Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #511
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
I LOVE all the support I see here! It is so heartwarming.

As many of you know, I have problems with Stillman's. Every time I reduce my fat that much weird things happen to my body so I am eating low carb and sticking around here to bug all of you! heehee.

Today is the first day of my new life. A wheat, dairy, sugar, alcohol free life that is going to help me get super healthy and super in shape. My first goal is to lose between 60 and 70 pounds and become more flexible.I figure I can do that by the end of October or November Then I will throw in intense weight training and tone my body so that by the summer of 2014 I will be looking so hot that no one will believe I am 49!

I am also going to work harder on getting my next novel written and published and promoting the work I have out there. I am going to be thin, well toned, gorgeous and successful.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #512
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 5'7" ***/**/125
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: September 10, 2013
OK, I made it through DAY 1 without wine...and then consequently, without CLEANING OUT THE ENTIRE REFRIGERATOR. It was amazing to wake up without a hangover...that is MOSTLY because of the bizarre combination of food products I would consume. Seriously, it's probably been over three years since I went without wine on a Sunday night. Now that's worth examining, huh?

OK, enuff about me...back to the "egg" conversation. Atkins' & Gary Taubes' writings frequently address the MYTH of high cholesterol in conjunction with whole egg consumption. They both contend SUGAR is the exacerbator of cholesterol issues. In the absence of sugar -- which is what we are conquering -- egg yolks (along with shellfish and other perceived culprits) are not a problem.

I know (oooops, back to me) that after over a year of strict Atkins (with wine, of course my cholesterol levels were rockstar-esque.
ThisTimeIsForKeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #513
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cherry88
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post

As many of you know, I have problems with Stillman's. Every time I reduce my fat that much weird things happen to my body so I am eating low carb and sticking around here to bug all of you! heehee.

Today is the first day of my new life. A wheat, dairy, sugar, alcohol free life that is going to help me get super healthy and super in shape. My first goal is to lose between 60 and 70 pounds and become more flexible.I figure I can do that by the end of October or November Then I will throw in intense weight training and tone my body so that by the summer of 2014 I will be looking so hot that no one will believe I am 49!

I am also going to work harder on getting my next novel written and published and promoting the work I have out there. I am going to be thin, well toned, gorgeous and successful.
Sounds like a great plan!! I also want to lose some initial weight before I really start working out. Today I bought a Walk Away The Pounds DVD from Target. I hope I like it
Will you be joining the gym for intensive weight training ot doing something like p90X?
Cherry88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #514
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTimeIsForKeeps View Post
OK, I made it through DAY 1 without wine...and then consequently, without CLEANING OUT THE ENTIRE REFRIGERATOR. It was amazing to wake up without a hangover...that is MOSTLY because of the bizarre combination of food products I would consume. Seriously, it's probably been over three years since I went without wine on a Sunday night. Now that's worth examining, huh?

OK, enuff about me...back to the "egg" conversation. Atkins' & Gary Taubes' writings frequently address the MYTH of high cholesterol in conjunction with whole egg consumption. They both contend SUGAR is the exacerbator of cholesterol issues. In the absence of sugar -- which is what we are conquering -- egg yolks (along with shellfish and other perceived culprits) are not a problem.

I know (oooops, back to me) that after over a year of strict Atkins (with wine, of course my cholesterol levels were rockstar-esque.
Congratulations with your day one!!

I wholeheartedly agree that eggs do not cause high cholesterol. There is an interesting documentary called Fathead that taught me a lot of the dangers of sugar in all forms (with the exception of some fruits). Things the FDA refuse to acknowledge and it's kind of sad.
Anyhow even with my egg consumption and my weight, my doctors are baffled that I have perfect cholesterol. It's relieving to know that while I am so heavy, I am atleast in okay shape and have a chance to make a change
I had some hot wings and celery for lunch. I'm feeling full and not craving any sugar or carbs. So far so good
Old 04-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hey newbies! Great to have ya!

Congrats to Turan for a clean working weekend! Go you!!!!!!

eating chicken again, go me!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #516
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry88 View Post
Sounds like a great plan!! I also want to lose some initial weight before I really start working out. Today I bought a Walk Away The Pounds DVD from Target. I hope I like it
Will you be joining the gym for intensive weight training ot doing something like p90X?
I have DVDs by Jari Love and one by the American Gladiators (Good eye candy there!) Those I will work on when I get most of the fat off.

Right now I am doing Tai Chi and other martial arts inspired exercises. All DVDs.

bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #517
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
hey newbies! Great to have ya!

Congrats to Turan for a clean working weekend! Go you!!!!!!

eating chicken again, go me!
go you! Congrats Turan
Old 04-30-2013, 04:03 AM   #518
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I have DVDs by Jari Love and one by the American Gladiators (Good eye candy there!) Those I will work on when I get most of the fat off.

Right now I am doing Tai Chi and other martial arts inspired exercises. All DVDs.

Haha! I gotta look into the Gladiators video! I think Tai Chi is awesome. Also very calming for the mind!
Old 04-30-2013, 04:04 AM   #519
Junior LCF Member

So I'm starting my strict Stillman tomorrow. I hope you guys will have a May Stillman's thread. I think you all usually do every month, right?

I have to say goodbye to my non dairy coffee creamer Is fat free creamer okay? What do you guys think of Splenda?

Have a blessed morning, friends!!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:55 AM   #520
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Tuesday morning! Cherry - I drink my coffee black - always have! I'm not much help in that department. Splenda is good just use it sparingly. And yes, there will be a May thread!

I'm off to try to accomplish something today. I won't over do, but I need to get some things done!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:30 AM   #521
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
So I'm starting my strict Stillman tomorrow. I hope you guys will have a May Stillman's thread. I think you all usually do every month, right?

I have to say goodbye to my non dairy coffee creamer Is fat free creamer okay? What do you guys think of Splenda?

Have a blessed morning, friends!!
I use sugar free creamer. I drink 5 shots of espresso in a coffee mug. There is NO WAY I could have that black! NO WAY!

I am having salad etc until my saturday cheat then I will do 3 weeks strict stillmans. I will weigh friday! I HOPE I am in the 60's!
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #522
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Tuesday morning! Cherry - I drink my coffee black - always have! I'm not much help in that department. Splenda is good just use it sparingly. And yes, there will be a May thread!

I'm off to try to accomplish something today. I won't over do, but I need to get some things done!
Great! So excited!! Woot woot!!

I wish I could drink black coffee
Old 04-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #523
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
I use sugar free creamer. I drink 5 shots of espresso in a coffee mug. There is NO WAY I could have that black! NO WAY!

I am having salad etc until my saturday cheat then I will do 3 weeks strict stillmans. I will weigh friday! I HOPE I am in the 60's!
Sugar free creamer? Such a thing exists? Wow lol never knew that. 5 shots of espresso, wow woman!

When I worked in Starbucks, I used to have a 5 shot white mocha latte before my shift. Let's just say after that I was IN THE ZONE lolol
Old 04-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #524
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:

Woohoo BC!!! Now that's an awesome plan and you ARE going to do it, I just know it! I'm working on a similar plan that involves seriously streamlining and optimizing every aspect of my life. We're going to be hot stuff Baby
paleopaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone. Huge welcome to all the newcomers! So glad you found us. Everyone here is really caring and supportive, and posting regularly is great for keeping on track.

Apologies for the radio silence. I'm still on track with the eating plan, but not so much with the regular exercise. It's been an incredibly busy week here with lots going on - all good, but requiring a lot of juggling. Today's our wedding anniversary and unfortunately both hubby and I don't have time to celebrate until the weekend. Oh well, we'll make it count once we get to it.

So who's going to start the May thread tomorrow? Please post on here if you get to it first so we know where to go. Thanks and hope everyone has an awesome day. xx
Old 04-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #526
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sugar free creamer? Such a thing exists? Wow lol never knew that. 5 shots of espresso, wow woman!

When I worked in Starbucks, I used to have a 5 shot white mocha latte before my shift. Let's just say after that I was IN THE ZONE lolol
Wow, I'm pretty sure if I had five shots of espresso at the same time I'd end up in the ER
Old 04-30-2013, 10:53 AM   #527
Senior LCF Member

By the way, if anyone is still doing the NDFAM (no dairy for a month), I will join you starting tomorrow. I really need to take a break from all forms of dairy for a while, even my beloved goat's cheese, as it definitely seems to be stalling me. It's not going to be easy. Sigh.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #528
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post
By the way, if anyone is still doing the NDFAM (no dairy for a month), I will join you starting tomorrow. I really need to take a break from all forms of dairy for a while, even my beloved goat's cheese, as it definitely seems to be stalling me. It's not going to be easy. Sigh.
I have to do ND during May Stillman's. Dairy is a trigger food and it stalls me as well. With ya' sister!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #529
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow, I'm pretty sure if I had five shots of espresso at the same time I'd end up in the ER
It is powerful indeed lol
Old 04-30-2013, 11:51 AM   #530
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I made an error. My telephone company had a list of things I could choose from fro a thank you gift from them and I chose Purdy's chocolates. oops! I will see when I get them - it could take a few weeks.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:51 AM   #531
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi everyone. Huge welcome to all the newcomers! So glad you found us. Everyone here is really caring and supportive, and posting regularly is great for keeping on track.

Apologies for the radio silence. I'm still on track with the eating plan, but not so much with the regular exercise. It's been an incredibly busy week here with lots going on - all good, but requiring a lot of juggling. Today's our wedding anniversary and unfortunately both hubby and I don't have time to celebrate until the weekend. Oh well, we'll make it count once we get to it.

So who's going to start the May thread tomorrow? Please post on here if you get to it first so we know where to go. Thanks and hope everyone has an awesome day. xx
I'll start it.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #532
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Haha! I gotta look into the Gladiators video! I think Tai Chi is awesome. Also very calming for the mind!
I am just learning Tai Chi. I have two DVDs - one by David Carradine and another that is more intense. The second one goes through each movement and breaks the routine into three parts. I am learning.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #533
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Woohoo BC!!! Now that's an awesome plan and you ARE going to do it, I just know it! I'm working on a similar plan that involves seriously streamlining and optimizing every aspect of my life. We're going to be hot stuff Baby
Thank you! I had a bunch of stuff scheduled today but my apartment hasn't had a major cleaning in months so that is what I am doing right now.