Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
I weigh every 2 weeks. I HAVE TO because if not I will be on the scale EVERY day and CHEAT out of frustration if I don't see a huge loss!! This way I stay ON PLAN!

I travel so much to other countries and while I am home for a bit now, I MUST win the battle!! I have a VERY VERY stressful career. I am in the public eye and I have become the poster girl for weight loss (my fault thanks to my press agent) so I MUST finally get to MY healthy (for my career) goal weight. Funny to see that my GOAL is many posters high weight!

I walked on the treadmill for an hour yesterday and today. Not fast but a high incline while watching movies from netflix. It makes the time FLY by and I can watch all of the movies my husband would rather NOT watch!

HANG ON EVERYONE!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Thats a good plan, I should really start doing that but I keep saying well when I hit ... weight I will hide my scale and then I get there and I am scared to gain so I set a new weight but then I get frustrated only losing .4 lbs cuz I was so hungry the day before so I binge eat and then I am up 4 lbs and then its just a cycle!

Thats too bad having a stressful job but as long as you like it its worth it! Do you like it?

Cardio is great for getting smaller I looked at measurments I took about 1.5 years ago and I weighed more but was smaller because I was rollerblading and biking daily.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Hi everyone! Not sure if you guys remember me but I see a lot of familiar faces! I did Stillmans last year and lost over 40 lbs in 3 months. I've gained some weight back--not too much, but I'd actually like to get down to a little lower than I was before because I know I still felt like I could lose a bit when I was at my lowest at 126, so I'm shooting for the low 120's. Supposedly I have a small frame but I've always been too fat to tell. I'm hoping to lose 8-10 lbs by the end of April, which hopefully is still realistic even with so little to lose. I just want to look good in a bikini this summer! I was dieting all last summer and didn't feel comfortable in a bathing suit until the very end of it. I don't know if I can stick with Stillmans the entire time. Last year was my first time ever dieting so I had some really serious motivation and I didn't stick to strict Stillmans the entire way, but I was still very strict. I think for now I'll start with Stillmans and see how long I can go, then switch to more of an Atkins/Dukan kind of thing. I just hope at the very least, Stillmans will reset my palate and curb my cravings because that's where I get into trouble (as we all do, right?) and last year I was so good, I didn't even crave sweets or anything carby!

Anyway! To keep myself accountable, I will be posting my menus.... Today I have planned:
B - not sure yet, may eat an egg but I'm not feeling hungry right now
L - 1 egg, 1 lean turkey burger
D - 1 piece of tilapia

This is such a wonderful support group and you ladies are awesome! Keep up the great work!

Last edited by littlelavender; 03-14-2013 at 09:42 AM..
Old 03-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Hi everyone! Not sure if you guys remember me but I see a lot of familiar faces! I did Stillmans last year and lost over 40 lbs in 3 months. I've gained some weight back--not too much, but I'd actually like to get down to a little lower than I was before because I know I still felt like I could lose a bit when I was at my lowest at 126, so I'm shooting for the low 120's. Supposedly I have a small frame but I've always been too fat to tell. I'm hoping to lose 8-10 lbs by the end of April, which hopefully is still realistic even with so little to lose. I just want to look good in a bikini this summer! I was dieting all last summer and didn't feel comfortable in a bathing suit until the very end of it. I don't know if I can stick with Stillmans the entire time. Last year was my first time ever dieting so I had some really serious motivation and I didn't stick to strict Stillmans the entire way, but I was still very strict. I think for now I'll start with Stillmans and see how long I can go, then switch to more of an Atkins/Dukan kind of thing. I just hope at the very least, Stillmans will reset my palate and curb my cravings because that's where I get into trouble (as we all do, right?) and last year I was so good, I didn't even crave sweets or anything carby!

Anyway! To keep myself accountable, I will be posting my menus.... Today I have planned:
B - not sure yet, may eat an egg but I'm not feeling hungry right now
L - 1 egg, 1 lean turkey burger
D - 1 piece of tilapia

This is such a wonderful support group and you ladies are awesome! Keep up the great work!
I remember you! Welcome back!

Its great to see you have pretty much maintained and have come back when you felt you were slipping, I wish I had been able to do that last year.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #214
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChaoticGood
Stats: 211/199.7/150
WOE: Atkins/ Stillman
Start Date: March 2, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
And about that time I should hear whether a movie producer is going to adapt one of my books for screen so I may go off diet a bit.
Wow, bc! Very cool! I love to read. In fact, I've been spring cleaning a lot here and the freakin' books everywhere was maddening. I had to buy a huge new shelf! Good luck! That would be amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiegirl View Post
Hi guys!

I dont have a specific time frame for this, I just want to take it one day at a time and see how it goes from there!
Welcome back! I *just* started this two weeks ago and am so happy with my results that I am going to continue at least until the end of this month. Wedding season starts up, with my first one of the year on April 6th, so I would really LOVE to not have to buy new clothes just to shoot this event! Hoping all my dress clothes will fit by then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
Thanks for all the welcome backs!

Chaotic Good - back in 2010 I did not limit my cottage cheese. I ate the lowfat 2% several times a day. I lost with no problem. on it. However, this time around I may not be so lucky.

I am down .2 pds. I really think my medicine (hormonal) is the issue. But, for the sake of everyone else around me I don't want to stop.

Yesterday I had:

2 cups cottage cheese
2.5 ground chuck patties - I know off plan a bit
2 cups yogurt - fat free sugar free

Total calories - 1025 - Carbs - 39 (that is a problem - between CC and Yogurt) I know better than that
This diet looks like a couple of my days where I ate chuck patties (high calorie content) and cottage cheese for the day (no yogurt). I still lost. I'm noticing (by being a total psycho checking the scale all the time) that sometimes I have those .2-.3 pound losses and then next day it will be followed by a full 2 pound loss for the day so I wouldn't sweat it unless you stall a lot. I'm new to this so what do I know, though?

Quote:
I weigh every 2 weeks. I HAVE TO because if not I will be on the scale EVERY day and CHEAT out of frustration if I don't see a huge loss!! This way I stay ON PLAN!

HANG ON EVERYONE!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Yes, we can!! I don't know how you can only weigh every 2 weeks. I'm checking the scale SO much. I stayed over at my boyfriend's place for 2 nights and I was like, "uggghhh! I just want to know!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Hi everyone! Not sure if you guys remember me but I see a lot of familiar faces! I did Stillmans last year and lost over 40 lbs in 3 months. I've gained some weight back--not too much

Wow! That's great and very motivational! Welcome back. I'll never be in a bikini again, but I'm okay with that lol
Old 03-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
so coool our old friends returning! LilLav, ms girl..........

my internet went down from this morning to afternoon......grrrrrr........but the house is pretty clean so that's a good thing

so windy outside......brrrrrrr
Old 03-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
[QUOTE=ChaoticGood;16315968]Wow, bc! Very cool! I love to read. In fact, I've been spring cleaning a lot here and the freakin' books everywhere was maddening. I had to buy a huge new shelf! Good luck! That would be amazing!

I know! You should see my shelves. I keep shoving books on top of others and telling myself to get rid of some but they are special to me.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

My all egg day is leaving me very hungry! I have done them before and been fine, maybe after my beef day yesterday left me wanting more fat?
Old 03-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
I love your attitude! What do you do?
I'm an opera singer.

I have decided to take my current weight off my profile. I am trying NOT to focus on the number.

All day I was craving PASTA! I had lean beef and water instead.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
My all egg day is leaving me very hungry! I have done them before and been fine, maybe after my beef day yesterday left me wanting more fat?
Or maybe it was the peanut butter? I know that I am hungrier than usual today.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm an opera singer.

All day I was craving PASTA! I had lean beef and water instead.
I don't know a lot about opera but I from what I have heard, I admire you. That takes a lot of work. Oh, and I love pasta myself!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #221
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

I have decided to take my current weight off my profile. I am trying NOT to focus on the number.
That might be a good idea. I swear having this scale in my house is driving me crazy. I am fitting into some jeans that were super tight 2 weeks ago- haven't gone down an entire size yet, but really feel I'll be there by the middle of next week. I keep looking at the scale, though, and getting bummed out. I can't believe how much it fluctuates in a day due to food and water and salt consumption. This morning it was at 200.2 (I am hoping to be in the 190s by Saturday morning) and now it's 202.6, which is only a 0.2 pound loss from my weigh-in on the 8th. Ugh! Just a number, right? But I'm feeling a little discouraged by it.

That being said, I'm so thankful to have stumbled upon this forum and to have this group, however small it is, of people on the same plan as I am. I really think being able to check in once or twice a day helped me stay on track. Thank you!

ps- opera singer? That's pretty cool!
Old 03-15-2013, 04:17 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticGood View Post
That might be a good idea. I swear having this scale in my house is driving me crazy. I am fitting into some jeans that were super tight 2 weeks ago- haven't gone down an entire size yet, but really feel I'll be there by the middle of next week. I keep looking at the scale, though, and getting bummed out. I can't believe how much it fluctuates in a day due to food and water and salt consumption. This morning it was at 200.2 (I am hoping to be in the 190s by Saturday morning) and now it's 202.6, which is only a 0.2 pound loss from my weigh-in on the 8th. Ugh! Just a number, right? But I'm feeling a little discouraged by it.

That being said, I'm so thankful to have stumbled upon this forum and to have this group, however small it is, of people on the same plan as I am. I really think being able to check in once or twice a day helped me stay on track. Thank you!

ps- opera singer? That's pretty cool!
The number has been making me CRAZY!!!! If I don't see a loss a get so discouraged. I am in this to the finish line so I must stay the course no matter what.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:22 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Hi all,

I am an opera singer. That's why my goal weight is higher than some of yours. I don't have to be stick thin just very strong and I love my sexy curves! THANK YOU all for your support and kindness. This group is helping me so much.

I wasn't going to "out" myself but I am NOT ashamed!! I have lost a LOT of weight and now I'm in the nitty gritty!! I will get there by JUNE for SURE!! I have a BIG birthday in July and I WILL be at my goal by then!

Here I am:
Othalie Graham, soprano

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:33 AM   #224
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Friday morning! Oh Turnadot, you are beautiful and talented. And I love your attitude and the reminder to all of us that curves are sexy!

My computer power cord has died and a new one is on the way. I may not be able to post until it comes as I need to save my battery.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:02 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Good morning! It is Friday and that means weigh-in day for me. As a daily (sometimes multiple times per day!) weigher in the past, just weighing in once a week has been HARD! But I have to say it is also liberating - I don't obsess so much over a pound up or down.

So on my 2nd full week back on Stillman's I lost...... 11 pounds!! That make a total loss for the past 2 weeks 13 pounds!

I hope everyone has success - whether it's the shrinking scale, the loss of inches or both. We are ALL beautiful!! Now we need to be healthy as well.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Good morning! It is Friday and that means weigh-in day for me. As a daily (sometimes multiple times per day!) weigher in the past, just weighing in once a week has been HARD! But I have to say it is also liberating - I don't obsess so much over a pound up or down.

So on my 2nd full week back on Stillman's I lost...... 11 pounds!! That make a total loss for the past 2 weeks 13 pounds!

I hope everyone has success - whether it's the shrinking scale, the loss of inches or both. We are ALL beautiful!! Now we need to be healthy as well.
I AM SO THRILLED FOR YOU!! What a GREAT LOSS!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Friday morning! Oh Turnadot, you are beautiful and talented. And I love your attitude and the reminder to all of us that curves are sexy!

My computer power cord has died and a new one is on the way. I may not be able to post until it comes as I need to save my battery.

THANK YOU!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I AM SO THRILLED FOR YOU!! What a GREAT LOSS!!!
Thank you Turandot! I am praying that those pounds are truly LOST (and in they went to where all those socks go that I can never find!) and are NEVER to be found again!!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I congratulated you in the weigh in. That is awesome.

I have been losing a pound a day then today it was .2 pounds. But that is 6.2 pounds since Sunday so I am not complaining. I hope to lose between 3 and 5 pounds a week until I am at my goal. Sunday I am going to start exercising again on a daily basis so that should speed things up.

If clothes fit better but the scale isn't going down that is great too.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have been losing a pound a day then today it was .2 pounds. But that is 6.2 pounds since Sunday so I am not complaining. I hope to lose between 3 and 5 pounds a week until I am at my goal. Sunday I am going to start exercising again on a daily basis so that should speed things up.

Congratulations on the loss - and I agree about the clothes fitting better. Sometimes our body just needs time to "catch up" and this is one reason I have gone to a once a week weigh-in - less frustrating for me
Old 03-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi all,

I am an opera singer. That's why my goal weight is higher than some of yours. I don't have to be stick thin just very strong and I love my sexy curves! THANK YOU all for your support and kindness. This group is helping me so much.

I wasn't going to "out" myself but I am NOT ashamed!! I have lost a LOT of weight and now I'm in the nitty gritty!! I will get there by JUNE for SURE!! I have a BIG birthday in July and I WILL be at my goal by then!

Here I am:
Othalie Graham, soprano

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!
You are beautiful! and you have done so much!

How tall are you? You have to be at a weight that is comfortable for you!

My best friend lost a bunch of weight and was down to 180lbs she was wearing a size 28 pant so she was not big at 180 also she's tall and big boned... anyways my point is even if its not what "most people" want to weigh its what works for you!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Great job!!!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Readytolose60
Stats: 196/181/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 1/26/2013
Going hard again!

Ok ...
So as you guys know..I started my dieting in the end of January at 196. I did strict stillmans for about 3 weeks losing 14lbs. Well...I left for over a month and weigh about the same! I lost my cravings for all the junk and so I'm basically left off where I ended..which I am so happy about! Shows it's real weight..didn't come back even with carbs! Umm,.so I'm very excited and committed again. I mean it. I began strict this morning, and walked one hour today. I weigh 182 and my goal is 150 then 130 eventually. I have a goal to much less by may 8..I wonder how much I can lose in 7 weeks...walking and strict...? Anyway I think I need to tone cause I hate cellulite and I hope I can break this 180 mark and be in the 170's. I gave up here last time as I kept stalling! Anyway I'm pumped, refreshed and back at it!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

I am the same weight I was last week BUT I had my binge weekend so that means I lost 4 lbs this week which isn't bad so I am not having a cheat meal this week.

I have 3 bday dinners next weekend for my Boytoy and then the weekend after is Easter! I am gonna try and eat atkins type meals for his bday and then maybe have a regular Easter dinner but thats a couple weeks away so right now I am going to focus on this weekend and if I need to up my fat.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

I need to tape the following admonishment from Stillmans book to my mirrors and fridge! ESPECIALLY the last sentence!

"NOTHING ELSE IS PERMITTED ON THIS DIET--NOTHING! IF IT'S NOT
MENTIONED IN THE PRECEDING LIST, DON'T EAT OR DRINK IT.

If you disregard the instructions and eat regular carbohydrates
or sugar or alcohol, you will stop burning up stored fat as
efficiently. Even one indiscretion, one mouthful of ice cream, for
example, will set you back a day or two."
Old 03-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #236
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi all,

I am an opera singer. That's why my goal weight is higher than some of yours.

Here I am:
Othalie Graham, soprano
Oh wow! you are gorgeous! And by all means, keep those curves! The smallest I have ever been was about 140 and I am 5'3. I look at pictures of myself from that time and I was pretty small. My sister was worried about me. I realized I'm not comfortable without my curves, though, so a goal weight of 150-160 is just fine for me!

Quote:

Woohoo! Good job! I've done about 10 but will weigh in tomorrow since my start day was a Saturday. I lost the most in the first week which I think is normal. Mostly water?

Quote:

I hope to lose between 3 and 5 pounds a week until I am at my goal. Sunday I am going to start exercising again on a daily basis so that should speed things up.

I second all of this! I am hoping for 5 a week, but 3 is more doable. And I know now that I've gone through the water-weight period, I will have to try harder and put in some more effort in the excerise department. What kind of exercise do you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readytolose60 View Post
Ok ...
So as you guys know..I started my dieting in the end of January at 196. I did strict stillmans for about 3 weeks losing 14lbs. Well...I left for over a month and weigh about the same! I lost my cravings for all the junk and so I'm basically left off where I ended..which I am so happy about! Shows it's real weight..didn't come back even with carbs! Umm,.so I'm very excited and committed again. I mean it. I began strict this morning, and walked one hour today. I weigh 182 and my goal is 150 then 130 eventually. I have a goal to much less by may 8..I wonder how much I can lose in 7 weeks...walking and strict...? Anyway I think I need to tone cause I hate cellulite and I hope I can break this 180 mark and be in the 170's. I gave up here last time as I kept stalling! Anyway I'm pumped, refreshed and back at it!

If I judge by the rate I'm going (about 5 pounds a week but only in the second week so far), I think you can totally meet your goal by then if you stay focused and do the walking you plan on doing.

Quote:
I need to tape the following admonishment from Stillmans book to my mirrors and fridge! ESPECIALLY the last sentence!

Seriously!! This is the reason for the slower weight loss for me. I think I've only done two days of 100% Stillman's, without cheating with my coffee creamer or some oils and fats in my food. Who wants to be set back a day or two?!
Old 03-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #237
Junior LCF Member

My goal is under 200 by tomorrow morning! I will accept 199.999999999 but I am just really hoping I meet my goal. This is roughly 3 pounds less than my weigh-in earlier this week, and 3 pounds is the lower end of my weekly goal so...

Weighing in at 201 so I am drinking tons and tons of water right now lol
Old 03-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
You are beautiful! and you have done so much!

How tall are you? You have to be at a weight that is comfortable for you!

My best friend lost a bunch of weight and was down to 180lbs she was wearing a size 28 pant so she was not big at 180 also she's tall and big boned... anyways my point is even if its not what "most people" want to weigh its what works for you!
I'm 5'11. I know 220 for me is GREAT! Maybe 199!! We'll see how close I get!

Quote:

ME TOO!! TRUST ME!!! I am still putting "sugar free" creamer in my espresso. If I don't I will NEVER make it to ANY rehearsals!

Quote:
My goal is under 200 by tomorrow morning! I will accept 199.999999999 but I am just really hoping I meet my goal. This is roughly 3 pounds less than my weigh-in earlier this week, and 3 pounds is the lower end of my weekly goal so...

Weighing in at 201 so I am drinking tons and tons of water right now lol
YOU WILL DO IT!!

THANK YOU ALL for your kind words!! GREAT weightloss for everyone!! YAY!
I had 2 eggs for breakfast chicken breast for lunch and very lean steak for dinner! I have not been eating after 5 and I hope it helps!
Old 03-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I second all of this! I am hoping for 5 a week, but 3 is more doable. And I know now that I've gone through the water-weight period, I will have to try harder and put in some more effort in the excerise department. What kind of exercise do you do?

I do a weight routine - I like to work out to the American Gladiators workout - and different cardio. I used to kick box before I came down with MS so I have a few DVDs on that, also dance - not that I am good at that. Yoga, pilates, stationary bike. And I love to walk for my blog!

I am five foot two - ok, five foot one and 7/8s - and I tend to put on weight easily. I have the makings of an hourglass figure it is just a little full right now!
Old 03-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
Don't be discouraged by your weight fluctuating throughout the day! Weigh yourself right when you wake up, before you eat/drink anything, and without clothes on. Ideally if you can weigh yourself at the same time everyday in the morning, that's the number that you want to track because progress is measured most reliably when you keep as many variables consistent as possible. The fluctuation throughout the day is inevitable for a number of reasons... food/water/salt intake, whether or not you've gone "number 2" in a while, etc. Don't let it drive you crazy!!! And just go by the number, your "real" weight, when you first wake up and haven't put food in your body yet. That 200 number is what counts!
Closed Thread