Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcslim View Post
You guys are an awesome bunch ! Thanks I appreciate it I will go bowling get some exercise! and eat a chicken grilled and a small house salad I know just the place to go I may never be skinny but I can be happy! xx love to all!
HANG ON GIRL!!! We are here for you.
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
you are a great support. Thank you.
bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #393
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jcslim
Turan OREO cookies double stuff are my favourite! Lets both start over I had nachos and cheese and French fries with cheese ! I am a stress eater and was I stressed we went bowling a couple friends and a few of their friends I did not know. My boyfriend was bowling a perfect game and while he was sitting waiting his next turn this blonde skinny thing sat on his lap he said politely I have a girlfriend and I don't appreciate that you just plopped on my lap she did not know him or me but was a friend of a friend she must of been drunk but he put me on his lap and said this is Jade my girlfriend well she looked mortified being he is blonde and blue eyed and I am a mix of Chinese and African American . I stressed out and ate and ate can you blame me Lol he is watching the news about the terrorist acting all calm and I want OREOS double stuff I am glad I went I just need a better coping mechanism . I get jealous and it needs to stop so I can control this out of control eating. I am going to build a Zen bubble
Jcslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #394
Junior LCF Member

Bc that is a fantastic idea to add low carb veggies and lean protein for fresh clean start I am going in that route eating just meat was so boring it is too restrictive and I think I can handle a small salad with a low carb dressing on the side . I never really knew how difficult Stillmans is until I tried it for myself I give an applause to all that can stick it through with the QWL strict diet
Old 04-20-2013, 05:01 AM   #395
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Readytolose60
Stats: 196/181/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 1/26/2013
Hey everyone!
Day6 today...how's everyone doing?? So...I'm feeling a little tired. I think I need to increase my calories a bit....
But I am almost down a week. Yay!! What else helps with adding a bit more mental/physical energy? Hope you all have a great weekend. Anyone do weights or some cardio while on strict stillmans?
Readytolose60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:07 AM   #396
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Saturday morning! I have pneumonia. And I have my three grand girls - ages 5, 4, 2.5! Needles to say, it has been a a rough several days. But I'm on the mend and am actually looking forward to eating on plan. My middle granddaughter loves "steak". So I made tenderloin for them - I had some in my freezer. They all gobbled it up! They will be very expensive dates! That is if their daddy ever lets them date!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #397
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Going to six flags today! We get season tickets every year and try to go as many weekends as we can. It is only 30 minutes away and it is a blast to bring the kids. LOTS of walking and Smoked Turkey legs for dinner!

Quote:
You guys are an awesome bunch ! Thanks I appreciate it I will go bowling get some exercise! and eat a chicken grilled and a small house salad I know just the place to go I may never be skinny but I can be happy! xx love to all!
Keep that mind set and one day you will be happy and skinny.
Quote:
Turan OREO cookies double stuff are my favourite! Lets both start over I had nachos and cheese and French fries with cheese ! I am a stress eater and was I stressed we went bowling a couple friends and a few of their friends I did not know. My boyfriend was bowling a perfect game and while he was sitting waiting his next turn this blonde skinny thing sat on his lap he said politely I have a girlfriend and I don't appreciate that you just plopped on my lap she did not know him or me but was a friend of a friend she must of been drunk but he put me on his lap and said this is Jade my girlfriend well she looked mortified being he is blonde and blue eyed and I am a mix of Chinese and African American . I stressed out and ate and ate can you blame me Lol he is watching the news about the terrorist acting all calm and I want OREOS double stuff I am glad I went I just need a better coping mechanism . I get jealous and it needs to stop so I can control this out of control eating. I am going to build a Zen bubble
Sounds like you got a good guy. He wants you and he is not afraid to let everyone know it. Don't be jealous. It causes way too much stress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readytolose60 View Post
Hey everyone!
Day6 today...how's everyone doing?? So...I'm feeling a little tired. I think I need to increase my calories a bit....
But I am almost down a week. Yay!! What else helps with adding a bit more mental/physical energy? Hope you all have a great weekend. Anyone do weights or some cardio while on strict stillmans?
Way to go stay on! Are you taking vitamin supplements? I take tons of them to balance out what I am not eating. I know there were several people that worked out while on Stillmans. I just recently started trying to do the couch to 5k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Saturday morning! I have pneumonia. And I have my three grand girls - ages 5, 4, 2.5! Needles to say, it has been a a rough several days. But I'm on the mend and am actually looking forward to eating on plan. My middle granddaughter loves "steak". So I made tenderloin for them - I had some in my freezer. They all gobbled it up! They will be very expensive dates! That is if their daddy ever lets them date!
Oh no! I hope you recover quickly! Not easy to do with three little ones running around. Take care of yourself.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #398
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Bc that is a fantastic idea to add low carb veggies and lean protein for fresh clean start I am going in that route eating just meat was so boring it is too restrictive and I think I can handle a small salad with a low carb dressing on the side . I never really knew how difficult Stillmans is until I tried it for myself I give an applause to all that can stick it through with the QWL strict diet
I will probably be more Dukan than Stillman's but that's okay. Whatever gets the weight off.

And congrats on such a great guy! You deserve it and more. He stuck by you, no need to get stressed.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Feel better soon!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #400
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Another thing to remember. Those blonde, blue eyed pale skin things don't age that well! I used to be so enamoured of blonde celebrities and now I look at them and unless they get cosmetic help, they don't age well at all! It is the Asian and Mediterranean and African backgrounds and such that do look good in older age.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #401
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
I will probably be more Dukan than Stillman's but that's okay. Whatever gets the weight off.

And congrats on such a great guy! You deserve it and more. He stuck by you, no need to get stressed.

Yes, I also think this is a great idea. I honestly believe getting in some l/c veggies helps a lot with staying on track. I'm also more Dukanish in my approach right now and it's definitely easier to stick to than pure Stillman's over the long haul.

And YES Jcslim, you have a very respectful, caring guy there. Good for you!
paleopaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sorry to hear Mim! Sending you some healing thoughts for a speedy recovery.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #403
Senior LCF Member

Awesome, simple shrimp recipe

Forgot to mention earlier, our local Wholefoods recently started selling various varieties of flavored, cooked shrimp behind the fish counter - all low fat, low carb and fantastic for a quick Stills-friendly lunch. Unfortunately they are also quite spendy, so I'm now making the ceviche flavor at home myself.

The recipe is really simple - fresh steamed/boiled shrimp with tiny amounts of sliced red onion, chopped cilantro, chopped jalapeno, lime juice, black pepper and sea salt added. I like it really tangy, so I add a little vitamin c powder for extra kick. Soooo good and totally satisfying. I'm experimenting with lots of different flavors since this is such an easy meal option.

Just thought I'd share.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hi all, 30 MPH winds today and barely 40F outside.........boo.

Turan, how do things like Oreos break into you house? You need a Doberman.

Glad y'all are hanging in there!

Paleo, that shrimp sounds good but too much like work ROFL.

I tried white asparagus this week. Ick, I don't like it. It's not as tender and doesn't taste asparagussy.

Mim, pneumonia, yikes! Very scary! You must be overdoing it. Rest, rest, rest. Get better soon.

O and yesterday I fell down my back garden stone steps. Just about three flights. Skinned my knee and a knuckle. Nice to know this old gal can still take a bounce! Waiting for the bruises to come out.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #405
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

O and yesterday I fell down my back garden stone steps. Just about three flights. Skinned my knee and a knuckle. Nice to know this old gal can still take a bounce! Waiting for the bruises to come out.
You silly girl! Falling down is not nice. Witch hazel apparently helps with bruises.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #406
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Arnica!! Traumeel cream or any other arnica cream/gel really helps with trauma and bruising.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #407
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Blonde and blue eyed means NOTHING!!!! WE are emotional eaters, mine got me to 395! BE CAREFUL!!

Quote:
I am now adding low carb veggies. When I do I don't cheat! I just crave SALAD!! I have decided to have it every single day! I LOVE IT and it was NOT salad that made me fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readytolose60 View Post
Hey everyone!
I am not doing weights but I did for a long time. I was a heavy lifter and it helped me lose weight. ESPRESSO helps with my energy but so does green tea. I am going to add more cardio this week for sure.

Quote:
OH NO MIM! I am sending you healing prayers! Can anyone else take the girls so you can rest and recover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Going to six flags today! We get season tickets every year and try to go as many weekends as we can. It is only 30 minutes away and it is a blast to bring the kids. LOTS of walking and Smoked Turkey legs for dinner!

I was always afraid to go to to any amusement park. At 395 I was always afraid I wouldn't fit in the rides. Actually, I'm still afraid actually.

Keep that mind set and one day you will be happy and skinny.

Sounds like you got a good guy. He wants you and he is not afraid to let everyone know it. Don't be jealous. It causes way too much stress.

Way to go stay on! Are you taking vitamin supplements? I take tons of them to balance out what I am not eating. I know there were several people that worked out while on Stillmans. I just recently started trying to do the couch to 5k.

Oh no! I hope you recover quickly! Not easy to do with three little ones running around. Take care of yourself.
Quote:

ME TOO!! I need some veggies!

Quote:
Another thing to remember. Those blonde, blue eyed pale skin things don't age that well! I used to be so enamoured of blonde celebrities and now I look at them and unless they get cosmetic help, they don't age well at all! It is the Asian and Mediterranean and African backgrounds and such that do look good in older age.
YEP, Black don't CRACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post
Yes, I also think this is a great idea. I honestly believe getting in some l/c veggies helps a lot with staying on track. I'm also more Dukanish in my approach right now and it's definitely easier to stick to than pure Stillman's over the long haul.

And YES Jcslim, you have a very respectful, caring guy there. Good for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post
Forgot to mention earlier, our local Wholefoods recently started selling various varieties of flavored, cooked shrimp behind the fish counter - all low fat, low carb and fantastic for a quick Stills-friendly lunch. Unfortunately they are also quite spendy, so I'm now making the ceviche flavor at home myself.

The recipe is really simple - fresh steamed/boiled shrimp with tiny amounts of sliced red onion, chopped cilantro, chopped jalapeno, lime juice, black pepper and sea salt added. I like it really tangy, so I add a little vitamin c powder for extra kick. Soooo good and totally satisfying. I'm experimenting with lots of different flavors since this is such an easy meal option.

Just thought I'd share.
THAT sounds amazing!! I LOVE shrimp. Why is it so much better when I get cocktail shrimp at a restaurant? When I buy the cooked shrimp from whole foods it seems WET! I will try and make that! It sound delicious.

Quote:
hi all, 30 MPH winds today and barely 40F outside.........boo.

Turan, how do things like Oreos break into you house? You need a Doberman.

Glad y'all are hanging in there!

Paleo, that shrimp sounds good but too much like work ROFL.

I tried white asparagus this week. Ick, I don't like it. It's not as tender and doesn't taste asparagussy.

Mim, pneumonia, yikes! Very scary! You must be overdoing it. Rest, rest, rest. Get better soon.

OH NO!!! ARE YOU OK?? YIKES! Sending you so much love.
I have children (my husband came with 2) and they have no mommy. JUST this one. They have VERY few "Junk" food items but they LOVE OREO cookies and I let them have them from time to time. I have always resisted but this time I couldn't do it.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #408
Senior LCF Member

BACK ON PLAN!!!!

Thankfully I was able to get right back on plan today. I had some grilled shrimp, talapia and a large salad. VERY LARGE! I plan to keep the salad in my diet for the next few weeks. I am trying to get to May 4 or 5 th with no cheat. I have a concert next weekend so we'll see what happens. I do notice that I sing much better when I eat this way. Much less acid reflux and I don't eat past 5 pm.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LMAO I feel like I was nine and determined to learn to ride a two wheeled bike. I arrived home two hours later bloody and bruised but a rider. I rode them stairs, baby, I did, I did.

I would take skinned knee and knuckle ove pneumonia anytime. DH was in the hospital for three days with it in '97. Not pretty.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Turan, where is your engagement?
Old 04-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

"yawn" watching Raiders of the Lost Ark for lack of nothing else worthwhile..........

Turan, congrats on being back on plan, I knew you would do it!
Old 04-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Turan, where is your engagement?
I am heading to Carolina for a preview concert for the 2 productions of Aida that I am doing that are starting in Toledo next season.

'Aida' one of the highlights for the 2013-2014 season of the Toledo Opera - Toledo Blade
Old 04-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh my, DF is in Hilton Head, have never visited though..............

good night all, hugs all around {{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}
Old 04-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #414
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post

YEP, Black don't CRACK!

Love it! Seriously though I used to get such crushes on the blonde haired, blue eyed guys and now I look at them and think how old they look! (I guess I do too but never as old as they do.)
Old 04-20-2013, 11:57 PM   #415
Junior LCF Member

Today was totally off plan we went to an indoor Hawaiian themed party and I ate not just one but two puka dogs they are Hawaiin style hot dogs very bad on the carbs but it was all good! Bratty S I hope you and your family had a fun time at six flags bc both my parents look great my dad especially Lol black don't crack love it Turan! Paleo I love shrimp and I live not far from whole foods so thanks for the heads up! C C and mim rest well I guess we all can share my Zen bubble btw placing a slice of fresh pineapple heals bruises and smells great and mim try echinacea tea feel better both of you! and someone please explain this dukanish woe please so far it sounds appealingly for me too xx hugs all!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:53 AM   #416
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Sunday morning! I am starting to feel better but I am exhausted - between the meds and the cough though I'm worn out. That and I've not been on plan and while under the circumstances it is what it is, I'm looking forward to being back on plan. But realistically hat won't be until Tuesday.

Turan - my daughter and I meet in Toledo to exchange grand girls. Maybe I'll come see a performance! I'm trying to find a new call in Michigan though. We shall see what happened!

Bratty - I'm so happy for you! You are out of the 220! I'm out of the 220's too. Unfortunately it is not in the lower numbers! But that will change and I'll follow you!

CC - stairs are for walking down, not falling down.

Paleo - I love shrimp and I love to cook! I'm going to try your recipe.

BC - How is the writing going? I hope it is going smoothly now.

And just so you all know - I'm a blue eyed blonde!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:08 AM   #417
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good Sunday morning! I am starting to feel better but I am exhausted - between the meds and the cough though I'm worn out. That and I've not been on plan and while under the circumstances it is what it is, I'm looking forward to being back on plan. But realistically hat won't be until Tuesday.

Turan - my daughter and I meet in Toledo to exchange grand girls. Maybe I'll come see a performance! I'm trying to find a new call in Michigan though. We shall see what happened!

Bratty - I'm so happy for you! You are out of the 220! I'm out of the 220's too. Unfortunately it is not in the lower numbers! But that will change and I'll follow you!

MIM I won't hold it against you that you are blond and blue eyed!! Just wear a LOT of sunscreen and BIG hats!!!

PLEASE let me know if there is a SHOW you can get to! I will make SURE you have tickets and you can come back stage afterward!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Down .4 today. We had a great time at Six Flags. It was nice to go do something with the kids outdoors. Soooooooo happy winter is over! My daughter and I shared a smoked turkey leg. My poor husband who is also doing Stills, fell off the wagon and had a beer and BBQ beef sandwich. That led to him eating pizza when we got home.
I had pizza in my house last night and I was not even tempted to eat it!! It felt great being indifferent with one of my favorite foods in my face. Maybe, just maybe this is the time I finally do it, finally get skinny again.

Quote:
LMAO I feel like I was nine and determined to learn to ride a two wheeled bike. I arrived home two hours later bloody and bruised but a rider. I rode them stairs, baby, I did, I did.

I would take skinned knee and knuckle ove pneumonia anytime. DH was in the hospital for three days with it in '97. Not pretty.
I am so happy you are OK. Leaving a tumble like that with just a few scrapes and bruises is so lucky. BE CAREFUL! Last time I fell like that I could barely sit for a month. My butt hurt so bad.
I have to confess that seeing people fall is a weak spot for me. I can't control the laughter. Grateful I was not there to see it happen!
Quote:
Good Sunday morning! I am starting to feel better but I am exhausted - between the meds and the cough though I'm worn out. That and I've not been on plan and while under the circumstances it is what it is, I'm looking forward to being back on plan. But realistically that won't be until Tuesday.

Take care of yourself. I pray that you are good as new quickly. And thank you! It feels good to be back out. You will get there after your better.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #419
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

The writing is going fine. Since I took a step back I have ideas flooding my brain!

A blue eyed blonde - we still love you!

Have a great day everyone! I have character sketches and planning to do today.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

gee, thanks Mim LOL oh, the soreness...I feel your pain!

and, yep, I'm a blue eyed blonde, too! Kill me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Down .4 today. We had a great time at Six Flags. It was nice to go do something with the kids outdoors. Soooooooo happy winter is over! My daughter and I shared a smoked turkey leg. My poor husband who is also doing Stills, fell off the wagon and had a beer and BBQ beef sandwich. That led to him eating pizza when we got home.
I had pizza in my house last night and I was not even tempted to eat it!! It felt great being indifferent with one of my favorite foods in my face. Maybe, just maybe this is the time I finally do it, finally get skinny again.

I am so happy you are OK. Leaving a tumble like that with just a few scrapes and bruises is so lucky. BE CAREFUL! Last time I fell like that I could barely sit for a month. My butt hurt so bad.
I have to confess that seeing people fall is a weak spot for me. I can't control the laughter. Grateful I was not there to see it happen!

Take care of yourself. I pray that you are good as new quickly. And thank you! It feels good to be back out. You will get there after your better.
way to go on no pizzza! HUGE!

Thanks for the well wishes, honey, I'll be okay, I wouldn't trade a few aches and pains for pneumonia any day, poor Mim!

Quote:
The writing is going fine. Since I took a step back I have ideas flooding my brain!

A blue eyed blonde - we still love you!

Have a great day everyone! I have character sketches and planning to do today.
bc, you go, girl!

hmmmmmmmm what to eat, salmon cakes or chicken again?