Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
That is pretty similar to my plan, I did it in the past and didn't have that jump in weight when I started eating "normal" again so I will do Dukan I guess, But I am staying here!
Yups, kind of like Dukan without the oat bran. I also want to stay on this forum though, since everyone is so kind and supportive. I don't feel like being on a different forum where folks are telling me how I'm doing things wrong and I'm not paleo/dukan/atkins etc. enough
paleopaleo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hello, sorry I vanished for a while. Been having a rough time of late. I have kind of been doing 1 day on 1 day off but to be honest it does not seem to have helped much. Anyway, tomorrow I plan to get serious. Won't be long until the warmer weather gets here and I want to enjoy the summer so...
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
Good! that is now three of us that are restarting on Sunday.
Make that 4!
Old 04-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post
Yups, kind of like Dukan without the oat bran. I also want to stay on this forum though, since everyone is so kind and supportive. I don't feel like being on a different forum where folks are telling me how I'm doing things wrong and I'm not paleo/dukan/atkins etc. enough
I know I was omiting something but I couldn't remember what... its the oatbran. I have the dukan book so after I do stills for a bit or the attack phase I will be bringing i out again!

This is he best forum I have found, everyone here is the best!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #95
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Andrea - I just ate a low carb cheesecake treat - loads of calories! I tend to do higher fat when I'm starting. I try not to eat dessert type things though once I'm rolling on plan.

And yes, I do believe we are the best forum around! We make friends here and following "the" diet is not a prerequisite for being here!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Hello, I have been lurking for a bit and was wondering why some of you don't do a combo of strict QWL and then maybe add the Inches Off Plan. If I am correct the Inches Off allows reasonable food items along with veggies. Anyone try the combination of the 2 and just eat this way to goal? I am thinking of giving Stillman's a go down the road and just reading all I can get on it. I am not sure that I could do strict QWL for long periods of time, the hHCG Protocol is hard enough. Well just wondering about all of this so if any of you seasoned Stillminites could answer my question I would trully be grateful. Have a wonderful weekend.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Hello, I have been lurking for a bit and was wondering why some of you don't do a combo of strict QWL and then maybe add the Inches Off Plan. If I am correct the Inches Off allows reasonable food items along with veggies. Anyone try the combination of the 2 and just eat this way to goal? I am thinking of giving Stillman's a go down the road and just reading all I can get on it. I am not sure that I could do strict QWL for long periods of time, the hHCG Protocol is hard enough. Well just wondering about all of this so if any of you seasoned Stillminites could answer my question I would trully be grateful. Have a wonderful weekend.
The dukan diet is a combo of the 2 I think Dukan probably just redid the whole stillmans diet and marketed it as his own but i don't know its just a guess.

I do it and I know a few others that do... I can't speak for everyone but generally when I eat veggies they are low carb veggies and inches off allows things like fruit and bread so I stay away from those but the veggies allowed are what I eat.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
welcome Magie!!!!!!!!!! I sort of do QWL and inches off....only veggies, no grain....but I have been languishing for months and not losing........it's hard to excersize in three feet of snow except when you are shoveling......

Mar, I know what you mean, we still have flurries and snowbanks and howling winds.....and mud!
CCGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Afternoon, everyone! I'm so glad to see more new faces in here today! Well, for the last hurrah of spring break, we're taking the boys to a local-ish hotel. Lots of pool time and relaxation for them...I'm totally hitting the fitness room later! It's nice to just get away and do nothing. Plus, it's looking spring-y again today...so sorry some of you are still getting snow! But, that was us last week, too. There's a saying in Rochester, and other places too, I'm sure: "If you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes...it'll change."

So, in an effort to get my calories to a respectable level today I had a big breakfast and a sizeable lunch. Then we decided to do this getaway thing...so now my cals will be really up there since we'll go out to dinner. I've already scoped out the nutritional info for TGIFriday's (there's one right across the parking lot from our hotel) and I'm getting their salmon topped with langoustines, and the sides will be broccoli and their tomato-mozz salad. I may not eat much of the sides. Anyway, even if I eat it all, my total cals land at 660, carbs at 15, and fat at 38.5. I know, I know...no one else is sweating the numbers like I am, but it makes me feel better to put it all out there. You can't kick me out. I'm staying.

So for today:

B: 3 eggs scrambled w/ turkey sausage and 1/4c 2% milkfat cheese
L: 2 grilled turkey burgers w/ cheese, super-thin onion and a little ketchup
D: see above

Total cals will top out just over 1500. Awesome.

Can I just tell you how excited I am to use the fitness center? Yay!

Gotta run. Be good, girls!!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Welcome all newbies!!

SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW! I will be doing QWL restart tomorrow.
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hello, sorry I vanished for a while. Been having a rough time of late. I have kind of been doing 1 day on 1 day off but to be honest it does not seem to have helped much. Anyway, tomorrow I plan to get serious. Won't be long until the warmer weather gets here and I want to enjoy the summer so...
Old 04-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Just brewed a LARGE MUG of smooth move tea with 2 tea bags!! I let it steep for an hour. I want a CLEAN start to Sunday morning!! YIKES!
My husband is WORRIED!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Turandot: Oh no!! Did you read about FP's Explosive Move tea experience yesterday? I'm scared for you, girl. You have the bravery of Aragorn, my friend. I shall cower in the corner until you say it's safe to come out.

So...back from dinner at TGIF's. I forgot that I was going to also get a bowl of French onion soup. Theirs is kinda weird...they put one large crouton on top and melt the cheese on top of just the "crouton". It was very odd. So, I peeled the cheese off and discarded the weird bread-thing. The soup itself was pretty tasty. I didn't eat any of the broccoli, and had about 3 cherry tomatoes and 3 mini mozz balls. Cals ended up at just under 1700 today. Tomorrow will be good and low.

When we got back after dinner, I went to the fitness room...one treadmill was "out of order" and clearly marked. The other one I couldn't get to work. So, I ended up on an elliptical machine, rocking out to Ricky Martin's "She Bangs" on my phone. That's some good workout music! Just try to stop yourself from wagging your hips or bobbing your head. Can't be done.

Good luck for all of you who are starting tomorrow, for all who are sticking to it, and for all who are struggling to keep at it. We will be awesome!
Old 04-07-2013, 05:40 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Day 1 for me. Going to make some (Oopsies) Atkins style rolls today. Think I will also pace an order with Low Carb Megastore, fancy some Da vinci syrup. Also want to buy some Shirataki noodles for chicken soup.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #105
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Sunday morning! I love it when I sleep well! I feel good this morning - I won't be able to walk to church though - I'm just not willing to hurry up and get ready! I have a morning routine that I really don't like messing with! It involves drinking lots of coffee!

MMS - I just received an order of DaVinci! I use it for various things - but mostly to flavor my sparkling water.

I'm in a shopping mood - but I'm trying to hold off until I do some toning exercising. I am so ready for spring though and the temps have gone up and the sun has re-appeared and last year's clothes are too big!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

HAPPY START or RESTART day everyone! I CLEARLY won't be leaving my HOUSE AT ALL That tea is NO JOKE! I feel better with it this morning. If you drink it before bed you wake up and GO!

I am going to try and keep this entire week VERY VERY simple. Lots of fish and chicken and NOTHING ELSE! I will also hit the treadmill for an hour a day of just walking.

SENDING LOVE TO ALL OF YOU! Stay strong!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #107
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Candy1974
Stats: 98.6/98.6/68 (kg)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 01 December 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Hi all! Well, my scale continues to play nice...I hope it keeps up, but realize that it won't last forever. I'm still super-happy about how things are going. I am only mildly bored with eating the same things over and over, but I know I can be more creative.

Candy: Your post about making a chicken dish with egg white, and cottage cheese inspired me for lunch today. I made up my own version: 2 eggs,1/2 cup cottage cheese whirled in the blender, and added it to some chicken and baked it. It made a decent little quiche-like dish. Would you please share your recipe? =)

Today's menu:

B: rotisserie chicken and iced tea (was up and running early, so my planned egg cream capp didn't happen)
L: quiche
D: not sure yet
Also drank lots of iced tea and had a diet soda.

The fam is ordering pizza and wings tonight, so I'll come up with something for myself...just not sure what yet.

BBL all!
My recipe takes 6 egg whites, 2 breasts and 1 tub fat free smooth cottage cheese. I throw everything in the food processor to get the chicken mashed as well. Bake 30min.
Candy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
Just brewed a LARGE MUG of smooth move tea with 2 tea bags!! I let it steep for an hour. I want a CLEAN start to Sunday morning!! YIKES!
My husband is WORRIED!!!
Turan ur too funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Day 1 for me. Going to make some (Oopsies) Atkins style rolls today. Think I will also pace an order with Low Carb Megastore, fancy some Da vinci syrup. Also want to buy some Shirataki noodles for chicken soup.
{{{{{{{MMS}}}}}} I hope things are 'looking up' for you.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Sunday morning! I love it when I sleep well! I feel good this morning - I won't be able to walk to church though - I'm just not willing to hurry up and get ready! I have a morning routine that I really don't like messing with! It involves drinking lots of coffee!

MMS - I just received an order of DaVinci! I use it for various things - but mostly to flavor my sparkling water.

I'm in a shopping mood - but I'm trying to hold off until I do some toning exercising. I am so ready for spring though and the temps have gone up and the sun has re-appeared and last year's clothes are too big!
yay Mim on too big clothing!!!!!!!!!Love that!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
HAPPY START or RESTART day everyone! I CLEARLY won't be leaving my HOUSE AT ALL That tea is NO JOKE! I feel better with it this morning. If you drink it before bed you wake up and GO!

I am going to try and keep this entire week VERY VERY simple. Lots of fish and chicken and NOTHING ELSE! I will also hit the treadmill for an hour a day of just walking.

SENDING LOVE TO ALL OF YOU! Stay strong!
you go girl! pun intended!

well, today I go to my BFF's to celebrate my 'neice's' 9th birthday. It will be at the Rollerama skate center......my back aches already......it will be a pizza, cake and ice cream affair...........blech

so I have had 2 eggs with four turkey sausage patties and two slices of american cheese, will prob load up on cottage cheese before I go.

have a great day all!
CCGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

CCG

Have fun! We all know NOTHING can tempt you!

ARCHIE

Are you still out there? Sending you many HUGS!
Old 04-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies! I'm joining the restart club today as I didn't quite manage it yesterday. Lots of hugs and high fives to all of you. We are going to DO this!!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #111
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Riri
Stats: 154/138/130
WOE: Stillman's
Good luck everyone
Riri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

P.S. I've decided to restart my proper workout program tomorrow rather than waiting until I hit a magic number on the scale first. I had great success in the past when I stuck to it faithfully; I just have to play with my macronutrient ratios until I find the lowest carb/fat intake I can get away with and still have enough oomph to finish the sessions. I'm so out of shape compared to my usual self right now, anything more than walking is going to kick my butt for a while I'm sure!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Nearly 7pm here. Things are going well today. I am going to reward myself when I have completed a full week. I have always wanted fuller lips (my lips look fuller in my av pic than they actually are) so I'm going to have them done with either Restylane or Juerderm! I won't be sharing this with anyone else mind you. I seasoned some chicken yesterday and that has kept me going all day. I have some lean steak that needs eating so I am going to cook it up for tomorrow and maybe have a little tonight.

Last edited by makemeslim; 04-07-2013 at 12:03 PM..
Old 04-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Hey guys!

Good first day! I made an omelet this morning and then I made that frothy egg drink and I LOVE it! I am gonna be making it from now on and seeing I normally start my day with coffee and 2 eggs for breakfast now I can have them in 1 drink!

I am gonna have to get some of that tea too I feel like I need to flush out all the bad stuff I have been eating but I will save that for after the first few days if I still feel bloaty!
Old 04-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

I am also gonna start speed walking a minimum of 20 mins a day. the first time I did stills I walked everyday and I just felt healthier when I did that. Even if it didn't do much I felt better!
Old 04-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey guys!

Good first day! I made an omelet this morning and then I made that frothy egg drink and I LOVE it! I am gonna be making it from now on and seeing I normally start my day with coffee and 2 eggs for breakfast now I can have them in 1 drink!

I am gonna have to get some of that tea too I feel like I need to flush out all the bad stuff I have been eating but I will save that for after the first few days if I still feel bloaty!
COME OVER TO THE DARK SIDE!! That tea WORKS! Drink a cup at night and by 6 am your are going! A LOT! OFTEN!

YAY FOR YOUR GOOD DAY!
Old 04-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Made it to the end of the first REstart day!

My meals were:

B 2 HB eggs
Espresso with Sugar free creamer

1 liter water

L 1 chicken breast

I liter water

SNACK 6 meatballs (no bread crumbs in them)

DINNER 2 pieces of Tilapia

1 Liter of water

45 min of high incline treadmill walking 7 min of running

I need to try and stick it out for a MONTH!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyPatty
Stats: 233.5---->125
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: July 1, 2014
Hey roomies!

Well I'm coming to the end of my first week on Stillman's. Won't weigh myself until tomorrow morning but my husband has already told me he can tell I've lost weight...says my face isn't as puffy and my hips are already looking smaller...can't wait to see how much I've lost this week even though I'm already tickled pink.

Oh and today was easier than yesterday thank the Lord because yesterday was tough...had cravings for everything from peanut butter to chocolate mousse to tomato soup but I did not cave...I am proud to say that I have not cheated one time this entire week...

Here's what I ate today:

B--1 HB egg
S--1/2 can of tuna (drained and packed in water)
L--1 stick of string cheese and a couple pieces of leftover skinless rotiss chicken (prolly 2 ounces max)
D--4oz. smoked turkey breast and 1 SF Black Cherry gelatin cup
S--1 HB egg (ate just the white and threw out the yolk)

5 16oz. bottles of water
8oz. Turkey Hill Diet Green Tea (I love this stuff)

Y'all have a great evening and I'll see you in the morning

Last edited by FattyPatty; 04-07-2013 at 07:29 PM..
FattyPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey guys!

I'm so glad you like it! It is a nice way to get a sizeable breakfast in when you have to be up and running out the door or when you have time to just sit and enjoy a nice cuppa. Easy, peasy...and yummy. =)

I'm feeling like TOM's lurking, as I've been super noshy today. I have just not been able to feel satisfied. THis is what usually happens pre-TOM. It doesn't help that I wasn't able to weigh in today since we were at the hotel. I really like to know where I stand every morning. Anyway, I've been trying to compensate by drinking plenty of fluids.

B: funky omelet and an HB egg at the hotel
L: bunless double cheeseburger @McD's
S: chicken with a little ranch and mustard, ham, 3 light cheese wedges
D: 2 very small perch fillets, a cup of cottage cheese sprinkled w/ splenda and cinnamon

So, tomorrow it's back to work. Eating Stillman's-style will be new for me at work, but I don't anticipate any problems. I pretty much eat what I bring with me. I really liked the cottage cheese I had tonight with cinn/splenda, so I'll probably bring some of that plus some chicken and mustard for lunch. I do hate having to go to the bathroom all day long at work, but, drinking as much as I am on this plan, I guess it's a necessary evil.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
My restart didn't go so well. I have been feeling light headed and a tummy ache all day. Hopefully I will get a good start tomorrowl
bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote