Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Can't believe I haven't posted since 2 days ago. What on earth?!?

MMS: Congrats on getting close enough to start maintenance eating!
Thanks Mommie.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post

I am so happy to see you get close to goal again. I can't wait till I can rock some cute and sexy clothes. I am still hiding in baggies.

Thanks BrattyS, keep it up and you will get there. Congrats on your loss today and on day 7!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
I got my Stillman's book in the mail today! there is a page and a half on QWL and about 20 other diets throughout the book this is probably why it was so hard to find info on this diet when i first started until I found this forum!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post
You are doing awesomely Turan! I hope you won't be offended by this comment, but I have to say, you must be built so differently from me. I know you say you're not at your goal yet, but you look positively svelte in your promotional photos and you obviously have a lovely, small waist. I carry all my weight in my butt, belly and boobs and any weight I gain is really obvious. I can see why you say your goal weight is higher than average - you can certainly pull it off!
IT IS MY BIGGEST LIFE ISSUE!! My upper body is a regular size XL!! From the waist up I look MUCH MUCH SMALLER! It's like there is a different person from the waist down. I only wear dresses and I don't LOOK fat because of my UPPER body. HOWEVER my measurements are 38/36/50!!! See! I carry all of my massive weight on my huge butt and HUGE HUGE thights. When I am in SPANX and a dress I just look VERY curvy! I thought about just having surgery and I still might but I will keep losing weight and maybe see how it looks in a few months.
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I got my Stillman's book in the mail today! there is a page and a half on QWL and about 20 other diets throughout the book this is probably why it was so hard to find info on this diet when i first started until I found this forum!
WHAT is the NAME of the book you got?
Old 04-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hi Patty, I'm not going anywhere. No probs I'll try and give you an idea. I ate lots of salmon. Its higher fat than some fish but I seem to lose more weight when I eat oily fish. I would always have a small amount of tartare sauce with it because I really need my food to be interesting or I get bored. Chili (I put fresh chili on everything) tiger prawns with chives and lemongrass. Curried prawns, curried chicken. cod (sometimes in a prawn soup). Tinned tuna with a little light mayo and chives. Fillet steak, chicken breast for stir fry and soup as well as grilled and baked. Pork tenderloin, bacon (I had no problems with bacon) which I enjoyed with fried eggs (one cal spray). I used A LOT of fresh herbs for cooking and also in my tuna mix. Yep, I put chives in practically everything... Ham omelettes, tuna fish cakes etc. I also used a lot of fresh thyme, coriander, marjoram and basil. I don't like cottage cheese so I allowed a small amount of LF cheese a day, different types depending on what I was cooking. I was failing miserably before I found the Stillman diet. I could not lose on Atkins. Its hard to say how long I followed stillman's because if I am honest I was off plan more than on but whenever I stuck to plan I would have good losses. The best thing I did was stop weighing myself so I could not get upset by fluctuating numbers. The weight just seemed to melt once I did this. Oh and when I was off plan I tried to keep it as low carb as possible. Hope this helps.
IT HELPS ME!! I get so DEPRESSED by the NUMBERS!! I am staying away from the scale for a few more weeks. How long did it take you?
Old 04-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
IT IS MY BIGGEST LIFE ISSUE!! My upper body is a regular size XL!! From the waist up I look MUCH MUCH SMALLER! It's like there is a different person from the waist down. I only wear dresses and I don't LOOK fat because of my UPPER body. HOWEVER my measurements are 38/36/50!!! See! I carry all of my massive weight on my huge butt and HUGE HUGE thights. When I am in SPANX and a dress I just look VERY curvy! I thought about just having surgery and I still might but I will keep losing weight and maybe see how it looks in a few months.
Well, you are obviously dressing correctly for your shape then because you look fabulous. As for me, I'm quite short waisted and usually when I gain weight, well-meaning strangers start asking when the baby is due. I don't even take offense since I can clearly see why they might think I'm expecting. And when I was actually pregnant I showed right away and looked like I was due any minute from about 6 months on. Sigh.

As it happens, my stomach is also usually the first part to shrink down when I lose weight, so it might be interesting to see what happens to your measurements as you get closer to goal. Hormones are such tricky little buggers.
paleopaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:41 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Readytolose60
Stats: 196/181/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 1/26/2013
Day 2: feeling good, drinking lots of water. Day 2 of my 24 day stretch. Wonder how much weight I will lose! Anyway, I love boiled chicken with seasonings and salt..yumm and some ketchup. I feel so much better when I'm losing weight vs eating everything in sight. Have a fab day everyone!
Readytolose60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:44 AM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Week #1 done! My weight this morning is 220.2 with a loss of 9.4 for the week. I know a lot of that is water but I love it anyway. It went unusually easy this time around. I am praying the next few weeks go as smoothly. My serect weapon is Red Hot's Buffalo sauce. It is more salt but no carbs. it! I have not exercised yet. I am planning on starting a couch to 5K program today.

Quote:
I want that book. Did you find it on Ebay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readytolose60 View Post
Day 2: feeling good, drinking lots of water. Day 2 of my 24 day stretch. Wonder how much weight I will lose! Anyway, I love boiled chicken with seasonings and salt..yumm and some ketchup. I feel so much better when I'm losing weight vs eating everything in sight. Have a fab day everyone!
Way to go! Are you waiting until the end of the 24 days to weight in? What a surprise that would be. I wish I could do that but I am scale obsessed. I can't even go a week.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #310
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jcslim
Happy Tuesday everyone! Yesterday went well and I hope today is even better for all of us ! !!! I so far had a poached egg with hot sauce my usual W.V.C black lunch will be tuna mixed with Golds brand purple horseradish and a seasoned turkey burger with unsweetened westbrae ketchup and raspberry tea . I was looking through the stills
recipes are they all QWL legal? I like the egg drop soup and sesame or was it sweet and sour chicken with diet orange soda (drool) and is sugar free energy drinks legal I am a monster addict they do have a zero carb one yippee! !!! BrattyS congrats on your loses and to anyone I missed xx time for a quick bike ride before work blah!
Jcslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #311
Senior LCF Member

HAPPY TUESDAY!

After the horror in Boston and waiting to hear from friends my nerves were frayed! Add that to my TOM, I ate a LARGE scoop of NUTELLA!

Everyone I know is fine and I am praying for everyone.

Back on track today! I have eaten mostly fish today and I feel better. Some auditions in NYC tomorrow so I'm packing up for a few days. I decided to weigh yesterday. I lost 4lbs and after my huge Saturday cheat on the 6th I will TAKE THAT! I am going to try not to cheat again until May 4th!

Last edited by Turandot; 04-16-2013 at 12:09 PM..
Old 04-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

So terribly sad today for everyone affected by the Boston tragedy. I truly don't get this at all. What the heck goes wrong with people that they want to do stuff like this to other human beings? Children for pete's sake?! Events like these make me feel like taking my son out of school and moving our family to the backwoods on an island somewhere.

I really do feel a strong urge to eat lots of things I'm not supposed to right now, but so far I've managed to limit my intake to a big chunk of full-fat, soft goat's cheese. I'm also drinking lots of my hot chocolate concoction and trying to stay as busy as possible.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
So terribly sad today for everyone affected by the Boston tragedy. I truly don't get this at all. What the heck goes wrong with people that they want to do stuff like this to other human beings? Children for pete's sake?! Events like these make me feel like taking my son out of school and moving our family to the backwoods on an island somewhere.

I really do feel a strong urge to eat lots of things I'm not supposed to right now, but so far I've managed to limit my intake to a big chunk of full-fat, soft goat's cheese. I'm also drinking lots of my hot chocolate concoction and trying to stay as busy as possible.
What is your hot chocolate concoction? I took a 1/2 cup of egg whites and mixed it with equal and cardamon then zapped it in the microwave. 40 seconds then took it out and stirred. Another 40. It is quite good. 60 calories, no carbs, no fat and 14 g of protein!

Just finished my blog entry for tomorrow and now I am going to go finish reading 'Writing the Breakout Novel' by Donald Maas. My next book is going to be awesome!
bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Today has not been as easy. I am sorta hitting a wall with my food. I am growing to loath ground turkey. I am going to have to mix things up pretty quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcslim View Post
Happy Tuesday everyone! Yesterday went well and I hope today is even better for all of us ! !!! I so far had a poached egg with hot sauce my usual W.V.C black lunch will be tuna mixed with Golds brand purple horseradish and a seasoned turkey burger with unsweetened westbrae ketchup and raspberry tea . I was looking through the stills
recipes are they all QWL legal? I like the egg drop soup and sesame or was it sweet and sour chicken with diet orange soda (drool) and is sugar free energy drinks legal I am a monster addict they do have a zero carb one yippee! !!! BrattyS congrats on your loses and to anyone I missed xx time for a quick bike ride before work blah!
Thank you and congrats on getting through yesterday. I hope today went smoothly for you. I do not know about monster drinks. I drink watered own crystal light all day long.
Quote:
HAPPY TUESDAY!

After the horror in Boston and waiting to hear from friends my nerves were frayed! Add that to my TOM, I ate a LARGE scoop of NUTELLA!

Everyone I know is fine and I am praying for everyone.

Back on track today! I have eaten mostly fish today and I feel better. Some auditions in NYC tomorrow so I'm packing up for a few days. I decided to weigh yesterday. I lost 4lbs and after my huge Saturday cheat on the 6th I will TAKE THAT! I am going to try not to cheat again until May 4th!
*hugs* I am happy everyone you know is safe. I can not imagine how scary that is.
Oh Nutella is so evil! I that stuff SO much! Way to go on the loss and getting right back on track. Not easy to do.
Good luck with your auditions!

Quote:

It is an awful thing. I pray for the ones that need it and try to focus on the amazing acts of kindness I have seen because of this tragedy.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Today has not been as easy. I am sorta hitting a wall with my food. I am growing to loath ground turkey. I am going to have to mix things up pretty quick!

I am having the same problem with turkey burgers. I bought some the other day and had one and am not fond of it. But I bought 5 kg so I had better learn to like them!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
I am having the same problem with turkey burgers. I bought some the other day and had one and am not fond of it. But I bought 5 kg so I had better learn to like them!
I'm also not a huge fan of ground turkey in any form. I think I overdid it last time I was on Stillman's and now I can't bear to eat it ever again

BC, my hot chocolate drink is basically a heaping teaspoon of unsweetened baking cocoa dissolved in a mug of hot water, with about an inch of unsweetened almond milk (like Almond Breeze) and stevia for sweetness. Helps with cravings and only has about 1 net carb per serving.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
What is your hot chocolate concoction? I took a 1/2 cup of egg whites and mixed it with equal and cardamon then zapped it in the microwave. 40 seconds then took it out and stirred. Another 40. It is quite good. 60 calories, no carbs, no fat and 14 g of protein!

Just finished my blog entry for tomorrow and now I am going to go finish reading 'Writing the Breakout Novel' by Donald Maas. My next book is going to be awesome!
Your egg-white "pudding" sounds delish. I'm avoiding eggs at the moment on my autoimmune protocol, but eventually I hope to add it back in as long as my antibodies stay super low like they are currently.

Best of luck for your book! It would be so awesome in the future to tell people I knew you back in the day Any word yet on the movie deal?
Old 04-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #318
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
The book is just called "The Doctors Quick Weight Loss Diet" and I got it on amazon for $1.94 or something like that. I was going to take a couple pics of it and post some stuff but unfortunately I got home today to see this.....

That is my current foster puppy and my QWL book there wasn't one part of it left that was bigger than 1'' x 3'' haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg isabelle 2.jpg (30.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Isabelle.jpg (32.2 KB, 12 views)
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm also not a huge fan of ground turkey in any form. I think I overdid it last time I was on Stillman's and now I can't bear to eat it ever again

BC, my hot chocolate drink is basically a heaping teaspoon of unsweetened baking cocoa dissolved in a mug of hot water, with about an inch of unsweetened almond milk (like Almond Breeze) and stevia for sweetness. Helps with cravings and only has about 1 net carb per serving.
I am going to try everything I can to make those turkey burgers decent enough to eat.

I took a tablespoon of fry's cocoa and mixed it with equal and a bit of cold water. I stirred it until all the cocoa was combined then added some vanilla and hot water.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #320
Junior LCF Member

Yes very sad what happened in Boston :'( poor innocent people out for a fun day . My thoughts and prayers are with them all. Turna I am a stress eater for sure the whole jar of nutella would be gone in my case. Keep strong and good luck with your audition! I live in Manhattan I live downtown but work uptown at Teavana and in the fall hopefully I may be going to college to pursue my love for fashion and design this is a major reason why I must lose this weight! I am so desperate I could cry I am tired of being called the chubby one or labelled as thick I am lucky my boyfriend loves me but when I lose some weight I notice he is very pleased how I look. Today was a battle for me I ate more because I am always hungry most before TOM. I agree with paleontologist hormones put us out of wack it is a delicate dance. This evening I found a few patterns I am going to play around with on my sewing machine and keep my mind off of food Lol Best wishes for all xx
Old 04-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Your egg-white "pudding" sounds delish. I'm avoiding eggs at the moment on my autoimmune protocol, but eventually I hope to add it back in as long as my antibodies stay super low like they are currently.

Best of luck for your book! It would be so awesome in the future to tell people I knew you back in the day Any word yet on the movie deal?
The egg white dish isn't bad. I may pick up some sugar free syrup or something and experiment.

No word on the movie deal. I have been stuck with this next book and delaying - it is the next in the series of Missing Flowers - and when this happens I go back to learning and the ideas start to flow. I am getting a book on planning a book from start to finish - maybe that will help me!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes very sad what happened in Boston :'( poor innocent people out for a fun day . My thoughts and prayers are with them all. Turna I am a stress eater for sure the whole jar of nutella would be gone in my case. Keep strong and good luck with your audition! I live in Manhattan I live downtown but work uptown at Teavana and in the fall hopefully I may be going to college to pursue my love for fashion and design this is a major reason why I must lose this weight! I am so desperate I could cry I am tired of being called the chubby one or labelled as thick I am lucky my boyfriend loves me but when I lose some weight I notice he is very pleased how I look. Today was a battle for me I ate more because I am always hungry most before TOM. I agree with paleontologist hormones put us out of wack it is a delicate dance. This evening I found a few patterns I am going to play around with on my sewing machine and keep my mind off of food Lol Best wishes for all xx
You can do it. And good luck with your fashion career. That is exciting! I have a sewing machine and was going to get into design but I can't get the machine to work! Not enough time right now anyway.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #323
Junior LCF Member

I'm sorry I meant paleo on my phone auto correct
Old 04-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm sorry I meant paleo on my phone auto correct
Too funny As it happens, I was actually a biology major on track to become a paleontologist once upon a time, but then diverged into Information Technology. And yes, you're absolutely right, it truly is all about our hormones being in balance.

Best of luck for your studies. My niece has just started an internship at a clothing designer in South Africa and although she's working her little behind off, she's absolutely loving it.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #325
Junior LCF Member

Thank you bc! I love my new sewing machine it is all computerized so helpful . I enjoy writing poems and I read a lot of James Patterson. I also draw and paint and love taking pictures especially of my new kitten grigio he is all gray with blue eyes. Very adorable! I will have to post a pic soon as I figure out how Lol good luck with your book!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #326
Junior LCF Member

I see we have a lot of smart and talented women here we can definately take this on for sure!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I MUST MUST make this!!! I have really good unsweetened cocoa from Trader Joe's. THANK YOU FOR THIS!

Quote:
The book is just called "The Doctors Quick Weight Loss Diet" and I got it on amazon for $1.94 or something like that. I was going to take a couple pics of it and post some stuff but unfortunately I got home today to see this.....

That is my current foster puppy and my QWL book there wasn't one part of it left that was bigger than 1'' x 3'' haha
OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe that's a HINT!!!!

Quote:
I am going to try everything I can to make those turkey burgers decent enough to eat.

I took a tablespoon of fry's cocoa and mixed it with equal and a bit of cold water. I stirred it until all the cocoa was combined then added some vanilla and hot water.
What Brand of Turkey burgers do you buy? I need to try some. I have been eating a LOT of fish!

Quote:
I am A HUGE HUGE STRESS EMOTIONAL EATER! Why do you have to lose weight if you are the DESIGNER???? ARE YOU KIDDING! YOU should be FINE! ALSO why the HELL (sorry) would you ALLOW anyone to tell you that your fat, thick, or anything other than SEXY and CURVY??? ALSO, YOUR BOYFRIEND should WORSHIP YOU for YOU NOW, NOT The you IF and WHEN you lose weight!!!!! YOU ARE AN AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL WOMAN and you MUST LOVE YOURSELF FIRST or no one else will love you the way you DESERVE TO BE LOVED! We TEACH people how they can TREAT us by what we allow. PLEASE don't settle. EVER! I would LOVE to see some of your designs!!! I wear a LOT of gowns for WORK

SORRY to seem PREACHY but as another woman I want you to know that YOU are cared for!! I am sending you so many many HUGS and LOVE!

Last edited by Turandot; 04-16-2013 at 06:51 PM..
Old 04-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #328
Senior LCF Member

RIRI

I AM SENDING YOU SO MUCH LOVE!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

What Brand of Turkey burgers do you buy? I need to try some. I have been eating a LOT of fish!

This is the first time I have bought turkey burgers. I was notified through a site called WagJag.com that Sunrise poultry was having a special deal on chicken breasts and turkey burgers so I bought both. 5 kg of turkey burgers and 4 kg of chicken. It cost me $74 total for 9 kg of meat. On my income I will find a way to like the burgers!

Guess what I got today? My St. Francis de Sales medal. St. Francis de Sales is the patron saint of teachers, educators, writers and journalists. I am not Catholic but I am hoping he will help me and guide me in my career.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:21 AM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
This is the first time I have bought turkey burgers. I was notified through a site called WagJag.com that Sunrise poultry was having a special deal on chicken breasts and turkey burgers so I bought both. 5 kg of turkey burgers and 4 kg of chicken. It cost me $74 total for 9 kg of meat. On my income I will find a way to like the burgers!

Guess what I got today? My St. Francis de Sales medal. St. Francis de Sales is the patron saint of teachers, educators, writers and journalists. I am not Catholic but I am hoping he will help me and guide me in my career.
THANKS! I wear a ST. Blaise medal every day!!!! I'm not Catholic either. He will help guide your career!!! All of the Turkey burgers I've seen have a LOT of fat in them. I will try to find some here. THANK YOU!!