Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 04:58 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyPatty
Stats: 233.5---->125
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: July 1, 2014
I just weighed myself (I posted it over on the April weigh in thread) and all I can say is OMG...Stillman's is the BEST!

For you peeps who are starting/restarting today...stick with it, it really, really works!

And when you're craving something that's not on the diet, distract yourself and you'll find that the craving will subside.....

Nothing compares to how I feel right now! No craving EVER felt this good!

Okay ya'll I'm on to another week...WE CAN DO THIS!
FattyPatty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2013, 05:03 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
My restart didn't go so well. I have been feeling light headed and a tummy ache all day. Hopefully I will get a good start tomorrowl

Yes you will bc...today is YOUR day...it's the beginning of the week and the beginning of the month and the beginning of the rest of your life!!!

You can DO this!!!!!!: clap:
Old 04-08-2013, 05:40 AM   #123
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Monday morning! I had a good day yesterday - I went to dinner at a parishioner's house. She made a low carb dinner - beef and broccoli and green beans. She also had rolls and mashed potatoes but I didn't have any. Then, even though me and the other guest told her after church not to make dessert, she brings out dessert! she had made some kind of low fat pudding and put it in a glass and topped it with strawberries and whipped cream. It was probably not a great deal of carb, but this morning my weight is the same. Since I just re-started it would have been a weight loss had I just eaten at home. But all is good. Slow is fine - I am going to be part of what goes on around me! However, tonight is a different story. I have a meeting that ends with very fancy dessert. The women are used to me not eating it and are impressed with my weight loss - but the two I was at dinner with last night said they are starting dieting today and they won't eat it either. It is a big deal for the women who prepare the dessert.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Good morning all! I survived skating! And junk food! Yes, I did imbibe, but I figure skating took away some damage. 'Sides, your niece only turns nine once, right? I had fun checking out all of the soccer moms and their awful handbag choices

got to get grilling up my chicken strips for the week, all four pounds. So convenient!

Finally warm enough for DH to 'play' outside. The snow should be gone by the weekend.
O happy day!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:53 AM   #125
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Morning everyone. I didn't start yesterday, but did this morning. I'm giving up coffee (this scares me) since I cannot drink it black. I need a hardcore QWL so no cream, creamer, etc. I am sipping on a cup of iced unsweet tea, hoping that the caffeine and cold beverage helps me get through this morning.

Plan for today is to have as much tea, water, diet soda as I want. Plus as much turkey, cottage cheese, and HB eggs as I need. My appetite usually dies after day 2 and then I forget to eat with stillmans.

I love how active this group is!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: doxielove
Stats: 177.8/145.4/120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 07.08.13
I didn't start yesterday - I just wasn't mentally ready. I did start today, though, and I have my food all ready. I know I'm going to rely heavily on diet soda for at least the first few days and hopefully will be able to taper off. My plan is this:

B - 2 eggs scrambled with 1 tsp. Molly McButter and a spray of Pam

L - 4 oz Tyson grilled and ready chicken strips with Walden Farms honey/mustard/mayo dip, one 2% mozzarella cheese stick

D - same as lunch but the cheese stick only if necessary

S - sugar free jello, diet Coke

water - very hard for me, but I'll do my best!

This will take me to about 82 grams of protein but only around 530 calories.

Good luck everyone!
doxielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyPatty View Post
Yes you will bc...today is YOUR day...it's the beginning of the week and the beginning of the month and the beginning of the rest of your life!!!

You can DO this!!!!!!: clap:
Thank you for all the encouragement! And I am glad to see that I am not the only one who didn't get off to a planned start yesterday.

So far, diet wise, today is good. Started the day with my chia seed pudding (1/3 cup of chia seeds in 2.5 cups of water with splenda and lemon flavouring) and I have had dandelion root tea and water. I did my David Carradine Tai Chi stretching but got a little confused when I went to try the Tai Chi. I will have to work on that!

I was feeling so ill yesterday that I didn't write my blog so I worked on it today. I was writing away - almost finished - then went to another entry to copy some links. I lost the whole entry. Good thing I had the photos in my recycle bin so I restored those and there just won't be an entry today. LOL

I am also waiting to hear about the movie deal. I was supposed to hear last week so I emailed him last night. No response yet. And PP, did you enjoy the book?

Have a great day everyone.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #128
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Candy1974
Stats: 98/94.2/68 (kg)
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 28 Oct 2013
Hey

Hey hope y'all had a gr8 weekend. My weightloss came to a stand still due 2 alcohol. So, once again 4 the last time... NO ALCOHOL EVER AGAIN. Im back on track since 2day.

Hav a gr8 one!
Candy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Maybe my post didn't show up this morning so I'll repost because I could sure use some WTGs from y'all

I weighed myself this morning after going the entire week without so much as one cheat...and I've lost 9 pounds!!!!

Would it be rude to pat myself on the back? lol
Old 04-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy1974 View Post
Hey hope y'all had a gr8 weekend. My weightloss came to a stand still due 2 alcohol. So, once again 4 the last time... NO ALCOHOL EVER AGAIN. Im back on track since 2day.

Hav a gr8 one!
I know that I overdid it on Friday and Saturday with alcohol and I'm too old for that - my body doesn't like it any longer. So I am taking a break from booze for awhile. Get my body feeling great again.

bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Morning everyone. I didn't start yesterday, but did this morning. I'm giving up coffee (this scares me) since I cannot drink it black. I need a hardcore QWL so no cream, creamer, etc. I am sipping on a cup of iced unsweet tea, hoping that the caffeine and cold beverage helps me get through this morning.

Plan for today is to have as much tea, water, diet soda as I want. Plus as much turkey, cottage cheese, and HB eggs as I need. My appetite usually dies after day 2 and then I forget to eat with stillmans.

I love how active this group is!!!
WOW! I would murder everyone if I gave up my espresso!!! I use a liquid sugar free creamer. It's the one thing I COULD NOT give up espresso.
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
I am also waiting to hear about the movie deal. I was supposed to hear last week so I emailed him last night. No response yet. And PP, did you enjoy the book?
Hey there BC. I've been a little nervous posting about your book again after inadvertently breaking the rules before, but I totally did enjoy it - easy to read, interesting plot. I think it would make a great movie and I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed that you'll hear back soon. Hope you feel better today.

P.S. Our trip to Vancouver Island was exhausting, but absolutely spectacular. We're already planning a kayaking trip to the Discovery Islands in the summer - can't wait!!
paleopaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I just weighed myself (I posted it over on the April weigh in thread) and all I can say is OMG...Stillman's is the BEST!

For you peeps who are starting/restarting today...stick with it, it really, really works!

And when you're craving something that's not on the diet, distract yourself and you'll find that the craving will subside.....

Nothing compares to how I feel right now! No craving EVER felt this good!

Okay ya'll I'm on to another week...WE CAN DO THIS!
WAY TO GO!!!!!!! YAY!!! I am so sticking with it now that I am back on track!!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Hi ladies. Believe it or not, I'm totally glad it's Monday! I had to deal with some family issues over the weekend and I'm just glad to be back to my normal weekday routine instead. I have however made a firm decision that I'm not going to let the drama distract me from my plan like it usually does.

Like many women I'm too quick to sacrifice my own well being to keep everyone else's lives operating smoothly. This time however, I'm determined to stay on task with eating and working out as planned.

I'm focusing on lean protein and green veggies. All in all my total carb intake from the veggies is probably even lower than it would be if I was eating eggs and dairy, so I think I should be ok. Plus, exercise really helps me deal with stress. I've had way too much of that lately and I'm sure it's the main reason I've gained so much weight the last couple of years. I'm the only one who can do something about it though, so I am.

Last edited by paleopaleo; 04-08-2013 at 12:15 PM..
paleopaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #135
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Turandot - I know. I'm soooo headachy today. I just felt like if I was going to be extreme, I needed to be extreme. I fully plan on adding in coffee again eventually. I miss it and it's just been 7 hours or so. haha

FattyPatty - WOW! 9 pounds is fantastic!! I'm hoping to see something similar to that myself in a week. WTG!!!
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post
Hey there BC. I've been a little nervous posting about your book again after inadvertently breaking the rules before, but I totally did enjoy it - easy to read, interesting plot. I think it would make a great movie and I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed that you'll hear back soon. Hope you feel better today.

P.S. Our trip to Vancouver Island was exhausting, but absolutely spectacular. We're already planning a kayaking trip to the Discovery Islands in the summer - can't wait!!
I am so happy you enjoyed my province! And even more pleased that you liked The Bond, A Paranormal Love Story.

The moderators told me I could post the title and I have posted my name but just no links.

I am feeling fine today - got the blog done finally and some exercises. I am going to go work on my next book. Have a great day everyone!

Old 04-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: doxielove
Stats: 177.8/145.4/120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 07.08.13
Quote:
Maybe my post didn't show up this morning so I'll repost because I could sure use some WTGs from y'all

I weighed myself this morning after going the entire week without so much as one cheat...and I've lost 9 pounds!!!!

9 pounds is incredible - you go, girl!!! Congratulations - hope I do half as well!
doxielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

WTG! I am so proud of you - you are an inspiration!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quick drop by. After 9pm here, nearly the end of day two. Its been a challenge but I made it through. On to day 3. Good luck everyone.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #140
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pig2twig
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 25.4.12
Hi everyone, I have done Stillman's in the past but normally just use it as a kick start as my weight loss always comes to a standstill after about a week. However this time I'm desperate! I have a friend's wedding coming up on 8th June and it's suddenly just hit me (when trying new dresses on yesterday) that I look like a big, fat, blubbery...well you get the picture
Sooo...I'm determined to lose a stone (14lbs) by then so I'm wondering what you guys think is the best way to do it? How do I keep the weight loss going? I do hard-core Stillman's as I'm better at that - if I cheat just a little bit it does something psychological to me and I go to pieces!

Any ideas gratefully accepted
Pig2twig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Good day today!

I had that egg drink again today.... Its terrible cold you can tste the egg haha and 3 small chicken breasts and LOTS of water!

Not sure what I will have for dinner maybe tuna?
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Quote:

Good Job!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
OMGoodness! I can't even keep up with all of these posts today. So busy in here! I love it!

FP: I just posted in the April Weigh-In thread, but wanted congratulate you in here too. Awesome way to rock week one!!

Next, I'll not have anyone on this board killing anybody for lack of coffee! Therefore, you MUST try this. You must. I'm serious.

Egg Cream Cappuccino:

Put 2 eggs in the bottom of a blender (I use my bullet). Brew a large cup of coffee and add a little splenda or DaVinci's...whatever sweetener you like. Add it to the blender while it's still hot and whirl it all up. Pour it into your large coffee mug and wah-lah! You have a very creamy, frothy-topped coffee. No cream necessary.

You must just trust me and try this at least once. I cannot drink black coffee and this stuff totally hits the spot.

Ok. Now that no one needs to kill anyone, I can update. Today's weigh-in has me down 6.8 pounds this week. Woot! I was actually one pound less on Saturday, but I had been weighing in much later in the morning over vacation. I had to be up early for work today, so my weigh-in came several hours earlier than usual. No matter, though...I still posted an almost 7-pound loss. TOM's also due soon, and he always pushes my weight up some.

B: coffee w/ 2T ff h&h
L: grilled salmon, 3/4c cottage with splenda/cinn
S: rotiss chicken with 1T ranch, 2 light cheese wedges
D: 3oz turkey sausage, egg cream cappuccino

Total calories today: 972 (and this was me trying to eat a lot today )

Good job to all starters and restarters today!! Keep at it!!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy

Last edited by Mommie22boys; 04-08-2013 at 06:46 PM..
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Turandot - I know. I'm soooo headachy today. I just felt like if I was going to be extreme, I needed to be extreme. I fully plan on adding in coffee again eventually. I miss it and it's just been 7 hours or so. haha

I literally would MURDER EVERYONE! I drink 4 shots of espresso (VERY STRONG) every morning. I drink it IN BED so I won't have to leave the bedroom. My husband brings it up every single morning! I hope you are feeling better.

FattyPatty - WOW! 9 pounds is fantastic!! I'm hoping to see something similar to that myself in a week. WTG!!!
I AM PRAYING FOR 9 lbs this week after my cheat! WTG AGAIN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig2twig View Post
Hi everyone, I have done Stillman's in the past but normally just use it as a kick start as my weight loss always comes to a standstill after about a week. However this time I'm desperate! I have a friend's wedding coming up on 8th June and it's suddenly just hit me (when trying new dresses on yesterday) that I look like a big, fat, blubbery...well you get the picture
Sooo...I'm determined to lose a stone (14lbs) by then so I'm wondering what you guys think is the best way to do it? How do I keep the weight loss going? I do hard-core Stillman's as I'm better at that - if I cheat just a little bit it does something psychological to me and I go to pieces!

ME TOO! If I have a tiny cheat I go CRAZY and lose control. I have to just do STRICT QWL. Stick to it, you know it works. PLEASE PLEASE NEVER say negative things about yourself. Life is hard enough. YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL, just heavier than you want to right now. DO QWL for a month and see where you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post
Hi ladies. Believe it or not, I'm totally glad it's Monday! I had to deal with some family issues over the weekend and I'm just glad to be back to my normal weekday routine instead. I have however made a firm decision that I'm not going to let the drama distract me from my plan like it usually does.

Like many women I'm too quick to sacrifice my own well being to keep everyone else's lives operating smoothly. This time however, I'm determined to stay on task with eating and working out as planned.

I'm focusing on lean protein and green veggies. All in all my total carb intake from the veggies is probably even lower than it would be if I was eating eggs and dairy, so I think I should be ok. Plus, exercise really helps me deal with stress. I've had way too much of that lately and I'm sure it's the main reason I've gained so much weight the last couple of years. I'm the only one who can do something about it though, so I am.
Sending you support!

Quote:
I am so happy you enjoyed my province! And even more pleased that you liked The Bond, A Paranormal Love Story.

The moderators told me I could post the title and I have posted my name but just no links.

I am feeling fine today - got the blog done finally and some exercises. I am going to go work on my next book. Have a great day everyone!

YAY FOR YOUR MOVIE!!! I can't WAIT to see it. I hope it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Quick drop by. After 9pm here, nearly the end of day two. Its been a challenge but I made it through. On to day 3. Good luck everyone.
WAY TO MAKE IT!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig2twig View Post

Well, I'm only a week in, but I did lose almost 7 pounds this week. My suggestion would be to do Stillmans QWL by the absolute book. If it's not on the list, do no eat it. No cheats. It helps me if I plan ahead a little what I'm going to eat the day before, so I don't have to think about what I'm eating during the day because I figured it out the day before. I don't do this all the time, but I try. Also, your body needs lots of fluids when going hardcore (QWL), so be sure to drink all day long. I've been trying to add green tea to my repertoire, as it has many health benefits - one of them supposedly is increased metabolism.

PLUS - if you keep coming back here you'll get all the support you could want. Post often and you'll stay more motivated. AND, go back and read the previous month's threads here (March, February...) - I find them to be very motivating as well.

Good luck! That stone'll be gone in no time!!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

DAY 2

I need to see some BIG scale numbers next Monday! I stayed exactly on plan today and played 45 min of tennis!

I have figured out the mass peeing issue. I had it again last night. After my anniversary and my Sat cheat, when I go back on plan (QWL) I seem to be peeing all night long. I know it's water weight but I WILL TAKE IT!

B 1 chicken breast
L 15 jumbo shrimp with Sugar free ketchup
snack 2 small pieces of tilapia
D 1 chicken breast
2.5 liters of water
Sugar free jello

On to day 3 tomorrow!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
OMGoodness! I can't even keep up with all of these posts today. So busy in here! I love it!

FP: I just posted in the April Weigh-In thread, but wanted congratulate you in here too. Awesome way to rock week one!!

Next, I'll not have anyone on this board killing anybody for lack of coffee! Therefore, you MUST try this. You must. I'm serious.

Egg Cream Cappuccino:

Put 2 eggs in the bottom of a blender (I use my bullet). Brew a large cup of coffee and add a little splenda or DaVinci's...whatever sweetener you like. Add it to the blender while it's still hot and whirl it all up. Pour it into your large coffee mug and wah-lah! You have a very creamy, frothy-topped coffee. No cream necessary.

You must just trust me and try this at least once. I cannot drink black coffee and this stuff totally hits the spot.

Ok. Now that no one needs to kill anyone, I can update. Today's weigh-in has me down 6.8 pounds this week. Woot! I was actually one pound less on Saturday, but I had been weighing in much later in the morning over vacation. I had to be up early for work today, so my weigh-in came several hours earlier than usual. No matter, though...I still posted an almost 7-pound loss. TOM's also due soon, and he always pushes my weight up some.

B: coffee w/ 2T ff h&h
L: grilled salmon, 3/4c cottage with splenda/cinn
S: rotiss chicken with 1T ranch, 2 light cheese wedges
D: 3oz turkey sausage, egg cream cappuccino

Total calories today: 972 (and this was me trying to eat a lot today )

Good job to all starters and restarters today!! Keep at it!!
WTG!!! YAY!!! So proud of you! I only drink espresso. I am VERY old fashioned with it and I drink 4-6 shots a morning. I can't imagine adding raw egg to that!

I might try it!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/230.2/150 Female 5’ 7'
I am going to start Stillman’s tomorrow! I did it before so i know it can be done!
icandoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
I am going to start Stillman’s tomorrow! I did it before so i know it can be done!
Yes it can!! You're gonna do great! So glad that you're here with us.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Hey Pig2Twig...great screenname, I love it!

And if it helps, the only way to keep from going to pieces over a cheat is to not cheat...I just went a whole week without cheating (first time ever I've not cheated) and I'm down 9 ...yes I said 9 pounds in 1 week!!!!! The feeling that I had this morning was and is simply incomparable...no craving, no chocolate, no cake, pie or candy has EVER made me feel as good as I did this morning...

Now come on you CAN do this....I'll be rooting for you!

FP