Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 05:08 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hi all, still hanging out. Good to see everyone safe and sound.

Turan, please consider carefully any surgery. I know someone who had lipo and the recovery is very long and painful, twice as bad what the doc said it would be.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2013, 06:21 AM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
hi all, still hanging out. Good to see everyone safe and sound.

Turan, please consider carefully any surgery. I know someone who had lipo and the recovery is very long and painful, twice as bad what the doc said it would be.
THANKS CCG! I am afraid of it. I know I am too afraid to have it but I know I won't . I LIVE in Spanx!
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
I am UP .2 today. Stupid scale. I am ignoring it and moving on.
I am so tired today. The hubby did not sleep good so either did I. Who the heck needs to leap into the air to roll over. I am taping him to the bed tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
The book is just called "The Doctors Quick Weight Loss Diet" and I got it on amazon for $1.94 or something like that. I was going to take a couple pics of it and post some stuff but unfortunately I got home today to see this.....

That is my current foster puppy and my QWL book there wasn't one part of it left that was bigger than 1'' x 3'' haha
Sorry but those pictures gave me a good laugh. Puppies are SO naughty! My two dogs were babies when I got them so we went through all the puppy drama. The pittie LOVED carpet. And the Lab LOVED tearing up his bed. Stuffing was always being thrown around the house. Little brats. them so much

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #334
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jcslim
Welcome wonderful Wednesday!!!! Turna thank you for all the love, hugs and support. I am truly stressed beyond words and your encouraging words of wisdom are true however living with a vegan roommate that is the most 95lbs gets the best of me but oh,well I adore her she lucked out with great DNA Lol I must move on ward ! Oh and Turna I love gowns and the maxi skirt with a nice pair of heels very adorable and remember the gown you may love its cut style and design the colour is important I think most important to compliment the complexion my magic colour is white too bad its not flattering on my bum Lol I should invest in some spanx my mom turned to them after considering a tummy tuck and I see they do work in some problem areas. Today W.V.C black and a H.B.E a dash of salt a sprinkle red pepper , lunch tuna with horseradish some raspberry leaf tea and water dinner a turkey burger with unsweetened ketchup very boring Lol it will be all worth it once I get out of the 170's A great day ladies. !!!! xx
Jcslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
The book is just called "The Doctors Quick Weight Loss Diet" and I got it on amazon for $1.94 or something like that. I was going to take a couple pics of it and post some stuff but unfortunately I got home today to see this.....

That is my current foster puppy and my QWL book there wasn't one part of it left that was bigger than 1'' x 3'' haha
Oh my goodness!! I'm sorry, but those pics gave me a good chuckle this morning. I have the same book safely tucked away on my bookshelf, but it is in one piece thankfully!

By the way, I just went to Amazon to see if they had used copies of the 1968 QWL book and saw that they seem to have re-released it in 2011. However, the description given by Amazon was written by someone who is rather confused about what the QWL strategy actually entails. Too funny.
paleopaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Ok, so after yesterday's little high fat/high salt detour for emotional eating purposes, I'm back on the wagon today. I may or may not add a small salad, but I think a completely pure protein day probably wouldn't hurt my efforts one bit.

I've been slowly creeping up with my green veggie carb and olive oil intake and I think I need to dial it down a little again, especially on days I don't work out. Today's menu will therefore be really exciting (not!) and include steamed fish, chicken breast and sirloin steak.

Keep strong Ladies. We're half way through this week already and we can see it through!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #337
Senior LCF Member

P.S. Last night I realized that if I lose three more lbs, I will technically not be overweight anymore (BMI under 25), although for my frame size, my recommended weight is still 120-133 lbs. Oh well, something to motivate me for now at least.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

I just did day one of couch2 5k, and lived!

I was suppose to start this over a month ago. My 5k is in 1 month. Better late than never!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post

I was suppose to start this over a month ago. My 5k is in 1 month. Better late than never!
Go Bratty! By the way, I love your siggie quote - very motivating.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
I did it! I made the turkey burger edible. I put some cumin and oregeno on it while cooking in the George Forman then mustard and a bit of lemon pepper. It was pretty good so I will just keep experimenting with spices to create something different.
bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post
P.S. Last night I realized that if I lose three more lbs, I will technically not be overweight anymore (BMI under 25), although for my frame size, my recommended weight is still 120-133 lbs. Oh well, something to motivate me for now at least.
Congratulations! That is great!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcslim View Post
Welcome wonderful Wednesday!!!! Turna thank you for all the love, hugs and support. I am truly stressed beyond words and your encouraging words of wisdom are true however living with a vegan roommate that is the most 95lbs gets the best of me but oh,well I adore her she lucked out with great DNA Lol I must move on ward ! Oh and Turna I love gowns and the maxi skirt with a nice pair of heels very adorable and remember the gown you may love its cut style and design the colour is important I think most important to compliment the complexion my magic colour is white too bad its not flattering on my bum Lol I should invest in some spanx my mom turned to them after considering a tummy tuck
and I see they do work in some problem areas. Today W.V.C black and a H.B.E a dash of salt a sprinkle red pepper , lunch tuna with horseradish some raspberry leaf tea and water dinner a turkey burger with unsweetened ketchup very boring Lol it will be all worth it once I get out of the 170's A great day ladies. !!!! xx
Don't you just hate those that can eat whatever they want and not gain? It doesn't matter that she is vegan or whatever - she just doesn't gain. Me? I look sideways at a cupcake and I am up five pounds.

I don't wear spanx or anything like that b/c it cause me hip pains. So my flab just hangs there and jiggles!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

He was just making sure the diet was healthy for you!
Old 04-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #344
Junior LCF Member

Good evening everyone! What a day I did forgot to mention I dreamt someone was making pancakes it felt so real
and upon rising I still could smell them and strawberries then I realized it was the candle I had burning last night before bed Lol I just finished making yarn balls for grigio one to keep him happy and two keep my mind off of food especially ice cream a super weakness of mine instead of the turkey burger I had waiting for me on my way home I picked up a rotisserie turkey breast half on the bone skinned removed some raspberry leaf tea iced water . I put the giant hunk of meat on a fancy plate and hoped for the best added a dipping sauce of horseradish unsweetened
ketchup oh so BORING Lol my taste buds are not pleased but I am full I am going to make shrimp cocktail for tomorrows dinner . Some lean steak perhaps or tilapia I read in a previous post it really worked . I am going to a yoga class tomorrow as a guest I will see how it goes xx
Old 04-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good evening everyone! What a day I did forgot to mention I dreamt someone was making pancakes it felt so real
and upon rising I still could smell them and strawberries then I realized it was the candle I had burning last night before bed Lol I just finished making yarn balls for grigio one to keep him happy and two keep my mind off of food especially ice cream a super weakness of mine instead of the turkey burger I had waiting for me on my way home I picked up a rotisserie turkey breast half on the bone skinned removed some raspberry leaf tea iced water . I put the giant hunk of meat on a fancy plate and hoped for the best added a dipping sauce of horseradish unsweetened
ketchup oh so BORING Lol my taste buds are not pleased but I am full I am going to make shrimp cocktail for tomorrows dinner . Some lean steak perhaps or tilapia I read in a previous post it really worked . I am going to a yoga class tomorrow as a guest I will see how it goes xx
That actually sounds delicious! I am trying to retrain my taste buds not to want the sweets and the fancy stuff. I can do it.

Enjoy yoga.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
GOOD FOR YOU!! WOW! I would want to eat a WHOLE cake to celebrate! YOUR AT GOAL!! YAY!!

Quote:

WOW!! GOOD FOR YOU!! I really want to do a 5k I might try that!! SO THRILLED FOR YOU!!!!! YOU'RE A ROCK STAR!

Quote:
Welcome wonderful Wednesday!!!! Turna thank you for all the love, hugs and support. I am truly stressed beyond words and your encouraging words of wisdom are true however living with a vegan roommate that is the most 95lbs gets the best of me but oh,well I adore her she lucked out with great DNA Lol I must move on ward ! Oh and Turna I love gowns and the maxi skirt with a nice pair of heels very adorable and remember the gown you may love its cut style and design the colour is important I think most important to compliment the complexion my magic colour is white too bad its not flattering on my bum Lol I should invest in some spanx my mom turned to them after considering a tummy tuck
and I see they do work in some problem areas. Today W.V.C black and a H.B.E a dash of salt a sprinkle red pepper , lunch tuna with horseradish some raspberry leaf tea and water dinner a turkey burger with unsweetened ketchup very boring Lol it will be all worth it once I get out of the 170's A great day ladies. !!!! xx
That skinny ***** should be KILLED!
You will be out of the 170's before you know it! White looks amazing on me and I have a white gown that I once wore for an outdoor gala concert.
Here is a pic of the dress! WEAR WHITE GIRL! If that's your color FLAUNT IT!! I do! Fat ass and all! I do NOT care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
Don't you just hate those that can eat whatever they want and not gain? It doesn't matter that she is vegan or whatever - she just doesn't gain. Me? I look sideways at a cupcake and I am up five pounds.

I don't wear spanx or anything like that b/c it cause me hip pains. So my flab just hangs there and jiggles!
I LOVE CUPCAKES SO MUCH!! UGH! GOD!
I have heard some people can't wear them! YIKES I would not be happy. My jiggles could cause an earth quake!

Quote:
HAVE FUN in YOGA!! You might really want to use fresh herbs for your meals to help them taste better!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beethoven 9.jpg (23.5 KB, 23 views)
Old 04-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Sitting in my hotel. I am ALWAYS in hotels. They are all nice but I decided when I got here to go for a walk and NOT eat in the hotel and to NOT order room service. I walked about 10 blocks then I was really hungry since I missed lunch and it was 4pm by then!! I try NOT to skip meals because the LAST THING I want is to make my metabolism any SLOWER!!
I could NOT find a restaurant that had food I could eat.
I kept walking and walking and finally found a steak house that was VERY expensive

I had 4 huge cocktail shrimp with sugar free ice tea.
4 HUGE asparagus that were grilled and so delicious I inhaled them!!
2 grilled pork chops.

I was DYING for all of the desserts but I decided to just walk back to my room.
PROUD OF MYSELF!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
Sitting in my hotel. I am ALWAYS in hotels. They are all nice but I decided when I got here to go for a walk and NOT eat in the hotel and to NOT order room service. I walked about 10 blocks then I was really hungry since I missed lunch and it was 4pm by then!! I try NOT to skip meals because the LAST THING I want is to make my metabolism any SLOWER!!
I kept walking and walking and finally found a steak house that was VERY expensive

2 grilled pork chops.

PROUD OF MYSELF!

I am so proud of you! It must be difficult always being on the road and trying to follow an eating plan such as this.

As for the Spanx. I can't wear anything tight around my hips or they start hurting. A lot of that could be in my head too but who knows?
Old 04-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hoops
Stats: 5'9"
I'd like to join you all. I've done Stillman's in the past, so I know it is the quickest way to lose weight other than the temporary weight loss of a fast. I have gained quite a bit of weight over the past year, and I really need this to jumpstart my weight loss. I need support, because I've let myself down.

So, Stillman's QWL starting on Thursday. I will also be doing T-Tapp BWO+ and perhaps the treadmill or elliptical for exercise.
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

2 grilled pork chops.

PROUD OF MYSELF!
Oh wow Turan - well done! This is definitely not the easiest diet to follow away from home. You are going to see it through though, I just have a feeling...
Old 04-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops View Post
I'd like to join you all. I've done Stillman's in the past, so I know it is the quickest way to lose weight other than the temporary weight loss of a fast. I have gained quite a bit of weight over the past year, and I really need this to jumpstart my weight loss. I need support, because I've let myself down.

So, Stillman's QWL starting on Thursday. I will also be doing T-Tapp BWO+ and perhaps the treadmill or elliptical for exercise.

It is a pleasure to meet you! Whatever has happened in the past is behind you now. Tomorrow you make a fresh start!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:33 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Readytolose60
Stats: 196/181/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 1/26/2013
Quote:
Week #1 done! My weight this morning is 220.2 with a loss of 9.4 for the week. I know a lot of that is water but I love it anyway. It went unusually easy this time around. I am praying the next few weeks go as smoothly. My serect weapon is Red Hot's Buffalo sauce. It is more salt but no carbs. it! I have not exercised yet. I am planning on starting a couch to 5K program today.

I want that book. Did you find it on Ebay?

Way to go! Are you waiting until the end of the 24 days to weight in? What a surprise that would be. I wish I could do that but I am scale obsessed. I can't even go a week.
Hey thanks!!!
Yeah I am on day 4 now already. I have a lot of stressful personal things going on right now so of course I wanna eat but I need to learn to have self control regardless cause life will always have problems. I am sick of coping with them by food. I wanna feel good, and the better I feel, the better I will deal with life and other issues. So day 4 going great!! I am on a 24 days stillmans at the moment, and I hope to really look different...is this reasonable? No shortcuts...just follow the diet....I wanna be 30lbs less...according to my weight this morning. I've lost some this week, but I wanna lose much more. What do you guys think? How long did it take you to lose 30? I hope sometime I can like my body again. After having two kids...it's hard to feel sexy. Anyway what's the most you guys have lost?
Readytolose60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:34 AM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Readytolose60
Stats: 196/181/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 1/26/2013
What's your guess..
How long do you think it will take me to lose 30 more?
Readytolose60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:35 AM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Down 1.2 today. I AM OUT OF THE 220s!! Oh man, today I hurt everywhere. I hurt in places I forgot I had. I think today I will just do a brisk walk on the treadmill. No running!

Quote:

2 grilled pork chops.

PROUD OF MYSELF!
That is so awesome! I hope the scale rewards you generously for the restraint you showed. You look fabulous in that white dress! Oh and asparagus is sooo nasty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops View Post

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readytolose60 View Post
What's your guess..
How long do you think it will take me to lose 30 more?
I usually aim for 10lbs a month but I think if you stick to strict stillmans you could lose 30lbs in 2 months.

I couldn't say for sure because I have yet to last more than 3 weeks. Hopefully you can stay on longer than I have been in the past.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone. First off, welcome Hoops! You'll find this group super supportive and ready to cheer you on all the time.

Turan, thanks for your kind words about being at goal, but alas, I'm still almost 30 lbs away from the recommended weight for my height and frame size. I'll consider myself at goal once I'm able to wear everything in my closet again.

Bratty, well done! I find that post-workout muscle ache rather gratifying since it means my body is adapting and getting fitter.

Readytolose, I know exactly what you mean about not feeling sexy after kids. It's probably more of a mental issue, but it is definitely real. Best of luck with your goals and all the stuff you have going on.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #356
Senior LCF Member

I'm feeling good today, but I'm definitely retaining a bit of water from my strength training session yesterday. I know it's temporary though, so I'm not giving it too much thought.

I am planning a mainly protein day again, although, yesterday I did end up eating a bit more veggie carbs than planned as I was struggling to get my workout done. I've also developed a bit of a goat-cheese problem that I need to curtail. It just tastes so darn good and the one we buy is made from raw, grass-fed goat's milk - very nutritious and generally good for a body. Hard to resist!

By the way, for those who are envious of folks who stay slim no matter what they eat - imagine being married to a tall man in his early 50s, who always remains lean and ripped, while only exercising now and again, and eating as much as he wants (mostly paleo, but not particularly low carb and definitely not low calorie). My son is a carbon copy of his dad and eats the rest of us under the table, yet he was born lean and stays that way no matter how much I try to fatten him up. Love them both to bits, but it doesn't really seem fair.

Hope everyone has an awesome day and stays on track.

Last edited by paleopaleo; 04-18-2013 at 09:34 AM..
Old 04-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #357
Junior LCF Member

Happy Thursday all !!!! Welcome Hoops in joining our group Turan you look gorgeous in your white gown such a lovely print as well and the sleeves very flattering our complexions are similar so you must look amazing in yellow, turquoise, lavender and hot pink and also jeweled tones you did fabulous on your diet away from home too very impressive I say congratulations BrattyS welcome to onederland ! btw what is a 5k couch? I am not quite familiar with such Lol bc how is your writing coming along? Paleo my boyfriend is real skinny although vegetarian he is, boy can he scarf down a whole pizza pie without blinking an eye Lol Ladies today no breakfast or lunch for me just W.V.C black for me perhaps this evening shrimp cocktail I am just feeling down so I will sleep my day off away drink some tea later and write some poems writing down my feelings through poetry I find it to be very therapeutic Lol I oh and btw I invaded not once but twice my roommates vanilla almond milk before bed oh my very yummy but not very Stills friendly it nipped that ice cream craving in the bud. O.O Great day everyone! xx
Old 04-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #358
Junior LCF Member

Whoops my apologise to BrattyS oh my, Ithought it said 200's congratulations. are still in order!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #359
Junior LCF Member

Tonites yoga class I am going to bail thanks for all the well wishes though it made my stomach turn when I realized how freaking fat I look in yoga workout gear I will go someday o.o
Old 04-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm feeling good today, but I'm definitely retaining a bit of water from my strength training session yesterday. I know it's temporary though, so I'm not giving it too much thought.

I am planning a mainly protein day again, although, yesterday I did end up eating a bit more veggie carbs than planned as I was struggling to get my workout done. I've also developed a bit of a goat-cheese problem that I need to curtail. It just tastes so darn good and the one we buy is made from raw, grass-fed goat's milk - very nutritious and generally good for a body. Hard to resist!

By the way, for those who are envious of folks who stay slim no matter what they eat - imagine being married to a tall man in his early 50s, who always remains lean and ripped, while only exercising now and again, and eating as much as he wants (mostly paleo, but not particularly low carb and definitely not low calorie). My son is a carbon copy of his dad and eats the rest of us under the table, yet he was born lean and stays that way no matter how much I try to fatten him up. Love them both to bits, but it doesn't really seem fair.

Hope everyone has an awesome day and stays on track.
I have never had goat cheese. It kinda scares me!
My friends family is that way. She struggles with her weight and her husband and kids are skinny little string beans. I am grateful that my husband has always been at least 20lbs heavier than me.
Quote:
Tonites yoga class I am going to bail thanks for all the well wishes though it made my stomach turn when I realized how freaking fat I look in yoga workout gear I will go someday o.o
Aww I know how you feel. If you can't get over it maybe you can find some yoga DVDs to do at home until you feel a little better about your looks.

I am dreading the public beach I have to go to in August.