Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Mmm salmon cakes sounds good. I may have that for dinner!
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #422
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jcslim
Beautiful Sunday everyone! I am going to wait till after Tom comes and goes before I get back on track my hormones are all out of wack and I feel hungry super hungry which is not a shock considering it happens every month and I'm tired I am going out for some sushi with my mom tonight I will eat brown rice instead of white and use low sodium soy sauce oh and definately drink lots and lots of green tea Thank you ladies my boyfriend is a sweetheart
my mom loves him she gave me the approval look Lol my dad sees things differently because I will always be daddys lil girl Lol for all you blonde beauties my boyfriend is blonde with blue eyes very fair he burns then tans I must say I love love blue eyes! !!! Well I hope mim and c c feel better soon! I am not weighing in until Friday xx
Jcslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
mmmm suuuuushiii

enjoy jc!!!!!!!!!!!

too lazy, did the chicken (it was already made).

listing like mad on ebay, have a great night all.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
mmmm suuuuushiii

enjoy jc!!!!!!!!!!!

too lazy, did the chicken (it was already made).

listing like mad on ebay, have a great night all.
I don't like CHICKEN! What do you sell on ebay?
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Made it through another day! I really really am having a BAD TOM! I want to eat junk like crazy!! I am holding on until May 4th. My cravings are HORRIFIC but I refuse to give in. I want to make goal by JULY before my BIG birthday!

I am having salad every day. It's helping me feel better. A HUGE HUGE HUGE bowl of romaine lettuce with turkey bacon, bacon bits, 2 tbs of parm cheese, 2 TBS of Cesar salad dressing. I love it!! I'm not sure why it makes me feel better but I don't cheat when I eat it.

I also had some 96% lean ground beef today. I much prefer beef to chicken.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #426
Junior LCF Member

July birthday. Turan My birthday is in July on the 25 th I had shrimp terriyaki and brown rice a. A small bowl of edamame and a advocado salad and oh four cups of green tea! my mom eats raw sushi I really don't care for it only cooked. Turan my dad makes awesome salads this one is my favourite of his one advocado cubed a small can of pineapple tid bits drained chopped fresh cilantro cubed ham or Canadian style bacon and some greens mix it with some pineapple juice not syrup and lime juice some salt and pepper it is real good c c have you ever made jerk chicken it is low carb and tasty too xx to all I have some sewing to do I feel very inspired tonight my mom always makes me feel awesome I love her so much! ::
Old 04-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcslim View Post
July birthday. Turan My birthday is in July on the 25 th
June 26 here!

When I was in my late teens I quit smoking dope and doing drugs b/c I got bored with it. Ten years ago, I quit smoking b/c I got bored with it. Last night when I was having some rum I realized that I am getting bored with that too! That will help my weight loss quitting that. Now if I could just get bored with sweets!

bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
June 26 here!
June 28th here

Just have to post a quick note about the stills-friendly, stevia-sweetened marshmallows I made tonight. We ate half of them before I even got them spread out on a plate to set, but they should be even better once they've dried out a little. I won't post the recipe unless anyone specifically asks since they're a ton of work to make, but let's just say I was glad to discover them right before PMS starts kicking in!

Hope everyone has a good week ahead.
paleopaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #429
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
I am having salad every day. It's helping me feel better. A HUGE HUGE HUGE bowl of romaine lettuce with turkey bacon, bacon bits, 2 tbs of parm cheese, 2 TBS of Cesar salad dressing. I love it!! I'm not sure why it makes me feel better but I don't cheat when I eat it.

I also had some 96% lean ground beef today. I much prefer beef to chicken.
Ditto on all counts. My big mixed greens salad feels like a total indulgence and it's not even as fancy as yours. As for chicken, it almost makes me gag at the moment. I'm having more luck staying on track with beef, lean pork and seafood.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:01 AM   #430
Senior LCF Member

JULY 18th will be my 38th PLUS 2 years (can't even type that number yet) Birthday! I MUST be at goal by then

Quote:
July birthday. Turan My birthday is in July on the 25 th I had shrimp terriyaki and brown rice a. A small bowl of edamame and a advocado salad and oh four cups of green tea! my mom eats raw sushi I really don't care for it only cooked. Turan my dad makes awesome salads this one is my favourite of his one advocado cubed a small can of pineapple tid bits drained chopped fresh cilantro cubed ham or Canadian style bacon and some greens mix it with some pineapple juice not syrup and lime juice some salt and pepper it is real good c c have you ever made jerk chicken it is low carb and tasty too xx to all I have some sewing to do I feel very inspired tonight my mom always makes me feel awesome I love her so much! ::
I am very close to my Mom too. We LITERALLY talk 8 or 9 times a day!! When she retires she will live with us. My husband WORSHIPS her! It's very sweet! I don't eat avocado but the salad sounds great.

Quote:
June 26 here!

When I was in my late teens I quit smoking dope and doing drugs b/c I got bored with it. Ten years ago, I quit smoking b/c I got bored with it. Last night when I was having some rum I realized that I am getting bored with that too! That will help my weight loss quitting that. Now if I could just get bored with sweets!

I want to get bored with bad food PERIOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post
June 28th here

Just have to post a quick note about the stills-friendly, stevia-sweetened marshmallows I made tonight. We ate half of them before I even got them spread out on a plate to set, but they should be even better once they've dried out a little. I won't post the recipe unless anyone specifically asks since they're a ton of work to make, but let's just say I was glad to discover them right before PMS starts kicking in!

Hope everyone has a good week ahead.
YAY! Another CANCER!! YAY!! I wish I lived near you!! I LOVE LOVE marshmallows

Quote:
Ditto on all counts. My big mixed greens salad feels like a total indulgence and it's not even as fancy as yours. As for chicken, it almost makes me gag at the moment. I'm having more luck staying on track with beef, lean pork and seafood.
Yes, chicken makes me CHEAT like crazy!! I can't STAND IT anymore!! But for whatever reason the salad makes me feel satisfied! THAT will be my daily meal. Also beef, pork and fish! SAME!!!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:39 AM   #431
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Readytolose60
Stats: 196/181/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 1/26/2013
Day 8
Hey guys...so I'm one week 2 now of strict stillmans. I had one Cheat meal last night. Consisting of yougart, beans, mashed potatoes, and tomato stew. I'm back on again, and going strong. Pretty good huh! Yeah I have a baby and was feeling so irritable and weak so needed to add a cheat. Otherwise, I'm dropping... very happy. I feel so good to be doing so well, and I choose to eat one meal to help my mood. Anyway I'm serious about my goals. When I'm down from 180 to 170, I hope in the near future...I will begin my jogging to drop off my last 20lbs. Any advice for moods, irritability and tiredness on this diet? Already taking one vitamin daily. Hope everyone has a rockin week!

Last edited by Readytolose60; 04-22-2013 at 04:41 AM..
Readytolose60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:19 AM   #432
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Monday morning! My grandgirls go back tomorrow morning. We have had a good time despite the fact that I've been so sick. They have enjoyed the down time, lots of snuggles and playing with their toys here. I feel frustrated because I had planned a day at a really amazing park, and maybe a movie, but they don't know what i had planned, so they don't miss it. They just love me and being with me. And I'm feeling so much better this morning. Still tired but the cough is much better. I am looking forward to being on plan Wednesday.

Have a great Monday!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:33 AM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Down 1 pound today. Still feeling great on plan, very little struggling. Praying it stays this way.

Quote:
JULY 18th will be my 38th PLUS 2 years (can't even type that number yet) Birthday! I MUST be at goal by then

Yes, chicken makes me CHEAT like crazy!! I can't STAND IT anymore!! But for whatever reason the salad makes me feel satisfied! THAT will be my daily meal. Also beef, pork and fish! SAME!!!
I just turned that awful number. I told everyone that it was just for one day
then I go back to 29.
I used to HATE chicken. 6 years of on and off Stills with do that to you! This time around I have been cubing my chicken and throwing into a fry pan with Red Hot's buffalo sauce. Cook it till it has some dark brown crunchy bits on it. Yum! Sometimes I had a couple tablespoons of cheddar to melt on it. It has worked fabulous for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readytolose60 View Post
Day 8
Hey guys...so I'm one week 2 now of strict stillmans. I had one Cheat meal last night. Consisting of yougart, beans, mashed potatoes, and tomato stew. I'm back on again, and going strong. Pretty good huh! Yeah I have a baby and was feeling so irritable and weak so needed to add a cheat. Otherwise, I'm dropping... very happy. I feel so good to be doing so well, and I choose to eat one meal to help my mood. Anyway I'm serious about my goals. When I'm down from 180 to 170, I hope in the near future...I will begin my jogging to drop off my last 20lbs. Any advice for moods, irritability and tiredness on this diet? Already taking one vitamin daily. Hope everyone has a rockin week!
That is pretty good. Best wishes for week 2! You are doing great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Monday morning! My grandgirls go back tomorrow morning. We have had a good time despite the fact that I've been so sick. They have enjoyed the down time, lots of snuggles and playing with their toys here. I feel frustrated because I had planned a day at a really amazing park, and maybe a movie, but they don't know what i had planned, so they don't miss it. They just love me and being with me. And I'm feeling so much better this morning. Still tired but the cough is much better. I am looking forward to being on plan Wednesday.

Have a great Monday!
So glad you got to have some wonderful time with your grand daughters. And that you are feeling better. My husband had it 2 years ago. I swear he coughed for 2 months. I felt terrible for him.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 04-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #434
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I will be 48 in June and I am proud of it. I don't have a problem with getting older.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I will be 48 in June and I am proud of it. I don't have a problem with getting older.
I'll be 43 in June and it's not a problem for me either. Actually, for me turning 30 was a way bigger mental transition than turning 40. I love being this age and feeling so much more confident in who I am as a person, while still able to enjoy my life on a physical level as well.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #436
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I used to HATE chicken. 6 years of on and off Stills with do that to you! This time around I have been cubing my chicken and throwing into a fry pan with Red Hot's buffalo sauce. Cook it till it has some dark brown crunchy bits on it. Yum! Sometimes I had a couple tablespoons of cheddar to melt on it. It has worked fabulous for me.
Well done on sticking with the plan so diligently. I may have to try an idea like yours for jazzing up the chicken as I have several lbs of VERY expensive organic, free-range chicken breast in the freezer and no-one in the family, including me, wants to eat it. I've made so many stews, fajitas, a-la-king, etc. etc., that we're all burned out on it I think. Wow, I'm sure there are many hungry families in the world who would love to have a problem like ours.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #437
Senior LCF Member

Soooo not in the mood to work out or do anything today - I'm not even hungry! I didn't get the the greatest sleep last night and I have deadlines and a to-do list as long as my arm that I'm really struggling to get through. A hike in the woods would probably help me reset my motivation, so I'm going to try and get one in this afternoon. It's an absolutely gorgeous day here, so there's really no excuse. Sigh.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #438
Junior LCF Member

I am making one of my favourite Italian salads called Insalada Caprese its on a bed of romaine topped with fresh mozzarella, roasted red pepper and fresh basil , olive oil and salt and pepper its low carb and high in calcium and it goes great with grilled shrimp my moms birthday is June 27 she is a cancer as well. I nick named her lil crabby patty ! All I can say is being raised by a mom with the sun sign cancer is amazing she is very supportive of my endeavours and is happy being mom to me and my older brother Her family is her priority and she is very close with her mom too! I hope everyone enjoys their healthy meals xx
Old 04-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #439
Junior LCF Member

Mim I am glad you're feeling better being a grandmother makes you very happy ! Your grandchildren are very lucky for such a sweet grandma!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:39 AM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Readytolose60
Stats: 196/181/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 1/26/2013
How do you know we're losing weight, like fat, instead of water?? Cause I want to lose my fat...?? Day 9! Going strong, and glad to be dropping. It's not easy, but it's better feeling this way then feeling gross...I mean like I seem to suck at having self control so I eat and eat and eat and then feel horrible....so I'd rather feel this way-having self control. Anyway, have you guys kept off the weight you've lost? Do you notice the weight in the mirror or is it just water? Cause I don't see it in my body...but the scale says so. Hmm....thoughts? Hope everyone has a great day!
Readytolose60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:32 AM   #441
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Quote:
I'll be 43 in June and it's not a problem for me either. Actually, for me turning 30 was a way bigger mental transition than turning 40. I love being this age and feeling so much more confident in who I am as a person, while still able to enjoy my life on a physical level as well.
I am PROUD to have LIVED long enough to reach that number. Many people have not and I am PROUD to be here. However, I am in SHOW BUSINESS remember and getting older is harder for us.
Quote:
I am making one of my favourite Italian salads called Insalada Caprese its on a bed of romaine topped with fresh mozzarella, roasted red pepper and fresh basil , olive oil and salt and pepper its low carb and high in calcium and it goes great with grilled shrimp my moms birthday is June 27 she is a cancer as well. I nick named her lil crabby patty ! All I can say is being raised by a mom with the sun sign cancer is amazing she is very supportive of my endeavours and is happy being mom to me and my older brother Her family is her priority and she is very close with her mom too! I hope everyone enjoys their healthy meals xx
I find cancers to be very loving, and VERY nurturing!! Your salad sounds GREAT! YUMMY!

Quote:
How do you know we're losing weight, like fat, instead of water?? Cause I want to lose my fat...?? Day 9! Going strong, and glad to be dropping. It's not easy, but it's better feeling this way then feeling gross...I mean like I seem to suck at having self control so I eat and eat and eat and then feel horrible....so I'd rather feel this way-having self control. Anyway, have you guys kept off the weight you've lost? Do you notice the weight in the mirror or is it just water? Cause I don't see it in my body...but the scale says so. Hmm....thoughts? Hope everyone has a great day!
I think you lose water FIRST! That's why you need to drink so much water! I know for sure I am losing FAT now because my clothes are so so much bigger and I am down almost 20 lbs, so that can't be water anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post

Have a great Monday!
Can you get some Codeine?? If you can PLEASE get it! It will stop the cough!! Any codeine cough syrup!!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:44 AM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

Today is my 2 week weigh in. I can not believe I made it two weeks with NO cheats. I have not done that in a long time. This week my loss was 3 lbs.
Total loss for 2 weeks is 12.4 lbs
I am over the moo happy about it. My goal is 3 pounds a week/12 lbs a month. I hit that in 2 weeks.

Quote:
I think the 3 or 4 days is mostly water. The rest is fat. I could be wrong tho!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #443
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am PROUD to have LIVED long enough to reach that number. Many people have not and I am PROUD to be here. However, I am in SHOW BUSINESS remember and getting older is harder for us.
I find cancers to be very loving, and VERY nurturing!! Your salad sounds GREAT! YUMMY!

I wasn't criticizing you at all. I may not be in your branch of show business but what I get from people all the time is: at your age you don't have kids? you have never been married? you are still not a success with your books? how long have you been doing that? don't you think you should give up? it's not going to happen. what have you been doing with your life? And so on. You get the picture. so being proud of my age is kind of a rebellious act too!

Glad you think I am loving and nurturing. I'll take a compliment like that anytime.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #444
Junior LCF Member

Congratulations Bratty s and ready to lose I am waiting for Tom to vanish before I begin a more restrictive plan. Although I am keeping track of my carbs I did indulge in my chocolove bar I shared it with my boyfriend and some raw almonds I also had some baked snap peas I will still eat healthy and just give into healthy cravings Lol no doritos and con queso salsa for me! So this time next month I plan to do the same I am so tired and can't wait till I feel like me
again . I hope everyone is doing super awesome ! xx
Old 04-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #445
Junior LCF Member

Bc I think people mean well but what it really boils down to its your life and live it the way you want and what makes you
happy marriage and kids are beautiful but its not everything that makes person who they are. Many people in their 30s and 40s are happy single without kids. If your happy that is what matters most!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Bc I think people mean well but what it really boils down to its your life and live it the way you want and what makes you
happy marriage and kids are beautiful but its not everything that makes person who they are. Many people in their 30s and 40s are happy single without kids. If your happy that is what matters most!
Thank you Jc. It was worse when I was in my thirties. Now that I have been diagnosed with MS and things are starting to happen with my books, people aren't as insistent on why I don't have children. Though many think I should be more of a success with my writing while others applaud my commitment to it. (Sometimes I think I should be committed! )
Old 04-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #447
Junior LCF Member

MS oh my I hope that you are taking good care of yourself bc and your writing will be on your time not on anyone elses.
I am so glad that you are here just keep healthy. If you need to rant about these rude people I am all ears Lol
Old 04-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #448
Senior LCF Member

I was just researching eating wheat free and the benefits thereof. Sure a lot of controversy and everything is saying to eat grass fed, free range meat. I can't afford that! Do all of you eat that meat?
Old 04-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #449
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I was just researching eating wheat free and the benefits thereof. Sure a lot of controversy and everything is saying to eat grass fed, free range meat. I can't afford that! Do all of you eat that meat?
We eat almost all grass-fed and/or free-range meat for a variety of reasons, but yes, it is quite expensive. I tend to buy in bulk from local sources and prepare almost everything we eat myself, except for a few trusted restaurants we sometimes go to. Food probably takes up a much bigger percentage of our budget than most families I think, but I'm making more of an effort to keep costs reasonable lately.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #450
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
We eat almost all grass-fed and/or free-range meat for a variety of reasons, but yes, it is quite expensive. I tend to buy in bulk from local sources and prepare almost everything we eat myself, except for a few trusted restaurants we sometimes go to. Food probably takes up a much bigger percentage of our budget than most families I think, but I'm making more of an effort to keep costs reasonable lately.
I don't even eat out unless I am with my parents and they are taking me out or a friend who has money takes me for lunch. I don't think foregoing grass fed meat is going to hurt me all that much. Do you?