Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 04:30 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyPatty
Stats: 233.5---->125
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: July 1, 2014
Thanks Tura!

I probably sound like I'm being a little too picky with some of my questions but the truth is that I did Stillman's about 3 years ago and lost like 20 pounds in the first 2 weeks and then (believe it or not) one day had a bowl of tomato soup (and I don't mean a big one) but rather one of those microwavable soups-to-go thingys....then I had a couple pieces of gum and the next day I had gained 3 pounds back...I was like OMG are you kidding me?

So this time around I'm trying to pinpoint any and every thing that might cause me to come out of ketosis and start gaining again.

FP
FattyPatty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2013, 05:16 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Morning all!

als: Welcome back! You know how to do this...you'll do it again! I, too, am stuck in my fat clothes - the stuff I swore I wasn't going to wear again. I'm getting very sick of the same outfits over and over, as I refuse to buy new stuff. But I'm back at it now...hopefully I'll be able to wear some of my smaller spring clothes this season.

FP: I was wondering about sf gum yesterday, but decided against it. I used to chew a LOT of gum and I think I just don't want to go back there. I had also been considering picking up some sf jello, but decided to wait on it for now. Might add it if I start to really feel deprived, lol.

So, I ended up having a chicken breast and 2 venison medallions for dinner last night. Both were grilled, but had been marinated...no idea what that did to the carbs in the meat...it is what it is, I guess. I was proud of myself for passing on the yummy-looking roasted vegetables, though.

I am starting the feel the effects of no fiber, though. I mean, especially after all the meat I ate yesterday, I feel like a cow this morning. The scale was slightly cooperative, as I did go down another .2, but I need to figure out how to deal with this, ahem, issue.

Not sure what the day will bring today...I'll stop back in later to check back with you guys. Rock it today, ladies!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:19 AM   #33
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Wednesday morning! Well, the diet gods are against me. I took a young man to dinner last night. He needed to talk with me. I let him pick the place and he picked a Chinese buffet. So today I'll do the best I can - I'l be served lunch. Tomorrow I have two restaurant meals, maybe three as I had a message about something one of my parishioners wants me to do with her tomorrow at chef school lunch. I may actually start on Friday!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:27 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyPatty View Post
Thanks Tura!

I probably sound like I'm being a little too picky with some of my questions but the truth is that I did Stillman's about 3 years ago and lost like 20 pounds in the first 2 weeks and then (believe it or not) one day had a bowl of tomato soup (and I don't mean a big one) but rather one of those microwavable soups-to-go thingys....then I had a couple pieces of gum and the next day I had gained 3 pounds back...I was like OMG are you kidding me?

So this time around I'm trying to pinpoint any and every thing that might cause me to come out of ketosis and start gaining again.

FP
I'm sure that it was the sodium in the soup!
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:29 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Smooth move tea is AMAZING!!! Magnesium works too!
Old 04-03-2013, 05:49 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Smooth Move tea, eh? I'm glad that it works, but it doesn't really sound all that appealing (remember, I'm not much of a tea person...). But I may look into magnesium. Thanks!

So, after getting online and checking in here and checking on some other boards and Pinterest (of course!), I decided to go hop on the scale again, since I still haven't eaten. Lo an behold, my number was dead-on 200! So, that's 5 pounds less on the scale for these first two days! Oh man, I really want that "2" to scram!!!

Ok, I'm off to be a productive human.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nikki Raye
Hey all! I am on Day of Stillman's today. I really wanna break my plateau from last month. I would love to lose 10 pounds this month but anything over 5 is welcome So far I have had
B: 3 hardboiled eggs with little salt and pepper, 2 c of coffee with 1 packet of Stevia
L: will be broiled Tilapia and 1/2 c cottage cheese
D: will be grilled chicken breast, not sure of what else
I am sure I will fit some more egg whites in there some where as well. Good luck everyone!
Nikki Raye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyPatty View Post
Thanks Tura!

FP
I can almost guarantee that it was the soup and had nothing to do with the gum.... tomato soup is full of salt and sugar. Everytime I eat broth I gain about 2lbs
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Smooth Move tea, eh? I'm glad that it works, but it doesn't really sound all that appealing (remember, I'm not much of a tea person...). But I may look into magnesium. Thanks!

So, after getting online and checking in here and checking on some other boards and Pinterest (of course!), I decided to go hop on the scale again, since I still haven't eaten. Lo an behold, my number was dead-on 200! So, that's 5 pounds less on the scale for these first two days! Oh man, I really want that "2" to scram!!!

Ok, I'm off to be a productive human.
I have this god awful Chinese diet tea I take sometimes. I put in splenda and flavourings. It isn't bad with vanilla or maple or lemon. Last time I tried MIO!

As for fat clothes, I want to get back into those!
bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 5'7" ***/**/125
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: September 10, 2013
After lurking for a couple of months, and starting-stopping-starting-stopping Stillmans, I am IN-IN-IN and TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE!

Love the support and accountability on this forum so thank you in advance for helping me lose the last 10+ lbs by May 1st! CAN'T WAIT TO HIT THE POOL & BEACH WITH MY FIVE YEAR OLD SON instead of sitting on the sidelines.

Hugs to us all, WE CAN DO THIS!!!
ThisTimeIsForKeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTimeIsForKeeps View Post
After lurking for a couple of months, and starting-stopping-starting-stopping Stillmans, I am IN-IN-IN and TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE!

Love the support and accountability on this forum so thank you in advance for helping me lose the last 10+ lbs by May 1st! CAN'T WAIT TO HIT THE POOL & BEACH WITH MY FIVE YEAR OLD SON instead of sitting on the sidelines.

Hugs to us all, WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
I have this god awful Chinese diet tea I take sometimes. I put in splenda and flavourings. It isn't bad with vanilla or maple or lemon. Last time I tried MIO!

As for fat clothes, I want to get back into those!
Does it make you go to the bathroom?
Old 04-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

TTIFK: Welcome out of lurkdom! The more, the merrier!! I'm only on Day 3, myself.

I ended up going in work today to get some things done while there aren't any students around. Necessary evil, I suppose, if I expect to teach them anything when school starts back up again next week, lol! After that, I headed to the store for a few things and picked up some magnesium, TYVM Turandot. =) I am also making the green tea I had planned to make last night but never got around to. It's pomegranate berry green tea and smells pretty darn good. I have it chilling on the porch right now for later.

Here's my menu thus far today:

B: 2-egg egg salad made w/ FF greek yogurt and mustard, plus 4oz rotiss chicken, and iced tea
L: 2oz turkey kielbasa
D: planning on burgers on the grill (mine will be topped with queso fresco, one slice of tomato, and a small squeeze of ketchup)

FYI, I had to choke down the egg salad. Normally I love egg salad, but making it with yogurt was very . Not making it like that again. Blech!

Another thing I wanted to mention is that I am still very psyched about this WOE! Like, VERY psyched! I find myself giggling in the car about how tickled I am with it! Yay!! Also, I had only a tiny headache on Day 2 which went away with some Ibuprofen...I had expected to feel like cr@p coming off of all the carbs, but really, I have felt surprisingly good! Another YAY!!

I hope everyone is feeling good about things today.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
OH YEAH!!!!!!

I have composed my menu for next week - Friday I am going to be going for a long walk and picking up my chicken and hopefully turkey burgers. Think this will help me lose at least five pounds?

Menu 04/07-04/11

9 am - B: ¼ cup egg whites plus one egg – scrambled in pam
Cup of D. Root tea
Fennel Tea
Water
11:30 am - S: protein shake made with water
Green tea
Water
2:00 pm – L: chicken burger with mustard
Green Tea
Water
4:30pm – D: fish or chicken and shrimp
Green tea
Water
6:30 pm – ½ cup of egg white in microwave with spices
Water
Evening: relaxing tea and sleep tea.

04/12
9am: B – Protein Shake
Cup of D. Root tea
Water
11:30 am – hb egg
2:00 pm – hb egg
4:30 pm – turkey burger, shrimp, mustard
Water
Green tea
6:30pm 1/2cup of egg white in microwave with spices

04/13
9 am - B: ¼ cup egg whites plus one egg – scrambled in pam
Cup of D. Root tea
Fennel Tea
Water
11:30 am - S: protein shake made with water
Green tea
Water
2:00 pm – L: turkey burger with mustard
Green Tea
Water
4:30pm – D: fish or chicken and shrimp
Green tea
Water
6:30 pm – ½ cup of egg white in microwave with spices
Water
Green tea
Evening: relaxing tea and sleep tea.

Exercise is six days of Tai Chi stretching and basic stances; Six days of this kickboxing workout I got from shape online; four days of a twenty minute cardio and one long walk. Saturday is my free day which means I can rest, walk, do dance or whatever!

As for the Agave - I think I will try to buy liquid splenda.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you for the WELCOMES...feels good to be OFFICIALLY on-board!

And Turandot...OH YEAH, "Smooth Move" is anything but...it should be called "Explosive Move and Get Out of the Way!"
Old 04-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

And Turandot...OH YEAH, "Smooth Move" is anything but...it should be called "Explosive Move and Get Out of the Way!"
I suggested the Smooth move. I was asking if the "CHINESE DIET TEA" works the same way! Yes, I have to be careful with the smooth move!! It can get a little SCARY!!

Last edited by Turandot; 04-03-2013 at 02:44 PM..
Old 04-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als9503 View Post
I can only fit some of my clothes now so I have been wearing the same 7 or 8 outfits over and over because I REFUSE to buy new clothes in a larger size. I moved into my own place a few months ago (was living with the BF) and I am ready to get ME back.
WOW! I hear ya!!! I am wearing the same THREE pairs of pants over & over again because I REEEEEEFUSE to buy a bigger (aka more comfortable) size. In fact, I was called out by a five year old last week when volunteering for my son's Kindergarten class..."Miss Jenna, why do you wear the same pair of pants every day?" NOW THAT'S NOT EMBARRASSING!
Old 04-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
Quote:
WOW! I hear ya!!! I am wearing the same THREE pairs of pants over & over again because I REEEEEEFUSE to buy a bigger (aka more comfortable) size. In fact, I was called out by a five year old last week when volunteering for my son's Kindergarten class..."Miss Jenna, why do you wear the same pair of pants every day?" NOW THAT'S NOT EMBARRASSING!
I literally laughed out loud at that! The babies tell the truth don't they? My son has asked me more than once if I was pregnant.
als9503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

[QUOTE= "Smooth Move" is anything but...it should be called "Explosive Move and Get Out of the Way!" [/QUOTE]

Well, aren't glad I picked up magnesium instead?
Old 04-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:

Haha thats so true and also why I stopped using it
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Kids have no filter!!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als9503 View Post
I literally laughed out loud at that! The babies tell the truth don't they? My son has asked me more than once if I was pregnant.
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, updating my menu:

Dinner turned out to be 2 cheeseburger patties, each with a thin slice of tomato and thin slice of onion, topped with 1T ketchup in total. It was the most delicious thing I have had all week. Nom nom!

I know that everything in that list is not strictly legal, but I needed it. Besides, I really needed to get my calories up. The past 2 days I have struggled to reach 1000, and today I'm up to 1500. Honestly, seeing everyone else's menus, I kinda feel like an oinker with all I'm eating. But I don't want to live on <1000 calories a day forever, so if I can lose by eating a little more, I'll take it, lol! I'll shoot for a nice low day tomorrow.

OMGosh, I really love smilies!!

Ok, I need to go figure out what I'm going to eat tomorrow. Laters!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Ok, updating my menu:

Honestly, seeing everyone else's menus, I kinda feel like an oinker with all I'm eating. But I don't want to live on <1000 calories a day forever, so if I can lose by eating a little more, I'll take it, lol! I'll shoot for a nice low day tomorrow.

OMGosh, I really love smilies!!
Don't be intimidated by my menu - I haven't started yet but I am convinced I can do it.

Most people don't seem to worry about the calorie count. I see your point though. I will have to worry about that when I get lower.
bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:00 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
OMG explosive move tea.......y'all are too funny.......

welcome newbies and lurkers, nice to have such a big bunch on board this month!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:11 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyPatty
Stats: 233.5---->125
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: July 1, 2014
Good Thursday morning, "losers"!

Gonna be a busy day at work so I'm only going to post a projected menu and pray I can stick to it....

B--Black Decaf (8oz.)
1 HB Egg
16oz. H20
S--1 stick of String Cheese
16oz. H20
L--1 8oz. Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast
16oz. H20
S--1 SF Straw. Gelatin Cup
16oz. H20j
D--10 Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce
1 HB Egg
16 oz. H20
S--1 Stick of String Cheese
16oz. H20

Hope you all have a great day and I'll see you later tonight

Last edited by FattyPatty; 04-04-2013 at 04:14 AM..
FattyPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:31 AM   #57
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Thursday morning! Well, the diet gods are against me, but I'm going to hit the path of weight loss tomorrow. I have not been able to stay on plan with the meals I've been invited to, and today I'm going to lunch with a group of women - it is the culinary school's monthly lunch. But starting tomorrow, I'm my own woman! I had the strangest dream last night - I dreamed I ate a live mouse! It was for a movie I was in and I ate the mouse whole and I was supposed to cough it up. Like a cartoon cat letting the canary go when granny walks in. I woke up gagging! I'm sure there are other, better protein sources!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

ALL SENIOR QWL LADIES!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly why I don't weigh myself every day! Since I am planning a cheat Saturday I decided to weigh myself today! I AM THE SAME AS I WAS FRIDAY!!!! Have I hit a plateau???? I am pretty pissed an now I want to CHEAT! I won't because I have it carefully planned for Saturday and if I cheat today it will be a 3 day cheat instead of 1!! WHAT is going on??? I have not been peeing like I was last week buut I amn drinking 3 Liters of water a day!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #59
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
ALL SENIOR QWL LADIES!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly why I don't weigh myself every day! Since I am planning a cheat Saturday I decided to weigh myself today! I AM THE SAME AS I WAS FRIDAY!!!! Have I hit a plateau???? I am pretty pissed an now I want to CHEAT! I won't because I have it carefully planned for Saturday and if I cheat today it will be a 3 day cheat instead of 1!! WHAT is going on??? I have not been peeing like I was last week buut I amn drinking 3 Liters of water a day!
I'm NOT a Senior QWL BUT I did stick strictly to Aktins Induction for almost 5 years with phenomenal success. It ain't workin' no mo...so need something a bit more rigorous.

When I hit plateaus, especially early in the game, it's time to really examine and document EVERYTHING that goes in your mouth. Additionally, hormones are NOT our friends as women and you may need to take those into acccount on a temporary basis. The bottom line (a bottom line that we all hope is getting smaller by the day ) is to STAY STRONG and not cave to emotional eating when the scale doesn't budge (or in my world, have the AUDACITY to creep up 0.2lb...WTH???) so Turandot (and ALL of us): KEEP THE FAITH and stay true to Stillmans and don't let this temporary setback throw you off. Your posts help ALL of us remain committed to our mission! Big
Old 04-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Turandot - I've been lurking and planning to join, so I might as well now and answer your question (I did Stillman's years ago and was really successful with it). Stalls, even with Stillmans, happen. I used to lose a bunch (like 15-20 pounds) and then have a standstill week with nothing. The following week I was back in business and saw great losses again. The most important thing to do is to keep being extra strict and diligent. Don't cheat (at least not until your planned thing this weekend). You got this!!

As for me, I plan to start Stillmans this Sunday and start posting here then if that's okay. I'm on regular LC right now but I can't lose with all these veggies and fat/calories. Strictness works best for me.