Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
What is are 2-4 day mini hacks? or 2 day potato hacks?
I'm not sure who came up with the term - I've seen it on the JUDDD, PHD and Paleo boards. But, as best I can describe, a hack is when you limit your food to 1 specific food. For example, during a potato hack, you eat nothing but potatoes. No fat, no additional protein - you can add salt, fat-free condiments (vinegar, A-1, chicken broth, SF ketchup) just potatoes.

Others have mentioned egg hacks, protein hacks, etc. I think there are limited foods you can do this with for nutritional value, etc. There are some paleo people who have done nothing but potatoes for upwards of 30 days. The best I've done is 2 days, then I had to bail.

I've thought about doing a strict protein hack. Eggs, chicken, lean protein, etc. Sounds like Stillman's but on a short term basis to jump start weight loss.

Just toying with the idea in case the JUDDD rotations aren't doing their job anymore. Been interesting lurking and learning.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
I'm not sure who came up with the term - I've seen it on the JUDDD, PHD and Paleo boards. But, as best I can describe, a hack is when you limit your food to 1 specific food. For example, during a potato hack, you eat nothing but potatoes. No fat, no additional protein - you can add salt, fat-free condiments (vinegar, A-1, chicken broth, SF ketchup) just potatoes.

Others have mentioned egg hacks, protein hacks, etc. I think there are limited foods you can do this with for nutritional value, etc. There are some paleo people who have done nothing but potatoes for upwards of 30 days. The best I've done is 2 days, then I had to bail.

I've thought about doing a strict protein hack. Eggs, chicken, lean protein, etc. Sounds like Stillman's but on a short term basis to jump start weight loss.

Just toying with the idea in case the JUDDD rotations aren't doing their job anymore. Been interesting lurking and learning.
Repetition Diet Is what I have heard that called.

I have done chicken and egg days they work quite well
Old 03-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Rain storms are about to hit! Just got bacj from the store - here's what's for dinner this week!

Breakfast - Turkey Bacon or Turkey Sausage (I don't eat eggs - don't like the taste)
Lunch - Rotisserie Chicken OR Pulled Pork (done in the slow cooker)
Dinner - NY Strips / Pork Chops / Tilapia with Cajun Spice

Snack - Frozen Chicken Strips or Steak Strips that I can pop in the microwave

Firday is my next Weigh-In and I will STICK to the strict QWL!!! LOL

I can eat the same meat several days in a row - I just season it differently from time to time
Old 03-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Weighed in today at 283. 2 pounds down. I just noticed that you guys weigh in on Fridays! I will join in on the 22. I will stay on strict QWL until then. I must be in the 270's by then and in the 60's by April. SO HARD!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
Weighed in today at 283. 2 pounds down. I just noticed that you guys weigh in on Fridays! I will join in on the 22. I will stay on strict QWL until then. I must be in the 270's by then and in the 60's by April. SO HARD!!!
Great job! It IS hard. But then I tell myself recovering from obesity related knee replacement/hip surgery/open heart surgery, etc. would be WORSE! So hang in there with us - we CAN do it!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChaoticGood
Stats: 211/199.7/150
WOE: Atkins/ Stillman
Start Date: March 2, 2013
Well, I weighed in today and lost around 8 pounds since I first weighed myself! My first weigh-in was at a friend's house, so I know there is always variation in different scales. From now on, I'll use my own, but I am still feeling pretty good since that was my first week and I already admitted that I cheated.

mini-goal now is to be under 200 at the end of this week. woo!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #157
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aliquot
Stats: 220/205/140
Start Date: 3/4/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticGood View Post
Well, I weighed in today and lost around 8 pounds since I first weighed myself! My first weigh-in was at a friend's house, so I know there is always variation in different scales. From now on, I'll use my own, but I am still feeling pretty good since that was my first week and I already admitted that I cheated.

Congrats on the weight loss so far! You and I have the same mini-goal, and I just started too. Will be so excited to make it to the 100's. I've been in the 200's for a while now. And I need to get a new scale for sure....still have this badly calibrated, ancient one with a spinning wheel and red arrow.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:47 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Good Tuesday morning! That's All i have for now! Lets move!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #159
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliquot View Post
Congrats on the weight loss so far! You and I have the same mini-goal, and I just started too. Will be so excited to make it to the 100's. I've been in the 200's for a while now. And I need to get a new scale for sure....still have this badly calibrated, ancient one with a spinning wheel and red arrow.
Haha, you can get a scale from Target for $20. I got the pretty Weight Watchers one for $25. And they weigh down to the tenth.

We can do it! I'm very motivated now since I wasn't sure how much I was actually losing. My boyfriend said he noticed I was getting a little smaller. And I was like, yeah, my muffin top is smaller, right? Mini-muffins?

The last time I was over 200, I was pregnant!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

I have no motivation to stay on plan lately and I am so close to goal but that is probably why I am using the excuse of its only 5 lbs thats nothing. Even though I really want to be in the 130's. Its not even like I want to eat junk or anything specific I just want to eat whatever I want without a plan out of laziness and convenience.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
I LOVE that area of Florida!!! Make sure you have a spare bedroom for me

Yes you have to listen but you can set boundaries - tell her you are NOT a sex therapist so she can talk about anything EXCEPT that Unless you think she is being abused sexually then she really needs to leave and get help!
Will do, we will be getting a huge house so no one feels like they are stepping on one another's toes. And I have to have a pool.
Shar, anything you can tell me about the area would be appreciated......

It's not for therapy, it's guilt, she's effing around on him again.......

Quote:
Go Turan!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticGood View Post

woot woot go girl!!!!!!!!1

Quote:
I have no motivation to stay on plan lately and I am so close to goal but that is probably why I am using the excuse of its only 5 lbs thats nothing. Even though I really want to be in the 130's. Its not even like I want to eat junk or anything specific I just want to eat whatever I want without a plan out of laziness and convenience.
LMAO me too, the priviledge of being close to goal, yay us!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Readytolose60
Stats: 196/181/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 1/26/2013
Hey guys IM BACK! Took a month off...but Great news! I weigh the same!! Yes...don't know how. Probably cause I never went back to eating all the crap I was, and plus been drinking alot of water!! I weighed in today and was 180.8 this morning! Yay! Anyway back on track in the am! So I will need support! Ok will write more tomorrow!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Funny Story

Quote:
STAY SAFE everyone! I pray your power stays ON!! I made my husband put the scale in the attic. I NEVER go up there so it's better. He will bring it out ONLY on Mondays so I can stop obsessing. I am hoping to be in the 270's by Monday! I do miss low carb veggies a LOT and giving up the Fat has been hard. I find I am not eating very much but I feel pretty good.
Turandot, I had to comment on this. Many, many years ago a distant relative of mine was told that he had to quit drinking for his health. So his daughter hid the brandy in the attic. Her father knew it was there so he went into the attic and drank the whiskey. He got drunk, fell down the stairs and died. He was in his nineties! So drinking killed him.

I was on Stills last year for a month and lost 12 pounds. Something happened that scared me so I stopped and am now getting back to it. I have lost 2.4 pounds in two days!
Old 03-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

I just went grocery shopping and bought some goat feta High fat and salt but maybe it will feel like a treat and am making chicken with feta for dinner I havn't had cheese in a while so it will feel like a big treat!

Even though I have no motivation to stay on plan I have been on plan so maybe this isn't so bad. Laziness is winning but when all I have in the house that I like to eat is meat its easy to be lazy and on plan haha
Old 03-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
Turandot, I had to comment on this. Many, many years ago a distant relative of mine was told that he had to quit drinking for his health. So his daughter hid the brandy in the attic. Her father knew it was there so he went into the attic and drank the whiskey. He got drunk, fell down the stairs and died. He was in his nineties! So drinking killed him.

I was on Stills last year for a month and lost 12 pounds. Something happened that scared me so I stopped and am now getting back to it. I have lost 2.4 pounds in two days!
OMG!! Drinking still killed him anyway! WOW!! I'm so sorry!! I need to keep going. I am DYING to cheat and I just want to make it to March 23 then restart March 24.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #166
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I totally get that laziness/convenience thing and I'm not anywhere NEAR my goal. I'm not even craving things, except out of habit, I think, and I don't get very hungry during the day at all. But I still feel at moments that I just want to veer off plan for a little bit. No way. I know I can gain just as fast as I lost, if not faster, and even that little bit is worth it to me!

Woo! You're so close!!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OMG!! Drinking still killed him anyway! WOW!! I'm so sorry!! I need to keep going. I am DYING to cheat and I just want to make it to March 23 then restart March 24.
The story was supposed to make you smile! If I could live to be in my nineties and then fall down the stair of the attic after getting drunk, I wouldn't have any regrets.

You are going to do great! I feel it in my bones.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

I PRAY by June I am at my goal!!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
The story was supposed to make you smile! If I could live to be in my nineties and then fall down the stair of the attic after getting drunk, I wouldn't have any regrets.

You are going to do great! I feel it in my bones.
SORRY!! I didn't want to offend but it made me laugh!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

UGH! Ate some hard cheese yesterday. 1 ounce <1g Carb Then today had a salad stayed away from high fat toppings but did put 2TBS Blue Cheese dressing. My digestive is PROTESTING!!! No more of that!! I am listening to my body - it just can't handle the roughage right now - so I will stick to strict QWL.

A friend suggested some probiotics since I am drastically changing my diet - I think I will start them tomorrow and see if everything settles down.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
SORRY!! I didn't want to offend but it made me laugh!
Didn't offend me, I thought you may have missed my attempt at being lighthearted. The problem with the Internet is that so many things can be misconstrued.

It is difficult to offend me, I have had to develop a tougher skin as a writer.

How much do you want to lose by June?

Last edited by bcgrown; 03-12-2013 at 07:24 PM.. Reason: additions
Old 03-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
UGH! Ate some hard cheese yesterday. 1 ounce <1g Carb Then today had a salad stayed away from high fat toppings but did put 2TBS Blue Cheese dressing. My digestive is PROTESTING!!! No more of that!! I am listening to my body - it just can't handle the roughage right now - so I will stick to strict QWL.

A friend suggested some probiotics since I am drastically changing my diet - I think I will start them tomorrow and see if everything settles down.
I hope it helps, let us know.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #173
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aliquot
Stats: 220/205/140
Start Date: 3/4/13
So the apartment building I live in occasionally leaves out a big tray of cookies around lunchtime for us grad students to grab as we're heading in and out. For the longest time, they weren't leaving them out anymore, and then today of all days, they left out a heavenly-looking batch of them. Can't even describe how tempted I was! But I somehow had the power to keep myself walking.

My friends want to get ice cream later this week after an exam we have. I'll go for the company! And just make up some excuse for why I'm not eating and tell them to eat for me.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So the apartment building I live in occasionally leaves out a big tray of cookies around lunchtime for us grad students to grab as we're heading in and out. For the longest time, they weren't leaving them out anymore, and then today of all days, they left out a heavenly-looking batch of them. Can't even describe how tempted I was! But I somehow had the power to keep myself walking.

My friends want to get ice cream later this week after an exam we have. I'll go for the company! And just make up some excuse for why I'm not eating and tell them to eat for me.
Congrats, good for you. One step at a time and that weight will drop off.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

BCgrown: I meant to say this the other day but yay another Canadian! haha

live in a much larger city so you can probably get more than I can... but maybe you can share my pain with that lack of SF and FF things we have here as opposed to south of the border. I get so jealous!

Mind you I just eat those things sometimes just b/c they are sugar free so maybe its for the best.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

You are stronger than me! I cannot avoid ice cream most other things but ice cream and PB are my weaknesses
Old 03-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
BCgrown: I meant to say this the other day but yay another Canadian! haha

live in a much larger city so you can probably get more than I can... but maybe you can share my pain with that lack of SF and FF things we have here as opposed to south of the border. I get so jealous!

Mind you I just eat those things sometimes just b/c they are sugar free so maybe its for the best.
I don't like buying FF and SF b/c they add other things to them. I am trying to eat as clean as possible although I do use artificial sweeteners. (I have for many years, I grew up with a diabetic)

A number of years ago I developed a rare, potentially fatal allergy to my birds and was put on prednisone. I plumped to 205 pounds and I have never stuck with anything long enough to lose it. This time I am going to.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I don't like buying FF and SF b/c they add other things to them. I am trying to eat as clean as possible although I do use artificial sweeteners. (I have for many years, I grew up with a diabetic)

A number of years ago I developed a rare, potentially fatal allergy to my birds and was put on prednisone. I plumped to 205 pounds and I have never stuck with anything long enough to lose it. This time I am going to.
I usually don't eat sugar free because it upsets my tummy but sometimes when I am dying for a treat I wish we had some stuff here. like SF coffee creamer, it has no added sugar substitutes its just sugar free so if you want your coffee sweeter you can add a splenda or something.... I just got in on my last trip to the states I find it exciting haha

Is prednisone what Jerry Lewis was on that made him gain weight? If so thats what my Tat took a few years before he passed away and he ballooned to 150lbs from his regular 100 or so... he was quite a small man, he didn't lose the weight until he went off of it.

Stills is good for that, you will be at goal in no time!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

I use splenda most of the time. I don't know if Jerry Lewis was on it but my specialist called it 'the piggy pill'.

Thanks for fixing my entry in the march weigh in too. I got it mixed up.

I have made that cottage cheese pudding before and I love it. I will be going back to that for sure!

I don't drink coffee right now - I decided to cut back on sweetener and I can't stand coffee without it so I stopped drinking it! LOL
Old 03-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I use splenda most of the time. I don't know if Jerry Lewis was on it but my specialist called it 'the piggy pill'.

Thanks for fixing my entry in the march weigh in too. I got it mixed up.

I have made that cottage cheese pudding before and I love it. I will be going back to that for sure!

I don't drink coffee right now - I decided to cut back on sweetener and I can't stand coffee without it so I stopped drinking it! LOL
haha maybe it is the same one.

No problem I just like when things are in the right columns (which is why I will be an accountant haha)

What is in your cottage cheese pudding? I used to make a bunch of cottage cheese desserts, I will have to start again and I would love new recipes.

I wish I could stop drinking coffee I have been trying for years now but I like it too much
Closed Thread