Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
I am going to start Stillman’s tomorrow! I did it before so i know it can be done!
I know you can do it too!

bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 205/188.4/135 5'5.5"
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
DAY 2

I need to see some BIG scale numbers next Monday! I stayed exactly on plan today and played 45 min of tennis!

I have figured out the mass peeing issue. I had it again last night. After my anniversary and my Sat cheat, when I go back on plan (QWL) I seem to be peeing all night long. I know it's water weight but I WILL TAKE IT!

B 1 chicken breast
L 15 jumbo shrimp with Sugar free ketchup
snack 2 small pieces of tilapia
D 1 chicken breast
2.5 liters of water
Sugar free jello

On to day 3 tomorrow!
Just wanted to say that I think your menu for tomorrow looks great! You're going to do so well!! I need to get some SF ketchup...does Heinz still make the One Carb Ketchup? Is that what you guys use? Please don't tell me that you make your own...
Mommie22boys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:33 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Just wanted to say that I think your menu for tomorrow looks great! You're going to do so well!! I need to get some SF ketchup...does Heinz still make the One Carb Ketchup? Is that what you guys use? Please don't tell me that you make your own...
That was my menu yesterday! It was great and I plan to eat the same thing today

The Ketchup I use is Westbrae Natural Unsweetened. It's FANTASTIC! I use it for everything. It actually tastes amazing. I got it from whole foods.

You are doing so so well M22B! So proud of you.
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:43 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
I am going to start Stillman’s tomorrow! I did it before so i know it can be done!

YOU WILL DO IT!!
Old 04-09-2013, 05:01 AM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyPatty View Post
Maybe my post didn't show up this morning so I'll repost because I could sure use some WTGs from y'all

I weighed myself this morning after going the entire week without so much as one cheat...and I've lost 9 pounds!!!!

Would it be rude to pat myself on the back? lol
No, I would be all week long, go you!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Quick drop by. After 9pm here, nearly the end of day two. Its been a challenge but I made it through. On to day 3. Good luck everyone.
{{{{{MMS}}}} one day at a time......

Quote:
OMGoodness! I can't even keep up with all of these posts today. So busy in here! I love it!

FP: I just posted in the April Weigh-In thread, but wanted congratulate you in here too. Awesome way to rock week one!!

Ok. Now that no one needs to kill anyone, I can update. Today's weigh-in has me down 6.8 pounds this week. Woot! I was actually one pound less on Saturday, but I had been weighing in much later in the morning over vacation. I had to be up early for work today, so my weigh-in came several hours earlier than usual. No matter, though...I still posted an almost 7-pound loss. TOM's also due soon, and he always pushes my weight up some.

Good job to all starters and restarters today!! Keep at it!!
WOW amazing job!!!!!!!

Quote:
DAY 2

I need to see some BIG scale numbers next Monday! I stayed exactly on plan today and played 45 min of tennis!

On to day 3 tomorrow!
Wow Turan tennis, nice!!!!!!! Where are you that it's warm enough to play?

welcome newbies and some others I recognize from past years!!!!!!!!!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:08 AM   #156
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Tuesday morning! I did great yesterday until the dessert at the meeting. And now this morning I feel gross. But today is a new day and I am going to stay on plan! A friend is coming over for dinner and everything I'm fixing will be low carb - a chicken dish, asparagus and twice baked cauliflower. No bread, no starch, no dessert! The weather has turned warm - for now - and I'm motivated to get more weight off!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:41 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: doxielove
Stats: 177.8/137.8/120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 07.08.13
Very discouraged today. Yesterday was day 1. I had a total of 7 oz. of chicken, one half cup low fat cottage cheese and one low fat mozzarella cheese stick and I gained .2. I thought I'd at least lose a pound of water weight...I went to the bathroom often enough! What's the point of the hunger and headache if I'm going to gain weight?
doxielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:46 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Heinz does still make a SF Ketchup 1 carb, 5 calories for 1 Tablespoon. I used it alot on the hHcg plan. Just a lurker gearing up to try Stillman's in the future. Carry on.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:48 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxielove View Post
Very discouraged today. Yesterday was day 1. I had a total of 7 oz. of chicken, one half cup low fat cottage cheese and one low fat mozzarella cheese stick and I gained .2. I thought I'd at least lose a pound of water weight...I went to the bathroom often enough! What's the point of the hunger and headache if I'm going to gain weight?
Just a thought, could you have an issue with diary perhaps? Sorry to hear of your gain.

Lurking again.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:03 AM   #160
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Icandoit - Yes, definitely start!! There are a bunch of us just starting off.

Turandot - You'll have a great week. I can feel it. I love that your DH brings you coffee. That's so sweet. Your menu looks excellent!!

Andrea - I may try the coffee drink. May. I just get nervous about the raw eggs. I realize it's irrational, but I am a fairly irrational person. WTG on almost 7 pounds gone!!!! That's an awesome first week!!! I'd love to see something like that this week.

Pig - Dieting is mental, no matter what plan you pick. Pick something you know you'll see results with, and plan a transition. I think planning a transition is just as important as planning the diet part. You don't want to diet and gain it all back after the special event.

Doxie - I agree with the prior poster, maybe drop the dairy. QWL doesn't allow cheesesticks and cottage cheese can even be an issue for some. But, I honestly never lose after day 1. I think my body holds the first day and then starts to release after day 2. So maybe just wait and see another day. You can do it!

Starting day 2 for me today. I'm headachy. Last night I was exhausted. Not sure if it was because of the diet or not. But I seriously crashed at 9:30, which is early for me. I looked at the scale and it didn't really budge, which I expected. I never lose fast at first. It's like my body needs a moment to warm up to it and then it gets going.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #161
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I sometimes gain after my first day. Give it another day or two. I think that when I gain, it is because I would have gained more if I hadn't been on plan for the day. Hang in there - you will see great results!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

menu yesterday:
B: Chia Seed pudding
L: Protein Shake
2: hb egg, shrimp
D: chicken burger, piece of fish
S: 1/2 cup egg white with one egg and shrimp. microwaved

Then I screwed up and had a tablespoon of peanut butter with the last of the agave syrup I had.

Weight loss? .8 pounds. Almost one pound in a day so I am happy with that.

today I will get rid of the last egg and just use egg whites and no peanut butter.

Didn't do my Tai Chi this morning - the stretching kills my back and it is TOM I am pretty sure.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Hi ladies. This is such an active thread, I love reading it every day. Congratulations on the various losses and the discipline everyone is showing in the face of temptation. Mim, it sounds like you have the most tricky situation of us all right now due to your profession!

Cloudy, but not raining here in Seattle today. I'll definitely try to work in a hike with my son through the woods near my house this afternoon. I'm feeling somewhat tired and a bit sore from working out yesterday, but generally ok. I've also been very productive work wise so far this week and that is motivating in itself. I work at home and sometimes I have to be a bit strict with myself.

My menu is not terribly exciting right now, but I'm still tweaking the ratios so I don't want to add too many variables.

B: Can of bristling sardines (unusual I know, but they make me feel great)
L: Lots of steamed lean meat with mustard or hot sauce (usually organic chicken breast or grass-fed sirloin)
D: More lean meat or fish with a green salad (dressed with a small splash of olive oil and red wine vinegar) and steamed low-carb veggies

I've also been drinking hot chocolate made with cocoa and almond milk, both unsweetened. This seems to satisfy a lot of cravings and when I feel the occasional need for sweetness I add a little stevia as well. I also drink water kefir daily for the probiotics and copious quantities of water. I'm slowly adding green tea in as well, but I have to be careful as it sometimes makes my blood sugar drop too much.

Take care everyone!
paleopaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
B: Chia Seed pudding
I really love chia seed as well. When I plug a few tablespoons of chia into my nutrition program, my vitamin and mineral levels just shoot up. Ditto for baby spinach, kale and parsley.

Btw, I noticed that you added your location as Vancouver. Truly one of my favorite cities in the world. We go there several times a year just for fun since it's so close. My son and I particularly enjoy Stanley Park and the aquarium.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post
I really love chia seed as well. When I plug a few tablespoons of chia into my nutrition program, my vitamin and mineral levels just shoot up. Ditto for baby spinach, kale and parsley.

Btw, I noticed that you added your location as Vancouver. Truly one of my favorite cities in the world. We go there several times a year just for fun since it's so close. My son and I particularly enjoy Stanley Park and the aquarium.
I have had a couple of diabetes scares and chia seeds keeps the blood glucose readings level so I don't want to give that up!

I write a blog on Vancouver's history and fill it with photos of the city. I call myself the Vancouver Vagabond and I walk around the city taking photos of anything I find interesting. It is fun to go to an address where there is supposed to be a historic building and discover it isn't there anymore!

I love my city too. My next series of books combine history and the paranormal. Since I just entered my latest book in the City of Vancouver contest, I am saying that I like our city politics too!

The only place in Seattle I have been to is the airport when I had a connecting flight to San Diego. B/c of the fact that I had been diagnosed with MS a few months before, I travelled from the air plane through the terminal in a wheelchair pushed by an employee of the airport. That was fun! The airport was under construction and the attendant took me, in a wheelchair, down the escalator and it was bumpy going over certain patches of the airport. It was all quite amusing and I was even more determined not to ever have to do that again!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I assume that the levels shooting up are a good thing?

You will have to email me the next time you are coming to Vancouver.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
I have had a couple of diabetes scares and chia seeds keeps the blood glucose readings level so I don't want to give that up!

I write a blog on Vancouver's history and fill it with photos of the city. I call myself the Vancouver Vagabond and I walk around the city taking photos of anything I find interesting. It is fun to go to an address where there is supposed to be a historic building and discover it isn't there anymore!

I love my city too. My next series of books combine history and the paranormal. Since I just entered my latest book in the City of Vancouver contest, I am saying that I like our city politics too!

The only place in Seattle I have been to is the airport when I had a connecting flight to San Diego. B/c of the fact that I had been diagnosed with MS a few months before, I travelled from the air plane through the terminal in a wheelchair pushed by an employee of the airport. That was fun! The airport was under construction and the attendant took me, in a wheelchair, down the escalator and it was bumpy going over certain patches of the airport. It was all quite amusing and I was even more determined not to ever have to do that again!
I found your blog (won't post the URL though LOL). It looks very interesting - will check it out over the weekend. I really am sorry to hear about your MS though. Definitely an epidemic here in the Pacific NW with our low levels of sunshine. You've probably heard of Dr. Terry Wahls, but if not, be sure to go look up her protocol. She cured her debilitating MS through diet and lifestyle changes - very inspiring story.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Doxie, hang in there, detox takes a minimum of three days. Some have theorized that when fat cells are depleting they first fill with water then you get your whoooooosh loss!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I found your blog (won't post the URL though LOL). It looks very interesting - will check it out over the weekend. I really am sorry to hear about your MS though. Definitely an epidemic here in the Pacific NW with our low levels of sunshine. You've probably heard of Dr. Terry Wahls, but if not, be sure to go look up her protocol. She cured her debilitating MS through diet and lifestyle changes - very inspiring story.
I have heard of Dr. Wahls. I have one of the best MS neurologists in North America - and he buys my books - and he told me to follow a healthy diet. I was diagnosed initially with relapsing/remitting MS and later changed to secondary progressive. However, I walk a lot as you could see by the blog! I exercise and I try to keep my stress levels to a minimum.

Every few years someone will tell me that diet pop causes MS. Or that something else does. Scientists have not found the definite cause of the disease yet - and I'm not worried about it. It was a blessing in disguise b/c now I get to stay home and write and I have met some great people.

It is hard seeing the silver lining sometimes but it is there. Even being so overweight has given me a better understanding of those with weight problems and how difficult it is to get the pounds off. And I get to meet lots of supportive people!
Old 04-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #170
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

bcbrown - I have MS too. I've been diagnosed for 22 years. I find gluten free and low carb help me feel better, but I think that is true for most everyone!
Old 04-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #171
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Just popping in quickly to say hi. I started to crash this morning but found a second wind and am starting to feel great. I was tempted at lunch today with lots of awesome food, but kept to my cottage cheese and turkey. HB eggs are on the menu for tonight.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

FOR ALL OF YOU DEALING WITH MS OR ANY ILLNESSES!

I am in awe of your courage!!

Stuck to plan today! I was hungry today so I had more chicken. for some reason I REALLY REALLY wanted peanut butter or nuts. I was craving them LIKE CRAZY! I didn't cave but it was so hard. After dinner I will hit the treadmill again. I'm HOPING to be in the LOW 60's by the 15th!!! HOPING!
Old 04-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
bcbrown - I have MS too. I've been diagnosed for 22 years. I find gluten free and low carb help me feel better, but I think that is true for most everyone!
I think that the major thing with MS is that the disease is going to do what it wants. Those who say they have been cured may find the disease popping up again - it has just gone into remission. All we can do is be positive and do our best to take care of ourselves.

The manager of my building was showing me stuff she had bought and there was a few gluten free things. Eating gluten free is great if you can do it naturally, without too many processed foods. Usually those so full of additives!

Low carb and gluten free makes me feel lighter, not weighed down.

How is your MS doing?

And Turan? Thanks for the comment. We all have our struggles and the successful ones are the ones that can not let those roadblocks destroy our lives.

I am full of philosophy today, aren't I?
Old 04-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

FOR ALL OF YOU DEALING WITH MS OR ANY ILLNESSES!

I am in awe of your courage!!
Couldn't agree with you more Turan!!

I have some autoimmune tendencies myself that I've been able to keep in check for the time being, but I know several people who are dealing with full-blown conditions who haven't had much luck with any particular protocol; yet they always remain positive and hopeful just like the folks on this forum. I do agree however that eating gluten-free, lower carb whole foods seems to be helpful for most people, as well as keeping stress levels down and toxin exposure to a minimum. Not always easy to achieve however, as I can personally attest. Sigh.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Its funny. When people say I am courageous or an inspiration, I am flattered that you think of me that way. On the other hand, I wonder what choice do I really have? I either live with everything or commit suicide and I haven't tormented enough people in the world yet to call it quits!

I guess I could sit around and moan about all that is wrong with me but that's no fun. I write because the alternative is to sit around and watch TV which is a depressing thought. I watch too much as it is.

PP please take care of yourself. And the same to you Mim. And anyone else with a chronic illness. We are powerful enough that we can kick them in the butt. Even if I ended up in a wheelchair, I would still say I was beating MS as long as I don't let it get me down!

Old 04-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #176
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I tend to be a pragmatist with faith. When I'm interviewing for a church I will tell them that I could wake up tomorrow and not be able to walk. I could get hit by a truck tonight on my way home and get flattened. I don't worry about either.

I had a guest over for dinner. I made a chicken dish I got out of the latest Martha Stewart Magazine. It has olives, cherry tomatoes and feta cheese. I made that dish, baked cauliflower, asparagus and sugar free coconut macaroons and low carb ice cream. I typically don't do dessert, but I wanted to try out my new soft serve machine before my grandgirls get here next week. Everything turned out great!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 205/188.4/135 5'5.5"
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Today's menu:

B: Protein coffee
L: 1 chicken breast
D: 5oz turkey kielbasa
S: cottage cheese w/ cinn/splenda

Total calories: 625

I don't know if any of you saw my first post (it was on last month's thread) where I mentioned that I had joined a Biggest Loser contest at work. Today was the weigh-in for week 5 (it's a 12-weel contest). I am currently in the top five! I'm just 1.1% behind the person who's currently lost the most. Oh, yeah...all of the top five people right now are women! Take THAT men who always lose weight faster than us! I'm not really in it to win, necessarily, but I would like to make a good showing. I originally joined just for the motivation of it. At the week 6 weigh-in, the person who's lost the greatest %age thus far will win 25% of the pay-in kitty. Ooooo, I'm close. That's sure motivation enough to stay strict this week, eh? Gonna be tough with TOM taking his grand old time making an entrance.

MD: Thanks for the info on ketchup. I'm going to have to make a run to look for some. I think I have seen it at Wal-Mart before.

Hang tough, gals! I need to go make a menu for tomorrow.

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
I am down 4 lbs since suday!

Today was day 1 of some veggies (cruise phase of dukan) I was going to wait a couple more days but my mom invited me out to lunch. Had some arguala and steak and didn;t eat my side of quinoa which I love, take that for will power today!

Dinner I had a spinach and chicken and for diner I made chocolate pudding. I put cottage cheese, cocoa and some sf caramel syrup in the blender with a splash of skim milk just so it would blend and it was great! I put way too much cocoa in it by accident but it definitely got rid of my chocolate craving!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
According to dukan website I will be at my goal weight by May 27th which is about 45 days from today and seeing the thing with dukan is having veggies so that you don't fall off plan as do you can get more vitamins.

but I am a seasoned stillmaner? stillmanite? I am hoping that I can do more protein days then protein and veg days and lose a little quicker. I feel like 10-15 lbs on stills in half that time if I am good so between the 2 I will lose quicker. I am normally fine losing slower but I am visiting my family the weekend of May 25th and I would like to have a week or 2 or maintenance eating under my belt before I go so I don't gain 8 lbs in a weekend like last time I went crazy eating

I hope this plan work and will keep you posted on how the veggies every few days affect my weight. I know lettuce makes me retain water so I may only weigh after my stills days as to not get discouraged

Last edited by Mar922; 04-09-2013 at 09:32 PM..
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:04 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyPatty
Stats: 234.5---->125
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: March 1, 2014
Morning roomies!

Still doing QWL and still not cheating...

Here's my planned menu for today:

B--8 oz. black decaf coffee
1 HB egg
S--1 oz. Farmer cheese
L--1 5 oz. can of tuna
1 SF gelatin cup
S--1 HB egg
D--4 oz. Rotiss chicken (with all skin and fat removed)
S--1 SF gelatin cup

Plus as much water as I can drink and a couple glasses of Turkey Hill diet green tea (this stuff is delicious y'all ought to try it)

Hope y'all have a great day too...and yes you CAN DO this...I am and so can you!

P.S. I'm still in deep purple ketosis and my blood glucose is now down in the 110s...

FP

Last edited by FattyPatty; 04-10-2013 at 04:06 AM..
FattyPatty is offline   Reply With Quote