!!!

Great menu FattyPatty!!

Good luck today, Mim! I know you got it today!

Mar - I also have something big coming up in May. I plan on transitioning towards regular LC the week prior so I can have veggies on vacation. I don't want to blow a month's hard work.

Today's day 3 and I'm feeling much, much better today!!
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Not a nice morning. Woke up and I am .2 pounds up and I am weepy - TOM is taking its own sweet time getting here and I am drinking diet tea to get things moving.

And it is cold and rainy!

So everyone have a great day. I am going to try to get myself motivated today.
bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Hi guys! Just wanted to check in and say you guys Rock! Woo.. Hoo. .

As you might have suspected, I defected. . been strong counting calories and going to the gym at least 4 days a week sometimes more. Nothing has moved and nothing has changed! In fact, last week I gained AGAIN!!!! so. .I finally made an appointment to see a new Doctor who just happens to be female. Sure enough. . My thyroid meds were out of wack (Mind you.. I haven't lost anything. . (gained!). .since I started taking them over a year ago.. ) My original Doc said my numbers were within normal range, but new doc said even though they are, you have thyroid disease so we want to treat it a little more aggressively. She's ordered a battery of tests and promised we'd get to the bottom of it. I feel so relieved. . almost like someone believed me. Granted, I've had my slip ups. . lately more than others. . but there is no reason I shouldn't be dropping something when I go from a sedentary life to working out and eating better. No.. I'm not building muscle either. . I'm just fat!!!

I'll report later. . I've missed you guys but I have to get my head on straight and just dont' think I can do chicken and fish again. . I've been eating well. .mostly natural stuff and try to increase my fiber. . I say poo poo to carbs .. and I definately try to skip them at dinner. . lots of salads (no dressing) with meat. .

Good Luck to all you losers. . You are doing great! Summer is right around the corner and you'll be hot, hot , hot!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #186
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

IM! Stay with us - we don't care what plan you are doing! How are the plans for Disney coming along? I'm glad the Doc is treating your thyroid issue.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hello everyone, its been quite a while. So I gained all my weight back and have a beautiful new addition to our family. I had a beautiful baby boy. He is now two months ans its time for me to get back on track. I will be starting tomorrow. I have to get my shopping done. Wish me luck!!!!!
nermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #188
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Awwwwwww Nermo! Congratulations! I bet his big brother and sister are thrilled too! And welcome back! You have been missed!
Old 04-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
Not a nice morning. Woke up and I am .2 pounds up and I am weepy - TOM is taking its own sweet time getting here and I am drinking diet tea to get things moving.

And it is cold and rainy!

So everyone have a great day. I am going to try to get myself motivated today.
SENDING YOU MANY MANY HUGS!! Maybe you should stay away from the scale for a while?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Hi guys! Just wanted to check in and say you guys Rock! Woo.. Hoo. .

As you might have suspected, I defected. . been strong counting calories and going to the gym at least 4 days a week sometimes more. Nothing has moved and nothing has changed! In fact, last week I gained AGAIN!!!! so. .I finally made an appointment to see a new Doctor who just happens to be female. Sure enough. . My thyroid meds were out of wack (Mind you.. I haven't lost anything. . (gained!). .since I started taking them over a year ago.. ) My original Doc said my numbers were within normal range, but new doc said even though they are, you have thyroid disease so we want to treat it a little more aggressively. She's ordered a battery of tests and promised we'd get to the bottom of it. I feel so relieved. . almost like someone believed me. Granted, I've had my slip ups. . lately more than others. . but there is no reason I shouldn't be dropping something when I go from a sedentary life to working out and eating better. No.. I'm not building muscle either. . I'm just fat!!!

I'll report later. . I've missed you guys but I have to get my head on straight and just dont' think I can do chicken and fish again. . I've been eating well. .mostly natural stuff and try to increase my fiber. . I say poo poo to carbs .. and I definately try to skip them at dinner. . lots of salads (no dressing) with meat. .

Good Luck to all you losers. . You are doing great! Summer is right around the corner and you'll be hot, hot , hot!!!
YOU will always have support NO MATTER WHAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hello everyone, its been quite a while. So I gained all my weight back and have a beautiful new addition to our family. I had a beautiful baby boy. He is now two months ans its time for me to get back on track. I will be starting tomorrow. I have to get my shopping done. Wish me luck!!!!!
SO THRILLED FOR YOUR NEW ADDITION!! YAY! Welcome back
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
SENDING YOU MANY MANY HUGS!! Maybe you should stay away from the scale for a while?

Its an idea but every time I do that, my weight really jumps up. The weight thing isn't all that is up today. Thank you for the hugs, I needed them.

Welcome IM and Nermo.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
{{{{{{{{{{{IM}}}}}}}}}

DH's sister died at 41 with MS from a heart attack, my heart goes out to you guys dealing with it.............

every day is a good day....you are upright and breathing.....I'll take it

OMG Nerm a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by CCGirl; 04-10-2013 at 06:03 PM..
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Nermo: Congrats and welcome! Good luck on your first day tomorrow!!

IM2: Good luck with getting everything figured out with the new doc. You sound very relieved!

Menu today was:

B: protein coffee
L: McD's grilled chicken (no bun or mayo), some ranch
S: rotiss chicken leg/thigh (no skin)
D: Cheeseburger patty, 1 slice tomato, side of ranch, 2 bites of a chicken wing, about 6 kettle chips
S: protein cottage cheese w/ cinn/splenda (that I made waaaaay too sweet)

Calories today are at 1268. Tomorrow I'll bring my calories back down again. Back and forth. Back and forth. Lather, rinse, repeat.

So TOM has made his appearance. To my surprise, though, he didn't bring any extra baggage on the scale. In fact, my weight was down a little more this morning. Craziness, I tell you!

Someone at work yesterday (she doesn't know I'm in the Biggest Loser contest), asked me if I was losing weight! She said she could tell in my face that it was looking thinner. Yay! I just love it when people start to notice who don't know that you're trying to lose weight. It's such a morale boost!. LOVE that!!

I wish I could come in and post more often, but being back to work makes for busy days. I find I don't have time to post until the evening. But I do check in throughout the day on my phone just to see what's up in here. I love this little group.

Ok. I need to plan tomorrow's menu. Cheers!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Thanks for all the welcoming. That's why I love this board.

IM so good to see you back too.

CC glad to see you still going strong.

Going to go marinate my chicken in mustard. Yummmyyy
nermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

UGH!

I had an UNBELIEVABLY stressful day today. I did not cheat at all. I really wanted to but I DIDN'T!!! I am discovering the LESS I weigh myself the MORE I stay on plan. When I weigh like crazy if the number is up I go NUTS and cheat. I am going to just stay on plan and avoid the scale like crazy.

I made chicken "meatballs" today to keep in the fridge to help me always have something on hand so I don't cheat. I feel so much lighter and I have been walking on the treadmill and JOGGING!!! I can run for 5 min now and I run then walk and run again. I was NEVER able to RUN at 395. It makes me feel so good. I am going to stay in plan until May and maybe not weigh until then just to see where I am. It's KILLING ME not to jump on the scale. Stalls depress me so I might just stay on plan and avoid the scale.

END of DAY 4!! YAY!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:11 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Nermo: Congrats and welcome! Good luck on your first day tomorrow!!

IM2: Good luck with getting everything figured out with the new doc. You sound very relieved!

Menu today was:

B: protein coffee
L: McD's grilled chicken (no bun or mayo), some ranch
S: rotiss chicken leg/thigh (no skin)
D: Cheeseburger patty, 1 slice tomato, side of ranch, 2 bites of a chicken wing, about 6 kettle chips
S: protein cottage cheese w/ cinn/splenda (that I made waaaaay too sweet)

Calories today are at 1268. Tomorrow I'll bring my calories back down again. Back and forth. Back and forth. Lather, rinse, repeat.

So TOM has made his appearance. To my surprise, though, he didn't bring any extra baggage on the scale. In fact, my weight was down a little more this morning. Craziness, I tell you!

Someone at work yesterday (she doesn't know I'm in the Biggest Loser contest), asked me if I was losing weight! She said she could tell in my face that it was looking thinner. Yay! I just love it when people start to notice who don't know that you're trying to lose weight. It's such a morale boost!. LOVE that!!

I wish I could come in and post more often, but being back to work makes for busy days. I find I don't have time to post until the evening. But I do check in throughout the day on my phone just to see what's up in here. I love this little group.

Ok. I need to plan tomorrow's menu. Cheers!
Are you doing the calories up then down to keep your body burning? I might want to do that too! It makes sense!!! I LOVE it when people comment on weight loss!! It makes you want to keep going!! YAY YOU!

Last edited by Turandot; 04-10-2013 at 08:12 PM..
Old 04-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
UGH!

I had an UNBELIEVABLY stressful day today. I did not cheat at all. I really wanted to but I DIDN'T!!! I am discovering the LESS I weigh myself the MORE I stay on plan. When I weigh like crazy if the number is up I go NUTS and cheat. I am going to just stay on plan and avoid the scale like crazy.

END of DAY 4!! YAY!
congrats for staying on plan. I didn't cheat today - ate all protein though a bit more than usual. Though Friday I have a four + mile walk to pick up my chicken breasts and I am going to relax a bit before eating only what is on the plan for three as of Saturday. I will eliminate the chia seeds in the morning and the low carb brownies and such.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:22 AM   #197
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Thursday morning! I had an almost perfect day! My food had too much fat, but it was all low carb. Hopefully I can get in the grove and stay there - no unexpected meals out! My grandgirls will be with me for a week starting saturday but they eat what I eat. I do get them some treats but I don't get into their stuff!

Jogging! Wow Turandot - you are doing great! I used to exercise and fell out of the routine and now I can't seem to get back to it! But I will.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:26 AM   #198
Junior LCF Member

Can I ask what you are all having as a typical menu? I am getting really stuck for ideas. I've looked at the recipe thread but most of them have ingredients that aren't allowed on Stillman's. I know some of you are not being super strict but I am... as I'm desperate!!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:34 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
congrats for staying on plan. I didn't cheat today - ate all protein though a bit more than usual. Though Friday I have a four + mile walk to pick up my chicken breasts and I am going to relax a bit before eating only what is on the plan for three as of Saturday. I will eliminate the chia seeds in the morning and the low carb brownies and such.
I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!! I KNOW IT!!!!!! I was pretty CLOSE to cheating. I think that I just need to avoid the scale. I KNOW I'm losing because my clothes are bigger but any scale disappointment makes me go off the deep end. I am sending you so much LOVE AND SUPPORT! We are all in this battle together.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:02 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Mini-Goal #1-213 lbs.
WOE: Low Carb/Exercise/Whatever else will work for me
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!! I KNOW IT!!!!!! I was pretty CLOSE to cheating. I think that I just need to avoid the scale. I KNOW I'm losing because my clothes are bigger but any scale disappointment makes me go off the deep end. I am sending you so much LOVE AND SUPPORT! We are all in this battle together.
Coming out of "lurkdum" again. You are getting in alot of exercise your body may be just holding on to some water when you notice the scale is up. No worries after a day or two of relaxation the scale will go down but I am sure you know this. Hang in there you are doing great! Woot, woot on the baggy clothes.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:29 AM   #201
Blabbermouth!!!

Magie - Stop lurking and post more lady!! You are always so helpful.

Turandot - If not weighing is helping, then go for it. I tend to gain when I stop weighing, but I know it's the opposite for some people. Good job on the exercise.

Pig2twig - Legal stillmans is boring. I can't lie. My only ideas that you may already be eating are cottage cheese with davinci in it, lean hamburger patties dipped in mustard, egg drop soup (broth with an egg drizzled into the boiling broth); chicken cooked with spicy seasoning or hot sauce.

Good work Mim and BCGrown!

Congratulations Nermo! I have a 3 year old boy and it's been a lot of fun.

Today is day 4. I feel solidly in the groove now. We are planning a low key weekend so I won't have to worry about temptations. Today's menu is eggs, cottage cheese, chicken, and lots of diet soda and water.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:02 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Coming out of "lurkdum" again. You are getting in alot of exercise your body may be just holding on to some water when you notice the scale is up. No worries after a day or two of relaxation the scale will go down but I am sure you know this. Hang in there you are doing great! Woot, woot on the baggy clothes.
I did NOT know that at all!! Do people usually exercise on QWL? My lower half is VERY VERY heavy! I need HELP with it. I want to stay away from the scale for a month so I can just focus on stayin on plan and not getting upset by the NUMBERS.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #203
Blabbermouth!!!

Exercise in general makes people retain water in their sore bodies. So whenever I exercise, I gain. Usually for a solid 2 weeks and then my body will slowly release. I'm sure you are still losing fat, but the scale can be tricky when you start a new exercise program.

I don't usually exercise at first on QWL. My energy levels initially decrease and I can't exercise until I get my energy back. I'm inspired to try this weekend though because of you!!
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Exercise in general makes people retain water in their sore bodies. So whenever I exercise, I gain. Usually for a solid 2 weeks and then my body will slowly release. I'm sure you are still losing fat, but the scale can be tricky when you start a new exercise program.

I don't usually exercise at first on QWL. My energy levels initially decrease and I can't exercise until I get my energy back. I'm inspired to try this weekend though because of you!!
WOW! I had NO IDEA!! THANK YOU for this. Maybe I wil just walk.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You may not be losing pounds but inches as your body adjusts to the change. I lost 1.4 pounds since yesterday.

And what Magie said makes sense - I have heard it before. Perhaps that is why the experts say three to four days a week of exercise for weight loss?

Old 04-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

April 2012 I went on Stillman's and lost 12 pounds that month. I was cheating on the weekends. Then my TOM stopped and I got scared so I went off the diet. This time I am not going to worry about it.

I have been eating high protein for the last four days and have lost two pounds. I have been eating off the Stillman's QWL plan though. Saturday I will refine even more and see if I can have an amazing drop by the 22nd weigh in! Also, going to schedule four days a week of exercise not six and see if that is better as well.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Mini-Goal #1-213 lbs.
WOE: Low Carb/Exercise/Whatever else will work for me
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
I did NOT know that at all!! Do people usually exercise on QWL? My lower half is VERY VERY heavy! I need HELP with it. I want to stay away from the scale for a month so I can just focus on stayin on plan and not getting upset by the NUMBERS.
Haven't tried QWL yet but on the hHcg Protocol you are eating so few calories that sometimes it is hard for those to exercise. I just walk at the moment daily 1.5 miles in the morning with the hubby. I exercise more for my health than weightloss and I feel so much better when I do. Don't let the number upset you, you are doing good things for your body and it will reward you on the scale eventually.

Last edited by MagieDen; 04-11-2013 at 12:33 PM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
P2T: I like to add some cinnamon and sweetener to my cottage cheese. Also, you can make a little quiche if you blend up your cottage cheese with and egg or maybe a couple of white and add some cooked meat (chicken) and spices you like. Pop it in the oven and wag-lah: quiche! I am going to play around with the dressing recipe listed on the first page of the Stillmans recipe thread...hoping to make something I can use to mix up some egg salad or tuna salad, or maybe something to use to mix into devilled eggs.

All boring, I know. When I am very bored, I have turned to turkey burgers with ketchup (I need to get some LC ketchup, though), just to mix it up a bit.
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #209
Junior LCF Member

Hi Andrea-I haven't actually used any cottage cheese yet...can't remember even noticing it on the plan when I've done it before! I'm a bit scared to be honest. I'm not losing as fast as I usually do and I'm sure it's because usually I just do a week of hard core plain food when my husband is away but he's home at the mo and insisting on trying to jazz my food up a bit bless him and even though I'm 100% sticking to the plan it's not working so good He came up with something tonight which was really nice which you might like to copy. It was just strips of beef marinated in Tandoori spices and Worcestershire sauce (not sure if you have that in USA?) then baked in the oven. Yummy!
Old 04-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
P2T: I like to add some cinnamon and sweetener to my cottage cheese. Also, you can make a little quiche if you blend up your cottage cheese with and egg or maybe a couple of white and add some cooked meat (chicken) and spices you like. Pop it in the oven and wag-lah: quiche! I am going to play around with the dressing recipe listed on the first page of the Stillmans recipe thread...hoping to make something I can use to mix up some egg salad or tuna salad, or maybe something to use to mix into devilled eggs.

All boring, I know. When I am very bored, I have turned to turkey burgers with ketchup (I need to get some LC ketchup, though), just to mix it up a bit.
Westbrae ketchup is THE BEST!!!!!!!! Google it.