Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Both day 1 and day 2 have not been nearly as clean as they should have been, but I'm trying to ease myself into this. I don't have nearly as much motivation as I did last time and I'm trying not to get discouraged by my cravings and cheats. Since I don't have a lot to lose and I'm not really restricted by time, I am just taking it slow. This time around, I am not holding high expectations for loss everyday. As long as I lose over the next couple months, I'm happy.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Both day 1 and day 2 have not been nearly as clean as they should have been, but I'm trying to ease myself into this. I don't have nearly as much motivation as I did last time and I'm trying not to get discouraged by my cravings and cheats. Since I don't have a lot to lose and I'm not really restricted by time, I am just taking it slow. This time around, I am not holding high expectations for loss everyday. As long as I lose over the next couple months, I'm happy.
Easing yourself into it is a good idea I think. That way your systems isn't as shocked as when you suddenly start. But don't get discouraged, if this is important to you you will do it.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #243
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aliquot
Stats: 220/205/140
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 3/4/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticGood View Post
My goal is under 200 by tomorrow morning! I will accept 199.999999999 but I am just really hoping I meet my goal. This is roughly 3 pounds less than my weigh-in earlier this week, and 3 pounds is the lower end of my weekly goal so...

Weighing in at 201 so I am drinking tons and tons of water right now lol
Oh man, I am right there with you, at 203 lbs! Straining to get into the 190s! Finally getting a new scale tomorrww now that I have time to do basic things, like shop. Hope my new scale reveals to me that my old, prehistoric scale was faulty and was adding a couple of pounds--that would make my day for sure.

Today was like an obstacle course, food-wise. First my classmates wanted to go for ice cream, which I went with them for but didn't have any ice cream. Then there was a girls' night in with wine and desserts and all that stuff. Ate a dinner of lemon pepper shrimp and an egg white omelette beforehand at home and that seemed to help me keep my hands to myself and away from all the snacks and drinks. I haven't seen this kind of motivation in like....ever. This diet has for sure changed me! And if someone as lazily stubborn and unmotivated as me can change...then the apocalypse must be coming.

Just kidding--what it really means is, anything is possible, and our weight goals most definitely are! Can't wait till we're all where we want to be and basking in the glory of some new, even sexier bods.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:37 AM   #244
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Saturday morning!

Little Lav - how did you enjoy your time abroad? You did great with your weight! Congratulations!

I'm not doing so great - on again off again. But it will come.

My laptop isn't behaving properly so I'm going to shut it down - like my diet, I'll be around on again off again until next week when the part for the laptop part gets in.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliquot View Post
Oh man, I am right there with you, at 203 lbs! Straining to get into the 190s! Finally getting a new scale tomorrww now that I have time to do basic things, like shop. Hope my new scale reveals to me that my old, prehistoric scale was faulty and was adding a couple of pounds--that would make my day for sure.
I got a new scale and it weighed me seven pounds heavier! Oh well! That started me back here and getting serious about weight loss.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
Easing yourself into it is a good idea I think. That way your systems isn't as shocked as when you suddenly start. But don't get discouraged, if this is important to you you will do it.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Saturday morning!

Little Lav - how did you enjoy your time abroad? You did great with your weight! Congratulations!

I'm not doing so great - on again off again. But it will come.

My laptop isn't behaving properly so I'm going to shut it down - like my diet, I'll be around on again off again until next week when the part for the laptop part gets in.
Aw you remembered haha my time abroad was amazing!! Did lots of awesome traveling but ate A LOT, so I'm surprised I didn't gain anymore, but I'll take it. As for you, you'll get there! You know what it takes, hopefully there will be a window when life doesn't get in the way soon.

I don't know why I'm surprised but I'm down 1.8 lbs in two days even with all my cheats. I'm not sure if that's water because I was up to 134 at one point, so I figured the 130 weight was minus that water weight, but maybe it still is! If all the weight I gained back from my lowest (8 lbs) was water weight, that's pretty killer, as I didn't think I was one to retain water so easily. Although that is from 8 months of eating like crap, maybe it's possible.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #247
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChaoticGood
Stats: 211/199.7/150
WOE: Atkins/ Stillman
Start Date: March 2, 2013
Quote:
I am five foot two - ok, five foot one and 7/8s - and I tend to put on weight easily. I have the makings of an hourglass figure it is just a little full right now!
haha even just these last two weeks have reminded me that- omg, I have curves! They're not super defined right now but I'm working on it! my boyfriend went to hug me and said "you're shrinking," so that was good to hear!

Quote:
Don't be discouraged by your weight fluctuating throughout the day! Weigh yourself right when you wake up, before you eat/drink anything, and without clothes on. Ideally if you can weigh yourself at the same time everyday in the morning, that's the number that you want to track because progress is measured most reliably when you keep as many variables consistent as possible. The fluctuation throughout the day is inevitable for a number of reasons... food/water/salt intake, whether or not you've gone "number 2" in a while, etc. Don't let it drive you crazy!!! And just go by the number, your "real" weight, when you first wake up and haven't put food in your body yet. That 200 number is what counts!
Thank you! You're right... and actually, weighing in the morning is my favorite-lol- it's when I'm the lightest! And welcome back to the program. Actually, I have been pretty lenient and still managed to lose. Did better yesterday and planned to be as clean as possible today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliquot View Post
It's nice to have someone who is right around my weight to go through this program with! It seems like *most* of the posters in the forum are smaller?

Well, I did it! This morning I weighed in at 199.7, which is great. Even if I didn't, I'd keep it up, but meeting a goal feels good- those little accomplishments. I know I'll be back up in the 200s as my weight fluctuates during the day, but as long as I see a loss every couple days, I will accept it. My new goal is 195. However!! I moved the scale out of the bathroom and into my closet. It is a small walk-in so it's not like I can't just go in there and weigh myself, but at least I will be reminded of what a psycho I'm being over the weight thing if I end up in a tiny dark room, squinting my eyes, trying to see how much I weigh!
Old 03-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #248
Junior LCF Member

Taking my kids to a birthday party today. I hope there's food I can eat! I don't want to be a crazy lady pulling hard-boiled eggs out of my purse so, I think I am actually just going to do this on the fly and have a meal right before we go.

I have been able to cook for myself and the family, adding some starches for them, without being tempted so that's good. I hope this is a lasting mental change!
Old 03-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #249
Junior LCF Member

littlelavender- how long did it take you to lose 50 pounds and was it all on Stills or low-carb dieting? Sometimes it's daunting to think that I have that much more to go... I am around the same height as you but have never been 120 in my adult life so I would be content with 150!
Old 03-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
littlelavender- how long did it take you to lose 50 pounds and was it all on Stills or low-carb dieting? Sometimes it's daunting to think that I have that much more to go... I am around the same height as you but have never been 120 in my adult life so I would be content with 150!
YOU MADE IT UNDER 200!!
I would love to hear this too! I have a LONG way to go!
Old 03-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yay! Congrats on reaching your goal for the week and welcome to Onederland! It took me about 4 months and I didn't really stick to strict Stillmans but i was still very strict with staying low carb. For those whole 4 months I don't think I had any bread, sweets, fruit (besides berries) or starchy veggies at all but I did have some veggies, cheese, and nonfat greek yogurt sometimes, so I guess it was more like strict Atkins most of the time with some Stillmans days thrown in. I also exercised 3-5 times a week doing both cardio and strength training, which i think helped. You can do it! After a while, you don't even crave carby junk anymore. I was overweight my whole life and kinda just accepted that fact until I came across this forum one day and got inspired by everyone's results. I never ever thought I'd get to this weight, so don't underestimate what you can do when you're motivated enough!
Old 03-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Doing a better job of sticking to plan today! Had 1 egg and 1 egg white scrambled with a liiittle reduced fat cheese and 2 slices of bacon for breakfast (higher fat but I needed to use the bacon up), and for the rest of the day I will be nomming on a rotisserie chicken without the skin. Feeling pretty good!
Old 03-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Haha sorry for hogging the forum today but I just wanted to add that my boyfriend also started dieting with me at the same time and went from 235 lbs to 185 in about that same time frame. Unlike me has even lost a little more weight (he's currently around 181) since the end of last summer even though he wasn't quite as strict was I was and has been eating a lot less clean (in general, not Stillmans clean) than I did when and after I went abroad (not fair!!!). Pffft, men! It seems they lose weight easier than women do but just wanted to throw that out there to show that it IS possible!
Old 03-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yay! Congrats on reaching your goal for the week and welcome to Onederland! It took me about 4 months and I didn't really stick to strict Stillmans but i was still very strict with staying low carb. For those whole 4 months I don't think I had any bread, sweets, fruit (besides berries) or starchy veggies at all but I did have some veggies, cheese, and nonfat greek yogurt sometimes, so I guess it was more like strict Atkins most of the time with some Stillmans days thrown in. I also exercised 3-5 times a week doing both cardio and strength training, which i think helped. You can do it! After a while, you don't even crave carby junk anymore. I was overweight my whole life and kinda just accepted that fact until I came across this forum one day and got inspired by everyone's results. I never ever thought I'd get to this weight, so don't underestimate what you can do when you're motivated enough!
GOOD FOR YOU!!! This forum really inspires me!!! I am hoping to make my goal weight before my BIG (40) birthday in July.

I had a GREAT day and I was TESTED! My husband and I had a HUGE day of shopping. I inhaled a LOT of espresso and ran out the door at 9 am. By noon I was starving. We sat down for lunch at Outback Steakhouse and I ate so WELL! I told the server that I had a massive food allergy and had VERY specific diet restrictions. For my appetizer I had grilled shrimp with NO seasoning. I am always afraid that the seasonings in restaurants contain sugar. For my entree I had plain lettuce with grilled shrimp. Just lettuce and shrimp!! I CAN DO THIS!!
Old 03-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Looking at some of these meal plans, I notice that there isn't alot of food on there so no one is worrying about making 1200 calories or whatever a day. Or even eating 6 times a day. Are you just eating when you are hungry and stopping when you are satiated?
Old 03-17-2013, 06:11 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Looking at some of these meal plans, I notice that there isn't alot of food on there so no one is worrying about making 1200 calories or whatever a day. Or even eating 6 times a day. Are you just eating when you are hungry and stopping when you are satiated?

I don't ever count calories. EVER! I am sure I am eating under 1200 for sure. I only eat when I'm hungry and I feel great.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:20 AM   #257
Senior LCF Member

I had some Senna tea last night (smooth move) since I was still having an issue keeping things "moving". This is NO LONGER a problem. I was ferociously hungry this morning so I had 2 small steaks. VERY VERY lean with some cottage cheese.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
I don't ever count calories. EVER! I am sure I am eating under 1200 for sure. I only eat when I'm hungry and I feel great.
I don't trust the minimum calorie requirements anyway. I am trying to do the same thing - eat only when I'm hungry. The weight is coming off and I feel pretty good.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
I do the same thing.... I image my cal are quite low though
Old 03-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
I also never count calories. I do however, look at Carb Count, Salt and Sugar Counts, Fiber and what additives are in the food.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member

I am CRAVING CHOCOLATE!!! UGH! PMS is kicking my butt! I won't cheat until Saturday (my anniversary) then restart Sunday. SO DYING FOR A SLICE OF CHOCOLATE CAKE I have such a long way to go so I will just go for a walk and try not to think about it. I will weigh on Friday and pray to be in the 270's finally! Then 40 lbs to go! LORD!
Old 03-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #262
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aliquot
Stats: 220/205/140
Start Date: 3/4/13
Quote:
I got a new scale and it weighed me seven pounds heavier! Oh well! That started me back here and getting serious about weight loss.
What happened to you, happened to me. I thought I was around 203 or below, but the new scale put me at 205-206. Which bums me out, but what can you do, right?

Also it is my TOM so I figure I have some extra pounds of water weight--definitely feel puffy and bloated. (Water weight gain during TOM still happens when you're on Stillman's, right?) Hoping after this week is done, I'll see another loss. Gonna try working out this week, too. Had breakfast with friends. I had very few carbs as usual, but I think I had more fat than I should have. Hope that doesn't throw me. I figured between the two, eating the carbs would have made more of a serious dent in things.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am CRAVING CHOCOLATE!!! UGH! PMS is kicking my butt! I won't cheat until Saturday (my anniversary) then restart Sunday. SO DYING FOR A SLICE OF CHOCOLATE CAKE I have such a long way to go so I will just go for a walk and try not to think about it. I will weigh on Friday and pray to be in the 270's finally! Then 40 lbs to go! LORD!
I find that when I am craving something I drink something warm like coffee or tea and it really helps. Then again, if it is something that just won't leave my mind the grocery stores here sell things (cake and pie) by the slice - I will plan my "cheat" and then buy a slice and split it with my husband. Sometimes all it takes is just a couple bites and then I'm good to go.

Try the warm drink first
Old 03-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
I find that when I am craving something I drink something warm like coffee or tea and it really helps. Then again, if it is something that just won't leave my mind the grocery stores here sell things (cake and pie) by the slice - I will plan my "cheat" and then buy a slice and split it with my husband. Sometimes all it takes is just a couple bites and then I'm good to go.

Try the warm drink first
THANK YOU! I will make tea right now. I really just need to make it to my goal so I will plan my cheats like you said. How do you do it? I will be out of the country in June (waiting for the contract so cross your fingers) then most of next year. I want to try to get to my goal weight and stay in a 5- 10 lb range for a YEAR! That is my goal.

Also for a concert at the end of April I have a gown that I would LOVE to wear that is too small!

Last edited by Turandot; 03-17-2013 at 06:52 PM..
Old 03-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Another question. Last time I was on this my TOM stopped so I stopped the diet. I won't quit again, just try to work something out.

I am going to spend two or three weeks on Stllman's then a week with alternating between all meat and meat and vegies. Three days off a month.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
A standard hint is to have a small piece of really good, dark chocolate. Then you won't eat as much. But that messes with Stillman's doesn't it?

I have 62-65 to go, as of this morning. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Last edited by bcgrown; 03-17-2013 at 09:39 PM.. Reason: more to add
Old 03-18-2013, 03:58 AM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
A standard hint is to have a small piece of really good, dark chocolate. Then you won't eat as much. But that messes with Stillman's doesn't it?

I have 62-65 to go, as of this morning. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
I would LOVE to lose 60!! How long do you think it will take? I was so tempted to have an atkins peanut bar last night but I just went to bed. I want to have a cheat once a month then hard core Stills. This is my only chance to lose the weight so I have to do it.

I am know YOU will make your goal.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:07 AM   #268
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Monday morning! Again, just a drive by - I have about an hour left of battery life on my laptop and the power cord won't arrive until Thursday. I'm restarting today. I think I needed the break. I wish I could be one who just stays on plan, but I'm getting closer. It sounds like most of us are doing well. It is great to read all your posts, something I can do on my phone. Anyway, I'll check in tomorrow from the office. Happy Monday!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Decided to "experiment" with "perception" today. Last week I did not get on the scale until my weigh-in day (Friday)....I was really HAPPY to see a loss and that MOTIVATED me to keep on going, pushing through the cravings and the "pity parties". I have traditionally been a daily (sometimes several times a day) weigher. So, I stayed on plan and decided to see what I weighed today, hoping to see a loss, however small (don't we all??) - stepped on the scale and I was 1/2 pound UP!!!! I can't believe the NEGATIVE feelings that came over me (and I should KNOW better). I felt like I have failed...again! (and it had only been 3 days since my big loss!) - If there had been "bad" stuff in the house I would have been very tempted to binge....and we all know where THAT leads.

So the moral of MY story is that, for me, I need to weigh-in NO MORE than once a week!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #270
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Riri
Stats: 154/138/130
Morning everyone!
Past two weeks were a total mess. I travelled to Austin to attend SxSW festival and couldn't keep up with the diet. When I finally weigh myself last night I was 5 pounds heavier. It was kind of expected but seeing that number frustrated me, specially that I walked A LOT and thought it would help burning the excess calories. Oh well.. the weird thing is, I don't feel that I gained weight. My clothes are more comfortable and I look a little bit skinnier on the mirror.. I guess its just the new scale playing tricks on me hahaha.
Closed Thread