Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 04:11 AM   #481
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Friday morning! I woke up feeling half decent - a turn in the right direction! Tomorrow I have a training event that starts at 8:30 and lasts until 2:30. Then my organist has a recital that I need to go to and that starts at 3! I think my sick leave is over! I'm on plan now for two days! We get fed lunch tomorrow but I'm going to take mine.

Gee CC - I've been called many things in my life, but never a sage! I like sage though - I make a cauliflower dish with it.

I'm off to drink a pot of coffee before I get dressed. I've got to go to the office for a bit and then to the grocery store. Have a great day everyone!
I must say your recovery was quick. A sign of improving health perhaps?

LOL my sage, yes you sure are. When my sage plant comes back I should send you some. I love sage, use it in pork, turkey and chicken.

Enjoy your busy day!!!!!!!!!!

Chiropractor for us this morning, the Friday ritual. At least I can tell him I didn't fall down anything this week
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2013, 05:49 AM   #482
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Down .4 today. My husband and I are taking a break from Still tomorrow. I will have been on for almost 3 weeks and I am ready to do all kinds of bad thing thanks to my hormones. It is truly driving me crazy.
Going to plan and shop for my day off before hand so I do not go over board.
The hard part will be getting right back on plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
I am getting sick of dragging these last fifteen pounds around and I'm going to try NO cheese for this coming month. IDK if I will survive...........
No cheese for a month?!?!?!?! Noooooooooooooooo I think I would die.
Quote:
Good Friday morning! I woke up feeling half decent - a turn in the right direction! Tomorrow I have a training event that starts at 8:30 and lasts until 2:30. Then my organist has a recital that I need to go to and that starts at 3! I think my sick leave is over! I'm on plan now for two days! We get fed lunch tomorrow but I'm going to take mine.

Gee CC - I've been called many things in my life, but never a sage! I like sage though - I make a cauliflower dish with it.

I'm off to drink a pot of coffee before I get dressed. I've got to go to the office for a bit and then to the grocery store. Have a great day everyone!
So happy you are feeling much better!
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #483
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
G

Hope you have a washroom close by! I drink two cups of green tea and I am trotting off to the loo every few minutes!

I am another one that is going to give up cheese for a least a month. My weight is jumping up and down but that is b/c of added fat and I have been noshing on raisins.

Sunday no wheat, no dairy. Vegies and protein and the occasional flax. I am always making adjustments to make this work for me.

have a great day everyone. I am off to do my monthly grocery shopping.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #484
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jcslim
Yay! Friday going to the movies tonight and I am going to drink lots of water before and during and I just read up on how movie butter popcorn is gross so I will use this knowledge to my advantage does anyone here use porkrinds? I never did but people use it for a low carb substitute for so many dishes. Ok this morning egg white omelette salt pepper topped with chives. Lunch roast beef slices and a cup of lettuce dinner lemon pepper tilapia with a med. Salad oh and then movies I should be full I hope 0have a great fay and night on plan ladies! xx
Jcslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #485
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcslim View Post
Yay! Friday going to the movies tonight and I am going to drink lots of water before and during and I just read up on how movie butter popcorn is gross so I will use this knowledge to my advantage does anyone here use porkrinds? I never did but people use it for a low carb substitute for so many dishes. Ok this morning egg white omelette salt pepper topped with chives. Lunch roast beef slices and a cup of lettuce dinner lemon pepper tilapia with a med. Salad oh and then movies I should be full I hope 0have a great fay and night on plan ladies! xx
have fun!
bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #486
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
CC and BC - I would join you in NCFAM (no cheese for a month) but some low fat swiss followed me home from the store today. It worked so hard running behind my car with its little cheese legs that I'm just going to have to eat a slice every now and again. On my 90% lean ground beef with mushrooms.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #487
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Made it to my hotel! I had eggs and some bacon at the airport but was DYING to eat everything at Au bon Pain. THEY ARE EVIL!! All I could smell was baked YUMMY goods all of my trigger foods. I had the bacon to avoid going crazy. They are taking me out for dinner so I asked to eat sea food after my rehearsal. I am really starting to notice my weight loss so I don't want to screw up. I am still planning a cheat on Saturday May 4th but I want to get as low as I can before that. I also will weigh myself and see where I am. I was 286 Feb 21st when I started this journey so I am hoping to be in the 260's for SURE!
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #488
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
CC and BC - I would join you in NCFAM (no cheese for a month) but some low fat swiss followed me home from the store today. It worked so hard running behind my car with its little cheese legs that I'm just going to have to eat a slice every now and again. On my 90% lean ground beef with mushrooms.
THIS MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD!!
Old 04-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #489
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
If it follows you home you have to keep it. I am going dairy free for a while so that is why I won't be having cheese.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[quote=BrattyS;16394691]Down .4 today. My husband and I are taking a break from Still tomorrow. I will have been on for almost 3 weeks and I am ready to do all kinds of bad thing thanks to my hormones. It is truly driving me crazy.
Going to plan and shop for my day off before hand so I do not go over board.
The hard part will be getting right back on plan.

No cheese for a month?!?!?!?! Noooooooooooooooo I think I would die.
QUOTE]

Bratt, have you considered evening primrose oil! As for the cheese, I know I will prolly cave but let's see.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcslim View Post
mmmmmm roast beeeeeeeeeeef...........pork rinds rock but then you wind up making dip

Quote:
actually, swiss is a good choice, it's the lowest in sodium of most cheeses and lower fat because it's a harder cheese....enjoy! Too funny, cheese legs!
I think I have those! at least cheese thighss for sure!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
Made it to my hotel! I had eggs and some bacon at the airport but was DYING to eat everything at Au bon Pain. THEY ARE EVIL!! All I could smell was baked YUMMY goods all of my trigger foods. I had the bacon to avoid going crazy. They are taking me out for dinner so I asked to eat sea food after my rehearsal. I am really starting to notice my weight loss so I don't want to screw up. I am still planning a cheat on Saturday May 4th but I want to get as low as I can before that. I also will weigh myself and see where I am. I was 286 Feb 21st when I started this journey so I am hoping to be in the 260's for SURE!
Turan, where are you now? Nice work on avoiding bon Pan, just remember how grain/flour is poison.........works for me.....is mom with you? or DH?
Old 04-27-2013, 03:27 AM   #491
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Saturday morning! My busy Saturday is about to begin. Joy. I made tuna salad to take for lunch. I also have some peppers to munch on. I don't know what is being served but I'm in the groove and I'm not going to get side tracked! Have a great day!
Old 04-27-2013, 04:33 AM   #492
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Chilly!

Good plan, Mim! I should follow suit so I don't fall for wings at the market. Hmmmmmm...

Have a great day!
Old 04-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #493
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Coriann1
Stats: (178/163/130
WOE: Stillman's diet
Start Date: March 2013
Extreme Stillmans

Hey guys!
I am just now joining low carb friends but I have been looking on the website for many tips already. I was on the Adkins/low carb diet off and on for about 2 months now. I lost 10 lbs but then I got stuck 167. I was eating very fatty foods like bacon, heavy whipping cream, steak, and cream cheese. Then I found the Stillman diet! I was very excited to start! I lost some weight and went down to 160 lbs. I pigged out today, so I will probably weigh 163 in the morning. I am going to start fresh in the morning, but I am going to do hardcore stillmans, because I see that it works a lot quicker and better than the normal stillmans. I am only going to eat lean chicken and a few eggs everyday. I am going to drink at least a gallon of water a day. I will drink unsweetened tea but no coffee. Oh and I will have a multivitamin. I want to lose 30 lbs in 5 weeks from tommorow. I believe I can do it if I don't mess up! I just want to be skinny on May 31. I just want to be thin! I have never been below 155 lbs! But I just want to finally be skinny!
Coriann1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #494
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cori! Stay strong, you will lose at least 20 in that time!
Old 04-28-2013, 03:31 AM   #495
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday morning! Wow - yesterday wiped me out. I was so tired by the time I got home that I couldn't do anything. I went to bed early and woke up a pound heavier! I'm fine - just a minor bump - I ate on plan so the pound is just a normal fluctuation and will right itself.

Coriann - I'm glad you are here! Weekends are kinda slow but we will get to posting again come Monday! 30 pounds in 5 weeks at your current weight is a tall order. But you might do it. I'm with CC - you can count on at least 20!

How did everyone's Saturday go?
Old 04-28-2013, 03:52 AM   #496
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Mim! Up early like me I see! And I was up late, too! Kittiy alarm clock waits for no woman!

We stayed up watching 'My Cat From Hell' episodes..........DH was all teary by the time eleven o'clock rolled around.........when we move we might be dog shopping. He had Danes years ago but they have such short lives, he can't bear to be burying any more now. He mentioned a Border Collie for the new farm.......
Old 04-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #497
Senior LCF Member

Made it though the weekend without eating ANYTHING bad!! I only ate proteins. Maybe more fat than usual but here in Charlotte there were MANY MANY MANY temptations. Great concert and on my way home.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #498
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cherry88
Hello friends!

My name is Marcy and I've been a lurker on and off for years. I've finally decided to join as I find you all to be very wonderful and supportive.
I just wanted to say hello and I hope you all have a wonderful April and do awesome for the remainder of the month.
I'm winding myself up for May! Right now I'm doing sort of an "Atkins Induction" to prepare myself for the shock of Stillman's. I plan to stay on for as long as I can!
My weight is well over 300lbs. Honestly I just want to be able to go to Disney world with my son and fit on a plain and on some rides. I know I can't be skinny in 2 months. Right not I am a size 26-28, I would really love to be a size 20-22 for a mini goal

Much love and thank you for reading <3
Cherry88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #499
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry88 View Post
Hello friends!

My name is Marcy and I've been a lurker on and off for years. I've finally decided to join as I find you all to be very wonderful and supportive.
I just wanted to say hello and I hope you all have a wonderful April and do awesome for the remainder of the month.
I'm winding myself up for May! Right now I'm doing sort of an "Atkins Induction" to prepare myself for the shock of Stillman's. I plan to stay on for as long as I can!
My weight is well over 300lbs. Honestly I just want to be able to go to Disney world with my son and fit on a plain and on some rides. I know I can't be skinny in 2 months. Right not I am a size 26-28, I would really love to be a size 20-22 for a mini goal

You can do it! You have great motivation and lots of support here! It is great to meet you btw.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #500
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Domoglo
Hi everyone,

I have been following this thread for the past few days and am motivated to lose weight just like the rest of you. In two years I had two kids who are only 13 months apart and have gained tons of baby weight in the process. My loving husband has never pressured me to lose weight although I know he would be very happy if I did. I'm returning to work in about two months and would like to feel good and confident about myself.

Current wgt: 168lb
Pre-preg wgt: 121lb
Target after 4 weeks: 154lb

Good luck and stay motivated everyone! I'll try to report back every week
Domoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #501
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
You can do it! You have great motivation and lots of support here! It is great to meet you btw.
Thank you!
Old 04-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #502
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LisaC
WOE: Stillman
I have been looking for some support for the Stillman diet plan. I plan on starting the quick start plan tomorrow for a few days (protein only) then follow the regular plan. It is going to be tough. I am going to need a lot of support. This thread looks like it has a lot of great support and motivation. Would it be ok if I joined in?
LisaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #503
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 5'7" ***/**/125
Start Date: September 10, 2013
Quote:

Marcy...your post touched me to the core. I'm back on here after changing nutrition plans six times since I logged on at the beginning of April and I haven't lost a pound. In retrospect, I should be grateful I didn't gain a ton after all the emotional and compulsive eating I've done. For me, it sadly boils down to the fact that my biggest weakness isn't sugar or fat, it's WINE and then after one glass... Nothing is off limits and oh well, tomorrow is another day. So this morning, I knocked on my neighbor's door and handed her three bottles of Cabernet *sniff*. Time to get serious about what's really going on with me!

I am so proud of your courage and we ALL want you to sit next to your son on the flight to Orlando and enjoy "Space Mountain" and all the joys of Mickey's Magic Kingdom. I've taken my 5 year old son to Disneyland three times this year and your goal is a MUST DO!!!

I feel so passionately about "what you dream to achieve" that I pledge to hold your hand every step of the way. We all are here for you...and in turn, just help me stay strong when 6PM rolls around and old habits kick in...remind me to reach for seltzer water instead; honestly I know I can stick to this and finally feel proud of myself!

xoxo, Jenna

Last edited by ThisTimeIsForKeeps; 04-28-2013 at 02:56 PM..
ThisTimeIsForKeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #504
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTimeIsForKeeps View Post
Marcy...your post touched me to the core. I'm back on here after changing nutrition plans six times since I logged on at the beginning of April and I haven't lost a pound. In retrospect, I should be grateful I didn't gain a ton after all the emotional and compulsive eating I've done. For me, it sadly boils down to the fact that my biggest weakness isn't sugar or fat, it's WINE and then after one glass... Nothing is off limits and oh well, tomorrow is another day. So this morning, I knocked on my neighbor's door and handed her three bottles of Cabernet *sniff*. Time to get serious about what's really going on with me!

I am so proud of your courage and we ALL want you to sit next to your son on the flight to Orlando and enjoy "Space Mountain" and all the joys of Mickey's Magic Kingdom. I've taken my 5 year old son to Disneyland three times this year and your goal is a MUST DO!!!

I feel so passionately about "what you dream to achieve" that I pledge to hold your hand every step of the way. We all are here for you...and in turn, just help me stay strong when 6PM rolls around and old habits kick in...remind me to reach for seltzer water instead; honestly I know I can stick to this and finally feel proud of myself!

xoxo, Jenna
Jenna,

I type this response with my eyes blurry from my tears. Thank you so much for your response. I know there is a lot of love here and a lot of big hearts.
That was so brave of you to give away that wine! Seltzer water isn't quite the same but still very tasty no less! I love the orange flavor
I am an emotional eater/stress eater. I medicate myself with food and frankly, I am sick of it. I am ready to kick off the Summer in a healthier body!
I will be here to remind you of the fight when the going gets tough.

God Bless
Old 04-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #505
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello friends!

MARCY!! WELCOME!!! I am so happy that you have found us. EVERYONE here is SO incredibly supportive and you WILL lose wight especially if you keep posting. I started Atkins and did low carb off an on for a few years. I started at 395!! YOU CAN DO THIS!

I switched to Stillman with salad and I am trying to get to my goal of 220-230!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #506
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LisaC
Marcy, I can so relate. It is so hard to lose weight. I have been on every diet out there and I even had lap band surgery back in 2011 and I am still struggling to lose this weight. I have a husband and 2 teens and I am the only one with a weight problem. I get no support from them whatsoever. I am basically on my own. That is why I have been trying to find a good support group online. I decided on this one. Everyone here seems so supportive. So tomorrow I start the Stillman's diet and I am determined to make this my last diet. Take care.

Lisa
LisaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #507
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 5'7" ***/**/125
Start Date: September 10, 2013
Quote:
Jenna,

I type this response with my eyes blurry from my tears. Thank you so much for your response. I know there is a lot of love here and a lot of big hearts.
That was so brave of you to give away that wine! Seltzer water isn't quite the same but still very tasty no less! I love the orange flavor
I am an emotional eater/stress eater. I medicate myself with food and frankly, I am sick of it. I am ready to kick off the Summer in a healthier body!
I will be here to remind you of the fight when the going gets tough.

God Bless
OK SISTAS, we've GOT THIS! Just had orange seltzer (thx Marcy!) and tilapia and while a giant glass of red wine would be awesome (Oh, who am I kidding...it would be the whole bottle and then my poor child's box of donut holes would mysteriously disappear too ), I'm just gonna hit the hay at 9PM and sleep away the temptation. YIPEE!
ThisTimeIsForKeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:06 AM   #508
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Domoglo
Eggs?

I have a question, the qwl list says that we can eat as much eggs and lean meat as we want until we are satisfied. Would it cause weight gain instead since we are eating so much calories?

And can we actually eat so many eggs in a day? I'm worried about the cholesterol levels from all the egg yolks?

Or should I count the calories and limit how much I eat as well? This is my first time on the diet and I hope to get it right.

This is what I had so far:
Bf :2 hb eggs
Lunch: 2 chicken breasts and 1hb egg
Snack: 1 hb egg
Dinner: either fish or 2 chicken breasts

Is this too much???

Thank you all and have a wonderful week!
Domoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:12 AM   #509
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Monday morning! I did nothing after church yesterday but rest. Today I'll take a walk and do some light work - trying to build my strength up.

CC - I had Great danes too. They are the best dogs ever! My last one was a mix. Her mother was purebred and her father was a sneaky little white dog that jumped the fence. She lived 15 years! I am so ready for another dog and can't wait to live someplace where I can have one. I've been looking at American Bulldog rescue.

Marcy - you have come to the right place! We will help you see both short term goals and long term goals. We are in this together!

Domoglo - my dd's first two are close like yours. That takes a lot of work! You will get lots of energy following Stillman's. Don't worry about cholesterol. The diet is very healthy and after you have been on in a few months you can have blood work done to see for yourself that your numbers are great! Eat until you are full. Don't worry about calories, just eat from the allowed foods.

Welcome, Lisa! Yup! We offer lots of support here. We all want to reach goal and to help others reach goal.

Jenna - congratulations on identifying the culprit - wine and doing something about it! Come here often for lots of support.

Turan - you are such an inspiration! Traveling and staying on plan is not easy. Thanks for showing us the way!

Speaking of eggs - I think I'll go scramble some! Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:26 AM   #510
Junior LCF Member

Good morning all!

I think I'm going to have some eggs as well (with bacon while I am able to still enjoy it) May is literally right around the corner and I can't wait!! For now I am just weaning myself off sugars for the next 2 days

hope you all have a wonderful day today