Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 11:11 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
the cottage cheese pudding recipe is on this site.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2013, 05:09 AM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readytolose60 View Post
Hey guys IM BACK! Took a month off...but Great news! I weigh the same!! Yes...don't know how. Probably cause I never went back to eating all the crap I was, and plus been drinking alot of water!! I weighed in today and was 180.8 this morning! Yay! Anyway back on track in the am! So I will need support! Ok will write more tomorrow!
{{{{{{{{RTL}}}}}}}

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
The story was supposed to make you smile! If I could live to be in my nineties and then fall down the stair of the attic after getting drunk, I wouldn't have any regrets.

You are going to do great! I feel it in my bones.
LOL amen to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliquot View Post
So the apartment building I live in occasionally leaves out a big tray of cookies around lunchtime for us grad students to grab as we're heading in and out. For the longest time, they weren't leaving them out anymore, and then today of all days, they left out a heavenly-looking batch of them. Can't even describe how tempted I was! But I somehow had the power to keep myself walking.

My friends want to get ice cream later this week after an exam we have. I'll go for the company! And just make up some excuse for why I'm not eating and tell them to eat for me.
eek, next time steal the cookies and feed the birds and replace them with celery and carrot sticks......wouldn't that be a hoot!

finally up at a reasonable hour..........dang time change
Old 03-13-2013, 05:39 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
I'm Canadian!! By June I would LOVE to be 230!! I know that's asking a lot! I walked on the treadmill for an hour yesterday and I will do it daily. It make me feel so much better when I do. I had a chicken hot dog from whole foods yesterday no bun OF COURSE. Only 8 ingredients but too much sodium!
I was at the doctors yesterday and she suggested I add a PLAIN salad for lunch with some protein on it. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Turandot; 03-13-2013 at 05:46 AM..
Old 03-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
I'm Canadian!! By June I would LOVE to be 230!! I know that's asking a lot! I walked on the treadmill for an hour yesterday and I will do it daily. It make me feel so much better when I do. I had a chicken hot dog from whole foods yesterday no bun OF COURSE. Only 8 ingredients but too much sodium!
I was at the doctors yesterday and she suggested I add a PLAIN salad for lunch with some protein on it. What do you guys think?
What part of Canada are you from?

As for the doctor's advice I don't know what that would do to your weight loss. The Dukan Diet has alternating days with all protein one day then protein and vegies the next. I went to the dukan diet site and filled out their form and it told me my goal of 120 was too low and that I should aim for 132. With their plan I could reach that by September then it would take until June 14 for my body to adjust to the new weight. I am not spending $273 to sign up for their coaching system though.

I am aiming to be around 125 by the end of June. (the 26th is my birthday) I have a wallpaper of a woman's torso and she is dressed in cut off shorts with and plaid shirt tied under her breasts. It says Believe you can do it because you can. By summer 2014 I will be looking that good. Once I get the weight off I want to fine tune how my body looks. I am weight lifting a little now and will increase.

Time to go make breaky! Eggs! Good thing I like them.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
It says you are from PhilidelphiIa so I just assumed bc most people are from the US, what part of Canada are you from?

Sodium is a killer! Today was the first day my weight has gone down since my cheat day saturday and I was up 4 lbs and its all because of salt because I have been on plan other than watching salt and making sure to drink water! So pound that water!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
the cottage cheese pudding recipe is on this site.
Is it the one from the recipe thread?

I like making cottage cheese ice cream, blender with cocoa and splenda and making chocolate cheesecake pudding or putting it in the b or in smoothies with pumpkin, takes like a pumpkin cheesecake milkshake or just eating it with either flavoured splenda or splenda and cinnamon.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 164/147.6/145 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Stillman's again
Start Date: This time around...October 6, 2014
I'm Back

After 3 years I am dragging myself back in shame...

Back in 2010 I was doing Stillmans faithfully. Lost down to my lowest ever and then some major life changes took place and one thing led to another. In the meantime, I tried going back to regular Atkins (no success) then HCG (great success but not sustainable) and then regular Atkins again. YIKES! I am so afraid I have messed up my metabolism!

Anyway, when I was doing good on Stillmans and losing I posted everyday here! I drank lots of water and ate lots of cottage cheese. I am hoping to get this body under control. I did start taking some meds that I believe have also effected my ability to lose so if hardcore Stillmans doesn't work then I may have to ditch the meds or find a substitute.

Here I am and there is my story in short....

I need accountability!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Readytolose60
Stats: 196/181/130
Start Date: 1/26/2013
Feeling irritated

Why is it so hard? It's like as soon as I see something..I instantly forget I'm dieting and realize it when it's too late. Grrr
Old 03-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Is it the one from the recipe thread?

I like making cottage cheese ice cream, blender with cocoa and splenda and making chocolate cheesecake pudding or putting it in the b or in smoothies with pumpkin, takes like a pumpkin cheesecake milkshake or just eating it with either flavoured splenda or splenda and cinnamon.
yes I use that recipe
Old 03-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #190
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aliquot
Stats: 220/205/140
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 3/4/13
Quote:
You are stronger than me! I cannot avoid ice cream most other things but ice cream and PB are my weaknesses
Haha, trust me, I'm not that noble. I did all this research on carbs in "no sugar added, nonfat ice cream" hoping I could get away with eating at least a tiny scoop of that. No such luck. The ice cream place doesn't have nutrition facts for their ice creams! Thought that was kinda weird, but oh well. And I do miss PB too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

eek, next time steal the cookies and feed the birds and replace them with celery and carrot sticks......wouldn't that be a hoot!
LOL, yes! If I can't have cookies, then nobody else can! If I really did that, there would be riots in the lobby, haha.

In other news...I'll be getting a new weighing scale this weekend, but in the mean time, I recalibrated my ancient, museum-worthy one and hopped on. Close to 205 now! Water weight or not, there's no motivation like seeing that number shrink!

Speaking of water, I gotta up how much I'm drinking. I don't know why but I feel like I get full really easily when drinking water, and I don't like that feeling of it all sloshing around in my belly, lol. I am definitely thirstier while on this diet though. Anyone else have problems w/ the water drinking when they first started?
Old 03-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #191
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I don't drink coffee right now - I decided to cut back on sweetener and I can't stand coffee without it so I stopped drinking it! LOL
Couldn't agree more! Straight black coffee does unpleasant things to my stomach, lol. I'm just sticking to teas.

About sweeteners, I know aspartame can stall some people, which is why I'm not gonna rely on diet sodas for my sweet fix, but sucralose (the base in Splenda) is fine right? Was thinking about ordering this protein powder that uses sucralose as a the sweetening ingredient...
Old 03-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Couldn't agree more! Straight black coffee does unpleasant things to my stomach, lol. I'm just sticking to teas.

About sweeteners, I know aspartame can stall some people, which is why I'm not gonna rely on diet sodas for my sweet fix, but sucralose (the base in Splenda) is fine right? Was thinking about ordering this protein powder that uses sucralose as a the sweetening ingredient...
I have heard that sweeteners can stop weight loss but I have lost weight using them and gained weight. I think it depends on the person. I also use Equal but only b/c I can get that cheap at the dollar store! (Sucralose is the base of Splenda)
Old 03-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post

Back in 2010 I was doing Stillmans faithfully. Lost down to my lowest ever and then some major life changes took place and one thing led to another.

I need accountability!
Welcome back!!

I am back too!! Just rejoined the Stillman's world in February....so we can"re-journey" together
Old 03-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Oops

Just had 1/2 a tbsp of natural peanut butter. I hope I didn't screw anything up but if I did, oh well! Be better from now on.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
What part of Canada are you from?

As for the doctor's advice I don't know what that would do to your weight loss. The Dukan Diet has alternating days with all protein one day then protein and vegies the next. I went to the dukan diet site and filled out their form and it told me my goal of 120 was too low and that I should aim for 132. With their plan I could reach that by September then it would take until June 14 for my body to adjust to the new weight. I am not spending $273 to sign up for their coaching system though.

I am aiming to be around 125 by the end of June. (the 26th is my birthday) I have a wallpaper of a woman's torso and she is dressed in cut off shorts with and plaid shirt tied under her breasts. It says Believe you can do it because you can. By summer 2014 I will be looking that good. Once I get the weight off I want to fine tune how my body looks. I am weight lifting a little now and will increase.

Time to go make breaky! Eggs! Good thing I like them.
I'm from Toronto. I still have a condo there and I go back every month or so. I KNOW WE CAN REACH OUR GOAL WEIGHT!!!

Today I had the plain lettuce for lunch and chicken breast for breakfast and dinner. We'll see. I will weigh in 3/22
Old 03-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readytolose60 View Post
Why is it so hard? It's like as soon as I see something..I instantly forget I'm dieting and realize it when it's too late. Grrr
It's VERY VERY HARD!!! BUT YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #197
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChaoticGood
Stats: 211/199.7/150
WOE: Atkins/ Stillman
Start Date: March 2, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post

Back in 2010 I was doing Stillmans faithfully. Lost down to my lowest ever and then some major life changes took place and one thing led to another. In the meantime, I tried going back to regular Atkins (no success) then HCG (great success but not sustainable) and then regular Atkins again. YIKES! I am so afraid I have messed up my metabolism!

Anyway, when I was doing good on Stillmans and losing I posted everyday here! I drank lots of water and ate lots of cottage cheese.
Here I am and there is my story in short....

Welcome back! You mentioned that you ate lots of cottage cheese. I was wondering how well this worked for you or if you noticed a difference in how much you lost when you reduced the amount. I saw in the 14 day plan that you should only have 1/2 a cup, but in the QWL posts, it doesn't mention portions at all. Cottage cheese is my break from all this meaty intake, so it'd be nice to up what I've been eating!

I was tired for the first like 2 or 3 days on Stillman's but now I am really feeling a renewal in my energy levels. No matter how I end up doing on this, I really feel devoted to lowering my overall intake of things like breads and tortillas, not to mention sweets. I'm realizing how much THOSE things are the real culprits for metabolism gone haywire. Time to reset!

Good luck! I am feeling a lot of motivation from the others in this thread.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #198
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChaoticGood
Stats: 211/199.7/150
WOE: Atkins/ Stillman
Start Date: March 2, 2013
Quote:
So the apartment building I live in occasionally leaves out a big tray of cookies around lunchtime for us grad students to grab as we're heading in and out. For the longest time, they weren't leaving them out anymore, and then today of all days, they left out a heavenly-looking batch of them. Can't even describe how tempted I was! But I somehow had the power to keep myself walking.

My friends want to get ice cream later this week after an exam we have. I'll go for the company! And just make up some excuse for why I'm not eating and tell them to eat for me.

you are a true warrior lol I love ice cream and chocolate anything! I have been to some places that scoop sugar free ice cream and it was really good (not while on this diet!!).

Honestly, as the days go one, though. I am not missing that stuff, even though that doesn't make them any less tasty. I keep walking by the sugar free puddings at the grocery store- chocolate, double chocolate, dark chocolate... oh man... even vanilla and dulche de leche. might have to pick some of those up for the later part of this diet!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm from Toronto. I still have a condo there and I go back every month or so. I KNOW WE CAN REACH OUR GOAL WEIGHT!!!

Today I had the plain lettuce for lunch and chicken breast for breakfast and dinner. We'll see. I will weigh in 3/22
My family lives outside Toronto, I would love to move there but not for a few years.

Do you only weigh once a month!? How?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Just had 1/2 a tbsp of natural peanut butter. I hope I didn't screw anything up but if I did, oh well! Be better from now on.
I also had PB today so I am with you, I will be better from now on... maybe I won't have a cheat meal this week if it stalls me
Old 03-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I also had PB today so I am with you, I will be better from now on... maybe I won't have a cheat meal this week if it stalls me
I intend on holding off on my cheat meal until the 26th when I will be doing my grocery shopping. Then I will buy a small bottle of white rum - smaller than a mickey - and maybe some frozen vegies. One Friday and Saturday a month I plan on having days where I am not worrying about it at all. (I go over to my parents once a month)

And about that time I should hear whether a movie producer is going to adapt one of my books for screen so I may go off diet a bit.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
And about that time I should hear whether a movie producer is going to adapt one of my books for screen so I may go off diet a bit.
Well I think thats a great reason to celebrate! What type of books do you write?
Old 03-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well I think thats a great reason to celebrate! What type of books do you write?
Paranormal, this one is a paranormal romance.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #204
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticGood View Post

Honestly, as the days go one, though. I am not missing that stuff, even though that doesn't make them any less tasty. I keep walking by the sugar free puddings at the grocery store- chocolate, double chocolate, dark chocolate... oh man... even vanilla and dulche de leche. might have to pick some of those up for the later part of this diet!
You totally should! I was scoping those out too last time I went grocery shopping, and then just obediently had to settle for some sugar-free strawberry jello. But at the end of the semester, I definitely plan on treating myself a little with something sweet.

Quote:
Paranormal, this one is a paranormal romance.
Wow, awesome, and even more awesome about the potential movie!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:55 PM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

I had an all chicken day yesterday, an all steak day today and I am thinking of having an all egg day tomorrow. I like to test and see how different proteins affect me.

Maybe for my cheat meal this week (if I have one) will just be some veggies, I just really want some cucumber!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:31 AM   #206
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Thursday morning! Life has been full of life lately. I've started a new eating plan - I'm doing stills but I've decided to eat boring. So, for breakfast I have eggs. For lunch I have a shake, and for dinner I have eggs. I needed to get back on track and I need this routine. March is two weeks old and I've got to lose weight to maintain my 10 pound weight loss for February, and I want to see a loss for March. So I have buckled down! And on that note - I've got to get ready for a meeting! Ahhh, this is my life lately.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:11 AM   #207
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: blondiegirl
Stats: 230/156/120
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Hi guys!

I joined you in... October, I think, but only lasted a week on the plan. Now I'm determined to get a headstart on my remaining weight loss so I'm going to do Stillmans once again. I'm the kind of person who needs results quick to get motivation to keep going, and Stillmans is a miracle worker in that respect.

I've realised that I have to plan ahead a lot to stop me from cheating, so I'm making chicken and cod today so I have food to last me two or three days. I'm also going to boil a bunch of eggs at the same time so I can easily grab one if I feel hungry.

I dont have a specific time frame for this, I just want to take it one day at a time and see how it goes from there!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:32 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 164/147.6/145 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Stillman's again
Start Date: This time around...October 6, 2014
Thanks for all the welcome backs!

Chaotic Good - back in 2010 I did not limit my cottage cheese. I ate the lowfat 2% several times a day. I lost with no problem. on it. However, this time around I may not be so lucky.

I am down .2 pds. I really think my medicine (hormonal) is the issue. But, for the sake of everyone else around me I don't want to stop.

Yesterday I had:

2 cups cottage cheese
2.5 ground chuck patties - I know off plan a bit
2 cups yogurt - fat free sugar free

Total calories - 1025 - Carbs - 39 (that is a problem - between CC and Yogurt) I know better than that

Okay, so looking back the yogurt and the patties probably set me up for a low loss. Today I am hoping to get things totally lean and leave out some of the unnecessary things.

Today I hope to have chicken and CC only.

Everyday is a work in progress for me!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My family lives outside Toronto, I would love to move there but not for a few years.

Do you only weigh once a month!? How?
I weigh every 2 weeks. I HAVE TO because if not I will be on the scale EVERY day and CHEAT out of frustration if I don't see a huge loss!! This way I stay ON PLAN!

I travel so much to other countries and while I am home for a bit now, I MUST win the battle!! I have a VERY VERY stressful career. I am in the public eye and I have become the poster girl for weight loss (my fault thanks to my press agent) so I MUST finally get to MY healthy (for my career) goal weight. Funny to see that my GOAL is many posters high weight!

I walked on the treadmill for an hour yesterday and today. Not fast but a high incline while watching movies from netflix. It makes the time FLY by and I can watch all of the movies my husband would rather NOT watch!

HANG ON EVERYONE!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I weigh every 2 weeks. I HAVE TO because if not I will be on the scale EVERY day and CHEAT out of frustration if I don't see a huge loss!! This way I stay ON PLAN!

I travel so much to other countries and while I am home for a bit now, I MUST win the battle!! I have a VERY VERY stressful career. I am in the public eye and I have become the poster girl for weight loss (my fault thanks to my press agent) so I MUST finally get to MY healthy (for my career) goal weight. Funny to see that my GOAL is many posters high weight!

I walked on the treadmill for an hour yesterday and today. Not fast but a high incline while watching movies from netflix. It makes the time FLY by and I can watch all of the movies my husband would rather NOT watch!

HANG ON EVERYONE!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
I love your attitude! What do you do?
Closed Thread